General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Insurance...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 10:09 AM
jamieslittleracer
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Default Insurance...

hey, i was just looking at insurance quotes for me and i jsut wanted to ask a quick question...

i was looking at cars around 2.5 - 3k... just a little run around... and initially i was thinking going comprehensive, but then i thought if i had an accident they would write it off it the damage was worse than £1000.... as thats 1/3 the value of the car... and it costs an extra £500-600 to insure it fully comp... but would it be really foolish to insure a 3k car TPF&T? as anything less than 1k of damage i might cause i can just pay for the repair....

also what would the concequence of having my dad as a named driver on my car be?? also.... if i was TP then would my NCB be of the same significance as if id insured it comp??

thanks guys... i hate insurance!!

katie xx
Old 08-02-2005 | 01:06 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

your dad as a named driver depending on his history will make very little difference.
NCB is NCB, regardless of cover

and finally for a 2-3k car i wouldnt have any worries about covering it TPFT but then i suppose how often do you crash?
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:47 PM
jamieslittleracer
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by ballin
your dad as a named driver depending on his history will make very little difference.
NCB is NCB, regardless of cover

and finally for a 2-3k car i wouldnt have any worries about covering it TPFT but then i suppose how often do you crash?
hehe.... erm... ive had two ACCIDENTS...

my dad wants to go on its nothing to do with getting the premium lower... he told me i had to put my sister on it too who hasnt been near a steering wheel.... remember maureen??? think along those lines!!! hehe

cool.. well i think ill just do TPF&T tho... and ill treat the car like glass

thanks for the advise

katie xx
Old 08-02-2005 | 03:51 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

I went FC, figured if I an afford to spend £2750 on a car I should make the effort to protect it as best as poss, my previous 2 cars were both worth under £1500 so just got TPFT, guess its up to you really... TPFT is a pain in the ass if the crash is ur fault though