General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

road rage experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

You never know how mental the guy in the other car is, so getting out to start a fight is really daft!

I've had never come to blows, but have had an amusing 'altercation' with a guy who nearly hit the front of my car as he cut across a T-junction I was coming up to. I put my hands in the air in a 'WTF' gesture, and he slammed on his brakes and got out, shouting and swearing. He was an old bloke in a suit. So after politely asking him to get back in his car several times I got out and he carried on shouting in my face.

He'd obviously been eating peanuts, and was spitting them at me as he ranted. I simply asked him if he always spat peanuts at people he was cross with, and he didn't know how to answer, and looked all confused. He just quietly got back in his car and drove off.

It's way better to diffuse the situation with words than it is to get all punchy like a kid in a playground.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If somebody tailgates me i will slow down and do my best to piss them off, or slam the brakes on normaly wakes them up
Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
ste1806
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont really have any to speak about myself, but with people saying you never know who ya dealing with are quite right.
I remember it was in the paper and on news few years back someone had a road rage moment, got out to fight as usual and lennox lewis was in the other car. He said he was never so desperate to appologise lol
Old 01-05-2011, 04:26 PM
neilscott83
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

A bloke i used to work with had a sawn off shot gun waved out of a car window at him on the seven sisters road in london after giving it the big un soon shut him up.
Whats the point in it all some people need to grow up me thinks im a lorry driver if i had a fight with the amount of cocks i see on the road every day i wouldnt get anything done.
As for the few replies on here basking in the glory of being 6ft 2 6ft4 etc who gives a fuck your more likely to get stabbed height and size mean nothing someone who is 7ft will still feel pain and bleed the same as someone whos 4ft10.
I may be wrong but im sure you can get points for road rage aswell fuck that.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Not had one myself yet but I do remember when I was a lot younger, me and my two sisters were in the back of the car with my dad at the wheel. He had double parked (so he was to blame really) outside a costcutter whilst my mum popped in for milk or something. Although my dad had double parked he wasn't reall blocking anyone as a coach and several car had passed without any problems. But then a sierra passed us and pulled in in front of us and we could see a bloke and his wife having a slight argument, obviously urging him to get out of the car and have a word with my dad, so he steps out of the car and comes over to my dad (whos still sat in the car) and starts mouthing off. Before he has a chnc to do anything my dad get out of the car where this bloke realises my dad is like nearly a foot taller and a much bigger build than him, backs away, but still mouths away at my dad, so my dad grabs him and politely tells him to fuck off when his missues steps out and really starts mouthing away. My dad explains to them altough he was in the wrong, he wasn't in the way so they eventually piss off, but my dad is pissed off so we chase him to the next village (approx 2 miles away) before we convince him to turn around, and he does, and then we have the quickest car journey ever where he maxes out our sierra (2.0 twincam) back to the costcutter to pick up my mum before she even got out of the shop! Scared the shit out of me and my sisters back then but now I laugh at it. He hasn't double parked since, so I guess its lessons learned.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:53 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

just slam brakes on at tailgaters thats what i do, or flooor it and leave em.
road rage for me has always been at junctions or lights if say someone calls me a wanker through there driving error and i will not stand for that, i have to get out im afraid and try to make them do it to my face but they never do its always lock doors and horse blinkers on !
Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Not everyone has a 900bhp supra the can floor to get away with those antics.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by gjh
Not everyone has a 900bhp supra the can floor to get away with those antics.
im most often in the octavia or the van so braking does the trick, it has too
if you mean antics with reference to getting out my car, to right i will if someone calls me a wanker who has cut me up, maybe im old school but if someone calls me a wanker to my face then they get a punch in the face im afraid. it should be regarded as no different to being stood talking or reacting to someones face when people are driving there cars, on a forum etc
Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

I meant the antics of flooring it and leaving them but a punch in the face is just as effective.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
LukeDaisley
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time i have got out of my car due to rage was when i was about to reverse park in a bay and some cock in a BMW drives str8 in it. So I get out asked and asked him WTF But he was about 6'5" and massive and black.

Before getting out the car I was looking to punch his lights out, but after seeing how big he was I just gave him a peace of my mind.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Chaz888
Advanced PassionFord User

Ass hoggers get left foot braking most other times I just give the "you dick" stare .
Old 01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

heard way to many tales of people getting out of their cars and wishing they hadn't lol! If someone tailgates you just slow down, 9/10 times it work as they soon get miffed at doing 15mph.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
ben_frst

ive had a few funny ones recently someone drove into the back of my ex bosses van at a roundabout, then he got out ranting and raving at my boss who was in his late 50s the guy was mid to late 20s. so i got out he just left my boss and started on me (i was the passenger) he got put on his ass his so did his g/f it was around 10am on a monday morning i had plenty of witnesses that both the pikeys tried to attack me so had no comeback despite the female chavvy insisting i was "goin daaaaan" for it lol

the fact is if you wont insult someone to there face why do it in your car anyone who does deserves all they get

its like keyboard warriors all front with nothing to back it up with

my advise to anyone tho is just leave it its not worth a steering lock over the head or being stabbed over or worse you could do time just for one punch on a moron who means nothing to you
Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Someone on here has a silly tale to tell. I'll let him own up(again)!

Not worth the hassle it can get you!
This would be me.

I lost the plot one evening coming home from work, was a pretty low period of my life and a relatively minor act by the passenger in a car was the straw that broke the camels back. Ended up chasing these blokes in their car, forced them to stop numerous times, blocked roads off, various things were said and done, etc. What I didn't know was how scared these wee boys were and that they'd been on the phone to 999 for almost the whole duration of this and had been directed to an RAF Base for their own safety.

I pled guilty.

I got an 18 month driving ban with an extended re-sit and 180 hours community service. I was lucky to escape custody, despite this being my first offence.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

oops grant

what boils my piss is how so often on medium traffic motorways the whole fucking thing is down to 40/50mph in the outside 2 lanes, not because of traffic density, not because of a biddy driving slow, but purely because the sheer number of fucking cunts swerving between the lanes cutting everyone up forcing everyone to slam on the brakes and the ricochet effect down the traffic line all because everyone is driving too close as well (another bug bear i hate).

totally avoidable and un-necessary traffic delays are caused by such bellends and are often the sole cause of "phantom" traffic cues.

Think of all that carnage all over the motorway network just due to selfish behaviour and tailgating. madness when you think of it.

and what the fuck is wrong with a significant number of brummie drivers?? did they get their license in a cereal packet?? pay their pakistani brother to do the test for them?? or do most of them just have no fucking license and hence no clue??? Sure many citys are hard work but its mostly aggression and impatience where as i dont know why but in brum no one seems to have a fucking clue what they are doing behind the wheel.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Chaz888

For me most road rage is petty torment and I find most people are not good enough at being assholes to piss me off you would have to be a career asshole for me to get out of my car and go all kung fu .

Last edited by Chaz888; 01-05-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Never had any road rage, closest I came was a while back, I was out one night doing the speed limit on a normal road, guy in a van came up behind my and seemed to be getting more agetated as we went on, I slowed down further as I always do (He could have easily overtaken me, he was just being a fool) he then put a full beam on this carried on for a fair while, eventually he decides to overtake at which point he stops in front of me.

I do nothing he gets out and comes towards me, he opens the doors and starts shouting etc to which I reply I am just doing the speed limit ,nothing happened and he walked back to his van and drove on.

As said just rise above it, you just make yourself look a big as fool as they are, of course defend yourself if the need arises, slowing down works fairly well ime as it gets the message across that if they carry on as they are you are just going to slow down even more.

Martin
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hopefully your story is a reminder to all G man
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

+1
Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 PM
rs2klee
K***LMT

WHY!

Your driving about minding your own, then some twat cuts you up or does something stupid then has a go at you?! because you just told them wtf you doing ? they put themselfs in that situation and just expect nothing to happen so why do they get pissed off for there own stupidity!

If i want a nice quite drive out in the saph i put a sticker on the back " Running In " you can then drive at the normal road speeds without getting pissed off with tailgaters or every twat wanting to race you.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 PM
bubs_rsturbo

Originally Posted by rs2klee
WHY!

Your driving about minding your own, then some twat cuts you up or does something stupid then has a go at you?! because you just told them wtf you doing ? they put themselfs in that situation and just expect nothing to happen so why do they get pissed off for there own stupidity!

If i want a nice quite drive out in the saph i put a sticker on the back " Running In " you can then drive at the normal road speeds without getting pissed off with tailgaters or every twat wanting to race you.
haha nice one im gonna have to get myself a running in sticker
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it so easy to say just chill out but EVERYONE can snap maybe your having a bad ect but does happen!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
oops grant

what boils my piss is how so often on medium traffic motorways the whole fucking thing is down to 40/50mph in the outside 2 lanes, not because of traffic density, not because of a biddy driving slow, but purely because the sheer number of fucking cunts swerving between the lanes cutting everyone up forcing everyone to slam on the brakes and the ricochet effect down the traffic line all because everyone is driving too close as well (another bug bear i hate).

totally avoidable and un-necessary traffic delays are caused by such bellends and are often the sole cause of "phantom" traffic cues.

Think of all that carnage all over the motorway network just due to selfish behaviour and tailgating. madness when you think of it.

and what the fuck is wrong with a significant number of brummie drivers?? did they get their license in a cereal packet?? pay their pakistani brother to do the test for them?? or do most of them just have no fucking license and hence no clue??? Sure many citys are hard work but its mostly aggression and impatience where as i dont know why but in brum no one seems to have a fucking clue what they are doing behind the wheel.
has anybody who has gotten out of their car to have a word with you about your driving ever survived to post on a forum their experience?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Have had a couple of road rage incidents but always the same sort of outcome everyone seems to be a hero behind the wheel but whenever I get out the car (I ain't a big lad at 5ft 8 but I have got a bit of bulk) they always seem to change their tune and driving style.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
chris m1

Had 1 just the other week on the way to work,Stuck in the usual convoy of traffic, guy in a VW van comes barreling up behind starts giving it the lights etc and weaving to look out at getting past (traffics doing a steady 50, on a 60 mph "red route"). any way get to the next round about and he wrong lanes it to get in front, pull straight across me nose so i end up clouting the curb to avoid hitting his rear step. Get to the lights at the bottom and he steps out and walks up to me, giving it the usual verbal, so i took me belt off got out walked past him to the van, took his his keys and launched em into the hedge at the side of the road..Swung round him and left him sat there surfice to say come home time it was dumped up on the island..

Spelt giving wrong

Last edited by chris m1; 01-05-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Magnum PI
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Slik Johnson
Ive had many rage moments but I generaly try not to get into fights. Its always the taxi's round Milton Keynes that piss me off. They drive like they dont give a shit. They go where ever the fuck they want to go. They stop when they want to stop. Now I get sometime they got to wait for people but they dont have any concideration for anyone else on the road.
I have two jobs, I have a 9-5 full time office job and also I am a fully licensed Black Cab owner/driver which i do at weekends.

I have to say out of the two 'careers' I have, driving the cab is the most stressful job ever, it really is. when driving my cab, I am considerate and steady on the road, I am an Advanced Driver (passed my I.A.M course many years ago)

Once upon a time I hated cab drivers too, thought they were all twats, but having experianced the job, have changed my mind completely.
The thing is Silk, the average cabbie is put under an inordinate amount of pressure.
  1. people dont seem to be able to wait 5 fucking minutes anymore for their cab. If your 5 mins late some people think its the end of the world and are constantly ringing to see where the cab is. Again adding to the pressure of driving
  2. Inevitably sometimes you have a passenger with a screaming kid in a pram and they are trying to give directions to the cabbie whilst telling the kid to shut up/pipe down.
  3. customers can, suddenly change their minds at the last minute, initially telling you one destination, then you get the old......hang on mate can you just stop here please.
  4. People seem to thing coz its a cab they can tell you to stop where ever they want you to stop, legal stopping place or not and give you an earful when you dont coz of the obvious danger
  5. Have you ever tried to deal with 5 pissed up lairy idiots on a saturday night, telling you 5 different destinations and then putting you under pressure/give you greif coz you've not gone the way they expected you to (despite you not knowing their particular area)
  6. Then you've got to put up with the other fucktards on the road who, because its a cab, automatically label you a cunt and cut you up, dont give way etc etc.
I tell you, try doing a 95 hour 7 day week putting up with the above type of shite (as I have done sometimes when its been called for) and not get stressed out.

Next time a cab suddenly pulls up sharpish, it'll be down to the passenger, not the driver. so please take a little time to consider the type of day the poor sod behind the wheel has had to put up with!!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My dad drives private hire taxis, he's no idiot driver. Although there is a driver he works with that runs people over thats stud next to the car and parks the car on it's roof in a ditch.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Mk4 Lew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's usuly the fairs that stress the taxi/cab drivers that's why there driving like that
Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
oops grant
Aye, bloody big oops Wazza!!

I hope so mate, what people don't realise is that it's not just the fact that you get a driving ban and have to do a bit of gardening for free. ...it's actually far more serious for certain people depending on your employment, for instance, I lost my job because I was in the press for what I did and because of my conviction I'll struggle to get another position in financial services/investments because of the enhanced disclosure checks they do for such a position.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Slik Johnson

Originally Posted by Magnum PI
I have two jobs, I have a 9-5 full time office job and also I am a fully licensed Black Cab owner/driver which i do at weekends.

I have to say out of the two 'careers' I have, driving the cab is the most stressful job ever, it really is. when driving my cab, I am considerate and steady on the road, I am an Advanced Driver (passed my I.A.M course many years ago)

Once upon a time I hated cab drivers too, thought they were all twats, but having experianced the job, have changed my mind completely.
The thing is Silk, the average cabbie is put under an inordinate amount of pressure.
  1. people dont seem to be able to wait 5 fucking minutes anymore for their cab. If your 5 mins late some people think its the end of the world and are constantly ringing to see where the cab is. Again adding to the pressure of driving
  2. Inevitably sometimes you have a passenger with a screaming kid in a pram and they are trying to give directions to the cabbie whilst telling the kid to shut up/pipe down.
  3. customers can, suddenly change their minds at the last minute, initially telling you one destination, then you get the old......hang on mate can you just stop here please.
  4. People seem to thing coz its a cab they can tell you to stop where ever they want you to stop, legal stopping place or not and give you an earful when you dont coz of the obvious danger
  5. Have you ever tried to deal with 5 pissed up lairy idiots on a saturday night, telling you 5 different destinations and then putting you under pressure/give you greif coz you've not gone the way they expected you to (despite you not knowing their particular area)
  6. Then you've got to put up with the other fucktards on the road who, because its a cab, automatically label you a cunt and cut you up, dont give way etc etc.
I tell you, try doing a 95 hour 7 day week putting up with the above type of shite (as I have done sometimes when its been called for) and not get stressed out.

Next time a cab suddenly pulls up sharpish, it'll be down to the passenger, not the driver. so please take a little time to consider the type of day the poor sod behind the wheel has had to put up with!!
First of all pal just wanna say sorry if you thought I was having a dig at you. Looking back through my posts I did make out ALL you guys were wankers. Now Im not going to go back on what I said cause I ment it. What I didnt say was in general black cabbies are fine. Its just the normal shove a magnet on the side cabs (again not all off them) Its generally the black and asian drivers who drive shit and I dont mean stopping randomly. I mean diving stupidly slow cause they're on the phone, sitting soo far up your arse they could see what radio station you were on and just driving like cnuts. I fully understand the stresses of the job and respect that but when you come to Milton Keynes and see the way SOME of the taxis drive you'll see what Im getting at. But like I said its generally the black and asian drives

And dont anyone start complaining that Im racist cause 1. What I said is FACT. Black and Asian drivers are generally worse and 2. Im halfcast anyway so I cant say what I want lol
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by 155lee
has anybody who has gotten out of their car to have a word with you about your driving ever survived to post on a forum their experience?
hahaha.

only one person got out their car to come at me and they backed down as soon as i got out.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:30 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I do get quite wound up by idiot drivers but not to the point where i get out and have a go at them, it's mostly verbal with me but if anyone gets out to me then i won't be backing down to them unless i know that i was at fault and caused the problem and then i will give them an apology. If they persist after i've apologised (only if i was in the wrong) then they will have problems.
With tailgaters i usually slow right down so that their journey is now taking them longer than it would have done if they had just driven at a safe sensible speed, in fact i will go so slow to make my point that they would be quicker walking round me.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
had one the other week, but driving in london it's the norm

but this time i actually got out the van when the guy behind was tooting and flashing his lights at me after i'd not let him cut me up and he's nearly gone into the kerb

he was right up my arse and i got out and looked at the side of the van, looked at the rear doors, nothing wrong so i went up to his window and said "does there seem to be a problem officer?" and he just shrank down in his seat holding his steering wheel looking all embarrassed

his bird on the other hand was going nuts so i said to her "were you driving? no? shush then"

and then to him "i'm so glad there isn't a problem, i'll be on my way now officer"

and off i drove

wouldn't have been such as issue but this was on the A40

not too sure what i would have done if he'd kicked off though......
That is such a quality line especially the "shush" bit, sort of line you'd expect to see in a cheesy Brit flick spoken by the late Lenny McClean.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Mark B

Everyone needs to calm down a bit?
Why get pissed at a stranger? Laugh it off and remember you've fucked up before.

Ever been in the wrong lane before a turn and nipped in or pulled out a space and the other driver think there's not enough room?

Why get angry about it as no doubt it'll mess up part of your day/ week/ month/ year/ family or even life?

It's easier to laugh n wave then to spend a night in the cells
Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 AM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

I'm mild mannered but lost it once when out in my RS.Just finish polishing it and was out for a drive.Overtook a bus and 2 lads hanging out of the window threw sandwiches out onto my screen and bonnet(Butter and egg everywhere) with them giving the V,s as well.Lost it completly.Pulled in front of the bus ,blocking the road and ran up stairs.Dragged the 2 lads off (around 15/16 years of age) forced them to take there jumpers off and clean my car.After they finished i wispered in there ear that if they were a bit older i would have sparked them out.I've never done it before or since,just red mist got the better of me.
You should of seen there faces when i came up the stairs on the bus,they had swapped seats sitting seperatly thinking i would recognise them.

Last edited by mercury grey minter; 02-05-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:52 AM
stevealien

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
I'm mild mannered but lost it once when out in my RS.Just finish polishing it and was out for a drive.Overtook a bus and 2 lads hanging out of the window threw sandwiches out onto my screen and bonnet(Butter and egg everywhere) with them giving the V,s as well.Lost it completly.Pulled in front of the bus ,blocking the road and ran up stairs.Dragged the 2 lads off (around 15/16 years of age) forced them to take there jumpers off and clean my car.After they finished i wispered in there ear that if they were a bit older i would have sparked them out.I've never done it before or since,just red mist got the better of me.
You should of seen there faces when i came up the stairs on the bus,they had swapped seats sitting seperatly thinking i would recognise them.
legend.thats the kinda thing id do
teach the fuckers some respect
Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 AM
xr2imetalhead
Part of the Furniture

Smile

its hard not to get pent up behind the wheel sometimes although i have never got out my car. i have had a few choice words for idiot drivers usually just get a mouthfull or a few flashes of me lights and a couple of blows of the horn just to let them know of my anoyance!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Derby_Gav
PassionFord Regular

Someone nearly drove into the side of me once on a round about (he was in the wrong lane), I went mad. I slewwed the car sideways, blocked the road and jumped out and stormed down to his car. He was just getting out and his legs were out of the door so i grabbed the door and started slamming it on his legs lock stock style. Reality kicked in with what I was doing so I fucked off sharpish!

Turns out his daughter was a copper. I went to school with his daughter. We hated each other.

Ended up in the cop shop being quized over it. The silly sod admitted he was driving too fast and agressively so he understood why I stopped?!

I got away with it without any charges but I won't be doing anything like that again!

Gavin.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Slik Johnson

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
I really shouldnt laugh but that is funny as fuck
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
david 100

If someone is giving you a hard time in traffic just look at them and mouth "I love you", remember we would all rather get a thump than a dick up your rear end.

Quick Reply: road rage experiences