General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car sales tactics

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
phil robson
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car sales tactics

went to look at 2 cars for my mam yesterday at garages, 1st one was a corsa, the price on ebay and autotrader was 2650 so got there the price on the screen was 2995, spoke to the "salesman" who said it was a mistake and they had underpriced it on the ad, fair enough so i said we had another to look at then he said we could have it for 2650 if we didnt look at the other 1! but if we went away then came back the price would be 2995!
needless to say we went to look at another 8miles down the road,
got there and same happened again 3grand on autotrader then 3495 when we got there, was a piece of shit anyway so we pissed off

anyone else had this? i could understand people giving in to this sort of crack esp if dont buy cars very often, i have worked at garages for 15year and never seen this

anyway i will name and shame these arseholes, cars54 at newcastle and dils car sales at south shields

timewasters
Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
gtinutter
Regular Contributor

so when ya go on autotrader it comes up as the cheapest car car so it will be first on list that what the car sales near me says
Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

not really going to help though is it, as if your not thick you will tell them you'll buy it at the price on the internet or not at all
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
ezz168
Part of the Furniture

Ye seen loads like that as sead above people who arnt clued up on buying cars might fall for it from what iv seen seems to be common practice
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone who fiddles as advert will fiddle a car
i see cars in bargain cars with the real price of 2500 ro summet just cos its cheaper to put as in under a grand, no way would i deal with these people

i wont buy from dealers anyway, they get the cheaper and make em look like the best, not good for me (like wheeler dealers on telly really)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
bigpower
PassionFord Post Troll

What you after mate?

I have a 52 Plate Corsa 1.2 5 door forsale?

Father in Laws Garage has around 25 Corsa's from 99 T regs upto 06 Plates....

Maybe not the cheapest but deffo the best you;ll get ( PROPER OLD SCHOOL GARAGE )

Good luck
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

went to cargiant a few years back to look at a CTR as they were close and wanted a nose round one.

The autotrader price said 10k, get there and it is 11k? Ask what the cash price is and he says Ł11k ? so I comment about it being up for Ł10k in the trader and he says, that price is if you take out our finance lol!!

He then tries the pressue sale and tells me to keep my money in the bank and get their finance, jokers.

Another place similar wanted you details before entering the show room, all the cars are 2 - 3k over the market value, and all are wrecks, dents, scratches, proper bald tyres, really poor examples of thrashed cars.

He then says he will give me Ł3k for my car (worth Ł1k private tops) and not to look at the condition of the car in the showroom, or the price, as he will sort a deal and the bits will all be done when we collected it.

They are designed to get people thinking they are getting a bargain and have to move quick before someone else get in on the deal, I just found it amusing.

Although the other week i bought some custom made blinds, and the guy who ran the shop says 'they work out to Ł80, but with the sale we have on they work out to Ł56.00 I didnt think until I left but there was no sale on, but him saying that just stopped me asking for more off!

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
phil robson
PassionFord Regular

thanks bigpower but we found one later on just on the doorstep really, seem decent guys no sales patter at all, usually just buy private but mam didnt want to travel too far, got a good car for 2295 in good nick so she is happy

been a long time since i bought off a dealer now i know why, but they are a few who are decent