General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011 | 02:46 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Default Please help!

Right guys i have been having problems with my RS, for those of you who dont know what im on about have a read:

https://passionford.com/forum/genera...ease-help.html

Me and my mate swapped his coilpack and throttle position sensor
when it was running with you holding on the throttle we tried wd40 round the inlet to check for air leaks, i have checked all the pipes by taking them of and inspecting them and wd40d all the plugs

as said when you get it running the engine gulps (if that makes sense, then has a miss/hesitation through the revs like a bogging,

today i changed:

The plugs/leads and fuel filter
and it started much easier but still cut out after a while, so i revved it for a while and then it RAN!!!!.............untill the fans cut in and it was like the fans were drawing too much current and the engine slowed down and eventually cut out and went back to turning over like it was out of fuel

i also noticed there was a little smoke coming out the breather?!?!? is this a bad sign?

does anyone have any suggestions as im at my wits end.......has anyone had any experience of there fans making the engine cut out?

As always any help appreciated

Last edited by Adam.; 02-04-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-04-2011 | 03:01 PM
luke_rs1800
Regular Contributor

double check the little rubber orings are installed properly on the injectors as they can pinch sometimes alowing air to get in and causing you problems! also pull the vacume pipe off of the fuel pressure regualtor as this will give you more pressure to see if your pump isnt giving you enough pressure. also have you ajusted the c0 screw ? and is the map sensor all connected up fine ?
Old 02-04-2011 | 03:08 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Originally Posted by luke_rs1800
double check the little rubber orings are installed properly on the injectors as they can pinch sometimes alowing air to get in and causing you problems! also pull the vacume pipe off of the fuel pressure regualtor as this will give you more pressure to see if your pump isnt giving you enough pressure. also have you ajusted the c0 screw ? and is the map sensor all connected up fine ?
Checked the injectors mate.....twice
so remove little rubber pipe of the fuel pressure regulator and leave it off, whilst turning it over?
i did wonder if there was a co screw, could you tell me where its located mate?
the map sensor is the only thing i havent changed, i have checked the pipes on the map sensor and they all seem fine....properly weird
Old 02-04-2011 | 06:28 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Anyone else?
Old 02-04-2011 | 06:42 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

try checking the charge from the alternator ?
Old 02-04-2011 | 07:46 PM
luke_rs1800
Regular Contributor

ye just pull that pipe off and try to start/run it. also the co screw is next to the map sensor on the bulkhead mate. it might have a little cover on it then under theres a small silver flat head screw but that shouldnt really effect it as bad as your saying. also check the actuall wiring to the throttle position sensor were it runs threw the inlet manifold, as sometimes they chafe and the wires break! i had to peel back the loom tape and 2 of the wires had snapped. happend to me and i was baffeled for a wile lol.

Last edited by luke_rs1800; 02-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2011 | 07:47 PM
luke_rs1800
Regular Contributor

and also like the man said check ur batter voltage, alternator charging rate to.
Old 02-04-2011 | 07:53 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Originally Posted by luke_rs1800
and also like the man said check ur batter voltage, alternator charging rate to.
charge is ok and its a new battery lol
will try the wiring tomorrow