General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

No tax, no insurance, no mot and still able to drive

Search this Thread

Old 25-03-2011 | 11:25 AM
kenna_86
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default No tax, no insurance, no mot and still able to drive

Hey guys I've heard that registering a car v5 form is a contract with the government stating that you will do everything in theirs terms and condictions like tax mot and insurance.

What I thinking about to doing is writing a letter to the dvla stating that Im going to have complete ownership over the car, therefore opting out of the contract. Therefore I could drive that car with out insurance and mot. Which also means the police have no say over that car as it is mine and have complete ownership!

Has anyone heard of this? If so what happened?
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:27 AM
Turbonutter69
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

No insurance is nothing to do with the DVLA is a road traffic offence so you would still get punished.
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:34 AM
kenna_86

But having full ownership voilds that insurance.
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:37 AM
Turbonutter69

Regardless of any contract you would be committing a road traffic offence so you Would be prosecuted.
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:42 AM
kenna_86

But they wont be able to do anything with the car, they wouldn't be able to scrap the car. Agreed they could give you a fine but that's about it
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:45 AM
kenna_86

And the fine is 60 pounds!
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:46 AM
Paynee
Regular Contributor

Go for it then and let us know how you get on..... Im sure you would and will end up with more than a fine when you get pulled over for it.
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:48 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Isn't it abit early to be smoking crack?
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:51 AM
Turbonutter69

The road traffic act now gives the police powers to remove your car and crush it if they so wish. It doesn't matter who owns the car it's still a road traffic offence.
And I agree you should stay off the crack it's not doing you any favours.
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:53 AM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What he's saying is sort of correct. By registering a car you give the police powers to crush it as it technicaly belongs to.the.dvla.

But its an offence to drive an unregistered car to.
Old 25-03-2011 | 11:53 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Its not April the first already?
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:01 PM
kenna_86

Nah I'm not on the crack! Im more of a what if! I not going to be driving around but I will park it somewhere to see if it works. If they are powerless to move or even touch the car without my consent. Open your mind people
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:04 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

It will get taken away and you will fined no matter what you write to the dvla
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:05 PM
Cozziekid
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Ok...............
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:21 PM
kenna_86

So what if they fine me. I can deal with a parking fine. I rather have a 60pounds fine then pay for everything else. I'll let you guys no how it goes.
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:24 PM
kenna_86

Originally Posted by zippyobrien
What he's saying is sort of correct. By registering a car you give the police powers to crush it as it technicaly belongs to.the.dvla.

But its an offence to drive an unregistered car to.
It's not offence to drive the car. It's says you must! But there's no offence if you don't. I don't think anyone has been done for not registering a car.
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:29 PM
Rsmat
300+

What he's on about is freemans law... Works in some cases but not motoring I'm afraid.
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:32 PM
kenna_86

I know, it's the same thing tho!
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:33 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

you are completely wrong!

it is a criminal offence to drive with no insurance regardless of who owns the car. the police now have powers to seize any vehicle being driven without insurance and if not collected within a certain time limit it will be crushed!

even if a vehicle is insured say by its owner if it is then driven by someone who is not insured on it the police can and will take it.

the only way you can drive a vehicle with no mot, tax or insurance is on private land and even then it needs to be declared as SORN.

if you really want to test it then drive past a copper with anpr and see what happens
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:34 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

The police will take your car, you will get fined, and you will get 6 points on your license.

Last edited by Physio; 25-03-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:45 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Now you can be fined and they if you do not isnure the car aswell,even if you do not drive it
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:51 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Gary F
Isn't it abit early to be smoking crack?
Even For Charlie Sheen, WINNING
Old 25-03-2011 | 12:57 PM
kenna_86

Originally Posted by phil_focus
you are completely wrong!

it is a criminal offence to drive with no insurance regardless of who owns the car. the police now have powers to seize any vehicle being driven without insurance and if not collected within a certain time limit it will be crushed!

even if a vehicle is insured say by its owner if it is then driven by someone who is not insured on it the police can and will take it.

the only way you can drive a vehicle with no mot, tax or insurance is on private land and even then it needs to be declared as SORN.

if you really want to test it then drive past a copper with anpr and see what happens
The car cannot be crushed without my consent! I fully own the car not just a register keeper!
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:00 PM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

but you HAVE TO register a car? you cannot just take a car off the dvla database unless declaring it scrapped and even then it'll still show up who it belong to and where/when it was scrapped. no matter which way you look at it you cannot own/drive a vehicle without registering/insuring/tax/mot.
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:00 PM
kenna_86

I wil tow the car to a point on the road. remove number plates, nothing on it and I'll will post everything to see what happens! If I get away that, I'll see what else I can get away with
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:02 PM
john_p_b

what gives you this impression they can't crush your car without your consent? the law states if you don't meet set rules then the car will be crushed! they don't give a rats ass who it belongs to.

registering a car is not a joint ownership scheme!
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:03 PM
uruk hai

Originally Posted by kenna_86
Hey guys I've heard that registering a car v5 form is a contract with the government stating that you will do everything in theirs terms and condictions like tax mot and insurance.

What I thinking about to doing is writing a letter to the dvla stating that Im going to have complete ownership over the car, therefore opting out of the contract. Therefore I could drive that car with out insurance and mot. Which also means the police have no say over that car as it is mine and have complete ownership!

Try it and see what happens, we deal with all the “Freeman on the land” and “Freedom Rebels” not to mention muppets who try stunts like this all the time and they give those of us who work in the courts a cracking good laugh. If you fail to register the car that may be considered an offence, obviously if you don’t insure the car and drive it that will be an offence. I dealt with someone who tried this, no insurance and no crash hat on while riding his motor bike (his defence was "Diplomatic immunity”). The result ? 6 points and a Ł900 fine, love it
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:11 PM
uruk hai

The car cannot be crushed without my consent! I fully own the car not just a register keeper!
If you are so sure of that why dont you try it

And I think the point you are missing is that even if the car isnt crushed you wont have it as you will have had it taken off you !

Last edited by uruk hai; 25-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:15 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Opt out of the laws on rape as well by sending them a letter saying your cock is yours and you are allowed to put it anywhere you like, then go have a great time.

On a more serious note, by using YOUR car on THEIR roads, you are implicitly agreeing to the laws of those roads.

So what you are suggesting should be absolutely fine providing you only use it on your own roads

Last edited by Chip; 25-03-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:17 PM
uruk hai

Originally Posted by Chip
Opt out of the laws on rape as well by sending them a letter saying your cock is yours and you are allowed to put it anywhere you like, then go have a great time.

On a more serious note, by using YOUR car on THEIR roads, you are implicitly agreeing to the laws of those roads.

So what you are suggesting should be absolutely fine providing you only use it on your own roads

PMSL

To the OP please please please do all the things you suggest as it will give the people who work in the court you end up appearing in a really good laugh, people like you make our day
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:20 PM
Phil2002

I wil tow the car to a point on the road. remove number plates, nothing on it and I'll will post everything to see what happens! If I get away that, I'll see what else I can get away with

You fucking idiot!

The pickeys will take it and weigh it in before you've even got home.
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:22 PM
uruk hai

Originally Posted by Phil2002
You fucking idiot!

The pickeys will take it and weigh it in before you've even got home.
Thats if it hasnt been removed and sorted out by the old bomb disposal boys

This thread is comedy gold I tell you
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:24 PM
twinkle_2k86

so say you get away with it on the side of the road, you going to drive it then? cause if you are the one who drives into me with no insurance, i will ass rape you before the courts bloody do.

think this needs moving to the bloody muppet room
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:27 PM
Cozziekid

On private land they cant do anything, but if on the queens highway then the car WILL be taken and it WILL be crushed, they dont need your consent, get real ffs. But, its your money, if you choose to experiment and thus end up losing the car, having it crushed and made into teaspoons then paying them a nice hefty fine then go for it
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:29 PM
Phil2002

Originally Posted by Chip

Originally Posted by twinkle_2k86
so say you get away with it on the side of the road, you going to drive it then? cause if you are the one who drives into me with no insurance, i will ass rape you before the courts bloody do.

think this needs moving to the bloody muppet room
Just opt out of the rape law as chip said before you ass rape him tho!!!!!!!
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:30 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I do not agree with laying road tax as we are taxed too much, but to send my car in for a mechanic to check over for the MOT and to pay insurance incase I cause an accident and the people involved will have their car repaired or replace, any injuries paid for, etc and to have no hassle from the Police is worth the Ł500 I pay each year.

Last edited by FletchCossie; 25-03-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:35 PM
timrud
BANNED

What an utter mong the OP is, clearly a wind up.

This is wrong on so many levels.

If you really think your right do what yuo say and put your money where your mouth is, whilst I laugh uncontrollably at what happens.
Old 25-03-2011 | 01:53 PM
kenna_86

Y can't you unregiester a car? There is no law saying you can't
Old 25-03-2011 | 02:12 PM
kenna_86

Guys I'm not saying I want to drive around without insurance! Believe me I would be fucked with outinsurance and my car was fucked over and u wasn't my fault. Im only doing this as there are gypsy the don't pay tax! Don't have anything!
I'm just simply seeing if there is way around tax. Insurance and mot is the only two things I agree with! Well not the price of it but the idea of it.
About the rape thing, that's totally on a different level! Your birth certificate that your rents signs is a bonded agreement to the laws! So you can't op out of that that's a massive Tin of worms! I'm talking road tax!
Old 25-03-2011 | 02:17 PM
uruk hai

Try it but you will come unstuck, your not the first to try and avoid tax but you could find yourself losing the car. Just out of interest who is the car currently registered to ?

Quick Reply: No tax, no insurance, no mot and still able to drive