General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any plumbers on?

Search this Thread

Old 17-02-2011, 08:52 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Any plumbers on?

could do with some advice?
just popped up to my grans as she said the boiler wasnt working, had a look and there was zero pressure.
the boiler is a worcester 24i, about 8 years old.
ive topped it up and got it going again for now but there is a leak, and has been for a while, its dripping from the right hand side of the boiler, ive pulled the outer cover off and had a quick look and it looks like the plastic fitting in the top of the pump is weeping.
a bloke has been out to it and has aparently said its a 3-4 hour job and he will order some parts, there is another plastic bit inside the fitting?
well anyway, that was 2 weeks ago and he has still not been back.
so any common faults? it may not be the pump fitting, this bloke said it was in the top of the boiler, but the fitting was marked like he has tried to nip it up, it didnt look like it was seated into the brass pump fitting at the back properly, and it was clean and dry above.
What should she be paying? or is it a DIY job? didnt look too much but didnt look that hard to do.
thanks all.
Old 17-02-2011, 08:54 PM
fraser9764
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Bollocks! wrong room sorry, mod please delete, ill post again in non car related.
Old 17-02-2011, 09:04 PM
tezmanian devil
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so long as you shut off the supply to the boiler and drain it out there's no reason why you wouldnt be able to fix it, just dont go near the gas.

im still learning about boiler's, but if you have a pic i might be able to help, i cant remember the inside's of a 24i...
Old 17-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Cilly-jey
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where u lern that? as u are chatting shit! even to work on the hydrolics u have to be gas safe regesored!! as u have 2 under stand how it all works and what u are messing with.....
as i understand it, but might be wrong