General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Death Of an Automotive city

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

its not just the car industry, its anything with a consumer at the end of it!! And that means you and I.

Unless of course you buy fairtrade everything......

Did the public really believe the drop in relative price of expensive consumer goods we used to make was sustainable while still paying out good wages?? something was always going to give. This country has been ripe for china to rape and pilage from the late 70's.

The real shame is all that money spent and weve as a nation got fuck all to show for it.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:30 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
its not just the car industry, its anything with a consumer at the end of it!! And that means you and I.

Unless of course you buy fairtrade everything......

Did the public really believe the drop in relative price of expensive consumer goods we used to make was sustainable while still paying out good wages?? something was always going to give. This country has been ripe for china to rape and pilage from the late 70's.

The real shame is all that money spent and weve as a nation got fuck all to show for it.
there are measures that vehicle manufacturers have taken such as platform sharing etc to reduce manufacturing costs that have enabled some of them to remain profitable whilst maintaining some 'home' production, so yes.

having been involved in the automotive industry and seeing vehicles that have been made in china at this time, i know i would not buy one however low the price. and there will always be a price/quality balancing act for consumers that will maintain a certain market.