General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

parking ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
larsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry parking ticket

i wont give you a 5000 word rant because i am too angry to do that.

basicly i got a parking ticket because the parking voucher i bought was upside down on the dash! all information was showing and was fully visible but because the 'parking attendant' couldn't read upside down he/she gave me and another lad from work a ticket, £50 fine!

not very f***ing happy.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
rsturbolee
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if its a private company like euro car parks etc tell them to fook off they cannot legally enforce it
Old 03-02-2011, 05:17 PM
tiny2white

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I got clamped at Gants Hill last friday after popping into burton's for some oil!

But get this I was in the van with it running when i was clamped

they said I was on private land when i had 2 wheels on the curb and 2 on the road???
Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
tiny2white

£250
Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
bythomson

Originally Posted by larsen
i wont give you a 5000 word rant because i am too angry to do that.

basicly i got a parking ticket because the parking voucher i bought was upside down on the dash! all information was showing and was fully visible but because the 'parking attendant' couldn't read upside down he/she gave me and another lad from work a ticket, £50 fine!

not very f***ing happy.
even if its a local authority fine challenge it and show them the parking voucher . surely if its covering the time the fine was issued they should let you off,
Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge it anyway, remember they have to spend money to chase it, most appeals are won by the motorist.
Do some research, as there are example letters from a certain company, and on the site it lists all the legal loopholes, a survey done in Scarborough for example found 46 out of 50 road restrictions(parking) were illegal and unenforcable in a court of law.
tabetha
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM
larsen

Originally Posted by bythomson
even if its a local authority fine challenge it and show them the parking voucher . surely if its covering the time the fine was issued they should let you off,
my mate rang the council and got told that on the ticket it says 'ticket must be shown clearly and if its up side down it is not clear to read correctly.'
Old 03-02-2011, 05:29 PM
larsen

Originally Posted by tiny2white
I got clamped at Gants Hill last friday after popping into burton's for some oil!

they said I was on private land when i had 2 wheels on the curb and 2 on the road???
some of these clamping guys are p*** takers, i ain't had the pleasure of being clamped, touch wood.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:37 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by tiny2white

Seriously ? You sat in the van and let some cockend put a clamp on it ?
I,d love some cunt to try doing that to me!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
tiny2white

Originally Posted by brad
Seriously ? You sat in the van and let some cockend put a clamp on it ?
I,d love some cunt to try doing that to me!
Let him? NO
i had stopped to use my phone and was wrighting down info about a job

when i put the phone down this guy tapped on the window and told me he had clamped me!
I replied 'good for you now fuck off' then all of a sudden another guy slapped a 2nd one on to which I got out and started telling them what nice people they were then there was 4 of them!

all troglodytes, tats all over their heads/hands bouncer looking hard nuts
Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

contest it in writing mate, depending where the warden stood (side of the car, front, far side etc etc) the angles at which they would read the ticket would alter.

There was no guidance on exact rotation of the ticket in relation to the positioning within the vehicle, on the ticket machine or ticket itself so you did you best to make sure the ticket could be easily seen and that there should have been clearer guidance given in the form of both written and diagramatic forms to ensure speakers of other languages or those that cannot read or write could also follow/understand and be aware of the rules of correct rotation.

You could even claim that you cannot read or write (make sure the ltter is written by someone else lol!) and and so had no idea that the ticket was facing the wrong way and you had to make do with ensuring the printed side of the ticket was facing up.

They will wave that if they have admitted that the ticket was there but was upside down.

Facing down is another matter.

Last edited by matts1; 03-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 PM
nugnah

i am a civil enforcement officer, formerly a police traffic warden, we get these all the time, but we do take the ticket number from the rear of the ticket.
Challenge the ticket and include a photo copy of it and state that when you closed the car door it must have flipped over with the wind. They will let you off mate

jason
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Here's the letter I wrote the other day after mistakenly having parked in a disabled bay:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am in receipt of a ‘Penalty Charge Notice’ carrying the above references and dated x.

The Bills of Exchange Act requires that such a Bill identify a payer and a payee; and since your ‘Penalty Charge Notice’ does not identify either party, this demand could be from anybody and certainly isn’t addressed to me.

Since at no point did I contract with x Council to provide parking services, I can’t see how it could be meant for me.

Nonetheless, I do recall having an argument with an unidentified man acting in the role of a ‘parking officer’ on the date referred to by the ‘Penalty Charge Notice’. My recollections are that:

- He bore a badge showing the reference x;
- He arrived at the vehicle after I had arrived an opened the door in preparation to leave;
- He interrupted my leaving by pointing out that my car was stopped in a bay marked for the use of disabled people;
- He did not check whether or not I actually had a ‘disabled person’s badge’ before making this accusation and beginning to enter information into his portable computer;
- He subsequently refused to allow me to take a photograph for the purposes of evidence and identification;
- He subsequently blocked my exit by standing behind the rear of the vehicle and when asked to move, asked ‘What are you going to do about it?’;
- He had continued entering information and printed the ‘Penalty Charge Notice’ that I am in possession of all without having checked whether I was perhaps, actually, “displaying a valid disabled person’s badge”.

Therefore, please see my notice over leaf:

NOTICE OF CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE

[I, Me or My] gives notice to [You or Your] that:

1. It is my understanding that you claim I owe You the sum of £70; and

2. It is my understanding that you accept payment of £35 in full settlement if paid within 14 days of service of the Penalty Charge Notice; and

3. It is my understanding that I did not enter to and do not wish to enter into a contract with You relating to the provision of parking services, a parking space, or the same by any other name;

4. I conditionally accept Your claim and fully intend to pay any amount lawfully owed; and

5. The conditions of My acceptance are that you provide me with the following within 14 days:

a. Proof of claim that there exists a lawful contract whereby I ordered the services concerned from You in exchange for consideration of some kind; and

b. Proof of claim that the contract was breached and precisely how; and

c. A verified statement of account showing how the amount allegedly owed has been calculated including the source of the loss; and

d. A signed invoice, in accordance with and fully compliant with the Bills of Exchange Act; and

e. Proof of claim that your Penalty Charge Notice was not issued before all relevant facts were established; and

f. Proof of claim that your Penalty Charge Notice was issued as the result of a lawful investigation, unmarred by prejudice; and

g. Proof of claim that your officer followed due process and acted lawfully and legally at all times; and

6. My conditional acceptance constitutes a lawful request for validation and verification of the alleged debt; and

7. Failure to meet the conditions of my acceptance within 14 days shall be taken to be your tacit agreement that:

a. No relevant contract exists between You and I; and

b. You have suffered no loss due to any action of or by Me; and

c. There is no debt lawfully owed by Me to You; and

d. No controversy exists in this matter.

This is now a simple matter whereby you are required to prove that I owe the alleged amount. If you don’t or can’t, then your claim is unlawful. This is a lawful request for validation, without controversy – if I lawfully owe it I’ll pay it.

Yours faithfully, in sincerity and honour,

me,
All Rights Reserved.
Waiting patiently for their standard letter response lol

Chris
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
madrs247
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by cjwood555
Here's the letter I wrote the other day after mistakenly having parked in a disabled bay:

Waiting patiently for their standard letter response lol

Chris
Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
larsen

Originally Posted by nugnah
i am a civil enforcement officer, formerly a police traffic warden, we get these all the time, but we do take the ticket number from the rear of the ticket.
Challenge the ticket and include a photo copy of it and state that when you closed the car door it must have flipped over with the wind. They will let you off mate

jason
thanks for this advice mate.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM
cosevo
Advanced PassionFord User

Bloke at work in City Link van got clamped the other day, he even parked next to the clampers and told them he is delivering and will be 2 mins, by time he got back he was clamped, he got abusive, so they called a tow truck, company manager had to pay £485 in the end on his own credit card to get the van released, lol, clowns
Old 03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

battery powered angle grinder/dremel with a few discs. fuckers cant do anything about it. the will run out of clamps before you run out of cutting discs.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

I had a notice stuck on my screen - rang them up, was told £40 today or £80 next week, spoke to the council etc, and my solicitor and told them to fook off, got letter after letter, threatening baliff etc, baristers etc etc, i think the last bill i got was something like £500, well over a year ago now. cocks.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by larsen
my mate rang the council and got told that on the ticket it says 'ticket must be shown clearly and if its up side down it is not clear to read correctly.'

depends on how our looking at the car tbh .. if your stood at the drivers door looking into the screen it will read correctly ...

deffo worth a letter....
Old 04-02-2011, 07:07 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Wife got a ticket the other day as well

You can clearly see her parking permit displayed correctly in the photo's of the car lol.

Sent a nice email but not had a answer yet.

Steve
Old 04-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

you wont get anywhere with emails mostly. they will ignore them given the chance. written appeal and they cant fight it much.

problem you have is many councils are pushing the departments to reject as many appeals as possible. many people will just pay up. You can appeal as much as you like, but they wont tell you that.

wouldnt surprise me if they came back with "photos not clear enough" etc.

with me they tried to claim that in my photos they could not see that the parking permit sign was missing despite the fact it was obvious and when i replied to them with more photos showing the pole with a sign (recently replaced) and without with red circles to show the difference they then refused to accept them saying i could have taken them at any time

So far i have then demanded their own photographic evidence as they have failed to provide any despite me having CCTV of the womble taking photos. Ive said unless they can provide photographic evidence then i will refuse to pay up. So far theyve ignored me despite special delivery etc and continued with sending debt letters and trying to take me to court

the clowns clearly think the bully boy tactics will work. The funny thing is ive got another much older ticket from them thats unpaid for similar reasons and because ive ignored it as theyve failed to respond they have done nothing, no NTO or anything. Its only the more recent ticket where i have challenged their authority directly that they are trying to be heavy handed

I did accuse them in writing of swindling the public out of money by bending the discount peroid dates on ticket appeals I basically called them frauds.

Just keep writing shitty letters.

When it goes to the national adjudicator, if they fail to provide evidence then you will win regardless of their claims.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

Ive NEVER paid a parking fine in my 8 years of driving and trust me ive had a few, and nothings ever become of it. the only ones you have to watch are the council ones because they can get your address off the register keeper and come to your home, or wherever the cars registered to, and if its there, either remove it or clamp it! happened to my mate!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I've had a couple of these now which I ignored from private companies. First one sent me loads of threatening letters until they gave up, the second one I never heard any more.

My advice is if it is a private parking firm then ignore it, but if it is the council then pay up.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After watching a parking attendant in the city of Westminster put a parking ticket on an ambulance for parking on a double red line I got annoyed and started remonstrating with them, police were called I was threatened with arrest, and the ambulance was attending a heart attack.....

Old 04-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Clampers = SCUM. Only reason they do it is they are too dumb to get a job doing anything useful. Sooner the law changers to put these inbreds back in the dole line the better.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

I think the law already is changing oranoco.

private clamping is being banned. I guess over the coming months until it becomes law there will be a flurry of clampings while the cowboys try to get as much dollar as they can before they move into vehicle "repossession" or other scummy debt collection activities.

oh yeah another thing i find funny and a double standard, if you ring the cops about illegal clamping, threatening behaviour by cowboy clampers etc the cops say "its a civil matter" so why the fuck is it when the clampers ring up because your cutting off the clamp or giving them the same threatening shit the cops turn up straight away?? double standards or what??