General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The future

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by R5FORD
Not Australia
Are you still loving it out there then.How are the cossies.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul i dont think u have to worry with your car collection, you can get heat by setting them alight, should last a while!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Paul.V
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by GARETH T
120k in barry would buy you,,,,,, Barry lol
"Its worth 120K just to flatten Holton Rd" lol,lol!!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:14 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Re Tax

http://www.worldwide-tax.com/

Have a look at that, can be a bit of an eye opener.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:14 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
theres some nice parts but there is equally some crappy parts

i hate swansea lol its a pretty shitty city lol
The centre is hideous to be fair,and now they've ruined it by putting a fucking 1 way system that doesn't work in it!!!I think the last time I actually went into town to go to the shops was last Xmas,then last Xmas before that,it's so shit!!!

Theyre trying with the marina etc but sadly everyone goes out of town to buy now or to get really nice stuff we go to Cardiff!!

I don't live anywhere near the city myself,I'm on gower in pennard,near 3 cliffs,it's a really nice area but a bit out of the way,which is never a bad thing!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:24 AM
.Ross.

Originally Posted by vaughant
Yeah,I've heard about the red seal,seems sensible to get it anyway tbh as you cant really get decent wages otherwise.apparently it's quite an involved exam but not too bad,a few people on British expats have sat it with no issues so that's good.

I could have got sponsorship in some states as they were so desperate for sparks which was really tempting but it's just not the right time with his gcses,seems stupid to upheave him now.

From what I read above,are you out there now then or oz?personally I'd love oz,but the missus is unsure?
Aye ... I gained Red-Seal Status while living out there a few year back. Pretty Straight forward TBH .. The termnology used in certian areas is different. Being a Sparky the exam might be tricky but am sure you would piss it ..

I am currently back in the UK .. Still Expating for CAT .. Fly in - Fly out.

Just signed a 4 yr contract to take owner-ship of a fleet in QLD .. Just waiting on VISA's now ..

People just dont have a sense of adventure anymore .. I love it ..

Fix the problem .. Not the blame
Old 11-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MadMac
Re Tax

http://www.worldwide-tax.com/

Have a look at that, can be a bit of an eye opener.
Russia have come a long way from the days of the Soviets! http://www.economywatch.com/budget/russia/surplus.html

Definitely one to watch!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not the country thats fucked its the system, like a comedian said on the tv "you take no interest in politics for 20 years and look what happens"
Also the country is bogged down by paper work these days making it harder and harder for small companies to make a profit.
All this country needs is a healthy dose of plain old common sense which is what built it in the first place.
Lets put the uk first for a change

also problem is where would you go if you did leave the uk?
a warmer climate would attract me to leave the uk but it needs to be a English speaking country as i am terrible with foreign languages

Last edited by Dlatch!; 11-12-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Are you still loving it out there then.How are the cossies.
Yhep i am mate.. The odd occasion i miss england but theres nothing there that i cant better here there good mate got another on the way my black one ahould be on the road tomorrow hopefully
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by R5FORD
Yhep i am mate.. The odd occasion i miss england but theres nothing there that i cant better here there good mate got another on the way my black one ahould be on the road tomorrow hopefully
Do you have any family in gloomy england.Glad the cossies are ok.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Could be worse, we could be in some 3rd world country starving our bollocks off waiting for the weekly rice wagon to turn up with its handouts from dirty owd britain.

This post was written from the comfort of my PC in my nice warm house that has a good supply of electricity and water, Goddam its a shit life we really live
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
timster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
not read the whole thread.... but don't you have an awesome house, awesome collection of cars and fantastic business that you own and have a genuine passion and interest in?

hate to see how upset you get when you aren't having an amazing life!

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

the figure I paid on tax last year is comical! and it was spent SOOOO badly in my opinion by the government... BUT I have a choice, as we all do. LEAVE if this countries so bad! (I might )

lifes soooo short and you get one crack at it folks!

GENUINELY meant this as a 'happy' post

we are all sooooo lucky sitting here is our warm houses on our computers freely saying what we want in total saftety etc etc!

life for many people is so horribly different!
Absolutely bang on Lee,this sort of post really boils my piss.If I had my own house and a few 500's I wouldn't be whinging on here about it,or is it to rub people's noses in it? and then wonders why nobody is buying spares for their cossies or want them at next to no money.You've answered your own question paul
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dlatch
also problem is where would you go if you did leave the uk?
a warmer climate would attract me to leave the uk but it needs to be a English speaking country as i am terrible with foreign languages
Thats the thing, people say Oz, USA or Canada mainly, but unless your in a high management position (which youll be on a good whack so why leave) then you basically get lumbered with the shit end of the work, bit like the Eastern Europeans over here.
I would like to go somewhere say in Africa where the little man has an opportunity to do something, in comparison the wage will be dogshit but the real chance of being something different is the challenge for me.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
nichol4s

Originally Posted by timster
Absolutely bang on Lee,this sort of post really boils my piss.If I had my own house and a few 500's I wouldn't be whinging on here about it,or is it to rub people's noses in it? and then wonders why nobody is buying spares for their cossies or want them at next to no money.You've answered your own question paul
Tbh it's irrelevant what other people have got I work 10 - 12 hour days and get a decent wage I've got 2 new cars, new house, 2 kids and a big tv lol, but i think the situation is shit it's the government that's put us here, letting any cunt over the border because there to fuckin scared to say no we've got debt upto our necks no matter how much the tax everything the problem won't change because non workers won't work and breed like fuckin rabbits!!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G
Thats the thing, people say Oz, USA or Canada mainly, but unless your in a high management position (which youll be on a good whack so why leave) then you basically get lumbered with the shit end of the work, bit like the Eastern Europeans over here.
I would like to go somewhere say in Africa where the little man has an opportunity to do something, in comparison the wage will be dogshit but the real chance of being something different is the challenge for me.
Not strictly true,especially regarding Canada as it's actually more down to what you CAN do rather than the shit jobs nobody wants,thats more the British reasoning for immigration,that were all to tired to do the shit jobs.

For the majority of Dolescum that's true but there are a lot of us out there who are prepared to work and work hard given the right opportunity.

Would be cool to try somewhere like Africa,might take a while to adapt to the cultural/practical differences but it could turn out to be an enjoyable and shrewd move,especially if you could retain a slight income from the uk say by renting your own property out and creaming a little off the top.I'd imagine £100-200 PCM out there would go a lot further than here.

If I emigrate,that's what I'll be doing,retaining my house in the uk and renting it out,I'll buy out there,start again but shouldn't be worse off in theory.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by nichol4s
Tbh it's irrelevant what other people have got I work 10 - 12 hour days and get a decent wage I've got 2 new cars, new house, 2 kids and a big tv lol, but i think the situation is shit it's the government that's put us here, letting any cunt over the border because there to fuckin scared to say no we've got debt upto our necks no matter how much the tax everything the problem won't change because non workers won't work and breed like fuckin rabbits!!
I also work, 4 kids, 3 cars , motorbike and a smaller Tv than you, but to be honest there is little insentive to work these days when you see people on the social (not imigrants) driving newer cars, bigger houses etc and pay nothing for it so you can't really blame people for wanting the "social" life as its given to you on a plate, they don't have to go to work at 5am in the morning and see little of there kids like me.

If i could turn the clock back i wouldn't of bought my house and now i would be unemployed not worrying about morgage repayments and watching Jeremy Kyle every morning why people pay for me to do so, and the reality is that if someone knows how to work the system this is exactly what they are doing.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Do you have any family in gloomy england.Glad the cossies are ok.
Yhep most of my family
Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Prodigy4B
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

If only the UK was as strict on immgrants as other countries it would be a more bearable place to live.Honestly the place is going to sink under the Atlantic and unfortunately I 'll have to watch that happen from a deck chair on a balcony 1000's of miles away

Blair ruined it by letting tom,dick and ahmed in with 10 kids and paying for them and Brown finished it off by investing in China=No more jobs for the masses.

And now the £ is gonna get shafted by the euro and dollar just to help the matter.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:00 PM
evans2822

Originally Posted by bigchez
Dude you need to bone up on all the factors that dropped us in this hole in the first place - it certainly isn't soley to blame on immigrants Many have a significantly better work ethic than swathes of cunts that were born here and flex infront of the telly watching/participating in Jeremy Kyle whilst getting 'paid' by the rock n' roll every couple of weeks

It's very easy to blame the govt, the banks, the immigrants (), etc - the only person missing in this argument is looking at where you are coming up short . I appreciate (and see daily at work) people that have had some shit happen to them due to no fault of their own.

Point is you can either stay positive, graft your balls off and work out a way you CAN survive to improve your situation - or accept defeat, do nowt about it, whinge and accept where you are today.

I'm not a new age hippy or evangalist, just believe only YOU can improve your situation, if you want to.
Where did I say It was solely to blame on Immigrants? What Ive written aint even the tip of the Ice burg of problems this country has...Theyre just examples

Originally Posted by D16PJM
if we look at an even bigger picture ther tories have a bigger part to play in this recession than alot of people remember, as stated the energy companies are making millions, these were sold of by the tories by the iron lady along with just about every other money making asset the country had, now the pot has run dry, it wouldn't of made any difference who was in power this would have happened IMO.

Pete
Your right mate but consecutive govornments Including Labour have made some bemusing decisions...What about their last major decision In power? Sign up to pay 10% (cant remember exact amount) of any country bailout In the European union thats why Ireland are getting money off us when we dont have any so If spain etc go tits up our taxpayers will be bailing them out aswell???
Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 PM
evans2822

Originally Posted by DarylC
I'm staying, not matter how bad it gets as if we leave, then those fuckers have won.

your joking? It is not the tories fault, nor labour, but ALL politicians. No PM has ever had to live like a normal person so has no idea how the world works. And before you slag off the workers remember, there what makes the rich rich.

+1

If those students in london yesterday can cause a scare, why cant the ordinary people? People shouldnt fear the governemnt, government should fear the people.

On an economic side it probably would be about the same, but everything else...

They are traitors to this country, plain and simple.

Scapegoating. Immigrants did not cause the problem, the people who let them in did.

Yes evrybody... who goes to their golf club

simple facts, tories = scum. Labour = scum. Lib dems = scum. Why do we continue to vote for mainstream establishment parties?

I said LABOURS FAULT for letting In too many Immigrants so how exactly am I scapegoating?? Labour let them In so Its labours fault your reply makes no sense??
Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

I see where some of the comments are coming from about us being well off compared to the likes of parts of Africa and Asia. But, on the other hand, we wouldn't have these luxuries today if it wasn't for wanting to make ourselves better off, and these third world countries would be even poorer. So it's not unreasonable to be complaining about something you're unhappy about.

The saying goes that society is only a few hot meals away from anarchy. If we didn't complain about things and get our debt in order, we will be no better off than a third world country. Remember, Germany was carting around wheelbarrows of notes Zimbabwe style less than a hundred years ago. Now they're propping up the rest of Europe.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Ima Racing

Well Paul whinges constantly about the bedroom traders on here just think Paul they doin it from a bedroom not your big house with a serious amount of cash tied up in cars and bikes etc and no doubt you own the property! As Lee says some folks lives are the pits, be happy and stop the fooking complaining
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Porkie
not read the whole thread.... but don't you have an awesome house, awesome collection of cars and fantastic business that you own and have a genuine passion and interest in?

hate to see how upset you get when you aren't having an amazing life!

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

the figure I paid on tax last year is comical! and it was spent SOOOO badly in my opinion by the government... BUT I have a choice, as we all do. LEAVE if this countries so bad! (I might )

lifes soooo short and you get one crack at it folks!

GENUINELY meant this as a 'happy' post

we are all sooooo lucky sitting here is our warm houses on our computers freely saying what we want in total saftety etc etc!

life for many people is so horribly different!

Lee,

You are a nice guy and I having nothing but respect for you but you have no fucking idea what it is really like for the majority of people in this country.

I know your beginnings were modest but you are an an exception and very lucky to be in the position you are.

I have no decent cars anymore, wages cut, prices going up and struggle to pay the mortgage and have a new baby to support.
Its bad now and its going to get worse...so for me its hard to "be happy" sat in a warm house paying for heating at extortionate prices and bank charges for being "poor".
This month a choice I had to make was pay the energy and food bills or the mortgage....

Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
timster

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nichol4s
It's good you work those hours and get a decent wage but I don't get that opportunity and dare say others do on here.I think its relevant because if I was struggling i'd sell/downgrade my car/cars and other not come on a forum and bloody whinge about it then post pictures of some expensive motors.Life isn't fair sometimes you just got to get on with it as most people on here are with less assets.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to get the missus to move to Canada with me now
Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
Well Paul whinges constantly about the bedroom traders on here just think Paul they doin it from a bedroom not your big house with a serious amount of cash tied up in cars and bikes etc and no doubt you own the property! As Lee says some folks lives are the pits, be happy and stop the fooking complaining

Ok then , ill stop moaning and sit in my nice warm house where i can look through my conservatory window at all my cars in my warm garage

The main point of my post wasnt realy about me , it was how i feel sorry for the younger folk who have yet to try and get a house / nice cars etc

what chance have they got in the shitty country where we look after every other fucking countries cast offs before we look after our own