General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who are oakfields?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by carlo
Very intresting ! Stuart whyte that used to race with Andy gallacher , Steve scott etc has a black one as well he got it from a trader years ago used the inlet etc for his race car & put a standard inlet on it not sure what happened with the car im sure he might still have it the engine was out it last i heard.

I bought that car mate

The engine etc was put back in it only a few weeks ago
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

get pics up paul ! i totally forgot about that car till i saw this post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Thanks for correcting me Paul, Ive seen so many people refer to it as a caltex car I made the assumption it was intended as a replica.
Its not half arsed as a replica at all then, its zero arsed in that context obviously

Cool, I just said I would find it hard to picture who had a use for it that would justify the cost, but you obviously have exposed it to the right people that im not aware of, good luck with the sale

I dont have the talent for bodywork to build it solely by myself to that standard mate, and I wouldnt claim to either, all the mechanical stuff would be a piece of piss to me, but the bodywork wouldnt. Not sure where the internet warrior comment or jumped up comes from though, not the case at all, you wont ever see me threatening anyone etc

As Ive already said, I dont think the car is half arsed, I said it was half arsed if intended as a replica, but you have already cleared that up anyway, in saying its not even intended to be a replica anyway.

Just for chip
Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
To be fair there are a few people that say face to face he is quite a decent lad

Must just be the internet that brings out the total fucking wanker in him

to be fair he is a decent and very helpful lad in real life - its just his internet persona that gets fucking annoying at times
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Getting back on topic - there are some SERIOUS cars on that webiste ! Cool !!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

By definition a replica of anything is never an exact copy anyway, its a close approximation of the original, so how could it be a half arsed replica as the only thing Pauls not done is use original touring car suspension.

If it was claimed to be a facsimilie then again thats the only part thats not as per the originals, so even as a duplicate its very close, so again hardly half arsed.

It would take less than a day to swap out, and I know if Paul could have found any then it would be in place already.

He could not give a monkeys anyway, as he built it to his desired spec for himself at a standard even the race teams would struggle to produce. At the end of the day its sat in his garage along with a load of other lovely toys and I bet that gives him a warm feeling inside whenever he takes a peek at them.

Back to the original topic, I am more than happy with the car I purchased from Oakfields, and the price I paid. I have already been approached a few times with offers well over the purchase price even in the short space of time I have owned it.

Having spoken to people involved in the purchase of two other RS500s from Oakfields in the last year or so, the owners are equally as happy and could turn a profit if they wanted.

If anyone is seriously interested in any of the cars they have for sale just get on the phone and then get down there and talk with them, I sure you will come away with a deal you are happy with.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Paul i really admire the work gone into your car, the build and finish are very very good indeed and you should be proud of that. The thing for me is it was supposed to be built as a race car yes? Then it has a standard 3Dr rear beam on it, the last time i saw it the boost pipe to the turbo was split.

Your saying its built to a better spec than the original car, but the original car was a proven race car with all the parts to make it one. I think this is what Chip was trying to get at, he just had to do it in his own way that winds everyone up.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Nash
Paul i really admire the work gone into your car, the build and finish are very very good indeed and you should be proud of that. The thing for me is it was supposed to be built as a race car yes? Then it has a standard 3Dr rear beam on it, the last time i saw it the boost pipe to the turbo was split.

Your saying its built to a better spec than the original car, but the original car was a proven race car with all the parts to make it one. I think this is what Chip was trying to get at, he just had to do it in his own way that winds everyone up.
ERR It hasnt got a std rear beam mate , next time you see the car have a very very close look and you might just realise somthing

and it hasnt and never has had a split boost pipe on it , why on earth would ileave a split pipe on the car when i have aprox 7 sets of gen rs500 pipes on the shelf ,lol,

are you looking at the correct car

Last edited by Mr RS500; 10-12-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Fuck me i need a sleep after reading all that
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.classicdriver.de/uk/find/...&dealerid=1337
Old 10-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

ERR It hasnt got a std rear beam mate , next time you see the car have a very very close look and you might just realise somthing

and it hasnt and never has had a split boost pipe on it , why on earth would ileave a split pipe on the car when i have aprox 7 sets of gen rs500 pipes on the shelf ,lol,

are you looking at the correct car
Didn't look like it had been modded etc paul, I could not see any rose joints or see it being extended to make it to 9 degree let alone 6 etc. I have seen how Rouse modded the standard beam and yours doesnt look anything like this. Then things like standard ARB made me think it was standard, sorry if i am wrong Paul.

The pipe to the turbo had defo looked like it had a split in it at Cumbria Paul, my mate noticed it and pointed it out.

I said at the start of my post i wasnt slagging the car and think the work gone into it is amazing, but to say its better spec than a Caltex car seemed a bit odd to me.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Didn't look like it had been modded etc paul, I could not see any rose joints or see it being extended to make it to 9 degree let alone 6 etc. I have seen how Rouse modded the standard beam and yours doesnt look anything like this. Then things like standard ARB made me think it was standard, sorry if i am wrong Paul.

The pipe to the turbo had defo looked like it had a split in it at Cumbria Paul, my mate noticed it and pointed it out.

I said at the start of my post i wasnt slagging the car and think the work gone into it is amazing, but to say its better spec than a Caltex car seemed a bit odd to me.

well i can assure you that the pipe is 100% NOT split and its the pipe thats been on there from the start

regards the rear beam , next time you see the car have a look and if you still think its a std beam ask me to show you

Ps, There were many mant BTCC cars that were not fitted with rose jointed ajustable rear beams , but these were NOT std beams either

Last edited by Mr RS500; 10-12-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

What's been done to the beam Paul and any close up pictures. I not taking the piss or being funny would just like to see whats been modded, incase i can learn any thing from it.

Where we thought we saw the crack was on the rip on the turbo pipe. I am not sure if this is how they come out of the mould, can you see how we would think it might look like a split?

How much would a genuine Caltex car be if in original condition seeing as it had 2 wins under its belt?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

has it a 500 beam paul?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:26 PM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

Location: In the Karate Dojo , or updating the rs500 database
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All i will say is , it isnt on your piccs database , or in my files

I do know a little about the car but nothing concrete as there is no history file
Well ive file's on 35 of the 52 so could be a unknown here's hoping
Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 PM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

Originally Posted by PAUL S
it should prove interesting when it goes past 500 known cars bit like ac cobras, D type Jags and some Ferraris, there are more in existance now than left the factories I was told by a genuine cobra owner that there are 3 around the world all with the same chassis number

I guess in reality there were more like 600 plus RS500s if you count the race cars, which the RSOC dont officially recognise for some wierd reason.
Lol Karting said that a few years back made me laugh then , is odd that the club dont see the race cars a RS's but they make the rules i guess .

Last edited by DAB; 10-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

What's been done to the beam Paul and any close up pictures. I not taking the piss or being funny would just like to see whats been modded, incase i can learn any thing from it.

Where we thought we saw the crack was on the rip on the turbo pipe. I am not sure if this is how they come out of the mould, can you see how we would think it might look like a split?

How much would a genuine Caltex car be if in original condition seeing as it had 2 wins under its belt?

I dont have any piccs of the beam that show the mods , Best to look yourself anyway when you next see the car

Only piccs i have of pipes are these

Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Not sure why you think there is a split hose

Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Not sure if this picc shows the camber on the rear wheels or not

Old 10-12-2010, 05:59 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Paul was the one from stuart whyte a known car?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by carlo
Paul was the one from stuart whyte a known car?

Yes and no

Not known to the RSOC but known to me and Daz
Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Paul it looked like there was one near the rib of the 90 degree hose that goes to the turbo, looks different in the picture. Paul i am not in the game of making shite up to cause an arguement mate, i was sure i had seen it thats why i mentioned it sorry i was wrong.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Cool paul i seriously dont know why i never chased that car up sitting here thinking im a dick its in good hands now tho
Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Paul it looked like there was one near the rib of the 90 degree hose that goes to the turbo, looks different in the picture. Paul i am not in the game of making shite up to cause an arguement mate, i was sure i had seen it thats why i mentioned it sorry i was wrong.
If your talking about the metal ring ( thats coated in rubber ) round the middle of the hose then you may have not realised that this isnt fixed to the hose ,, well it is and isnt , they simply wiped a bit of sealer round it as an attempt to hold it in place but this sealer cracks and i think that is what you have seen

You can actually remove that ring from the hose if you wish and the hose is fine , Its there to try and stop the hose from sucking in under extreme loads

If you look at the piccs above i think you can see the sealer and also see some places where it has cracked , BTW , they arnt the hoses fitted to the Caltex car there bfitted to my old black 500

Last edited by Mr RS500; 10-12-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you think the car is Half arsed then please tell me IYO where i have gone wrong as i could do with a laugh

You torqued up those rear upper strut top bolts yet Paul?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

That's what i would have seen Paul, so you understand where i am coming from now. I didn't realise that this wasn't moulded into the hose.

I take it your beam is slotted then? I will have a look if you still have it next year Paul.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by cossie604
You torqued up those rear upper strut top bolts yet Paul?
No

I must do that before next summer , along with the air jacks that need connecting
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No

I must do that before next summer , along with the air jacks that need connecting

Damn half arsed northern monkey
Old 10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

That's what i would have seen Paul, so you understand where i am coming from now. I didn't realise that this wasn't moulded into the hose.

I take it your beam is slotted then? I will have a look if you still have it next year Paul.

Glad we got that sorted

the rear beam is modded where the arms mount to give extra camber and its also modded so that it bolts directly to the roll cage

It is also a gen RS500 item ( well it had to be didnt it )

A lot of private run cars run exactly the same rear beam , A cheaper option and also ( in some peoples opinion ) a better option rather than rose joints that can fail

I actually fitted the modded beam rather than a brand new stage 2 beam that i bought for the cars simply because IMO it was more of a " special " part and one that only those who knew what they were looking at would notice , and i dont mean that as a dig at you , But you will be suprised at the amount of folk who have noticed what it is and comment on the fact that they also feel its a nice touch
Old 10-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Paul I have never got underneath it for a proper look, I had only had a quick glance and didnt notice any extra bracing etc so thought it was a standard item. I take it the slots are horizontal on the inner points and vertical on the outers? Does this still have the bump steer problems due to it not changing from the standard 18 degree set up?, but then its alot better than standard as you can actually get the wheels where they should be.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Paul I have never got underneath it for a proper look, I had only had a quick glance and didnt notice any extra bracing etc so thought it was a standard item. I take it the slots are horizontal on the inner points and vertical on the outers? Does this still have the bump steer problems due to it not changing from the standard 18 degree set up?, but then its alot better than standard as you can actually get the wheels where they should be.
Cant answer mate as i have never driven it
Old 10-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Cant answer mate as i have never driven it
Did it feel more stable rolling off the trailer
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lost interest after a few pages of reading for the record i aint got the money to buy it if i came into some money i would though the build quality is amazing imo out of interest would people still feel the same way about it if it was a straight colour?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Did it feel more stable rolling off the trailer
You just wouldnt believe how much more posotive it is
Old 10-12-2010, 07:52 PM
pig
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

who gives a fuck about this and that,if my rs1800 goes i will be viewing the caltex rep.awesome motor
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pig
who gives a fuck about this and that,if my rs1800 goes i will be viewing the caltex rep.awesome motor
Look out Reading !

Would suit you nicely Paul
Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What makes it better spec'd than an actual BTCC RS500? And if so are we discounting the AVO dampers?

Genuine question so please don't rip my head off as I don't know the spec of the BTCC cars.

Last edited by OldDan; 10-12-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by OldDan
What makes it better spec'd than an actual BTCC RS500? And if so are we discounting the AVO dampers?

Genuine question so please don't rip my head off as I don't know the spec of the BTCC cars.

The AVO dampers went a long time ago mate

It now has 909 mag billys

I can only realy tell you a spec comparrison on a perticular car Dan as most of the BTCC cars differed in spec ,

To be honest im getting a bit board with trying to justify my car now

If anyone doesnt like the car or thinks im asking to much then i realy dont give a shit

Do your own homwork and you will find that the origonal BTCC cars were very basic ( even down to an austin morris fuel pump ) and yes they have better hubs than mine and bladed ARB"s that i could quite easily have fitted to my car , and maybee still will if i decide to keep it

I never intended on building a BTCC replica , I built a top notch 3 door race car and i get a lot of possotive comments other than one or 2 pricks on here who find they need to either fault the car or expect me to justify its asking price

Please try and build this car for less than 80 / 100k as you wont

Can we now please get back onto the topic of oakfields and if there is anyone else wants to try and pull mt car down either put up piccs and spec sheet of your better car or STFU

Last edited by Mr RS500; 11-12-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

Well put Paul ..
so this new moonstone 500 thats a unknown tell us more... "getting my coat" ,lol..