General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who are oakfields?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

We accept your apology.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I love the car.

But I find it Extraudinary that you turned a smidge under 50k offer down for it.

Poss Due to the fact that its racing ability does not really matter as anyone wanting it would not be racing it due to how mint it is

The fact that its not a genuine caltex car is surely a hinderance as it has no history or story attatched to it from the touring car era.

IMO the car being better spec that the caltax car still does not make it more desirable.

Im suprised you turned down 50K.

Personally if I had 50K burning a hole even though I think the car is top 5 all time greatest modified fords ever built I would not pay that for it.

I hope you get that though...

And no im not chips brother

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 08-12-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Paul may be a Yorkshire cunt, but if there's one thing he doesn't lack, it's conviction.

On a serious note. i had a very good look round pauls car at central day earlier this year, and i thought the attention to detail was superb. as far as race/track cars go, its one of the best 'home' built cars ive ever seen, and looks better built, than some 'genuine' race cars ive seen. not that im an expert, just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy

On a serious note. i had a very good look round pauls car at central day earlier this year, and i thought the attention to detail was superb. as far as race/track cars go, its one of the best 'home' built cars ive ever seen, and looks better built, than some 'genuine' race cars ive seen. not that im an expert, just my opinion.
Agreed, lovely prepared car, its a credit to the amount of time and effort he has put into it, in fact I can honestly say I havent ever seen ANYONE say otherwise, cant name a single person who doesnt like it and thats pretty rare with modified cars!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im sure you dont see where im coming from but for instance its not about to be a museum piece or one of the bonkers collection as its not the genuine caltex car...

Tell me im a wanker just my opinion
Old 08-12-2010, 05:54 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That turbo 2 is nice
Old 08-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Im sure you dont see where im coming from but for instance its not about to be a museum piece or one of the bonkers collection as its not the genuine caltex car...
Indeed, thats what I was saying about collectors, it doesnt seem very collectable as its just a homemade (to a high standard before someone jumps down my throat yet again for daring to be honest ) car with no heritage.

But if there is some crazy bloke in norway who wants to drift it round gatebil for example, then I guess its ideal for that and I personally would absolutely love to see it used for that, nothing better than seeing a really tidy car properly driven!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
I personally would absolutely love to see it used for that, nothing better than seeing a really tidy car properly driven!
Agreed sort of although I would not want to see it damaged!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I love the car.

But I find it Extraudinary that you turned a smidge under 50k offer down for it.

Poss Due to the fact that its racing ability does not really matter as anyone wanting it would not be racing it due to how mint it is

The fact that its not a genuine caltex car is surely a hinderance as it has no history or story attatched to it from the touring car era.

IMO the car being better spec that the caltax car still does not make it more desirable.

Im suprised you turned down 50K.

Personally if I had 50K burning a hole even though I think the car is top 5 all time greatest modified fords ever built I would not pay that for it.

I hope you get that though...

And no im not chips brother
Well the offer was made by a very very well know person in the cosworth scene and i know he has that kind of money to spend on a toy

Please also remember that your average Joe wouldnt pay 50k as that is what most people ( inc me ) paid for there house a few years ago so cant justify that kind of money , BUT anyone who wants a car to race of this cars build quality and spec knows that it CANT be built for anywhere near what i want for the car so in there eyes that car is infact very cheap

Im not even bothered about selling to be honest as i can start my new business without selling it so i may just remove it from the market and carry on showing the car and maybee even one day i may track it and show it isnt just a nice looking car but its built to go round a cicuit also

Last edited by Mr RS500; 08-12-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well if you do carry on showing it im sure you will see me druling over it again next year.

Amazing car but yes true I would have to remortgage to afford it
Old 08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Well if you do carry on showing it im sure you will see me druling over it again next year.

Amazing car but yes true I would have to remortgage to afford it
Exactly , so to you the car isnt worth 50 plus k , think about being a very wealthy businees man who wants this car tho

50 plus k is a steal
Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Im not even bothered about selling to be honest as i can start my new business without selling it
do that, you WILL regret selling it. if its not a must, and you dont need to sell it, why bother, after all the time, passion, and money you have invested in it.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Paul dont sell it mate.Its a mint looking car.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Evidently true mate, I clearly didnt make my original statement anywhere near idiotproof enough if people are taking it as an insult about the build quality or similar when it wasnt intended as any such thing.
Really are you really this arrogant or are metally inbalanced that render's you unable to comunicate with people in a normal fashion

Those race cars are exactly that though, ready to race as a developed package, which is the sort of thing that IMHO is therefore easier to sell as it has a purpose as a race car, which was what I said originally, the trouble with pauls is almost that its "too good to race" effectively.
there not ready to race tho chip ! i personally know of 3 500 race cars the have cost between 80k and 115k that have needed another 30k each to make them race ready as the old 500s were just brute force and luck rather than a well developed race car, i would sooner race a 50k car than a car that cost 2x as much ! the brooklyn car we run in a lot of people eyes was to nice to race bu it does and the owner drives the wheels off it people wan to race them , its not just cossie race cars either as e30 me evo race cars are fetchig the same value and replicas fetch 65000 euros so you are completely wrong and just because you have a high allmighty opinion it dont make you right
Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Jay_
Really are you really this arrogant or are metally inbalanced that render's you unable to comunicate with people in a normal fashion
Im neither of those things mate, not sure why that comment would lead you to think otherwise, I clearly didnt make my statement idiotproof enough if people took it the wrong way so I cant see a problem in me saying that I made a mistake from that point of view as it wasnt my intention to make it read like I thought the car was rubbish, I felt that in the context of the rest of my post that comment would be easy for others to understand but clearly it wasnt.

there not ready to race tho chip ! i personally know of 3 500 race cars the have cost between 80k and 115k that have needed another 30k each to make them race ready as the old 500s were just brute force and luck rather than a well developed race car, i would sooner race a 50k car than a car that cost 2x as much ! the brooklyn car we run in a lot of people eyes was to nice to race bu it does and the owner drives the wheels off it people wan to race them , its not just cossie race cars either as e30 me evo race cars are fetchig the same value and replicas fetch 65000 euros so you are completely wrong and just because you have a high allmighty opinion it dont make you right

Jay, I bow to your superior knowlege of the value of race cars mate, im sure its genuinely something you know a lot more about than me. I didnt realise they were changing hands for rs200 money once race prepped!

Last edited by Chip; 08-12-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by R4N S S
fuck me chip - you like to argue needlessly sometimes
doesn't he just !

Especially quoting 4 or 5 words at a time from someones reply

Can anyone confirm that Chip is this sad / annoying outside of internet life (albeit, he seems to spend most days on here)

Last edited by Westy; 08-12-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Westy
doesn't he just !

Especially quoting 4 or 5 words at a time from someones reply

Can anyone confirm that Chip is this sad / annoying outside of internet life (albeit, he seems to spend most days on here)
To be fair there are a few people that say face to face he is quite a decent lad

Must just be the internet that brings out the total fucking wanker in him
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Chips alright in real life, doesn't come over anything like he can on here but then we tend to talk about things we have a common interest in.

As for Pauls car, its a beauty but unlike a genuine car with History I can't see it being as much of a investment as one of the original btcc Sierras.

No doubt about it though, its beautifully put together.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

must be! As to be honest.. he is the most annoying c*nt on here EVER!

Sad really that someone cant recognise when they are wrong... take that shadrack garage he built He locked the thread when everyone started taking the piss Re-opened it after it survived a winter

and PLEAE Chip, DO NOT quote me FFS

Last edited by Westy; 08-12-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Chip

To be fair there are a few people that say face to face he is quite a decent lad
If anyone off here who has met me has disliked me they certainly havent hinted so to me TBH, seems to only be something people do from behind a keyboard.

Must just be the internet that brings out the total fucking wanker in him
I think its more a case of context being easier to misunderstand through the written word TBH, and its easier to focus on just one or two words like dan did in his first reply to me when its online as well, as you can emphasise them reading them when I wouldnt have done so saying them.
So if I had been saying the same thing to a group of people it would have been obvious from the tone of my voice how much I liked your car, Ive been back and re-read my post on here and genuinely cant see how anyone could read it and think "chip doesnt like pauls car" TBH, especially given that I used the term "i love it" but the internet seems to be a good tool for people to use when they actually WANT to be wound up
Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Chip

must be! As to be honest.. he is the most annoying c*nt on here EVER!
I seem to get called the most annoying cunt and the most useful person on here in fairly equal measures TBH mate, I dont take too much notice of either

Sad really that someone cant recognise when they are wrong...
Originally Posted by Chip in this very thread
Thanks for correcting me Paul
Its quite funny actually watching people like you talk about me, cause you are always SO far wide of the mark. I would hate to actually meet somone who is anything like you seem to think I am, but Im certainly nothing of the sort myself. I think that once you are on that hater bandwagon it must effect your eyesight or something and you just only read the bits you want to or something

take that shadrack garage he built
I didnt build it mate

He locked the thread when everyone started taking the piss
Thats not the case either, it was left open for ages and ages while people were taking the piss, it didnt bother me, the only time I locked it was when I was too busy in work to reply to it, which was after a good 10 pages or so of pisstaking from people too blind to notice the pillars etc who did seem to geuninely believe there was some sort of real risk of it falling down which I must admit I find quite amusing

Re-opened it after it survived a winter p
I reopened it as soon as I wasnt so busy in work again, if you go back and look at the time it was locked you'll see I was barely on here at the time.
No consipiracy and certainly not a case of me giving a monkeys about people taking the piss, I absolutely love our shitty shed, it gives me somewhere warm and spacious to work on my cars this winter, couldnt give a fuck what anyone else thinks about it!

and PLEAE Chip, DO NOT quote me FFS
Quoted down to the very last character in several blocks as you seem to desperately want attention from me or your wouldnt keep joining threads just to post about or to me I guess
Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
Chips alright in real life, doesn't come over anything like he can on here
I find it hard to see why people think there is any significant difference, I dont actually say anything on here I wouldnt in real life too, like I said must just come down to how people choose to read me that there are a few people on here who seem to take such exception to me.
Wether its on here or in real life im a bit of a stickler for facts, im very helpful to anyone wether I know them or not, Im keen to learn from others, Im keep to teach others, I enjoy having a laugh, im quite happy to be the butt of a joke and likewise under my "treat others how you want to be treated" approach to life Im quite happy to make others the butt of a joke too.
I really dont see the difference wether its typed or spoken TBH mate.

but then we tend to talk about things we have a common interest in.
You would have thought that would be the case on a car forum too

As for Pauls car, its a beauty but unlike a genuine car with History I can't see it being as much of a investment as one of the original btcc Sierras.
I guess if you were setting out to build a really high spec trackday rs500 you would already have excepted the fact you were going to lose some money, and arguably you will lose less starting with this than starting with a bare shell, especially if you needed to involve any labour bills along the way like some people would even if for me or you it would be minimal.

We all seem to agree on that one, and I bet Paul is actually loving hearing everyone keep say it, even me who's opinion he apparently doesnt care about
Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Chips alright in real life, doesn't come over anything like he can on here but then we tend to talk about things we have a common interest in.

The thing is tho , where did i or anyone else say its an investment ?

Its a race car nothing more nothing less

the thing i find quite funny is people saying its not got BTCC race history so not worth as much

Thats exactly why is circa 50k and not 150k

If the car was a gen BTCC car it defo would have been sold without even advertising it
Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Chip I have seen you waffle your way out of some holes but wow this is the best yet

I'm in the "it's too expensive" category but it's because I'm Scottish
Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Chip

the thing i find quite funny is people saying its not got BTCC race history so not worth as much

If the car was a gen BTCC car it defo would have been sold without even advertising it
Paul, I think many of us are understimating its value to someone who wants to race in an historic race series.

Ironically both me and jonnybravo would easily see the value in a 50K rally mk2 escort that doesnt have any heritage so it just shows a lack of understanding on our part what the real value of something like your car is, we're thinking of it as not a collectors piece, and not a good trackday car, but put in the context of historic touring cars etc, its probably very good value, but thats just something that neither of us know a great deal about the value of I suppose!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Chip I have seen you waffle your way out of some holes but wow this is the best yet

I'm in the "it's too expensive" category but it's because I'm Scottish
No , Its because you cant afford it and everything we cant afford we class as too expensive

I bet if you had a million in the bank and you wanted it then it wouldnt be too expensive
Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

I still can't work out how you multi quote !

Either way, yep you are a bit anal about facts but then I know tons of people who are inc myself if its a subject I know something about.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Yaaaaaaawn

Ill just put your boring personality to internet only Simon
Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Paul, I think many of us are understimating its value to someone who wants to race in an historic race series.

Ironically both me and jonnybravo would easily see the value in a 50K rally mk2 escort that doesnt have any heritage so it just shows a lack of understanding on our part what the real value of something like your car is, we're thinking of it as not a collectors piece, and not a good trackday car, but put in the context of historic touring cars etc, its probably very good value, but thats just something that neither of us know a great deal about the value of I suppose!
Chip

Like anything in life the only people who see the true value in a very expensive item is them that want such an item and know what it would cost to build / restore

Same as me with the Manx nortons , Im in the middle of buying another 2 and people would think i have lost the plot paying soooo much for a bike i will never race , but to them that know there worth every penny
Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

i for a long time used to think chip was an arrogant wanker, but over the years, came to realise, he isnt, he's actually very intelligent, and makes a lot of sense, most of the time, and he's funny as well. he is though, a cunt, there is no getting away from that. so my overall impression of him over the years, has gone from arrogant wanker, to intelligent cunt. but obviously i have never met simon in person, only chip on tinternet, although, i have a feeling, there one and the same
Old 08-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

No , Its because you cant afford it and everything we cant afford we class as too expensive

I bet if you had a million in the bank and you wanted it then it wouldnt be too expensive

Sorry Paul but I'm really not sure who you think you are to be deciding what MY finances are? Trust me I could buy that car if I wanted. Not that I need to justify anything!!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Chip

I still can't work out how you multi quote !

It does amuse me that people seem to think that "multi quoting" it somehow a big deal.

You just go a few lines in and write
[/quote]

then a reply to the bit above like this might be....
then
[quote]
to resume the next bit of the quote, takes literally a few seconds (well i guess it does if you are a computer programmer used to things like XML documents that all work in basically the same way so perhaps im taking it for granted a bit just cause of what my job is etc)

Either way, yep you are a bit anal about facts but then I know tons of people who are inc myself if its a subject I know something about.
Bearing in mind my two jobs currently are writing finance software that has to be conforming to all sorts of rules and regulations and needs to be very accurate etc, and writing for magazines that once someone hits "print" there are potentially 10s of thousands of copies churned out so you dont want to put something into print without being fairly sure its accurate, so I guess its hardly surprising im that sort of person TBH.

Im sure though that people think I spent ages writing out replies that have only actually taken me a few seconds, like when people say I have "spent all day on here" when im at work, I might have visited it every few minutes for a few seconds at a time as im flicking between the various windows I have open at work, but that doesnt actually constitute a big percentage of the day, I do actually manage to earn a living at the same time etc
Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Sorry Paul but I'm really not sure who you think you are to be deciding what MY finances are? Trust me I could buy that car if I wanted. Not that I need to justify anything!!!!!

Rag week is it
Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

i for a long time used to think chip was an arrogant wanker, but over the years, came to realise, he isnt, he's actually very intelligent, and makes a lot of sense, most of the time, and he's funny as well. he is though, a cunt, there is no getting away from that. so my overall impression of him over the years, has gone from arrogant wanker, to intelligent cunt. but obviously i have never met simon in person, only chip on tinternet, although, i have a feeling, there one and the same

Rather grudgingly I agree.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:41 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Maybe they haven't, thats just the impression I got.

How much did Martin Johnson ? I think thats the guy pay for some of the btcc Sierras he owns ? the Texaco livery one that was for sale a while back was 65k iirc

I know its not going to be as mint as yours, or atleast I wouldn't expect it to be as race cars never are but that would be a good investment in my eyes as if your going to buy a car and leave it parked up its seems a little pointless if its just going to depreciate.

Its worth what someone wants to pay for it I guess
Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Rag week is it

Not at all mate I'm always a crabby cunt.

However I get a little pissed at people judging my finances. Come on you can see that I'm sure. It is a bit of an arrogant thing to say really.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Rick74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wether this stunner has history or not its one hell of a car for the money,If you like it for what it is,can afford it,buy it.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Are you at work still then Chip....? And I thought I do long hours!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Chip

i for a long time used to think chip was an arrogant wanker, but over the years, came to realise, he isnt
It always amazes me when people say im arrogant, its just so far from the truth its unreal, Im always keen to learn from others who know more than me about various subjects and thats not the actions of someone who is arrogant at all IMHO

he's actually very intelligent, and makes a lot of sense, most of the time, and he's funny as well. he is though, a cunt, there is no getting away from that. so my overall impression of him over the years, has gone from arrogant wanker, to intelligent cunt. but obviously i have never met simon in person, only chip on tinternet, although, i have a feeling, there one and the same
As I already mentioned above mate, really no difference that I can see between me on here or off here so it seems strange that I get reactions online that I have never got in real life.
I guess the only difference is that through a combination of being a lot faster typer than most people, and spending a lot more time at work in front of a PC than most people, on here it means that my viewpoint comes across a bigger percentage of the time than it would in a conversation down the pub where everyone has equal time to chat etc.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Not at all mate I'm always a crabby cunt.

However I get a little pissed at people judging my finances. Come on you can see that I'm sure. It is a bit of an arrogant thing to say really.

Shut it you tight scotts cunt

People Judge my finances all the time and say im loaded when i am not , who gives a shit what people think

Plus it was a genralisation rather that a personal dig at you , you skint fucker

Ps, Pick the spelling mistakes out of that lot, lol

Last edited by Mr RS500; 08-12-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Who are oakfields?