General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

"Grassing" people up,opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Tabetha, drink driving is a pretty serious crime IMHO if its properly over the limit (ie pissed rather than just over the limit)
However your example of the girl killed in essex, I doubt her parents would come to terms with her being killed if she had a payout or not, insurance doesnt stop people being killed, not saying I think its right people not declaring mods or driving without insurance but I wouldnt bother to poke my nose in on that, but I would on drink driving if someone I knew was doing it reguarly, I would have a word myself first saying I thought it was out of order, if they took no notice and still did it then I would report them for it rather than have it on my conscience if they carried on and killed someone which is relatively likely.

Last edited by Chip; 28-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 28-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tabetha you really do talk some shit - Get a life and chill winston
Old 28-11-2010, 04:19 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its to do with kiddie fiddling or kids murder, or rape, then yes, but anything else is a strict no no!! Personally i think grasses are SCUM and have seen some not very nice stuff in prison when i was younger due to grassing.
Old 28-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2john
Aye they were so called mates at the time. There was 5 of us out one day up at hazelhead park havin a kick about when these 2 half wits decided to go and rob the caravan site shop for the huge sum of Ł18.
They then came back and told us what they had done. Anyway police everywhere and everyone got chased and lifted apart from me as I was a bit too fast for the fuckers to catch. Anyway by the time I got home the police had already been at my house.
So I handed myself in with my solicitor at the time and said nowt and it turned out they had tried to blame it all on me saying it was all my idea and my knife etc etc so I got charged.
As for repurcutions yes there was. I was labelled as a grass and the two fuckers that actually did it jumped me and bottled me. Got the fuckers back one by one and I still see one of them going about from time to time and he doesn't even look my way.
He knows what's good for his health I suppose
What were they armed with though?! Oh, knife?

Glad you stood your ground and saw your revenge

Originally Posted by milesy
If its to do with kiddie fiddling or kids murder, or rape, then yes, but anything else is a strict no no!! Personally i think grasses are SCUM and have seen some not very nice stuff in prison when i was younger due to grassing.

So you were in prison? Then you are fucking SCUM of some form!
Old 28-11-2010, 06:16 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by Lambchop
What were they armed with though?! Oh, knife?

Glad you stood your ground and saw your revenge

So you were in prison? Then you are fucking SCUM of some form!
Ummm maybe i was a bit of a naughty boy but scum is a bit harsh, but i have never hurt kids or raped or murdered anyone, so you telling me you have never done anything wrong in your life?
Old 28-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

It all depends what it is and who is affected.

I've 'grassed' on someone over the mistreatment of a dog, and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Old 28-11-2010, 06:29 PM
nichol4s
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

So your house gets robbed young chav knows who did it obviously you wouldn't want him to "grass" ey? Because he didn't rape murder ect??!!
Old 28-11-2010, 06:32 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by nichol4s
So your house gets robbed young chav knows who did it obviously you wouldn't want him to "grass" ey? Because he didn't rape murder ect??!!
I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours, no personally i wouldnt i would give him a good hiding and dish out my own "justice" as the courts dont seem to be able to do it
Old 28-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Ummm maybe i was a bit of a naughty boy but scum is a bit harsh, but i have never hurt kids or raped or murdered anyone, so you telling me you have never done anything wrong in your life?

Not really. Scum bags go to prison for a reason.

You're quite correct that I've never done anything in life to justify a prison sentence.
Old 28-11-2010, 06:38 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Considering i dont know you and you me i think you are out of order saying that, and what you actually mean is you have never been caught which is a big difference, so you have never heard of miscarriages of justice and people getting locked up for non payment of fines, council tax etc etc they are all scumbags then are they???????
Old 28-11-2010, 06:53 PM
toff
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ill put my hands up and say am scum for doing time
Old 28-11-2010, 07:02 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by toff
ill put my hands up and say am scum for doing time
I dont think doing time makes you scum we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect, some are scum depends what you were in for i suppose
Old 28-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Not really. Scum bags go to prison for a reason.

You're quite correct that I've never been caught doing anything in life to justify a prison sentence.
Old 28-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I dont think doing time makes you scum we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect, some are scum depends what you were in for i suppose
People are sent down for a reason and that reason is breaking the law, simple as. I've never heard of anyone doing time for having an offensive face FFS!
Old 28-11-2010, 07:11 PM
nichol4s

I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours, no personally i wouldnt i would give him a good hiding and dish out my own "justice" as the courts dont seem to be able to do it
So then he tells the old bill on you! You get lifted for beating a chav (who's actually 15 years old) before ya kno you in the showers again picking soap up!!! Then who's the scum?

But back to the topic it all depends what and who ya grass on!! Petty things like dropping rubbish in next doors bin or claiming benefits that I'm payin towards?!
Old 28-11-2010, 07:15 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering i dont know you and you me i think you are out of order saying that, and what you actually mean is you have never been caught which is a big difference, so you have never heard of miscarriages of justice and people getting locked up for non payment of fines, council tax etc etc they are all scumbags then are they???????
Ignore him mate, hes a fucking idiot, for all he knows you could have been on remand yet hes so quick to brand you "scum". Just ignore him
Old 28-11-2010, 07:16 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

Not meaning to be a cock here but chop you not been in the wrong place at the wrong time bud?

That's all it takes for you to end up with a number rather than a name.

As said you don't need to be a scumbag to end up locked up. I admit I've been locked up for being fucking stupid when I was younger but I met quite a few people that just shouldn't have been in that position.

And I've sat in court when pedos and bag snatchers have gotten away with a slap on the wrist. It's the so called justice system in this country that is all wrong.
I'm not saying I should have got off but they need to prioritise as this county is going all too fuck
Old 28-11-2010, 07:18 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by twoblacklines
Ignore him mate, hes a fucking idiot, for all he knows you could have been on remand yet hes so quick to brand you "scum". Just ignore him
Thanks m8, i sort of got the feeling he was a bit of a knob, either that or a wind up merchant.
Old 28-11-2010, 07:21 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

So then he tells the old bill on you! You get lifted for beating a chav (who's actually 15 years old) before ya kno you in the showers again picking soap up!!! Then who's the scum?

But back to the topic it all depends what and who ya grass on!! Petty things like dropping rubbish in next doors bin or claiming benefits that I'm payin towards?!
We all have our own opinions on it m8, and i wouldnt get caught
Old 28-11-2010, 07:23 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Not meaning to be a cock here but chop you not been in the wrong place at the wrong time bud?

That's all it takes for you to end up with a number rather than a name.

As said you don't need to be a scumbag to end up locked up. I admit I've been locked up for being fucking stupid when I was younger but I met quite a few people that just shouldn't have been in that position.

And I've sat in court when pedos and bag snatchers have gotten away with a slap on the wrist. It's the so called justice system in this country that is all wrong.
I'm not saying I should have got off but they need to prioritise as this county is going all too fuck
Absolutly spot on
Old 28-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I admit I've been locked up for being fucking stupid
That sort of makes your argument void fella...
Old 28-11-2010, 07:30 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by Mal.
People are sent down for a reason and that reason is breaking the law, simple as. I've never heard of anyone doing time for having an offensive face FFS!
So a miscarriage of justice or non payment for council tax or fines or being on remand for something and getting a "not guilty" makes you a scumbag!!! Absolute rubbish
Old 28-11-2010, 07:32 PM
nichol4s

We all have our own opinions on it m8, and i wouldnt get caught
AGAIN?

I'll admit in my youth I was too a "SCUM BAG" but that's the past I copped for 12 months MCTC had community service curfew.. If that makes a scumbag I've arrived!! Thing is I was cought fair cop deal with it move on! I'm not a benefit thief junkie, Car theif, burglar, pedo, rapist or murderer... I was young dumb and full of cum.. I've now grown up
Old 28-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

So a miscarriage of justice or non payment for council tax or fines or being on remand for something and getting a "not guilty" makes you a scumbag!!! Absolute rubbish
If it's proved to be a miscarriage of justice then you can clear your name and SUE! Being on remand and getting a 'not guilty' is just that, NOT FUCKING GUILTY. What's your point exactly?

If you get sent down for a proven crime, whatever it may be, then it's tough luck. The majority of the population of this country seem to get along fine without serving time, funny that innit!!
Old 28-11-2010, 07:39 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It's where you draw the line that counts. Grassing is some circumstances surely 'has' to be ok - say you found some pics on a colleague's camera that suggested he had been kiddy fiddling. Would you keep quiet about that??

But spending your time searching through eBay listings to grass up people for not declaring their engine is way past what I'd consider 'normal'.

I can't actually think of a situation where I have actually grassed, but in the right circumstances I wouldn't think twice about it.
Old 28-11-2010, 07:43 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

If it's proved to be a miscarriage of justice then you can clear your name and SUE! Being on remand and getting a 'not guilty' is just that, NOT FUCKING GUILTY. What's your point exactly?

If you get sent down for a proven crime, whatever it may be, then it's tough luck. The majority of the population of this country seem to get along fine without serving time, funny that innit!!
My point is not everyone that goes to prison is a scumbag!!! yes true the majority of the people in the country get along fine without going to prison, but there are alot of people that make mistakes go to prison then come out and turn there lives around and are not "scum" its small minded people like you and lambchop that dont and wont give people a 2nd chance not everyone should be tarred with the same brush

Last edited by milesy23rst; 28-11-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added some more
Old 28-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

My point is not everyone that goes to prison is a scumbag!!! yes true the majority dont go to prison, but there are alot of people that make mistakes go to prison then come out and turn there lives around and are not "scum" its small minded people like you and lambchop that dont and wont give people a 2nd chance not everyone should be tarred with the same brush
You've nothing to prove to me, only to yourself! What I'm saying is people don't get sent down for non-crimes... You do the crime, serve the time, shut the fuck up and get on with it. End of.

Don't expect people to pat you on the back and wish you well just because you ain't been sent down again. Like I said, the majority of this population manages to get by in life without serving time, so just because you've 'turned your life around' don't make you anything fucking special!
Old 28-11-2010, 07:59 PM
nichol4s

You've nothing to prove to me, only to yourself! What I'm saying is people don't get sent down for non-crimes... You do the crime, serve the time, shut the fuck up and get on with it. End of.

Don't expect people to pat you on the back and wish you well just because you ain't been sent down again. Like I said, the majority of this population manages to get by in life without serving time, so just because you've 'turned your life around' don't make you anything fucking special!
The fact that he has turned it round is better than most!! Alot of people who serve time end up doing more!!
Old 28-11-2010, 08:03 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

I am not arguing with you, all i have said is that all people that go to prison are not scum!! you are the one thats getting on your high horse about it, and why are you turning it around on me?? "you've" turned your life around and pat "you" on the back i was talking about something that happened in my early 20's so nearly 20 years ago, so just get back to the original question by vaughnt thanks
Old 28-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

The fact that he has turned it round is better than most!!
Whoopee fucking doo!

I am not arguing with you, all i have said is that all people that go to prison are not scum!! you are the one thats getting on your high horse about it, and why are you turning it around on me?? "you've" turned your life around and pat "you" on the back i was talking about something that happened in my early 20's so nearly 20 years ago, so just get back to the original question by vaughnt thanks
There's two sides to every argument, I was merely taking the other side to you!
Old 28-11-2010, 08:11 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Thumbs up

Whoopee fucking doo!

There's two sides to every argument, I was merely taking the other side to you!
I agree there is just dont agree with the fact he said about people being in prison are scum, good to have a discussion that doesnt end up in a full scale slanging match lol
Old 28-11-2010, 08:15 PM
nichol4s

Mal your not a Jehovah's Witnesses are you?
Old 28-11-2010, 08:17 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

*vaughan sings like a bird*

Cheers,
Grant
Old 28-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

No I've never been caught doinganything I shouldn't. I'm either really clever or really good haha!

Originally Posted by twoblacklines
I'd rather be an idiot than a paedo in a passat

As above, not yet mate
Old 28-11-2010, 08:32 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Getting back to the original question. I would say 95% of u's would do what we thought was right and if that makes u's a grass then so be it.

None of you will ever know until you are in a situation like that and have 2 choices. Tell the truth or go to jail.

Wouldn't be me again that's for sure and I don't care what anyone thinks of me for it.
Old 28-11-2010, 08:34 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

got done for beating up a bully who was kicking several shades of shit out of my brother at school
so i promptly beat several shades of shit out of him
5 months later i got a knock on the door from the old bill and got hauled up before the courts etc and got done for it
as i was a minor (15 at the time) and the other kid was a minor (12) and my brother was deffo a minor (9) they done me for abh and him for nothing
i'd do the same again, and have done so under different circumstances, but i'd be very careful to be on cctv when the allegedly acts were commited somewhere very public

as for grassing people up, i wouldn't be posting it up that's for sure
Old 28-11-2010, 08:39 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

as for grassing people up, i wouldn't be posting it up that's for sure [/QUOTE]

So what your saying dojj is you have done but you haven't got the balls to be a real man and admit to it. !!!!!!!!

No wonder no one believes you've got a bently. Lol
Old 28-11-2010, 08:49 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Never been to prison myself but been locked up once,got a record for it and sailed very close to the wind a few times being genuinely lucky not to get caught,various things,some motoring,some violence,some I'd rather not go into (nothing too serious,more embarrassing!!!).
I know of many people who've been to prison and had their lives ruined when literally they've been wrong place wrong time,the name of the book escapes me now but its about a Pompey fan who got locked up in France '98 for 6 months after being knocked unconscious by the French police,ruined his life and he'd done nothing wrong.

Good mate of mine knocked a pisshead over,ok it was tragic but there was no speeding involved,car was 100% legal etc.the boy was charged with dangerous driving but what he didn't know was the lad he killed,his parents were best friends with the editor of the local rag who took it upon himself to basically look into every aspect of this boys life,painting him out to be a career criminal who was some sort of crazed petrolhead who searched the streets looking for illegal street racing.

What he actually was,was an intelligent young man who was on the brink of taking a law degree as he'd excelled at a level.he,like the majority of us liked his quick cars and probably preferred going for a spin on a Saturday night than getting into fights and spewing up at the end of a night out.

The paper made out that he'd deliberately gone out that night looking to get a "street race" in his highly modified car,a nova with a 2.0l 8v engine in it,big wow!!!

He never once denied he'd knocked him over,he stayed at the scene for the police to arrive and iirc even attempted to use life saving techniques on him.

In the end the local rag had a petition with over 40000 signatures on it which effectively ruled out driving through town ever again,not a bad thing but that doesn't go unnoticed when your in court.

He got two years,can never become a lawyer,going to realistically struggle to get a good job ever again.

Ask yourself this,some Dolescum wino with no fixed abode gets run over?probably wouldn't even bother going to court over it.

Chop,your not a dull boy by any stretch of the imagination but if you believe the British justice system never makes an error,you're seriously mistaken.
Old 28-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

*vaughantanory*

Old 28-11-2010, 08:56 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RS Grant
*vaughan sings like a bird*

Cheers,
Grant

I'm watching you!!!

Quick Reply: "Grassing" people up,opinions please?