General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Did my first scatter last night

Search this Thread

Old 17-11-2010, 06:42 AM
alistairolsen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Did my first scatter last night

Since I got back on the road I've been getting involved in some budget motorsport through Scottish Sporting Car Club and Glasgow University Motorsports Club.

First of all was an autotest on Saturday, trying to look after tyres and with no handbrake I made midfield so I'm really looking forward to the next one on December 4th to try and improve on that!

Last night was a Scatter rally West of Stirling. Sadly my car wasnt ready so I headed up anyway, map in hand in the hope of a nav/passenger spot. I was offered a passenger ride in a mondeo before being asked to nav in a 106gti.

First off I have to say I was in awe of the car. Spax adjustables, eibach springs, kumho Ku31s and mintex 1144s all round and a driver with a degree of commitment not seen often!

Had a fantastic run of some really good roads in the area from fintry to anrpior, dalmary, aberfoyle, port of menteith and then south again to reach the finish at 2130 on the dot.

In hindsight we went for the faraway high pointers which was probably an error, we only got 6 clues (15 to count) but the driving more than made up for the result!

All in all, cant recommend it enough, go and give it a try if backroads are your thing!
Old 17-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Icurus
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these roads closed to the public whilst this is on?