General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My Husky Just Watched The Film '8 Below'

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Husky Just Watched The Film '8 Below'

Kids put it on as they have never seen it before, once kyla heard them barking, that was it, she sat i the chair, and watched the whole film

Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awww bless
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

quality mate ,

me and the missus watched it the other day , brill movie
Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 PM
bamba
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i got a lump in throat watching it.Ive got an alaskan malamute.

p.s. your dogs lovely.#=

cheers glyn
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 PM
tomoyb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

great film
Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 PM
sheeks
Regular Contributor

cool dog mate . my bro has a malumite, crazy dog and acunt off the lead lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

great dogs and great film but got to admit to feeling well emotional watching it. Love the first pic
Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by sheeks
cool dog mate . my bro has a malumite, crazy dog and acunt off the lead lol.
Kyla's crazy mate, far to much energy, and tbh, ive never let her off the lead, i doubt very much, she would come back. she goes mental in the house and garden from time to time, and just runs, and runs, and runs, there's no stopping her, you just have to get out of her way, and leave her to it, till she's had enough
Old 04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Cosworth Lad

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi mate heres my akita looks just like yours this was about when he was 6 weeks.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Cosworth Lad; 04-11-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Cosworth Lad

Default akita pup

Hi mate this my akita at 6 weeks looks just like your new puppy.[/IMG]

Last edited by Cosworth Lad; 04-11-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by MOHAMMED
Hi mate heres my akita looks just like yours this was about when he was 6 weeks.[IMG][/IMG]
it does actually look like oki mohammed. when you posted the pic of yours the other day and said it was similar to oki when she was pup, looking at the pic, if im being honest, i couldnt really see the similarity, but looking at that pic, i can see it

Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Fiddy you have a lovely dog. She is well nice. She has been through some hard times but she must be happy now.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Cosworth Lad

As your dog grows it will change colours and my akita only started to mature now at 17 months.They do grow fast by the time shes 5 months she will be bigger then your kyla.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awwwwwww What a little darlin!!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Fiddy you have a lovely dog. She is well nice. She has been through some hard times but she must be happy now.
aye mate, she's like a different dog now. doesnt even look the same. she was like a skinny rat when i got her. had to the vets last week for her injection booster, flea prgramme, and a check up. and the vet said she is pretty much the perfect weight for her age and size, which im really happy about, because when i got her, she was really underweight, and didnt have much fur.

The day i got her

Now

its amazing how they can change in 3 months, with proper food and excercise.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

As your dog grows it will change colours and my akita only started to mature now at 17 months.They do grow fast by the time shes 5 months she will be bigger then your kyla.
kyla's attitude will soon change then. she is the 'boss' at the minute, when they play fight, there is only one winner, but give oki her due, she isnt intimidated, and wont back down, just kylas to big. so in 3 months, kyla will have her hands full then lol
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

beautiful dogs - love em.

my mate has a japanese akita - fookin massive but a big softy at heart. Only thing is when he barks he's about to kill something
Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nice man. Notorious P.I.G watches all kinds of telly. Loves "Gary" on Celebrity Juice and wimpers and grunts at the TV. Can't get enough of nature programes and was watching Babe 2 on sunday...fuckin' weird.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
Nice man. Notorious P.I.G watches all kinds of telly. Loves "Gary" on Celebrity Juice and wimpers and grunts at the TV. Can't get enough of nature programes and was watching Babe 2 on sunday...fuckin' weird.

piggy smalls and gary, they would make some beautifull pups, shiiiiiiiiiting, bang tidy
Old 05-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by R4N S S
beautiful dogs - love em.

my mate has a japanese akita - fookin massive but a big softy at heart. Only thing is when he barks he's about to kill something
aye ran, i took oki down the town with me the other day, didnt wanna leave her in the house, as she is screaming the house down on a night, and my neighbours have already pulled me about it, so i thought i ll take her with me (bad idea like, every fooker stopped me). went in the bank, woman behind the counter gave it all the 'awwwwwww, isnt it beautifull, what is it ?' i said, 'japanese akita', she looked horrified, and was like 'oh, arnt they vicious ?', looked like id just shit in her cornflakes.

i can unerstand why people get intimidated by akitas, they are huge dogs, and do look very aggresive. but a close mate of mine and his missus have one, she is a beast, and she is a big soft shite. they have 4 kids, like we do, and she loves there kids to bits. there akita is one of the main reasons wor lass bought oki, because she has seen how mika is with our freinds kids.

funny enough, ive just seen one of mikas litter from last year, about half an hour ago when i was walking kyla. its just one year old, october iirc, its a male, called tank, and mate, i swear, its the biggest akita ive ever seen, a year old, and he's over 11 stone, looks like a monster, but he's a big soft shite aswel
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Cosworth Lad

Originally Posted by Fiddy
aye ran, i took oki down the town with me the other day, didnt wanna leave her in the house, as she is screaming the house down on a night, and my neighbours have already pulled me about it, so i thought i ll take her with me (bad idea like, every fooker stopped me). went in the bank, woman behind the counter gave it all the 'awwwwwww, isnt it beautifull, what is it ?' i said, 'japanese akita', she looked horrified, and was like 'oh, arnt they vicious ?', looked like id just shit in her cornflakes.

i can unerstand why people get intimidated by akitas, they are huge dogs, and do look very aggresive. but a close mate of mine and his missus have one, she is a beast, and she is a big soft shite. they have 4 kids, like we do, and she loves there kids to bits. there akita is one of the main reasons wor lass bought oki, because she has seen how mika is with our freinds kids.

funny enough, ive just seen one of mikas litter from last year, about half an hour ago when i was walking kyla. its just one year old, october iirc, its a male, called tank, and mate, i swear, its the biggest akita ive ever seen, a year old, and he's over 11 stone, looks like a monster, but he's a big soft shite aswel
Na mate they aint all soft my ones just maturing and getting protective at the mo.He hates othere dogs and recentley people and yeah when he barks his going to kill someone and they dont bark very often when they do its for a reason.Is yours jap or american?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Na mate they aint all soft my ones just maturing and getting protective at the mo.He hates othere dogs and recentley people and yeah when he barks his going to kill someone and they dont bark very often when they do its for a reason.Is yours jap or american?
Jap mate
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

got it on dvd but watched it again, great film!!!

Our Mally Max was laid out on the floor and couldnt give a shit it was on, grumpy bastards
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Cosworth Lad

Same as mine.See the americans are shorter in hight as my mates got 1 hes 3 years old and shorter then mine about 4to6 inches and the americans got more aggresion were as the japs are more calm.Is kyla scared of the fireworks mines gone hiding?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Same as mine.See the americans are shorter in hight as my mates got 1 hes 3 years old and shorter then mine about 4to6 inches and the americans got more aggresion were as the japs are more calm.Is kyla scared of the fireworks mines gone hiding?
she's not to bad tbh fella, at first she was looking out of the window, but now she's just laid on the living room floor. wor lass has got the tv blairing like, so cant really hear the fireworks anyway
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Cosworth Lad

My gates about 4 foot high check this fella.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Thats my rotti heart breaking but had to give him away yesterday becouse couldent look after the 2 had him since 5 weeks old.

Last edited by Cosworth Lad; 05-11-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

he's a big boy mate. shame about the rotty. nice dogs, my cousin breeds them, he's got a litter at the minute actually.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Cosworth Lad

Originally Posted by Fiddy
he's a big boy mate. shame about the rotty. nice dogs, my cousin breeds them, he's got a litter at the minute actually.
Yeah iv had 4 rottis and 3 shepereds in the past.The only reason i gave him becouse just couldent cope with the 2.My kids dident want to give the akita away so had to be the rotti and it was easier becouse he was only 7 months old so still a pup.Miss him though so does the akita lol.1 thing though ive had a fullygrown rotti they pull you out when you take them out you have to drag them back home.were as the akita does the write opposite.THERE WORKING DOGS.

Last edited by Cosworth Lad; 05-11-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

our max.....

Old 06-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Max is gorrrrrrrrrrrrgeous!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Just got back from USA, my girlfriend has a female husky, lovely little pooch, a bit snappy tho. Took some getting used to as i got a rott and im normally rough with him hes very tolerant but when playing with the husky she really didnt feel comfortable so i had to adjust.

I love the way they do that long growl/moany noise when they want something, every morning she'd be in our bedroom doing it coz she wants someone to let her out. She was very chraming.

this is her while we chilled in the living room

Only problem i found was the fur EVERYWHEEEEERE. lol

Last edited by cheeky dog; 06-11-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Maria.
Max is gorrrrrrrrrrrrgeous!

and still waiting for his auntie M to come visit him

Dont get me started on fur!!!! This was from a 5min brush

Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Mark RS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

lovely dog mate
Old 06-11-2010, 06:48 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Awsome film that, true story too. My dogs went nuts when we watch, and that Snow Dogs with Cuba Gooding Jr.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mark RS
lovely dog mate

Cheers mate, we originally took him on temporarily as a rescue as if they couldnt home him he would have been put down

His previous owner had let him off the lead near a lake and aparently he had killed a swan, and was taken in by a mally rescue centre but cos of his ages etc would have been hard to re-home him!!

We were shocked by the state of him when we got him!! had to wash him a few times as each time the water was still dirty, then spent a few days brushing him just to get all the dead fur out of him.
Then had to sort his temprement out and get him in line as he had alot of bad habbits, added to that the poor bugger had mange and ended up scratching out loads of fur and chewing off the fur from his tail!!

We've had him about 3yrs now and he's a lovely dog bar his howling at nite when he's got the hump or winding us up but would never trust him off the lead, and its a fookin pain in the arse when trying to walk him with our other dog maddie as shes strong as fuck too!! (staff/mastiff)