General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

halal meat slaughter

Search this Thread

Old 16-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ermm, weather maybe???? they literally stick to the vans
Old 16-10-2010, 02:00 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by lead_foot
Southall are the only Mcdonalds in the UK serving Halal meat. It's a trial that started in 2007.

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/q...alal#question1
so isn't it a bit naughty for a company to say that non of their resteraunts provide halal meat then...?
Old 16-10-2010, 02:02 PM
FredElliot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Weather?

What the chuff has the weather got to do with transporting a live pig?

Of the many times Ive seen pigs being transported, I have never seen a slurry of melted ice and pig shit flowing out the back of the wagon.

I will go so far as to agree with you on the excess red meat being a possible cause of heart disease and bowel/colon cancer, but live pigs being frozen to the back of a wagon and being cut out alive, I shall leave to your Linda McCartney esque fantasies.

Last edited by FredElliot; 16-10-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:02 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
ermm, weather maybe???? they literally stick to the vans
right so an animal has been living in a field or in a battery type set up, time comes to take them to get slaughtered and they spend big money on either transporting them on ice which makes no sense or using a refridgerated trailer that operates so cold it freezes the animals to it? To then spend more time hacking off the legs and cos they'll have no legs they'll then need to spend more time and effort actually getting them into the holding area before killing them? I think you'll find that wouldnt happen tbh!
Old 16-10-2010, 02:04 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
so isn't it a bit naughty for a company to say that non of their resteraunts provide halal meat then...?
Unless it's a franchise mate? Then i suppose they could say that, maybe?
Old 16-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they dont live in a field, they 'live' packed on each other. When on the wagon, in winter temperatures drop so the metal of the wagon literally freezes. Its not THAT hard to understand.

and yes mate it happens
Old 16-10-2010, 02:19 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they dont live in a field, they 'live' packed on each other. When on the wagon, in winter temperatures drop so the metal of the wagon literally freezes. Its not THAT hard to understand.

and yes mate it happens
so the wagons there moved in are all steel construction with no wood? Like the ones that are used to move livestock?
Old 16-10-2010, 02:27 PM
FredElliot

Would you actually believe that there is researh and reports into the temperatures that pigs experience when being transported in a truck.

I wouldnt have, until I just found it here:

http://www.thepigsite.com/articles/3...western-canada

Now this is research from Canada - where it gets just slightly colder than the UK from time to time.

Id be interested to read about examples of the pigs freezing their trotters to the floor of a truck, as quite frankly, I think its just a BS story made up by a vegan somewhere on the planet to try and convert the barbaric meat eaters among us. A story that you seem to believe.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

pmsl! things happen behind the curtains mate. Just read the book 'skinny bitch'. thats all from me
Old 16-10-2010, 02:58 PM
FredElliot

You mean the book thats supposed to be a diet guide, but has been lambasted by critics for being nothing more than a propaganda leaflet for veganism?

Ill give it a miss thanks.
Old 16-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

quotes from men that actually worked in slaughterhouses
Old 16-10-2010, 03:10 PM
FredElliot

And then paraphrased by two vegans wanting to sell their book, and then their own range of products based upon said book.
Old 16-10-2010, 03:12 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Where does this company say that? Or are you on about the bullshit that the daily mail prints?
Old 16-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

pmsl! things happen behind the curtains mate. Just read the book 'skinny bitch'. thats all from me
quotes from men that actually worked in slaughterhouses

Erm thought you were done?
Old 16-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

ryan 3 if its so bad for humans to eat meat then why do we have pointy teeth and a digestive system designed to eat it?? explain the biology of that then.......
Old 16-10-2010, 04:13 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

laugh as you like mate but ure still a thick c*&^t
Says the one saying pigs freeze to lorries and eating meat causes cancer. You're just the type of vegetarian I hate, the type that tries to push their beliefs onto no-veggi's.

How about some proof behind your jackanory stories, as apparently you're not a thick cunt?
Old 16-10-2010, 04:30 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by lead_foot
Where does this company say that? Or are you on about the bullshit that the daily mail prints?
the link that was posted had a list of places and macdonalds are listed as not selling halal meat at any of their shops even though they do so at at least one in southall

so either they are lieing or the person doing the reserch didn't do it well
Old 16-10-2010, 04:31 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fuck me, just watched that video.

Horrified, the video looking directly at the cows face as he slits its throat, the poor fucker.

Christ, never wanted to see that, unbelievable.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:33 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
ryan 3 if its so bad for humans to eat meat then why do we have pointy teeth and a digestive system designed to eat it?? explain the biology of that then.......
we are omnivores mate, we have 4 upper/lower insicors to cut meat, 4 canines to grip flesh to tear from whatever it's currently attached to, and then, depending on how far up the list of teeth you are, 4 pre molars to mash up the food and 8 molars to chew food properly

the incisors and canines are from carnivores and the molars are from herbivores and we've evolved a long way since we were first about around 20,000 years ago
Old 16-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER

I think you'll find most people on here will disagree, most people want to know that the meat that they are eating was killed in the most humane way possible, if that wasn't the case there wouldn't be the reaction that this post is getting.

yeah, but i still bet they didnt bat an eye when they all went shopping for buy a joint of meat for the sunday roast tomorrow!
Old 16-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER

I think you'll find most people on here will disagree, most people want to know that the meat that they are eating was killed in the most humane way possible, if that wasn't the case there wouldn't be the reaction that this post is getting.
yeah, but i bet they didnt bat an eye when they went shopping to buy a joint of meat for the sunday roast tomorrow!

the fact is that those cattle are bread to be slaughtered for meat.

so even if its a bolt of lightning to the head, a bolt shot into the head, or having its throat slit, most people dont think about those things when they are in the shops buying the meat.
well, its dead, might as well eat it etc...

ignorance is bliss.

its only cos its been made public how its done that everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying, yeah ban it and all that shit. when i reality those very people have been supporting those methods for years by buying the meat...

i personally dont like to see an animal, or anything suffer. but thats what they are there for. food!

say you were somehow lost in the jungle, starving hungry on the verge of death and you managed to trap an animal. with limited tools, how would you go about killing it so you could eat it?

bugger it to death? tickle it? kick? smash its head in with a stone etc?

or pull out your pocket stungun and give it a quick zap?

or just roast it alive as you were to pussy to do the deed!

i am trying to make a point here, but im not sure if its getting accross
Old 16-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
FUCKING LOL, JUST FUCKING LOL!

i just seen that post too, RYAN 3 - you total fucking cunt!

jeeesus christ!

my wife is vegetarian, and am i? am i fuck!

some people also belive that vegetarians die at the age of 60
Old 16-10-2010, 09:46 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fudgey
yeah, but i bet they didnt bat an eye when they went shopping to buy a joint of meat for the sunday roast tomorrow!

the fact is that those cattle are bread to be slaughtered for meat.

so even if its a bolt of lightning to the head, a bolt shot into the head, or having its throat slit, most people dont think about those things when they are in the shops buying the meat.
well, its dead, might as well eat it etc...

ignorance is bliss.

its only cos its been made public how its done that everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying, yeah ban it and all that shit. when i reality those very people have been supporting those methods for years by buying the meat...

i personally dont like to see an animal, or anything suffer. but thats what they are there for. food!

say you were somehow lost in the jungle, starving hungry on the verge of death and you managed to trap an animal. with limited tools, how would you go about killing it so you could eat it?

bugger it to death? tickle it? kick? smash its head in with a stone etc?

or pull out your pocket stungun and give it a quick zap?

or just roast it alive as you were to pussy to do the deed!

i am trying to make a point here, but im not sure if its getting accross
I can see what your saying as ignorance is bliss but if you actually dont know the ins and outs of it then are presented with them image's i think as a whole people will avoid halal, and if were really honest there's only 1 reason it's allowed to happen
Old 16-10-2010, 09:54 PM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

if god didnt want us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat?
Old 16-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

yes exactly, it is an eye opener.

but say your in the supermarket and they have one steak for example that costs Ł9, and one that costs Ł5 but is halal (ok it doesnt say that it is) your gonna go for the cheaper option in most cases.

but the person purchasing the meat just thinks, well ive saved myself Ł4 there, bargain.

not, well that cow probably just had its head hacked off, blood and gore everywhere while the more expensive meat was was stroked and carressed until its poor heart gave out in an instant so it felt no pain and died in a loving way with someone that cares for it...

Last edited by Fudgey; 16-10-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 10:04 PM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry for saying that as a meat eater i dont think nore want to how the animal died.
I tried to be a vegitarian and my missis could'nt stand the farts so she put me back on the meat
Old 16-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

we are omnivores mate, we have 4 upper/lower insicors to cut meat, 4 canines to grip flesh to tear from whatever it's currently attached to, and then, depending on how far up the list of teeth you are, 4 pre molars to mash up the food and 8 molars to chew food properly

the incisors and canines are from carnivores and the molars are from herbivores and we've evolved a long way since we were first about around 20,000 years ago
exactly.. so to eat meat alone is wrong, to eat vegetables alone is wrong. We should have a mixed diet.
Old 16-10-2010, 10:12 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes exactly, it is an eye opener.

but say your in the supermarket and they have one steak for example that costs Ł9, and one that costs Ł5 but is halal (ok it doesnt say that it is) your gonna go for the cheaper option in most cases.

but the person purchasing the meat just thinks, well ive saved myself Ł4 there, bargain.

not, well that cow probably just had its head hacked off, blood and gore everywhere while the more expensive meat was was stroked and carressed until its poor heart gave out in an instant so it felt no pain and died in a loving way with someone that cares for it...
But as you say mate if it's not marked as been halal how would anyone know? Is it usually more expensive for the humane way?
1846 focus
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

fred elliot you should know wernt you the butcher in coranation street
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
exactly.. so to eat meat alone is wrong, to eat vegetables alone is wrong. We should have a mixed diet.

Hear Hear
Old 16-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
But as you say mate if it's not marked as been halal how would anyone know? Is it usually more expensive for the humane way?
ok good point, that i dont know.

they do have some machinery to hold the live stock while their throat is slit, so its more than 'just a knife' that they use.

fortunatly i dont work in an abotiour (no i cant spell )
Old 16-10-2010, 10:43 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok good point, that i dont know.

they do have some machinery to hold the live stock while their throat is slit, so its more than 'just a knife' that they use.

fortunatly i dont work in an abotiour (no i cant spell )
it would be interesting to see if there's a difference in price. I'd imagine the halal would be more expensive.fuck knows
Old 16-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

dunno mate, but you never know.

i do know that the price of a good lamb vindaloo can vary depending on where you are lol
Old 16-10-2010, 10:53 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dunno mate, but you never know.

i do know that the price of a good lamb vindaloo can vary depending on where you are lol
see that's interesting cos i had 2 chicken tikka vinderloo's earlyer 1 with rice and 1 with chip's and they were the same price. No change since last week neither! I believe the pricing of a good curry is a black art and should be left to those with valid experience
Old 16-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

if they were bought from the same place id expect them to be the same, but where i live the local place is reasonable, but if im away with work and drop in for a boohna or whatever, the price can vary by a few quid!

eitherway, i know how live stock is killed/slaughtered (maybe why its called slaughtering?) and i still buy things with meat in them.
Old 16-10-2010, 11:16 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if they were bought from the same place id expect them to be the same, but where i live the local place is reasonable, but if im away with work and drop in for a boohna or whatever, the price can vary by a few quid!

eitherway, i know how live stock is killed/slaughtered (maybe why its called slaughtering?) and i still buy things with meat in them.
Cos it tastes nice?
Old 16-10-2010, 11:19 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

and yes mate it happens
absolute utter bollocks
Old 16-10-2010, 11:24 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I read books mate.
oh well if it was in a book then it must be true

so you started with saying live pigs are transported in trucks with ice causing them to stick to the truck, then upon being questioned about it you changed your story to the weather causing the metal trucks to freeze the pigs to them?

best laugh ive had in ages you tool
Old 16-10-2010, 11:34 PM
wrcjuha
BANNED
BANNED

Default Religeon causing problems again !

Originally Posted by FredElliot
This. ^^
Lets remove religion from the equation.

Lets say an animal processing plant existed that slaughtered animals in this way simply because it were perhaps "cheaper", you could count in milliseconds how long it would take for it to be shut down and the owners sent to prison.

As its linked with religion, its untouchable by our nanny state.

I have to agree with your comment above Fred.

My 2p worth has to be the way the animals are actually killed. The least we could do, is to kill the animals in the most humane way possible. Surely that is the right thing to do? Not to just do it in a barbaric manner, because some dodgy religeon determines it should be done a certain way?

I wish this government would get a grip on things like this as these are the easist babaric religeous based rituals to easily ban, without being accused of being racist, or at least the argument for trying to keep this religeous ritual would be pretty hard to justify after people had seen the aforementioned footage.
Old 17-10-2010, 12:07 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Vegetarians... A truly odd breed. Gay as fuck

Quick Reply: halal meat slaughter