General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

"to all my peeps, in the cheap seats"...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
only under mma rule's. Different kettle of fish tbh
Not really. MMA fighter would have a Boxer. You have to remember, boxers don't train legs the way a MMA fighter would. Boxers aren't grapplers. Boxer aren't trained to maneuver out of submission holds.

If a Boxer is taken to the mat by a MMA Fignter, he's pretty much had it. Once he's in a submission hold, he's pretty much got to tap out.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Here you go, perfect example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz5DBrgSVkY

Boxer had to tap. He got a good few shot in though.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
i never claimed to have invented that, one of the guys who was posting at the time the ruthless aggression era was about posted that, and the wwe ran with it

plus i said that earlier in the post

fair do, what forum? my mate has never heard the name dojj on forums he uses, and he is on them alot
Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

apww - alt pro wrestling wwf

also

rspw - rec sports pro wrestling

there are a load of new faces and i've not really been as active over the past few years, but back in the day, 1200 posts a week was the standard i set

i've been trying to get onto the powerslam forum, but i've not been able to find it, but they do do very indepth stuff and it's the behind the scenes stuff that i like to get my teeth into, the on screen stuff is great but they are putting on too much tits and ass as opposed to the techincal stuff i like, but the storylines have improved now that they have a 5 year pg rated show, no more blading, no more bad language etc, just wondering if hhh or steph are going to ruin the show now he's an official big cheese
Old 04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

only under mma rule's. Different kettle of fish tbh

Originally Posted by Pardeep
Not really. MMA fighter would have a Boxer. You have to remember, boxers don't train legs the way a MMA fighter would. Boxers aren't grapplers. Boxer aren't trained to maneuver out of submission holds.

If a Boxer is taken to the mat by a MMA Fignter, he's pretty much had it. Once he's in a submission hold, he's pretty much got to tap out.

Wouldn't that be under MMA rules then??

Anyway, back on topic...Dojj you top rope slammin' loon....i've no idea what you're babbling on about but keep goin', it's immense!!

And tell me...where DID Sgt Slaughter buy his Raybans? And exactly how old is Jake the Snake roberts python? Gimme the REAL juice....the stuff "they" don't want you to know.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:06 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As i said mate only under mma rules, if any mma fighter went under boxing rules they'd get killed. Tbh i love both but as i said different kettle of fish, ask kimbo an unbelievable bare knuckle fighter who just couldnt do mma successfully.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

neil got what i ment
Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

As i said mate only under mma rules, if any mma fighter went under boxing rules they'd get killed. Tbh i love both but as i said different kettle of fish, ask kimbo an unbelievable bare knuckle fighter who just couldnt do mma successfully.
That maybe true but i'm talking about a street fight lol

Can you imagine getting into a fight and saying 'in the ring' lol, You'd deserve to get a beating lol
Old 05-10-2010, 02:23 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That maybe true but i'm talking about a street fight lol

Can you imagine getting into a fight and saying 'in the ring' lol, You'd deserve to get a beating lol
But kimbo was THE best at streetfighting and got fucked in the mma. Cant see what your getting at tbh? There was a few who were proper bareknuckle fighter's could not make it on the mma scene.bareknuckle is world's appart from mma and boxing there is a uber difference between them all.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and if were all honest there is maybe 6 that i know of proper bareknuckle in this country and what would you make of them?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Kimbo WAS amazing. But when Rules were involved, he wasn't great.

Brock Lesnar will be difficult to stop. He's 10x the athlete some of the UFC fighter are. Someone of his size, his speed is incredible. And the only UFC Fighter to get a title shot after 3 matches.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:40 AM
dojj

brocks next ruck is apparently on the 23rd of october, so i'll be looking forward to that

kimbo was great when the other guy was just a punching back, totally different kettle of potatoes when you have some proper opposition

as for neil, something tells me you know what you are talking about, and probably write for some sort of wrestling publication there were several different damiens, but jake got himself a bit fucked up on the old crack, quite a change from his bible thumping days and he got fat but he still had the best short clothesline i've seen and had legitamate heat with rick rude

rick used to have a gimmick of calling out bints from the crowd to kiss after each victory (obviously planted) and one time 9storyline) he called out jakes mrs, cheryl
this obviously was the build up to them fueding but rick went and got soem tights made up with her face on both his crotch and his arse, which really pissed of jake and lead to some gerat matches between the 2, mania 4 being my favorite
Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

typically you discount anything you don't understand

why do you come on spouting about how great you and your boxing pals are when they only fight once every 6 months? is that because they are recovering from being twated silly in the ring by someone else? or because they're aren't enough of them with "skills" to go around? or because you haven't given them your seal of approval?

i posted the proof, you can't take it and so you've changed the subject all over again like you do in every other post you seem to post in

same with dave's post about him beating the lambo

at least put in some constructive criticism like dan has done rather than bullshit like you tend to turn some threads into

at least women can say they are on the blob, you go from one extreme to another in the blink of an eye, did someone beat you away from the lights this morning?

I don't understand it?

ITS YOU THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT WRESTLING IS NOT A SPORT.

ITS FUCKING ACTING.

ITS LIKE EASTENDERS FOR THE RETARDED AND WITH STEROIDS

If you read Daves post it seems lots of people thought I was speaking sense!

unlike this thread where hardly anyone understands what the fuck u are going on about, those that do think you are making it up or deluded and one person actually thinks you need to be 'put to sleep' I mean just look at the tags! none by me either...

also I NEVER changed the subject on Daves post... UNLIKE YOU here by suddenly talking about boxing, and daves post!

by the way. You think all boxers only fight every 6 months?? you are a fucking idiot

as I said... I dont think its funny. I think its sad

I feel like a bully actually .... because I am not arguing with a normal person, but a delusional and actually almost certainly mentally ill person

You are making yourself look an utter fool... AGAIN!

I wont ever comment or read your posts again... and my life is going to be alot better for it.

Last edited by Porkie; 05-10-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 AM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I last remember wrestling when it was the ultimate warrior / Hulk Hogan / Big Boss Man and legion of doom!

COOOOOOOL stuff back then!!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Porkie
I don't understand it

I wont ever comment or read your posts again... and my life is going to be alot better for it.
thank fuck for finally understanding and not being a twat. Well, for 90% of the time you make sense and I found something worthwhile in Reading your posts, but fir the other 10% you are an absolute cunt who treats the rest of us with contempt.

If you'd simply said "I don't understand wrestling so I'll let you get on with it" then I'm sure I wouldn't have had any issues with that, but you have got all personal about this, like the last time where we had an arguement about something, I went out of my way to make the peace and to explain where I was coming from and even then you were saying all nice things out in the open and being a total two faced cunt in the pms you were sending me. But seeing as I'm not the sort to hold a grudge, I'll let you carry on with your life and I'll carry on with mine

Yes, the late 80's and early 90's were the pinicale of what most consider the heyday of wrestling Before the in ention of the Internet where everyone knew what everyone else knew about contracts and behind the scenes shenanigans and we simply watched on a Saturday night to enjoy the spectacle
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

kimbo was never a great street fighter tbh
most the guys he fought were half his size and he got his ass handed to him by shaun gannon
not that i would mess with him thoughbut his notoriety has come from his youtube vids
wouldbe liked to see him fight lee murray who was an unbeaten street fighter who could actually fight
Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Dojj why did you ever start posting here again. Do us all a favour and fuck right off back under whichever stone you went to the last time.

Before you go (hopefully) answer us all one question. Do YOU believe wrestling is real and is not all a scrip written act?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dojj,

You are on a blatant wind up mate. Everytime you manage to wind the same person up - Porkie, followed by Ollie and Rich Pon.

They are intelligent enough to realise this, so i don't quite know why they bite everytime
Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Tbh, I find Dojj's posts funny, but he's clearly mentally ill, so I feel sorry aswell
Old 05-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dojj, WTF?

People have told you over and over and over on this forum that you annoy them, post pure shite topics and generally make a huge fool of yourself, why do you keep giving them the opportunities to get stuck into you??

You're an 'adult', you have child(ren?), yet you have the mindset of a fucking child!! Wisen up, for your own sake.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by RobL
kimbo was never a great street fighter tbh
most the guys he fought were half his size and he got his ass handed to him by shaun gannon
not that i would mess with him thoughbut his notoriety has come from his youtube vids
wouldbe liked to see him fight lee murray who was an unbeaten street fighter who could actually fight
kimbo was very impressive in his vids, he absolutly pummeled the opposition, but when i saw him go the distance with that fat bolke and he just stopped working after a few minutes and ressembled the energizer bunnies foes, it was all over

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Dojj,

You are on a blatant wind up mate. Everytime you manage to wind the same person up - Porkie, followed by Ollie and Rich Pon.

They are intelligent enough to realise this, so i don't quite know why they bite everytime
i don't mind having a laugh and a joke rich, i'm all for that, but the blinkers that it's "fake" and "not real" and "like eastenders", well, you just know what's coming next don't you

this thread wasn't even ABOUT wrestling, it was about me hearing someone on the bbc using the word "peeps" and asking if anyone else had heard it

i was of the onion that this would turn into one of those threads where people would start to go on about the lack of education and how standards have slipped in the bbc and all that, not what it's become

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam

Tbh, I find Dojj's posts funny, but he's clearly mentally ill, so I feel sorry aswell
i'm like chip today, got loads of spare time to do fuck all while i wait for stuff to happen, so i've got plenty of time between waiting and doing nothing to do stuff that i wouldn't normally have time to do
Old 05-10-2010, 12:03 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Coldo
Dojj, WTF?

People have told you over and over and over on this forum that you annoy them, post pure shite topics and generally make a huge fool of yourself, why do you keep giving them the opportunities to get stuck into you??

You're an 'adult', you have child(ren?), yet you have the mindset of a fucking child!! Wisen up, for your own sake.
i understand where you are coming from, but if people don't like my posts then they have the option to use the ignore function

it's not like i set out to make big changes in the way people think about me, i'm just a normal bloke who will agree with others about some stuff and disagree about other stuff and not have an onion on the rest, but people don't take it like that and start to get personal and so i try to explain myself

your post has told me what you feel, but i don't sense any animosity in it, you are just telling it like it is and i have no problem with that, but if you were to call me a cunt and this and that, then i'd rightly be upset, after all, we are all adults and can discuss things like adults, no need to resort to playground tactics and name calling

just because i'm passionate about something, doesn't mean you have to be, and if you aren't then why make a big song and dance about not being passionate about it?

you might like flower arranging, or walking in the park, both of which i avoid like the plague if i can help it, but that's you and that's me, no need to get all internet gangsta about it is there

there seems to be a very big crowd here that jumps on various bandwagons as they trundle along telling them what they should and shouldn't be thinking, and if you think outside of that bandwagon, you get tarred with being a freak or a weirdo or a twat or whatever else it is that week, no one here seems to accept that we are all different and we can all have a different viewpoint on the way we think about stuff

it's not as if it's a maths lesson and 2+2=4, you like blue, i like yellow someone else likes orange and someone else likes green and we can eachput our views forward as to why we like whatever colours we like, but that doesn't mean to say that everyone else should like that colour does it?

see where i'm coming from?

cheers
Old 05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Dojj i don't think anyone has a problem with you being passionate about things. Each to their own and all that. The point they are trying to make is that most people tend to grow out of wrestling when they are about 12
Old 05-10-2010, 02:20 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by xr_craig
Dojj i don't think anyone has a problem with you being passionate about things. Each to their own and all that. The point they are trying to make is that most people tend to grow out of wrestling when they are about 12
that's what you would think, but the average age of a viewer is in the 18-24 range for the wwe, and let's not forget that wrestling is second only to football in sky's viewing figures, so there must be an awful lot of 12 year olds out there

ok, so it's on as a daytime child friendly version and a late night version too and in total there must be around 25 hours worth of wrestling across the 5 sky sports channels of a week, so the figures would indicate that being 12 is not the case

it's like saying most people grow out of driving fast cars when they get over 25, you'd think that was a fair assumption, but this site shows that it's not so you can't base your argument on what you personally believe if you start down that road, the wwe is a BILLION $ a year industry, and has been so for a good few years now, when the monday night wars were on, people off the streets were given free tickets to boost the audience even on the mediocre nights, and don't forget that only 2 shows a week are broadcast, monday night raw and smackdown (recorded on a teusday night but shown and billed as a friday night production) so all the other shows lke superstars and wwe experience are all filmed at the same time in teh same arena, nxt is filmed to fill in for another segment and ecw was another show, but they wern't filmed as being under the wwe banner even though they were the rough and tough side of the wwe
anyway, this still leaves 2 or 3 "house" shows per week which get filled at stadiums around the country that don't get taped, but you still get the crowds there
people queue up for HOURS to get into a signing venue AND pay up to $25 per autograph, imagine that, waiting for 5 hours to get an autograph and then having to hand over 25 bucks for the privilege?
that's not 12 year old fanboi-ism, but you wouldn't do that over here would you? i certainly wouldn't, but i know several people who have, and i know one person who stood in line for me when the guys behind the new batman came to town a few years ago
i'm not obsessed with wrestling, i just like it enough to know what's going on, watch it regularly, get a few mags about it and have a natter with some peeps on the internet about what's gone down, nothing different to driving a ford and going to a show and buying some motoring mags every month, but you don't see people being called deluded for spending time and effort and money on something that then fails to start or blows up because of a mechanical failure do you?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

i understand where you are coming from, but if people don't like my posts then they have the option to use the ignore function
#

Bloody good idea that!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
because I am not arguing with a normal person, but a delusional and actually almost certainly mentally ill person
You got any appointments free DR Manning ?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Answer my previous post Dojj?