General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fifa 11

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of each console, as you can tell hardly worth arguing about is it i doubt most people could tell me which is which just from looking at the pics but they have got a 50/50 chance i suppose
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pro evo 2011 read the early reviews its going to blow that fifa shite out the water, total football !! never ever liked fifa. master league on pro evo for me is where its at!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by rabmc
Pro evo 2011 read the early reviews its going to blow that fifa shite out the water, total football !! never ever liked fifa. master league on pro evo for me is where its at!!!
The new fifa 11 is immense the best so far by miles ( sat playing it now ) but from the vids ive seen of PES looks like its back with a bang hopefully
Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

thnks for the update troll.

I guess it will blow fifa out the water if you like playing in 8bit stadiums with a boiled sweet as the ball. Got to hand it to konami, they know what football fans want.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
thnks for the update troll.

I guess it will blow fifa out the water if you like playing in 8bit stadiums with a boiled sweet as the ball. Got to hand it to konami, they know what football fans want.
you got this bit right
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Was about to head out at midnight on Thursday night for an Xbox copy of FIFA but as its November next month I thought I'd might as well order a PS3 in now. Ordered FIFA 11 for it from elsewhere and its been sat here now all sealed since Saturday.

Hopefully I'll get to try it out on Monday or Tues night. Anyone know if there's a website where you can search/check for gamertags like you can on Xbox/microsoft passport sites or can you only do it on PS3 when you sign up?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Eye chopshop you know what your talking about it !! wow! cant be bothered explaining any of it, all be it the fact you seem to have played pro evo 2011
Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by skeg
Was about to head out at midnight on Thursday night for an Xbox copy of FIFA but as its November next month I thought I'd might as well order a PS3 in now. Ordered FIFA 11 for it from elsewhere and its been sat here now all sealed since Saturday.

Hopefully I'll get to try it out on Monday or Tues night. Anyone know if there's a website where you can search/check for gamertags like you can on Xbox/microsoft passport sites or can you only do it on PS3 when you sign up?

you'll be happy to know you can start as man city and get 108m to spend, made my first purcahse of fletcher that bit easier
Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

luving it
Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by danneth

you'll be happy to know you can start as man city and get 108m to spend, made my first purcahse of fletcher that bit easier

LOL yeah very happy. Think I'd rather play as Sheff Wednesday and buy you a pint than touch Liverpool, Leeds or City!!! Putting El Cunto in my fantasy team when Rooney got injured was hard enough.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well my wife went out shopping today and when she got she had got me a copy of Fifa 11

Only had to games as was in the middle of replacing the engine in my run around

Hopefully be on at 9pm once the wife has finshed watching X Factor shite

Anyone wont to add me jamesyf63bkl

Brian
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doh...I want this! But do i get it on the PS3 or 360!.....Im thinking 360 by the comments so far!

Originally Posted by Fiddy
im gona go to asda in abit and pick up a copy. against my better judgement, i bought a new style 360 on tuesday, i had seven old style one's, and the all got the old RROD, so ive always stuck with the PS3, but i got the new style 360, with forza 3, and halo 3 odst, for Ł150 in tesco, so i thought sod it, ill see if the new one's are any better.
you must be gutted as i swear Game (i think) today in the News Of The World were doing Fifa 11 & Forza 3 for Ł150 lol

I bet you have filled that 4gb storage up already....I mean when i installed Forza that pretty much took up 3gb....So i took it back the next day (The controller was bust anyway) & upgraded to the 250gb console....The Limted Edtion Halo Reach one lol
Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Eye chopshop you know what your talking about it !! wow! cant be bothered explaining any of it, all be it the fact you seem to have played pro evo 2011
I just think the fact that you can have giant headed players in underwater stadiums completely pointless. Konami should try and get a good base for a football game to be played on, rather than releasing a fresh engines ever year that always falls short then rather than improving on it they waste all there time with silly extras like playing with a barrel instead of a ball. Its obviously aimed at children not football fans.
Sports simulators should be simulations. Leave the silly stuff to mario kart I say.

People can argue the pro evo vs fifa thing till their blue in the face, but reviews and world wide sales swings fifa's way every year.

lol just found some examples...
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/sc...5_1280x720.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/sc...4_1280x720.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/sc...4_1280x720.jpg

Last edited by Chopshop85; 03-10-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

I just think the fact that you can have giant headed players in underwater stadiums completely pointless. Konami should try and get a good base for a football game to be played on, rather than releasing a fresh engines ever year that always falls short then rather than improving on it they waste all there time with silly extras like playing with a barrel instead of a ball. Its obviously aimed at children not football fans.
Sports simulators should be simulations. Leave the silly stuff to mario kart I say.

People can argue the pro evo vs fifa thing till their blue in the face, but reviews and world wide sales swings fifa's way every year.

like i said ages ago, apart from this year PES looks the dogs this time round, and every review i have read about it is saying the same thing, two people over on AV have had the game a few weeks to review and there vids and comments make it clear to see this is a rival for fifa this year ( and i am a fifa fanboy ) so instead of jumping on the bandwagon before actually seeing the game in full why not just wait
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkpix...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIUuM...ayer_embedded#!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by danneth
like i said ages ago, apart from this year PES looks the dogs this time round, and every review i have read about it is saying the same thing, two people over on AV have had the game a few weeks to review and there vids and comments make it clear to see this is a rival for fifa this year ( and i am a fifa fanboy ) so instead of jumping on the bandwagon before actually seeing the game in full why not just wait
Well I like to read up and watch videos of a game then buy it, Rather than buy it then decided whether I want to buy it or not

VGReleases collated reviews from 50 websites such as IGN.com, Kotaku, etc...
put
fifa 11 at 8.8
pro evo 2011 at 7.8

Honestly at first I thought the new pro evo looked great.
However, the demo was awful, played it a few times to see what the crack was and evertime just got more and more frustrated by how slow and unresponsive it was. It may have only been a demo but I'm pretty sure it would be the final version as it was released only a few weeks before the games deadline. Even my friends that are the biggest pro evo fanbois have settled for fifa this year.

I even looked on a few pro evo forums and its received alot of hatred. Especially the toning down of shot power so those long range pro evo screamers which made it its only redeeming feature are now just as hard as fifa. Also having a few random clubs from each league with the correct names and players is just pathetic, either get all of them, or dont bother.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also this year pro evo might be making a bit of an improvment.

But fifa got it right years ago and every year they are just improving and adding to that formula.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Jimbo.
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the first footy game I've bought since Fifa 98 on the original Playstation

Have to say I'm loving it, on PS3 by the way
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Postie still hasn't delivered it

Play.com best not be doing this with Gran Turismo
Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
Postie still hasn't delivered it

Play.com best not be doing this with Gran Turismo
thats why i am unsure about ordering it & Black ops online...As i don't want to be waiting for it days after it has been released....I mean i don't want to be playing catch up with everyone online lol
Old 04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Munch
Doh...I want this! But do i get it on the PS3 or 360!.....Im thinking 360 by the comments so far!

you must be gutted as i swear Game (i think) today in the News Of The World were doing Fifa 11 & Forza 3 for Ł150 lol

I bet you have filled that 4gb storage up already....I mean when i installed Forza that pretty much took up 3gb....So i took it back the next day (The controller was bust anyway) & upgraded to the 250gb console....The Limted Edtion Halo Reach one lol
tbh mate, im not to bothered, its only cost me Ł179 all in, and ive got forza, halo and fifa 11. i dont really play other games bar football and cars, so ill only be playing fifa and forza on the 360, so i dont really need a big hard drive, if i find the need for one, ill just buy a 250 gig HD.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

oh, and as for fifa 11, its very different to 09 and 10, took me a little bit to get used to the new layout on manager/career mode, but im loving it now
Old 04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

thats the thing mate...you can't buy bigger HDD's for the 4gb xbox's mate...As i thought the same
Old 04-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Munch
thats the thing mate...you can't buy bigger HDD's for the 4gb xbox's mate...As i thought the same
didnt know that, it has the HD port aswel, i checked
Old 04-10-2010, 05:57 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ps3 is here just messing with it now........
Old 04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Originally Posted by Fiddy
didnt know that, it has the HD port aswel, i checked

read the reviews...

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/Xbox-...sole/~r350682/
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
FastFordChris

But fifa got it right years ago and every year they are just improving and adding to that formula.

Its a shame they've ignored the pc format. fifa 11 on the pc is a port of fifa 10 console, they didnt even bother updating the teams/players and have the cheek to charge full price..

Still good game though
Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Anyone else finding their PS3 FIFA 11 freezes for like a second before play continues? Its kind of like lag and then resumes but it happens in career mode as well as online. Also can you seriously still not install games to the HDD to speed up loading times and save the disk drive, like you can on Xbox?

Its a nice console, has some positives that you can't tell as much when just playing on a mates but what about playing music from your ipod or HDD over the top of the games and controlling it. Tried it last night when FIFA was on but was telling me I'd have to go back to the PS3 environment and exit game. Maybe I'll find a way after more use but on Xbox you can just pop it up with the menu button and change tracks or albums as you wish whilst the games still on. Pad feels/looks cheap compared to the Xbox one also but the lighter weight could be a positive.

And how much a rip odd is the PSN store? Have you lot actually being paying those prices? Think I'll get GT5 but get Black opps for Xbox as you'll have to wait for the maps I bet also. Hardly any content compare to XBox gameplace is there.

Back to Fifa, good game, played career mode on World class and bought Gareth Bale for LW and De Rossi from Roma. Playing a 4-2-3-1 with Fletcher and De Rossi as holding, Nani on RW, Bale LW and myself up top with Berba behind. Love the way you can pick either be a pro game in career or control the whole team. Passing is still ping pong but it plays fairly well so far. Commentary is old.

Won my first online game last night as it felt easy after playing World class, lots more time and space, totally raped him on posession and shots etc but then played some Mexican or something and the lag was a nightmare, he beat me via a headed corner.

Not really investigated the stats of players fully but why have they given Rooney, Hernandez and Owen all 84/85 for acceleration, have they even seen Hernandez run? Any of you bought the live season updates? Worth it? Think its Ł7.99 for all leagues. Put in a disk and save all the Man United songs to HDD then went in the crowd chant options and selected some of them so when I play as my favourite team I get proper songs, like:

Arena and menus - Pink Floyd comfortably numb
Fav team entry - Rocky funfare OT entrance theme
Fav team goal - Gary neville is a red, he hates scousers
Fav team victory - United, United, United
Favourite team defeat - Musical chairs when glazier dies, jelly and ice cream
Fav team crowd chant - United are the team for me with a nick nack, paddy whack...

Got loads of them, shame you can't add a few more as who's the twat from Argentina and are you watching Merseyside etc are spares. Great feature though.

Last edited by skeg; 05-10-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What formation do you lot use?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

What formation do you lot use?
4-2-3-1
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Escy

Anyone else finding their PS3 FIFA 11 freezes for like a second before play continues? Its kind of like lag and then resumes but it happens in career mode as well as online.
I've noticed this when playing online, it tends to lag just as something intresting happens like a goal mouth scramble.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

FIFA 11 lagging is a known issue. I read EA are looking into it, whatever that means!

Can't believe it to be honest, I didn't expect a buggy piece of software!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Well I like to read up and watch videos of a game then buy it, Rather than buy it then decided whether I want to buy it or not

VGReleases collated reviews from 50 websites such as IGN.com, Kotaku, etc...
put
fifa 11 at 8.8
pro evo 2011 at 7.8

Honestly at first I thought the new pro evo looked great.
However, the demo was awful, played it a few times to see what the crack was and evertime just got more and more frustrated by how slow and unresponsive it was. It may have only been a demo but I'm pretty sure it would be the final version as it was released only a few weeks before the games deadline. Even my friends that are the biggest pro evo fanbois have settled for fifa this year.

I even looked on a few pro evo forums and its received alot of hatred. Especially the toning down of shot power so those long range pro evo screamers which made it its only redeeming feature are now just as hard as fifa. Also having a few random clubs from each league with the correct names and players is just pathetic, either get all of them, or dont bother.

The only reason the ratings get dragged down on the reviews are the same old stuff "licenses" and as you mentioned IGN what did they have to say on the matter

"
After the promising strides made by last year's reboot, PES 2011 feels very much a realisation of that potential. With its emphasis on fun still apparent, the added realism provided by control, animation and AI enhancements improve and broaden the package's appeal no end. Factor in the added tactical flexibility and the addition of the online Master League, and it's easy to see why PES' return to form will be widely celebrated. Some may prefer FIFA's more studied approach to football realism, but when it comes to pick-up-and-play fun and intensity, PES 2011 gets my vote this year.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

COD: Black Ops looks awesome.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Fifa 10 lagged badly online so I never bothered playing it. Unfortunately Skeg you can't play tunes whilst in a game, it may come out as an update but who know. I downloaded loads of chant's and entrance music last night, Who The Fucking Hell Are You when we win is a nice touch ;o) PSN is still in development, max transfer rate is about 2 megabytes per second. Will watch the new episodes of Two And A Half Men and Rules Of Engagement on the PS3 then bang Fifa 11 on )
Old 07-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Escy

Anyone been fucked online by Fifa? All my online points got reset

Pissed off by that.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just popped to Tesco with my mate stu to get Pro Evo 2011. There was a massive que of 3 people! lol

Played the game for a few hours, Seemed to have slight improvments on the demo version especially with shot power, However, its still seems very jolty and the gameplay is not fluent in the slightest, also the auto power for the goal keepers kicks is very annoying as you can only hoof it full power. Definately an improvment on 2010 although the one thing that was fun on pro evo was the ability to score from anywhere, which seems to have been removed and they have made scoring harder than fifa!

As always with pro evo the ratings are all over the place with every spanish team being the best teams in the world and player ratings are the same, e.g Arshavin is rated as better all round than Fabregas, at 85, yet the entire Barcelona and real madrid squads are all 90+?!?
Also, as always, the team rosters are well out of date.
Was looking froward to the staduim creator, however its very poor. I thought it looked like a good feature but there is only 6 stands to choose from, (the biggest being about the same size as Ewood park), the way the pitch is mowed, and the colour of the seats. Other things are adjustable but its things like the fences which are so small you cant even see them. Also the ability to change the colour of the stadium flood lights? which was just odd.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Escy
Anyone been fucked online by Fifa? All my online points got reset

Pissed off by that.
Thats not fifa as your online rating is done by your EA profile. The EA servers have always been a complete joke.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

So basically Chopshop, pro evo is wank and a waste of 40 of the queens english pounds ? ?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wasn't sure whether to go for the new Fifa or F1 game today for the PS3... so I rubbered it and walked out.

Cheers,
Grant

Quick Reply: Fifa 11