General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Your first 5 acts as prime minister?

Search this Thread

Old 22-09-2010, 01:02 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
1. Ban all Trucks, Vans
As a part time HGV driver I must comment on that particular statement......

don't be silly, no trucks means, no food, no fuel, no clothes,.......... need I go on

Luciano
Old 22-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RSNUT!
1, goverment should do a door to door check on everyone in this whole country if u aint got a british passport.... See ya!
Agreed, although "valid paperwork" rather than british passport or we'd lose about 50% of our doctors for a start

4, public transport should be free or free to british working citizens!
Not sure on that one, as if people could use it free, they would just do so all the time for no good reason, which would require massive massive investment in fuels etc, not to mention the cost of infrastructure changes (although at least the labour would be mainly free )

i may not be spot on with the above, but this country needs to put its foot down!
Agreed, we need a MASSIVE change of attitutude.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
I'm not one to get involved in any kind of politricks and I see some of the usual suspects are voicing their opinions on this thread

I won't run off a list but I would certainly sort out the earnings of the working class and make it fair and get a decent wage to the masses

remember the people that run this cuntry and wanks that run the banks get paid monkies while the rest of us get paid peanuts

Luciano
If people want better wages, they should work harder to further themselves to get better wages, not expect the government to hand them failure benefits for only being able to get a basic job.

Communism has been tried and failed in may countries.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:22 PM
RSNUT!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy Clarkson for prime minister!!!
and Stephen Fry as his right hand man!
Old 22-09-2010, 01:33 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not read the whole thread but i agree with chip except for the rule number 1 as 1 month is not a long time to find a job this day in age i been looking for two weeks and can't even find anything to apply for and i will do most things i would raise it to 3 months as i think this is more fair.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:39 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by saph4be
not read the whole thread but i agree with chip except for the rule number 1 as 1 month is not a long time to find a job this day in age i been looking for two weeks and can't even find anything to apply for and i will do most things i would raise it to 3 months as i think this is more fair.
dont agree tbh i was laid off a few week's ago and there are 100's of jobs out there. I'm just waiting for 1 to tickle my fancy. Oh and before anyone jump's on me i am signing on but recieve NO money.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:41 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

I've thought of another one!

I'd ban those stupid charity people who try and talk to you in the street. I'm all for charity, and they can advertise on TV/radio or where ever, that's fine, but these people should all be banned. They constantly bug you and it seems you can't walk through town these days without some pillock in a bright t-shirt asking you something. I thought begging was illegal, yet these people are still allowed as they're not directly asking for money there and then.

I think buskers and even people with dogs and the like are ok. I'd sooner buy someone like that a brew than have one of these fucktards trying to talk to me while I'm having lunch or trying to get to the bank or something!
Old 22-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

but you forget youll have a job after a month

youll still be looking for profitable work while working for the state. Genuine jobseekers wont mind working for thier money. the skanks will have to work or starve.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:45 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
dont agree tbh i was laid off a few week's ago and there are 100's of jobs out there. I'm just waiting for 1 to tickle my fancy. Oh and before anyone jump's on me i am signing on but recieve NO money.

please show me one round here there are loads off jobs out there but nothing i am able to do fucking hell you even need to be experienced to be a labourer ffs i have 15 years as a mechanic but i not a mot tester which seems to be what every one wants
Old 22-09-2010, 01:47 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oh and what jobs will all the millons off unemployed do?

and surely someone will have to run it and supervise them meaning even more expense?
Old 22-09-2010, 01:51 PM
hogdog
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have most of you taken to the vets for neutering, there's some grade A stupidity in this thread.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:51 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

please show me one round here there are loads off jobs out there but nothing i am able to do fucking hell you even need to be experienced to be a labourer ffs i have 15 years as a mechanic but i not a mot tester which seems to be what every one wants
so your telling me that there is not 1 job in your area you can do? I find that impossible to believe, so the 'immigrant's' that come over here not speaking much english are more employable then you? Or can you not find a job you fancy?
Old 22-09-2010, 01:54 PM
RSNUT!

and surely someone will have to run it and supervise them meaning even more expense?
sweeping roads, helping out the community, community service ( but getting paid for it )
Old 22-09-2010, 01:55 PM
RSNUT!

Originally Posted by hogdog
I would have most of you taken to the vets for neutering, there's some grade A stupidity in this thread.
thats the problem with this whole country!
Old 22-09-2010, 01:56 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
My company gets paid over £50m a year for dealing with this group of individuals so I feel somewhat qualified to comment

We get paid for sourcing these people a job so I know a little about the market thanks, the jobs are hard to come by. Unless you want to incentivise (force) employers to take them on, probably against their will and probably at a cost then its hard to get some of them into work when the employer would rather use illiegal cash in hand immigrant workers.

As for them doing nothing and getting paid, read what i wrote. I personally can stop their payments if they dont attend what they are supposed to attend in terms of training or job placements or actively searching for a job. All of the activities are documented and audited.

Nobody out of the 95000 clients we've had through the doors since i've been involved has 'done 'hardly anything' towards getting into work

We deal with all types of unemployed from school leavers to long term unemployed over 50 to people made redundant etc

I'd love to know who these 'Millions of people' do nothing towards getting a job who also claim JSA

Other benefits, you are almost certainly correct, Job Seekers, absolutely not
i got my current job through one of these schemes
i only went for a couple of weeks and got hooked up,i know what you mean though everyone else there were complete no hopers and just being in that company was enough motivation for me to sort my shit out
i found it hard being unemployed,its the only time ive ever been without a job and they helped me out loads but the others there had no interest what so ever,they were just there because their benefits would be stopped otherwise

Last edited by RobL; 22-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 22-09-2010, 01:59 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
so your telling me that there is not 1 job in your area you can do? I find that impossible to believe, so the 'immigrant's' that come over here not speaking much english are more employable then you? Or can you not find a job you fancy?

like i said i will do anything but can't even find something to apply for as i not qualified i hate bein out off work and am claiming nothing like i said feel free to show me a job round here. not to mention the amount off people applying for one job the last garage i worked at advertised for a receptionist and had 79 replys!
Old 22-09-2010, 02:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
If people want better wages, they should work harder to further themselves to get better wages, not expect the government to hand them failure benefits for only being able to get a basic job.

Communism has been tried and failed in may countries.
Agreed! There is no incentive to work hard, nor to better yourself if you know that the Government (i.e. hard workers) will subsidise your salary. Plus there's no incentive to do hard/difficult/demanding/dangerous work if you know you can get a similar salary for doing a dossy job.
Old 22-09-2010, 02:01 PM
RobL

like i said i will do anything but can't even find something to apply for as i not qualified i hate bein out off work and am claiming nothing like i said feel free to show me a job round here. not to mention the amount off people applying for one job the last garage i worked at advertised for a receptionist and had 79 replys!
79 aint a great deal,i was hearing some places were getting around a thousand apllications for some jobs when i was out of work
Old 22-09-2010, 02:02 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RSNUT!
sweeping roads, helping out the community, community service ( but getting paid for it )

yeah and then how many people are going to be employed to make sure it all works and cost how much more to the tax payer?

i belive there are over 3 millon plus on benefits in the uk so that alot off people extra to employ to look after them

i for one am all for it but just does not seem sensible option?
Old 22-09-2010, 02:04 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RobL
79 aint a great deal,i was hearing some places were getting around a thousand apllications for some jobs when i was out of work

fucking stupid ain't it last job i applied for said they were not taking any more details as they had that much intaerest!
Old 22-09-2010, 02:04 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont know then tbh. You been round the garage's handing out your c.v and the like's then just in case.
Old 22-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Chip

Street wardens is one example, labour to help build a better transport system is another, grafiti removal on bridges, gardening for pensioners, meals on wheels, the list of useful things people could be doing instead of sitting on their arse all day is endless.

There is already a lot of expense in the current system (like the 50 million quid mondeo man menitoned) and although the costs of my system on a per person basis will potentially be higher, there will hopefully be less benefit scroungers in the first place, and less immigrants thinking they can get a living for nothing.
As far as supervisors and admin staff etc go, those can all be people on benefit doing that too providing they are qualified and experienced enough to do so, not everyone on the dole is useless and lots of people would be better off honing their office skills than doing fuck all like they do currenly!
Old 22-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Chip

No mcdonalds or supermarkets or anything like that in your town?
Old 22-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Chip

yeah and then how many people are going to be employed to make sure it all works and cost how much more to the tax payer?

i belive there are over 3 millon plus on benefits in the uk so that alot off people extra to employ to look after them

i for one am all for it but just does not seem sensible option?
The initial cost of the scheme with 3 million members on it would be HUGE, but over time the number of people on it will drop significantly IMHO, where as the number of people on benefits is going to go up and up over time.

We need to take some short term pain in exchange for long term gain for the good of the country.
Old 22-09-2010, 02:33 PM
fastfezzy G
ladiesman.

good points made by evryone i think we shud kick all the ilegal imigarnts out for robbin our jobs from the hard workin british peeple.
Old 22-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

1. Free English lessons for everyone with a particular emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar, paid for by...

2. ..a 40% Tax on stupid people's wages. As you can see, it's self funding and eventually will mean I won't have to come on internet forums and spend half the time trying to decipher my native language that some fuckwit has bastardised. This will be especially important when I'm priminister as I will have even less time.

3. 60% Tax on accents that sound like they could either be northern or Brummie. The sooner you people realise that you sound stupid, the better your lives will be. If you don't believe me, picture an American redneck. Now in your head make them speak. Does it sound like Cletus from The Simpsons? That's how the rest of the world views you.

4. With our new, well spoken work force up North, let's re-open the boat yards and start actually producing something tangible in this country. We may not be competitive Globally and there's a lot of problems associated with trying to get us that way but this is a wish list and I can choose what I want to go on it.

5. Either rebuild Hadrian's wall OR set off a load of charges and try and float Scotland away so that the whining, ginger deep fryers are someone else's problem. They are welcome to independance and we don't want your oil, we'll have plenty because I'm starting more wars in the Middle East because quite frankly, they're all terrorists and smell funny.
Old 22-09-2010, 03:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fastfezzy G
good points made by evryone i think we shud kick all the ilegal imigarnts out for robbin our jobs from the hard workin british peeple.
They don't. The hard working British people, by their very nature already have jobs.
Old 22-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by fastfezzy G
Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
They don't. The hard working British people, by their very nature already have jobs.

Indeed!

No need to kick out anyone who is working hard, british or not.
I care not the colour of someones skin, I care only for the strength of their character.
Old 22-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

1. Stop handing out houses to people who have popped children out. Build hostels with shared facilities and only individual bedrooms. If the youngsters stop seeing having a babey as a means to a free home they may think a bit more about what they are doing.

2. Force people who claim benefits (job seekers/unemployment) to work one day a week in the community. Failure to comply would result in benefit payments being revoked.

3. Strip the NHS to a skeletal service and make private health care mandatory. Children covered under parents until they start working.

4. No longer recognise foreign languages in town's cities and schools. This is Great Britain, use the Queens English or you will not be recognised (obv excluding Welsh in Wales)

5. Stop the police forces being so figure chasing and let them get on with doing there job and put more enpahsis on the crimes people worry about than some nimby bitching aout a car that might be going 5mph over the limit

Last edited by Oranoco; 22-09-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 22-09-2010, 04:09 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
5. Drink Driving & failure to comply with No. 4 should result in a 10 year loss of life.
Old 22-09-2010, 04:27 PM
SiZT

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by massivewangers
I've thought of another one!

I'd ban those stupid charity people who try and talk to you in the street. I'm all for charity, and they can advertise on TV/radio or where ever, that's fine, but these people should all be banned. They constantly bug you and it seems you can't walk through town these days without some pillock in a bright t-shirt asking you something. I thought begging was illegal, yet these people are still allowed as they're not directly asking for money there and then.

I think buskers and even people with dogs and the like are ok. I'd sooner buy someone like that a brew than have one of these fucktards trying to talk to me while I'm having lunch or trying to get to the bank or something!
How many times have you been caught outside the Guildhall then?
Old 22-09-2010, 04:34 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by SiZT
How many times have you been caught outside the Guildhall then?
Too fuckin many
Old 22-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Oranoco
1. Stop handing out houses to people who have popped children out. Build hostels with shared facilities and only individual bedrooms. If the youngsters stop seeing having a babey as a means to a free home they may think a bit more about what they are doing.
Yes thats another great one that properly tackles the route cause of a problem, shitting out some little sprog is currently a great way for chav birds to get a free house, that needs to stop!

2. Force people who claim benefits (job seekers/unemployment) to work one day a week in the community. Failure to comply would result in benefit payemts being revoked.
Why only one day?

3. Strip the NHS to a skeletal service and make private health care mandatory. Children covered under parents until they start working.
Im neither for nor against that.

4. No longer recognise foreign languages in town's cities and schools. This is Great Britain, use the Queens English or you will not be recognised (obv excluding Welsh in Wales)
We dont really do a lot else anyway do we?
I think that teaching french or german etc is fine.

5. Stop the police forces being so figure chasing and let them get on with doing there job and put more enpahsis on the crimes people worry about than some nimby bitching aout a car that might be going 5mph over the limit
Good plan, although the current police service is sadly mainly full of assholes so may need repopulating.
Old 22-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

1) leave EU and become Independant
2) create seperate parliaments for England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland hat, every now and then, they meet in a British parliament over seen by the monarch
3) make the speed limit on the motorway 100, wheras at 2-5am during summer, no speed limits. This will be safe because...
4) ...Make people take a seperate test for the motorway and be given an M plate for your car as proof.
5) Ban government funding of religion
Old 22-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

1) Detatch the economy from the government. No central bank or central planning of any kind. Total freedom of trade and prioritised individual liberty above all else. The housing bubble and phony consumer economy will therefore collapse.

2) No benefits and no redistribution of wealth. The only thing the government provides is justice and emergency services.

3) Legalise all drugs. Let them be sold to adults in the way that alcohol is.

4) Eliminate democracy. Lol

Last edited by Alan_D; 22-09-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 22-09-2010, 05:09 PM
onionlover
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

1. A complete revamp of the justice system. More police (more jobs) free from government targets. Scrap the death by dangerous driving rule, if you cause someone else's death on the road, it's manslaughter. Rebuild all the country's prisons to a victorian standard (saves money). It's supposed to be a punishment, not a drug ridden, day release, holiday camp.

2. Introduce compulsary 5 year driving tests complete with medicals. Should get the driving biffs off the road (reduce road fatalaties). I also like DarylC's motorway driving test scheme so i'll borrow (steal) that.

3. Scrap the majority of the ministry of defence and allow the armed forces to buy equipment that isn't made by BAE. It will cost significantly less, allowing us to reduce the defence budget and mean that the armed forces has the correct kit it needs, saving lives.

4. Start testing GCSEs at the old O-level standard, rewarding actual academic merit. Also ensure all children learn a foreign language at GCSE. Almost all other countries speak english so it wouldn't hurt our children to be able to speak spanish/french/german etc.

5. Politicians work for a flat rate of £25,000pa with no allowances to ensure that we have people in government who want to make a difference to the country rather than for their own financial gain.
Old 22-09-2010, 05:43 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CHIP FOR PM!

You've written down most of my daily thoughts perfectly, and in a much better way then i'd be able

Ok then, my first 5 as PM

1) ALL illegal immigrants out. Bus, train or plane, just out. It really makes my blood boil why they make huge journeys across the whole continent of europe and not stop in any country there, they come to Britain because they know they'll be taken in. Genuine cases as some may be, they need proper channels and a system to go through.

2) More public service workers. Offer a proper incentive scheme for school leavers and get them into policing, nursing and firefighting. less red tape and less health and safety forms for grazed knees and stubbed toes to enable them to do their (dangerous ) jobs properly.

3) VAT up to get some money in.

4) proper prison terms for any offender, and when your convicted you surrender all human rights at the prison gates. no cigarettes, sweets, playstations etc its meant to be a horrible place to be. life means life and chain gang style unpaid work for asbo offenders.

5) Automatic national service after 6 months of leaving school if the person isn't in further education, training or already working. i.e, for those sittng at home on their arses. it would be expensive to set up but it would hopefully lift the "cant be arsed" attitude of so many of the yoof!

wow that was fun! i'm on a power trip lol
Great thread BTW.
Old 22-09-2010, 06:21 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Do the people you find employment for pay £50m in tax per year? If not, what's the point? Not meant as an argument, just seems like a shit load of cash!

That money also supports a thriving business that employs a over 500 people and supports numerous suppliers we trade with, as well as getting over 3000 people a year actual paying jobs and another 5000 into placements with potential job oucomes or apprenticeships with employers

As well as us making over 2million pounds a year in charitable donations and running our own charity programmes

I do totally agree with Chips overall aim, but once you get into the nitty gritty its very hard to drill down and actually do it.

I was just picking up on the comment about JSA as I happen to know a little about it

Overall the benefits system is fucked.

One of my main ideas as a PM would be to impose a 50% tax on people sending money abroad, ie all the immigrants that come over, earn money legally but send it all 'home' to their family
Old 22-09-2010, 06:30 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

The prison issue, serve the time you have been sentanced to by the jury, not the judges who are told how long they van bang you up for. Once you get that fixed term, if you behave, you are let out on time, if you fuck about, you get sent to solitary and your time is suspended until you come out of solitary, when the clock starts ticking again.

So if you get sent down for 12 months you do 12 months inside and if you fuck about and get sent to solitary for a month after the first month, your countdown timer to release stops at 11 months left until you have served your extra punishment for breaking prison rules and then it starts up again.

Keeps prisoners in check and, if policed properly, will keep the proper troublemakers inside for longer.

If you couple this to chain gang style work groups you will get the benifit of getting jobs done that we would otherwise have to pay the council to do, like cleaning the streets or digging ditches or moving grass verges etc.

As for the mp's, being an mp should be your only job, not be on a board of governers for the local coalmine or strip club on the side. If you are only doing one job then you won't be confused about the job you are doing
Old 22-09-2010, 06:44 PM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I would use all road tax and fuel duty solely (for x amount of years) to help improve the public transport infrastructure with the aim of reducing the reliance on using the roads for delivery of goods.

Quick Reply: Your first 5 acts as prime minister?