General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sky HD and Multiroom

Search this Thread

Old 22-10-2010, 07:58 AM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I`ve had sky+ for over a year now and the phone line has been plugged in once to order the boxing.

Other than that its been rolled up in the cupboard down stairs, i`ve had no problems at all.

So whats the big deal with it not being plugged in?

Im going for multi room soon with the hd up stairs in my room and my old sky+ box down stairs.

Does it matter what box gets plugged in or does it need to be both?

What happens if i dont?
Old 22-10-2010, 08:10 AM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rich_bloor
you can get round this by paying a one off £25 fee when you take out your subscription, this means no boxes have to be in the phone lines,

im an EX sky engineer.

on a single box but not on 2 or more

not multi room, you cant pay the 25 then have 2 boxes not connected
im ex sky too, cancelled loads of jobs cos they wanted multi room the day they moved in but telco wasnt in so couldnt do it
the call centre would tell us 'no way jose'

sometimes i'd done a whole install then found the fone line not connected, my fault but damn!
Old 22-10-2010, 08:13 AM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as for magic eye
turn the output on so you have power, if you have then try another eye, they are pretty shit and break easy

i have a job yesterday where they had a magioc eye amp goin to 8 tv's!! all magic eye and plud s remote but when out guys fitted em new tv's the magic eyes broke, not all but lots, the male connecter splits from the board
Old 22-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Ke1th
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA
I`ve had sky+ for over a year now and the phone line has been plugged in once to order the boxing.

Other than that its been rolled up in the cupboard down stairs, i`ve had no problems at all.

So whats the big deal with it not being plugged in?

Im going for multi room soon with the hd up stairs in my room and my old sky+ box down stairs.

Does it matter what box gets plugged in or does it need to be both?

What happens if i dont?
When you order a box office, the data is stored on the viewing card. Sky retrieve the details of this via a callback once per month, you're then billed appropriately. If you booked the boxing and then disconnected the telephone line straight away, then it will still be stored on the card and you will not have been charged for it - yet! When you get multroom installed it will trigger a callback and then it will be time to cough up

If you have multiroom installed, all boxes must be connected to ensure that the viewing card, that you're only paying £10 for is within the same household. If they're not all connected and it's picked up on Sky's system, you will be charged full price for each additional card.