General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mafia 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Mafia 2

Well I just finished it. ...well got as far as the game will allow you before it hangs on a loading screen at the end of chapter 14. I have also just discovered this is a problem being experienced on all platforms and has yet to be fixed and probably won't be as the developers spent $70million making the game and have seen about $25million in sales. So I think they are just going to ditch it and liquidate.
To be honest, they brough it on themselves, I was very dissapointed to find that they had made the game, then removed huge chunks to be released at later dates as download content for £6 per DLC pack, with 3 being announced.

So with this, you get something that would make a great film, but not such a great game as anything but the story missions have been removed so you play through the story, (as far as you can till it crashes) and thats your lot. Then if you want side missions thats an extra £6, and if you want to be able to drive all the cars you see in the game, thats an extra £4 and so on and so on.

What a let down..
Old 08-09-2010, 05:19 AM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got to chapter 14 last night turned it off is a ok game but does have its probs
Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome graphics, but got so many problems lol
Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
bbsheppo
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Well I just finished it. ...well got as far as the game will allow you before it hangs on a loading screen at the end of chapter 14. I have also just discovered this is a problem being experienced on all platforms and has yet to be fixed and probably won't be as the developers spent $70million making the game and have seen about $25million in sales. So I think they are just going to ditch it and liquidate.
To be honest, they brough it on themselves, I was very dissapointed to find that they had made the game, then removed huge chunks to be released at later dates as download content for £6 per DLC pack, with 3 being announced.

So with this, you get something that would make a great film, but not such a great game as anything but the story missions have been removed so you play through the story, (as far as you can till it crashes) and thats your lot. Then if you want side missions thats an extra £6, and if you want to be able to drive all the cars you see in the game, thats an extra £4 and so on and so on.

What a let down..
Thats a better review of the game than most magazine articles!

I was very disappointed with the demo, I think I'll remove it from my lovefilm rental list. Nice one
Old 08-09-2010, 09:34 AM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Which is chapter 14? I got to the end credits
Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 AM
J98 FYA
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i got to the end credits aswell?? just waiting for the dlc!! which should acully come with the game when u buy it.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Zetecfiesta
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iv not had one problem

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM
snOOpy86

sooooo, is it worth buying?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr_craig
Which is chapter 14? I got to the end credits
I think there is 16 chapters in total. Some people have not had the problem, but many have and unfortunately there is no fix. Some people say that when collecting money for bruno, dont rob any shops, just crush cars, others say the opposite, some people say you have to collect $1000 more than what you owe him etc etc... there doesnt seem to be an actual fix.

Originally Posted by J98 FYA
i got to the end credits aswell?? just waiting for the dlc!! which should acully come with the game when u buy it.
The DLC is out. £6.30 "Jimmy's Vendetta" It was releases on PC/Xbox yesterday. Ps3 owners could download it on the games release day.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by snOOpy86
sooooo, is it worth buying?
I'd rent it. I think most people could plod through it in around 8-10 hours and as I said earlier, once you have finished the story there is not alot else to do.

Unless of course you have it on PC were there has already been a "freeride" mod made.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
J98 FYA

yeah just noticed the dlc's out on the 360. its crap that there aint freemode on the 360 cus that annoyed the f**k out of me that i finished but i wanted todo the rest of the achievements
Old 08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah just noticed the dlc's out on the 360. its crap that there aint freemode on the 360 cus that annoyed the f**k out of me that i finished but i wanted todo the rest of the achievements
yeah that was one thing that was actually removed from the game before release. The PC version you just have to change a few lines in a main GUI file and the main menu has the freeroam options enabled.

No doubt it will pop up on the market place for a couple of quid.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
J98 FYA

Yeah no doubt. Ill probaly just start a new game an not finish it so quickly!!
You on Xbox or PC???? I want to goto pc but its the cost of upgrading the blooming thing that puts me off!!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah no doubt. Ill probaly just start a new game an not finish it so quickly!!
You on Xbox or PC???? I want to goto pc but its the cost of upgrading the blooming thing that puts me off!!
I have it on PC. Can use my 360 controller which makes the controls a bit nicer for driving. It is a system killer though because of the "Physx" involved. However, few tweaks in the apex folder soon got it running smooth as the Physx is a killer on all GPU's as it just wasn't programed too well. Just had to remove it from all NPC's to get the framerate higher, and tbh I havnt noticed how their clothes move in comparison so its no biggy.
I'm only running a single gtx260 and I see 32fps minimum.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
J98 FYA

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I have it on PC. Can use my 360 controller which makes the controls a bit nicer for driving. It is a system killer though because of the "Physx" involved. However, few tweaks in the apex folder soon got it running smooth as the Physx is a killer on all GPU's as it just wasn't programed too well. Just had to remove it from all NPC's to get the framerate higher, and tbh I havnt noticed how their clothes move in comparison so its no biggy.
I'm only running a single gtx260 and I see 32fps minimum.
You have just confuddled the hell out of me lmfao!!! All i know about the computer is install it an play lol!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:08 AM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

i got to chapter 15 yesterday still going lol
Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DAN P
i got to chapter 15 yesterday still going lol
ahhh you git. It seems to be just random. some people can get past 14, some can't. I'm one of the lucky few that can't. I have replayed the chapter 4 times now as well
Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

doh yea i robed one shop sold 3 cars and i got his money
Old 09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I finished it all last night, no problems. I crushed cars to get the money. Thought it was a great game, was really short though.

In the box for my ps3, it had a code to download Jimmys Vendetta free. Had a go of that last night. Wouldn't bother with it it's not great.

Might play the game again on the hardest level for the trophies though
Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
tsutton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I'm on Chapter 11... now you've got me worried!

But then I got Mafia II for free from someone, so I'm not bothered, but then I want to finish the story

Guess I'll have to wait & see! I'm on PC platform, via Steam.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tsutton
I'm on Chapter 11... now you've got me worried!

But then I got Mafia II for free from someone, so I'm not bothered, but then I want to finish the story

Guess I'll have to wait & see! I'm on PC platform, via Steam.
Yeah one of my mates bought it for 360 and is experiencing the same stuck on chapter 14 bug. At least it only cost £20 on PC instead of £45!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by P_is_for_Paul
I finished it all last night, no problems. I crushed cars to get the money. Thought it was a great game, was really short though.
That seems to be the fix for a few people. Just crush cars instead of robbing shops as well. Unfortunately I have tried both with no luck!

Most reviews said the game is about 10 hours to finish. Its quite short for a sandbox style game, but not for a game in general. The average length for games these days is 6-8 hours single player campaigns, unless its a COD game then its about 2 hours

I think in a way that helps the game. It focuses on just the story so you get sucked into it and want to find out what happens next. An example of th eopposite is GTA4, they put so many random missions into it that after 4-5 hours of playing you have forgotten what you are doing and where you are going.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well I managed to finish it after retrying chapter 14 nine times. On the 9th time it just worked
Wish I hadn't have bothered now. WORST ENDING EVER!. after the huge cinematic detail of the story throughout, the end cutscene must have been put together in a few minutes. Talk about anticlimax.

just read a few reviews on Jimmy's Vendetta and it sounds awful, no story, a hand full of missions and the objective is to string together headshots and finish the missions as quikc as possible?!? making it into an arcade game :/
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
MrBroadside

Im on around chapter 13, but everytime i go see the dude about the cars he has no work??, Ive robbed no shops didnt know you could??? Does this happen later in the game?

Cheers
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 AM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I didn't know how to rob shops either. But you don't need to see him for work, just park a car in the crusher and job done.

I wouldn't bother buying it to be honest, just rent it. I don't really play games and aren't exactly good at them but i finished it it 10 hours. Even with a bit of messing around.
Old 13-09-2010, 11:49 AM
tsutton

Finished it last Sunday - what a shit ending. :/
Old 13-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tsutton
Finished it last Sunday - what a shit ending. :/
After spending essentially $70million on a single player game, and all the cinematic effort between chapters I was expecting a decent way to wrap it all up. It was terrible.