General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mondeo st200

Search this Thread

Old 26-08-2010, 09:19 PM
diyboy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mondeo st200

hello to every one befor i start i dont know if i have put this in the right place so if i havent please put me right

right could any one of you tell me where i can find my obd2 plug on my mondeo st200 just got a new reader but cant find plug for it any help would be great
Old 26-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

under the dash, near the steering column
Old 26-08-2010, 09:23 PM
diyboy
Virgin

i have just been under there for about half and hour lmao could not see is it right up the back thanks
Old 26-08-2010, 10:00 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there may be a cover on it, buts its under the drivers side dash panel, sort around centre ish
Old 26-08-2010, 10:06 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The OBD 'rules' mean they have to be accessed easily and without tools. IIRC it's behind a flap on the drivers side lower dash - it's not tucked up behind the dash.
Old 26-08-2010, 10:06 PM
diyboy
Virgin

Originally Posted by xr4x4rs
there may be a cover on it, buts its under the drivers side dash panel, sort around centre ish

ok thanks for that ill look in the morring its pooring down of rain at the min have you ever used one of them readers
Old 26-08-2010, 10:09 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by diyboy
ok thanks for that ill look in the morring its pooring down of rain at the min have you ever used one of them readers
Be aware that not all readers read all the codes! But generally you just plug them in and they guide you what to do. What's wrong with the car?
Old 26-08-2010, 10:25 PM
diyboy
Virgin

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Be aware that not all readers read all the codes! But generally you just plug them in and they guide you what to do. What's wrong with the car?

not runing good at all miss fireing little lumpy and i went out in it the othere day on way to work and it ran like it was runing out of fuel so i put more in and still the same then just stalled would not start after that so got it home left it for a bit went out and started it seem ok then take it for a run same thing i got to my brothers then atfter about fouty min went started it come home it was ok and been ok since so ben two day all ok for now so got a reader and ill start from there this the reader i got not sure if any good though

U581 Diagnostic Fault Code Reader Scanner CAN OBD2 EOBD
Old 26-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

coil pack, plug leads, plugs, fuel filter, thats what id be checking
Old 26-08-2010, 10:53 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Agree with Fiddy. They tend to eat HT leads and coil packs, so unless they're relatively recent, I'd be looking there first.
Old 30-08-2010, 09:57 PM
diyboy
Virgin

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Agree with Fiddy. They tend to eat HT leads and coil packs, so unless they're relatively recent, I'd be looking there first.
got leads on order so going to try them i got my code reader plug it was fix on the bottom under the steering wheel so thanks for helping me find it and all that was on there was my egr valve said it was low dont know what that is but will have to find out
Old 30-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

got leads on order so going to try them i got my code reader plug it was fix on the bottom under the steering wheel so thanks for helping me find it and all that was on there was my egr valve said it was low dont know what that is but will have to find out
EGR Valve is the Exhaust Gas Recircultation Valve, its near the top of the UIM near the bulk head. blank it off with an EGR blanking plate, you dont need it, all it does is block up the UIM, LIM with shite, its only there to keep the emmisions down and keep the eco warriors happy. its adviseable to remove the UIM, LIM, and clean them out before you do it, clean the secondaries out aswel while your on, will make the car run better as ill guarantee they have never been cleaned out, and will be full of shite. cleaned mine out, the car was like night and day, runs a lot better now.
Old 31-08-2010, 12:28 AM
diyboy
Virgin

Originally Posted by Fiddy
EGR Valve is the Exhaust Gas Recircultation Valve, its near the top of the UIM near the bulk head. blank it off with an EGR blanking plate, you dont need it, all it does is block up the UIM, LIM with shite, its only there to keep the emmisions down and keep the eco warriors happy. its adviseable to remove the UIM, LIM, and clean them out before you do it, clean the secondaries out aswel while your on, will make the car run better as ill guarantee they have never been cleaned out, and will be full of shite. cleaned mine out, the car was like night and day, runs a lot better now.
ah ok mate thanks for that if i do that will it still be ok for the mot and what this secondaries as i am just a novice at the mechanics as all my othere car have just been baby compare to this one so i do feel lost lol
Old 31-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

ah ok mate thanks for that if i do that will it still be ok for the mot and what this secondaries as i am just a novice at the mechanics as all my othere car have just been baby compare to this one so i do feel lost lol
yes mate, it will still sail through the mot. the secondaires open at around 3.5K revs. when you have full throttle, and around 3.5K revs you feel that big pick up in power, that is the secondaires opening. the engine is a big old thing to look at, and can be intimedating at first, it fills the engine bay, and there are lots of pipes and hoses, but once you get to know there ins and outs, there actually, pretty simple old things.
Old 31-08-2010, 09:38 PM
diyboy
Virgin

Originally Posted by Fiddy
yes mate, it will still sail through the mot. the secondaires open at around 3.5K revs. when you have full throttle, and around 3.5K revs you feel that big pick up in power, that is the secondaires opening. the engine is a big old thing to look at, and can be intimedating at first, it fills the engine bay, and there are lots of pipes and hoses, but once you get to know there ins and outs, there actually, pretty simple old things.

yeah you ant kidding when you say it fills the eng bay but i will give that a go going to take it to bits at the week end i have all so booked a Rolling Road Session as well got that on the 14th september so i hope that will give me an idea of whats going on with the eng and get what ever needs sorting out sorted i hope and its something i have wanted to do as i have never seen one for reall so should be fun as well it ant a bad car for a ford lol and i have had some bad ones