General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

is it just me.........

Search this Thread

Old 16-08-2010, 05:20 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it just me.........

or are things getting harder and harder for lots of english people.im really struggling at the mo-mortgage,bills,food,fuel and business bills.never known it this bad in years.

the only people i see shopping round here are albanian or polish,the only businesses that seem to be flourishing are the albanian barbers,car washes and most of the taxi drivers,fast food outlets are now owned by the same sort.how are they getting the funding to set up these things?

is it the same all over the uk now?
Old 16-08-2010, 05:21 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup!
Old 16-08-2010, 05:22 PM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Yup multi national britian
Old 16-08-2010, 05:34 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

there a new corner shop every weekend when i go down warrington goverment love then

Last edited by dingla rs; 16-08-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 16-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

They send it all back home! No a Polish lad works 7 nights a week, 12-15 hour shifts (Illegal I no) He buys a couple of cheap loafs of bread and som other stuff and thats all he spends on food. Ł70 a week rent for a room and thats all his expenses. When he goes back in a few years he will be minted living of our money!!!
Old 16-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Yeh welcome to my world. Me and the mrs both have good jobs but we are struggling to live. Got c bank loan a credit card to pay off. Got c mortgage too. Just sick of struggling through life these past few years. think it will get worse for people when the vat gets raised.
Old 16-08-2010, 05:45 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

i was struggling between end of March and up until about 3 weeks ago, because i had no job

got one now thankfully and things are looking up for me, thankfully i'm debt free (apart from mortgage) got some disposable income for a change

hope things pick up for you soon Jay
Old 16-08-2010, 05:46 PM
rs-tuner
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
or are things getting harder and harder for lots of english people.im really struggling at the mo-mortgage,bills,food,fuel and business bills.never known it this bad in years.

the only people i see shopping round here are albanian or polish,the only businesses that seem to be flourishing are the albanian barbers,car washes and most of the taxi drivers,fast food outlets are now owned by the same sort.how are they getting the funding to set up these things?

is it the same all over the uk now?
i dont think they like to pay tax if they can get away with it
Old 16-08-2010, 05:46 PM
JK12

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

correct quite a few do send it home, but have money to spend here as we pay for their houses!!! Thats why its wrong over here! Mind you the english ponses who have it all paid and dont work dont help either!!! Rant over lol
Old 16-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Same down here, they seem to be taking over the high street shops with foreign food and barbers shops, although my work is still very busy at the mo i think it will come to a slow down sooner or later.

Steve
Old 16-08-2010, 05:54 PM
steves24V's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep its the same down here in suffolk my dad gave up his shop because the rent went up so much but 6 months later it was turned in to a take away and notan english person in there (nice food tho lol) strange getting my dinner from my dads electonics shop.
Old 16-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Welcome to the Labour Party's multicultural dream!!!
Old 16-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here they are bl**dy everywhere, they are also doing community service in the local charity shops which annoys me, you break our laws you should lose the right to be here or is that just me being stupid ?
Also if they work here for 11 months and sod off home for a month they can claim there taxes they have paid back so we get even more screwed in this country.
Old 16-08-2010, 06:39 PM
ronf42
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I get the feeling that as can be well known, you get more money for being out of work in certian circumstances, that a minority british attitude can be that people will not get out of bed for Ł5.73 an hour.
Plenty of jobs out there offering that wage, but you get the foreign workers coming in, snapping them up. they then work there arses off taking every hour that they are given, raking in the cash to send back home whilst keeping a small amount to survive on till the following payday.
Am I wrong to assume that some lazy brits could in a small way be as much to blame, for the "lack of well paying jobs"
Old 16-08-2010, 06:46 PM
jamie's

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

not any better up here in glasgow mate
Old 16-08-2010, 06:48 PM
jamie's

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ronf42
I get the feeling that as can be well known, you get more money for being out of work in certian circumstances, that a minority british attitude can be that people will not get out of bed for Ł5.73 an hour.
Plenty of jobs out there offering that wage, but you get the foreign workers coming in, snapping them up. they then work there arses off taking every hour that they are given, raking in the cash to send back home whilst keeping a small amount to survive on till the following payday.
Am I wrong to assume that some lazy brits could in a small way be as much to blame, for the "lack of well paying jobs"
got to agree,
to many lazy cunts out there happy to live on hand outs,
i pay my own way and wouldn't have it any other day
Old 16-08-2010, 06:53 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

its the same up here with the hand car washed and shops ect, im lucky in a way havent got a mortgage or any real debts but im still really struggling at the mo even just petrol ect i peddle to work when i can doesnt help that im on minumum wage with no chance of a payrise anytime soon my work has just taken on 2 foreign lasses probs get more then me!
Old 16-08-2010, 06:54 PM
daveselwood

if there muslims they get a start up grant free from the government
Old 16-08-2010, 07:57 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by daveselwood
if there muslims they get a start up grant free from the government
what is the truth with all these supposed grants for eastern europeans-i hear all sorts about them being given 2 grand for a car,decorating grant,housing,food vouchers etc

can anyone tell me exactly what they do get?

my dad is 60,has just gone in for a small op and has been told he cant work for 6 weeks.he is self emplyed and has tried to get sick pay-apparently its a real ball-ache trying to get anything!
Old 16-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

dont even get me started on this sort of shit! the street i work in has gone completely foreign in the space of 3 years!and they are all driving bm's,audis,merc etc,
Old 16-08-2010, 08:04 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Now I've been told by a pretty reliable source that the ethnics basically get interest free loans from each other,but when they get on their feet they need to do the same,and of course lack of tax,the underhand business techniques they use etc gets them a leg up.as you know in business a lot of things you get a good element of credit on to start up,rates,banking etc. They do a year and just fuck off!!

As for struggling your not alone jay,I've had a year of horrors myself trying to run my own bodyshop as there's just fuck all out there.I've tried all sorts but just no joy,business rates,rent,wages,materials,just couldn't make it work so I'm going back on my sparky tools and I can't wait,I'm literally counting down the days til I fuck it off,also were emigrating out to Canada now as I've just had about as much as I can take of this shithole of a country.

I've been employed since I was 12 and never been out of work,the tax I've paid is scary but now I can see why people go on the dole/sick and never bother working,just hobbling from time to time.

It's not my idea of how I want to live my life so I'll avoid it as long as possible,but sometimes it's very tempting to become a doley!!
So if anyone wants any bodyshop stuff,send me a pm!!!!
Old 16-08-2010, 08:05 PM
THEDMAN

I agree with a lot of the sentiment on here BUT...

...they are doing the jobs, that a lot of people in this country think they are above!

It makes my blood boil when you hear of scum/chav's/neds/smackheads who will not take a job at Ł25k because they make more in benefits!
Old 16-08-2010, 08:06 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by Bullett
dont even get me started on this sort of shit! the street i work in has gone completely foreign in the space of 3 years!and they are all driving bm's,audis,merc etc,

sounds exactly like where i live full of them in range rovers ect looking down their noses at us im only 21 but worked since leaving school and payed for everything i own threw saving up and makes me sick that they just get it given (apparently)
Old 16-08-2010, 08:08 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its so bloody sickening and its only going to get worse. What state is this country going to be in in about 10yrs time? Very very worrying. A big contributor to this country being in such debt is probably where we're paying for all these foreigners. Employers love them coz they work their arse off for less than what they'd have to pay a english employer. We're all fucked. What i also question is the amount of young girls who are having a baby just so they get given a house and benefits etc. Its a good game isnt it, have a baby then basically get set up for life.
Old 16-08-2010, 08:08 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by THEDMAN
I agree with a lot of the sentiment on here BUT...

...they are doing the jobs, that a lot of people in this country think they are above!

It makes my blood boil when you hear of scum/chav's/neds/smackheads who will not take a job at Ł25k because they make more in benefits!
fook me i get 10k a year id take someones arm off for that
Old 16-08-2010, 08:09 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by EssexMikeSi
its so bloody sickening and its only going to get worse. What state is this country going to be in in about 10yrs time? Very very worrying. A big contributor to this country being in such debt is probably where we're paying for all these foreigners. Employers love them coz they work their arse off for less than what they'd have to pay a english employer. We're all fucked. What i also question is the amount of young girls who are having a baby just so they get given a house and benefits etc. Its a good game isnt it, have a baby then basically get set up for life.
TOTALLY agree with that!
Old 16-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughant
Now I've been told by a pretty reliable source that the ethnics basically get interest free loans from each other,but when they get on their feet they need to do the same,and of course lack of tax,the underhand business techniques they use etc gets them a leg up.as you know in business a lot of things you get a good element of credit on to start up,rates,banking etc. They do a year and just fuck off!!

As for struggling your not alone jay,I've had a year of horrors myself trying to run my own bodyshop as there's just fuck all out there.I've tried all sorts but just no joy,business rates,rent,wages,materials,just couldn't make it work so I'm going back on my sparky tools and I can't wait,I'm literally counting down the days til I fuck it off,also were emigrating out to Canada now as I've just had about as much as I can take of this shithole of a country.

I've been employed since I was 12 and never been out of work,the tax I've paid is scary but now I can see why people go on the dole/sick and never bother working,just hobbling from time to time.

It's not my idea of how I want to live my life so I'll avoid it as long as possible,but sometimes it's very tempting to become a doley!!
So if anyone wants any bodyshop stuff,send me a pm!!!!
Gonna probly do the same myself

How far have you got with the emmigration process and how have you found it

Also where abouts are you aiming for in canada?

D.
Old 16-08-2010, 08:54 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if i got offered a job for 25k a year i would start tomorrow.
im sick of never being able to switch off,worrying every waking hour about money,seeing this country fall apart bit by bit and no-one seems to give a shit.

my dad is a builder and has never been without work,he is very good at his job and has always had at least 6 months of work in adavnce.he isnt greedy and is very clean and hasnt had to advertise for 10 years-all his work is from reccomendations and word of mouth.
he has had one job in the last 6 months-luckily he is comfortable and house paid etc so he is ok,but even he is panicking.

i know im fucked and it only seems a matter of time before i have to throw the towel in.i have a big mortgage(over 800 quid),the usual loan/credit card,along with all the other business expenses like rent/rates.every month is getting harder and harder and ive lost a fortune over the last 12 months,just trying to keep my head above water
Old 16-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Welcome to the Labour Party's multicultural dream!!!
Could not have said it better myself.

Tossers!
Old 16-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

im sick of never being able to switch off,worrying every waking hour about money,seeing this country fall apart bit by bit and no-one seems to give a shit.

my dad is a builder and has never been without work,he is very good at his job and has always had at least 6 months of work in adavnce.he isnt greedy and is very clean and hasnt had to advertise for 10 years-all his work is from reccomendations and word of mouth.
he has had one job in the last 6 months-luckily he is comfortable and house paid etc so he is ok,but even he is panicking.

i know im fucked and it only seems a matter of time before i have to throw the towel in.i have a big mortgage(over 800 quid),the usual loan/credit card,along with all the other business expenses like rent/rates.every month is getting harder and harder and ive lost a fortune over the last 12 months,just trying to keep my head above water
Dont know you but Feel for you Jay.

Ive given up on cars thats why i bought the M5, Luckily i never went cars full time like i nearly did in the boom and have a well paid job to fall back on.

You never know it may all pick up again.
Old 16-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Robski

as said before,all the downfall of Mr Blair's grand plan....get enough in,at some point they will be able to vote...and,hey presto....loads more guaranted votes.

As for grants etc,all are true...i know car dealers that have had a 4k goverment cheque's waved under thier noses from some imagrant family.

My cousin live in Northampton and he's a driving instructor,not only did the state pay for as many driving lessons required to get this polish woman through her test,they also paid for a f***ing interpretor to sit in the back for EVERY lesson.....broken britain.....the damage is already done
Old 16-08-2010, 09:14 PM
220tel
PassionFord Regular

i feel your pain jay
i have always had reasonable cars st220 in 2005 then a new focus st in 2006 and another in 2007 the last two all paid for and brand new
now they have gone and so has the cash to pay for the ever increasing cost of living here
everything is going up week by week
my work has gone down hill and i am constantly draining my savings to the point that they have almost gone
i have a wife and 3 kids to support and would dearly love to move abroad now as i cant see it getting better for at least another 18 months
Old 16-08-2010, 09:18 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

would hate to be self employed just now.im very lucky that out overtime has started back up in the past few months so money isnt a worry luckily.really feel for people who are struggling just now and it must be one hell of a weight on your shoulders.
Old 16-08-2010, 09:18 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

whats it like living in guernsey out of interest. Sorry if ive incorrectly spelt it there. Is there much work over there? Can anybody just go and live there?
Old 16-08-2010, 09:35 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i know im fucked and it only seems a matter of time before i have to throw the towel in.i have a big mortgage(over 800 quid),the usual loan/credit
card,along with all the other business expenses like rent/rates.every month is getting harder and harder and ive lost a fortune over the last 12 months,just trying to keep my head above water
nightmare isn't it?not telling you what to do as I know nothing really about you other than your a hard working guy who's very fair with your car prices,but would it not be sensible to take up a part time job and carry on selling motors on the side?it shouldn't be too hard to drop out of the system as you've already set up your contacts etc in the trade,insurances etc.

The public are being total cunts at the moment as well,fueled up by prickish programs like the one with that cunt dominic littlewood in it telling you to barter for everything,generally with us traders we like to move things on fast so when we say a price,that's the price,remember,were married to the car for 6months!!!

The amount of timewasters you must deal with right now is probably incredible,there's plenty on here,if I sell this,I'll buy yours etc total bollocks,lots of dreamers.

Personally I'm going back to doing what I did before,and did well out of it,buying shitters,getting them up to scratch,using them for a bit and selling them on at a nice profit.keep it going and eventually your getting free motoring with cash in the bank and now I know my stuff with bodywork I can buy damaged bits and do the work meeself,I've made some nice contacts in the game so I'm in the perfect place to nip under the radar and keep it low.if I can get an extra Ł5-600 per month out of it then that's my mortgage sorted.

Good luck with what you do mate,I'm sure you'll be successful in it all,you've never tried to take the piss on a car that I've seen so that makes you a genuine guy in my book.
Old 16-08-2010, 09:50 PM
roscom
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Things are tight here as well.

The wife is a stay at home mum as we have young kids but I have a pretty well paid job and up until just after xmas always had money spare at the end of the month etc.Since then its gone downhill pretty fast.I had a good payrise in april but things are worse than ever at the moment,always scratching about for cash at the end of the month.

Shite times.
Old 16-08-2010, 10:23 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

been running our firm for 10 years and this is the first year we have seen a MASSIVE drop in business, to the point that all those years of saving seem to have been a waste of time as the money gets gobbled up. We may even have to cut staff which is the last thing we want to do.

what really hacks me off if that we are flooded with immigrants who are not paying towards the country and just stripping it, whilst the pc do gooders fight to protect them and the 'rights'?

Adding to that are all the lazy arse brits who as said, see no reason to work, why would they, they can laze around all day getting benefits and doing a bit of cash in hand and they are better off than a working man with a much easier life.

What really hacks me off is that they think they are entitled to it and cannot comprehend that it is US that pays for them to do it, they see it as the governments money - where does that come from you thick c...s?

Personally I think it will only get worse as there is not a chance anyone in power will have the balls to put it right. After years of playing Mr pay his way, it makes you feel like being one of the ones that bleed the system.
Old 16-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Im very comfortable financially at the moment, but Im very much of the opinion that when I stop my current job im going to be royally fucked for finding anything on similar money.
Old 16-08-2010, 10:27 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

we are too easy with these fookers we need to start being heavy handed with them

tell them where to go, they have always been unemployed people, but we have never seen anything like this before
Old 16-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Danster76

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by Danster76; 16-08-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Recycle

Quick Reply: is it just me.........