General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

is it just me.........

Search this Thread

Old 18-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is, people don't see luxuries as luxuries anymore, they see them as essentials.

I don't believe the bubble has fully burst yet, plenty more hard working people who are going to suffer as a result of the downturn.
Old 18-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
the 5 houses a few doors down from me have all be rented out to the council on between £1400-£1800 a month rent

if i were to rent my house out, which has another bedroom, a garden front and rear, off street parking AND a garage, i'd only get £1200, so somoene is paying over the odds and getting a nice handshake somewhere along hte line, but who do you complain to when the ruels state you can get that much money?
well thats the council for being fucking stupid isnt it. the council should assess each rent based on the rent in the local area rather than just thier paper figures. If as you say its only worth 1200 a month then it wont be that hard to find out that figure and thus saving loads of money.
Originally Posted by Mike C
Not if you have any aspirations to have a comfortable lifestyle and enjoy life it's not!
exactly. you need at least £35k to have a comfortable lifestyle, perhaps more even. £35k is achievable as a couple. then you have to choose what to do if you have kids, hence why the birth rate in amongst the higher earning working population is lower than the lower class's who can rely on benefits to meet the difference.
Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
one thing how many on here have actually tried living on £60 a week ? it aint easy trust me
you can live easily on £60 a week. but thats live. luxuries etc arent available to you. eating out in the chippy once a week, tesco value lager, internet and mobile phones etc are all luxuries we dont need and are not paid for on JSA.
Old 18-08-2010, 03:44 PM
cozy777
PassionFord Regular

shit looks the same every were i got made redundant in feb from my 40k a year job just trying to start up myself now but its hard and if yoou aint an imagrant then there aint no help countrys run against us brits now , ive worked since leaving school 22 years ago never been out of work and never claimed a penny
Old 18-08-2010, 09:55 PM
tpaul
Regular Contributor

ive got a mortgage, car, single dad, im in full time employment and im on 16k per annum. I have tried to claim working benefit and was told where to go as im earning too much. Currently i have no life at all and can only just afford to cover everything. I have to buy the cheapest of food etc i dont drink at all anymore and have been out once in the last year.I have never smoked
If it wasnt for my 7yr old daughter i would have topped myself by now im so depressed.
I know of a mates ex girlfriend who works 16 hours per week on min wage and with everything she is claiming she gets 1400 per month and i know of many others in my area.
It makes me sick and ive worked full time since i was 15. When i was 18 i had a bike accident and broke my neck and back. I returned back to work as soon as i could, i have struggled for years physically and mentally to hold down a job but im seriously contemplating on going on the sick myself im that pissed off
This country is all too fook
rant over
Paul
Old 19-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

paul surely your not claiming everything your entitled to then??
Old 19-08-2010, 01:55 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

i can understand why fordsportjay is feeling the pinch, your in an industry thats very much based on community, being known and trust worthy in the community for people to want to buy cars off you. As is the same in many trades, plumbing,building etc.

The "english" community is very much on its way out the door, so its becomming harder and harder for english people in these trades to find work as dispite what the govenment say about intigration it doesnt happen.
why do you think there are polish/albanian/muslim/indian communities that all stick together, they give each other work use each others trade as thats what they know.
You can't blame them for that, theyre just taking advantage of a good thing.

regardless of what the pc brigade say people will always stick to who/what they know and feel comfortable with, you'd much rather buy a car from someone whos part of your culture then someones whos not.
Old 19-08-2010, 09:32 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

very true,there is a polish guy opened up near me doing car repairs.he has vary basic set up,hardly any tools from what i can see and he is busy as fuck fixing cars owned by polish people.
Old 19-08-2010, 02:55 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

I do feel for you though, as everyone whos bought cars off you all say how decent and trust worthy you are, which is rare in the car industry. i've been looking for a car myself and its hard enough to find a decent car let alone someone who seems trust worthy to buy from.

The only thing i can suggest is you reform your business in some way to reach a wider customer, maybe selling spares on ebay or something along those lines. If you can't sell to your surroundings communities then you need to be able to reach ones that you can. the internets obviously a great tool for this and seing as you already have a reputation on this forum and maybe others, means you've got something to build on

gone off topic i know but good luck anyways.
Old 19-08-2010, 03:22 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

It is hard out there at the moment and getting worse IMO

My main line of work has nearly dried up to a point I am working for far less money and doing more hours.

I could get a better job further away but hate daily traveling and even a 30 minute local drive (15 miles) every day is a pain in the arse !

I also run a nightclub at the weekends but that isnt making much money at the moment due to less disposable income of the customers and the rediculous cheap drink offers and free entry we have to give just to get feet through the door !

I have infact restarted my old business to help make ends meet..LOL
** This is most definitely not a for sale advert

Last edited by ECU Monitor Enthusiast; 19-08-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 19-08-2010, 07:08 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah,it's pretty shitty as they say in twin town right now.had a nice pick up today,put a ton twenty in my pocket after costs from picking up a car for a mate.I was going to sell the trailor but after a chat with the missus this could be something to do to bring the extra cash in over the next few months as I'm hoping to get on a 4x4 shift pattern with 18 days off every 7 weeks so one or two of them would be nice.
Old 21-08-2010, 01:18 PM
GrimV8
Smokin'

Mate of mine is in the throws of Bankruptcy, he says they're so busy they can't fit him in for 2 weeks every time he needs an update on his case