General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

is it just me.........

Search this Thread

Old 16-08-2010, 11:04 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Agree with a lot of whats been said. But for me it's not just the foreigners.

Why the fuck should anyone who chooses to claim benifits and not work be better off than someone who goes out every day to work. Obviously i'm not including disabilities and such like in that as anyone who genuinely can't work deserves help and i'm more than happy for them to recieve it.

Can't see what some waste of space cunt who does nothing should be better off than honest hard working people. If your fit enough to work then go and fucking do it.
Old 16-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Danster76
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-/:
Old 16-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyrs
its the same up here with the hand car washed
the flip side of it is that these car washes wouldnt survive if british folk wernt too fucking lazy to wash thier car for pennies at home!!! its our own lazy faults for so many takeaways and car washes opening up, they simply wouldnt exist without the demand.

plus too many lazy people who would rather live on benefits than wash cars for minimum wage.
Originally Posted by vaughant
I'm literally counting down the days til I fuck it off,also were emigrating out to Canada now as I've just had about as much as I can take of this shithole of a country.
doesnt that make you just the same as the immigrants coming here???

Originally Posted by THEDMAN
...they are doing the jobs, that a lot of people in this country think they are above!

It makes my blood boil when you hear of scum/chav's/neds/smackheads who will not take a job at £25k because they make more in benefits!
exactly!! the benefits system needs paring down so people arent so well off. and that includes forced labour to earn your benefits.

the CHAV cunts can then starve and die on the streets if they refuse to work.

Originally Posted by matts1
What really hacks me off is that they think they are entitled to it and cannot comprehend that it is US that pays for them to do it, they see it as the governments money - where does that come from you thick c...s?
Scroungers just dont give a shit. In thier lifespan they full well know they will be fine on benefits. And if things get harsh they will fake another illness etc or do shoplifting etc safe in the knowledge the justice system isnt equiped to punish them!
Old 17-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham S1
Welcome to the Labour Party's multicultural dream!!!
Yeah, party for the workers eh? What workers? Eastern European one's obviously...

Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
Same here they are bl**dy everywhere, they are also doing community service in the local charity shops which annoys me, you break our laws you should lose the right to be here or is that just me being stupid ?
Also if they work here for 11 months and sod off home for a month they can claim there taxes they have paid back so we get even more screwed in this country.
Feel bad for you in Northants, I was born there and left a few years back an even then it was full of this sort

Originally Posted by jamie's
got to agree,
to many lazy cunts out there happy to live on hand outs,
i pay my own way and wouldn't have it any other day
Originally Posted by xr_craig
Agree with a lot of whats been said. But for me it's not just the foreigners.

Why the fuck should anyone who chooses to claim benifits and not work be better off than someone who goes out every day to work. Obviously i'm not including disabilities and such like in that as anyone who genuinely can't work deserves help and i'm more than happy for them to recieve it.

Can't see what some waste of space cunt who does nothing should be better off than honest hard working people. If your fit enough to work then go and fucking do it.
Same, personally I see my neighbour, a hard working, honest, law abiding, polite man who was born in Hungary as more "British" than a scrounger who doesnt want to work but born here. IMO home is where the heart is and not simply the rock you were born on.

Originally Posted by THEDMAN
I agree with a lot of the sentiment on here BUT...

...they are doing the jobs, that a lot of people in this country think they are above!

It makes my blood boil when you hear of scum/chav's/neds/smackheads who will not take a job at £25k because they make more in benefits!
I am looking for work everywhere and will do anything, car washing, cleaning, anything.

I hate work snobs, like my sister who won't work at a local job because she'll have to clean toilets, which she doesn't want to do. I don't talk to her
Old 17-08-2010, 12:12 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF..

http://www.polishforums.com/archives...-ireland-6759/

Old link but there first year in the uk is tax free and NI free

If your shit jobs not Taxed To death

You walk away with your gross wage in your arse pocket

Last edited by SS1; 17-08-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 17-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordmad!
They send it all back home! No a Polish lad works 7 nights a week, 12-15 hour shifts (Illegal I no) He buys a couple of cheap loafs of bread and som other stuff and thats all he spends on food. £70 a week rent for a room and thats all his expenses. When he goes back in a few years he will be minted living of our money!!!
You mean the money he's worked bloody hard for???

Also there is no law against using exchange rates to your advantage. If he works that many hours a week good luck to him I say. Try and find an English person that will work that hard?!?
Old 17-08-2010, 01:11 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cragrat
Gonna probly do the same myself

How far have you got with the emmigration process and how have you found it

Also where abouts are you aiming for in canada?

D.

Hi mate,what do you want to know?so far were at a very early stage but I'm at an advantage as I'm an industrial spark so my job is on "the list".If your not sure what that means then try a website called www.britishexpats.com but basically Canada has an immigration program with 29 priority occupations on it,hence "the list". A lot of people think that cos ur a doctor or lawyer you'll walk in but that's not the case.you a cook?your on the list!!bus driver?on the list,solicitor?no chance!!

You have 3 basic options,pr,twp and pnp also if your below 30 there's bunac.

1r or permanent residency,the preffered option for anyone trying as it does what it says,makes you a permenant resident in Canada.takes anywhere from 6 months to 5 years!!!you apply,do meds etc but you can only apply for pr if your on the list.

2:twp or temporary work permit.you can get one of these to work in Canada on a temporary basis PROVIDING.

- the job has been advertised across Canada for over three months.
- is not below the AVERAGE wage for that area AND job type
- service Canada accept that the employer meets all their criteria.

This lasts for up to a year or so usually.

3np or provincial nominee program is where a particular state in Canada requires your skill and therefore will get you out there to work specifically in their state,they'll then do all the paperwork etc for you,this is how I hope to get out there as it saves hassle,although your tied to that state for x number of years.

I'm not sure about bunac as it's irrelevant to us so a bit of research may help there. For me as a spark my average wage in Ontario would be $29 per hour,not too shabby!!!
Old 17-08-2010, 01:33 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm literally counting down the days til I fuck it off,also were emigrating out to Canada now as I've just had about as much as I can take of this shithole of a country.
doesnt that make you just the same as the immigrants coming here???

I hope that's a joke,I'm not going over there in the back of a fucking ERF!!!plus I don't get a free car,house,healthcare etc,you have to PAY out there,something this country could learn a bit from!!!it's not quite America standards out there where you pay for everything,but you only get the basic care for free,you pay for anything better.

You also pay for everything else really,unlike here!!!!You need at least $17000
to start out there even if you get a job so you can support yourself if YOU lose it,not the case with mr carwash cunt !!!
Old 17-08-2010, 03:20 AM
mac82
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

FFS!!!!! was writing a massive reply & pressed the wrong button lol. well i shudnt try & type while ive had a drink lol. will reply abit later on lol.
Old 17-08-2010, 07:11 AM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my aunt and uncle live in canada, maybe i should have sweet talked them into getting me into the country a long time ago.
Old 17-08-2010, 07:27 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive said it before.
bring the army home from iraq and afganistan.pay them to go through the uk towns finding all the people who shouldnt be here.then they can protect our borders.
all the eastern europeans who have come into the uk in the last 2 years-explain to them that the country is too full and sadly they have to leave for the forseeable future.
stop paying all the lazy uk residents all these benefits and give them the jobs that the e.u workers have left behind.
IF there is still jobs available,invite the e.u workers back to take those jobs,but they and their families are not allowed benefits for 2 years and if they need medical help they have to pay a contribution towards it.

so our soldiers are not getting blown up,everyone who is capable of working is working and the e.u workers still have the opportunity to work in the uk if there are spare jobs!

sorted!
Old 17-08-2010, 07:32 AM
STeve
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Official PassionFord BANNED Trader
Super Moderator

Received 869 Likes on 697 Posts

The country went to the dogs under labours invitation to invite all from all corners of the earth without restriction,and opening up the gates to all EU countries was plain madness,thank god we dont have the euro too
Old 17-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Did anyone see that program a while back...'The day the forigners went home'

I have to admit it boils my blood thinking about all of them over here. Taking our jobs and stuff, but that program showed how useless most teenagers are these days and that most are not willing to work, whilst they are willing to do as many hours as possible!!

Im a window cleaner by trade and do okay for work. There is a Polish lad near me came here 3 years ago got a 2k government self employed grant and now has a round worth 4k a month. Now im guessing most of that money is going back to Poland!

Without them tho I fear this country could still be in the state it is now, but who knows. Should we really blame them? Or should it be our government? Wouldnt we do the same if in there position?
Old 17-08-2010, 08:16 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by ronf42
I get the feeling that as can be well known, you get more money for being out of work in certian circumstances, that a minority british attitude can be that people will not get out of bed for £5.73 an hour.
Plenty of jobs out there offering that wage, but you get the foreign workers coming in, snapping them up. they then work there arses off taking every hour that they are given, raking in the cash to send back home whilst keeping a small amount to survive on till the following payday.
Am I wrong to assume that some lazy brits could in a small way be as much to blame, for the "lack of well paying jobs"
+1
Old 17-08-2010, 08:19 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Now I've been told by a pretty reliable source that the ethnics basically get interest free loans from each other,but when they get on their feet they need to do the same,and of course lack of tax,the underhand business techniques they use etc gets them a leg up.as you know in business a lot of things you get a good element of credit on to start up,rates,banking etc.
thats the jews
Old 17-08-2010, 08:19 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

your absolutly right in your observations
Old 17-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

jay

I know exactly how you feel mate

Im looking for a part time job just to bring in a few quid and see how things go , if they pick up great , but i honestly think things are going to get a lot worse before they get better

Im not a fan of imigration , the country should have sorted out its problems with the lazy fookers here first and got them into work then there would have been no jobs for the fooking imigrants to take and that IMO would have been a win win situation

also as mentioned , young single mothers , Can you blame them

option 1 , leave school try and find a job that will probs pay you £150 per week for 40 hours

option 2, get up the duff , get a house and contents paid for you and probs get £200 per week to live on for 0 hours work

Again fantastic britain with its lets look after the lazy fookers attitude

is there any wonder this country is on its arse

Last edited by Mr RS500; 17-08-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 17-08-2010, 08:42 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

I know what yous mean as well although i dont own my own buisness me n the missus have decent jobs but all we seem to be doing is working just to pay for or mortgauge(sp) & pay the bills no toys or holidays just working to get bye surley there is more to life both of us working nearly 90 hours a week just to get bye
Old 17-08-2010, 08:44 AM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm surprised you're struggling Jay (with a few things on the go)

Without teaching you to suck eggs... I'd personally be looking at all the things you do, see which ones are loosing you money (and which are making) then be ruthless and ditch the parts of your business that aren't working, sell off related items and expand the other parts that work.

If you can't find anything, stop the whole lot on site and start trading from home. That's one way to kill some overheads. You've no doubt a lot of contacts in the trade and I'm sure if you thought about what you've sold in the last 6 months (in regards to profit) just think how much youd have kept without your garage bill. Any profit's gotta be better than sinking!

A lot of my family are in the motor trade (as I am now) and my grandad still makes a good living (despite knocking 80!) buying and selling to the trade.

Last edited by jameswrx; 17-08-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 17-08-2010, 08:46 AM
rs-tuner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of govement grants did any one see dragons den last night?

There was a german bloke who got a grant for 140k to design and build some light up traffic cones for kids to play with.
He then sells them for 1k a set
Old 17-08-2010, 09:04 AM
BigNige
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ill put my flame suit on ready ..

There are some incredibly biggoted views on this thread re "foreign" Eastern Europeans etc .

Unfortunatley the imigrants whether legal or NON legal will always grasp at the jobs that the locals feel are beneath them . The same in Canada why do you think the list contains so many unskilled relatively low paid jobs .

Now back here in the UK

When did we last moan that the asian family run convenience store wasnt open generally open 7am-11pm and the business that supply them are all trading well on the back of it

When did you last have your car valet clened inside and out for a tenner and then moaned oh i should have paid more .

All of the above employees also buy or rent property in teh UK so they add finance into the financial systems .

They all eat whcih provides income into the retail sector

And most importantly they are NOT AFRAID OF LONG HOURS OF HARD WORK

I employee almost 3000 people in my team and i am proud to say that the most hardworking employees are NON BRITISH heritage

The reason certain towns in teh uk appear to be overrun is due to the relative safety of living in a community of like minded and faithed people (Leeds , Bradford etc)

The reason that we are seeing more of this apparent problem around the country is the dispersment program set up by Labour and NOT removed by Con-Dem party is to ferry new immigrants wheter legal or non (those awaiting entry or exit) to parts of the country with a shortage of unskilled labour and housing (ie Blackpool and Grimsby) have had an infux of 30,000 imigrants in last 10 years

SO lets not become extremelly biggoted in our views please gents

NIge
Old 17-08-2010, 09:36 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

to a point i agree with the above.

we have allowed our own lazy fuckers to live in paid for housing,drink alcohol all day,walk round the park with staffordshire bull terriers and smoke fags and weed.they only know this way of life because most of their parents were the same.

my daughter has a 18 month old son,doesnt(wont) work,lives in a brand new house paid for with benefits and always seems to be hung over every morning when i do speak to her.it boils my blood that she is like this because i am not but her mum is the same and she brought her up as we had her when we were 18 and split up soon after. ive been constantly been trying to get her to work but she wont/doesnt see the point. but if she was told she was having some of her benefits taken away i bet she would find a job!!!
yet my stepdaughter is 19,works part time,every hour she can and is off to university next month because she wants a good quality of life in the future.she understands that we are struggling at the mo and doesnt ask for anything.

the first lifestyle mentioned above has paved the way for hard working eastern europeans to flood in and earn money while the state blows billions of quid in benefits.its plain to see that the non uk residents are grafters,but in bringing them in its making the majority of our youngsters even lazier as they have the perfect excuse......"cant get a job because of all the e.u,so why should i even try?" its easier to hang about,sell drugs,rob shops,houses,cars and little old ladies. country is proper fucked!

with regards to me,2 months ago i was ready to shut the unit down and work from home,thus cutting my business overheads of rent £500,rates £120,electric £80,water £30 per month. i had to give 3 months notice so was fucked for another £2220 straight away!
i then had a brainwave to try something else as a shit or bust thing,the ramp2rent idea.it sounds great and everyone i spoke to agreed but i knew it wouldnt work overnight and i would have to spend more money on equipment/advertising etc,but i bit the bullet,kept the unit on and polughed into this idea with what little funds i had left.
the unit is all done,ready,ive began to advertise but the local paper is very expensive to advertise in so havent placed ad with them yet,although ive sent leaflets out to all the local mechanics,car spares shops,advertised in post office windows,done some leaflet dropping and advertised in local american car mag and local area feee mags,ive blown the few grand that i had and now the bank is empty.the phone isnt ringing yet but i know its going to take time-question is can i hold out while its quiet?i cant sell my recovery truck because i need it really,the few cars i have just seem to cover the bills when they are selling so cant even put money back into buying more,just feels like a very slippery slope and its very difficult to keep positive at the mo.
and at the end of the month all the bills are due again!!
Old 17-08-2010, 10:52 AM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Keep your head up mate. I got back from honeymoon two years ago and was immediatly laid off. I was broke and with mortagage ect, its been hard going the past two years. I`m an electrician but I am going to university to do a degree in Building Services Engineering now in september. Things were so hard for me we could barely afford food at some stages. I went on the dole and they would only pay me for six months then cut me off, how? I know people on the dole all their lives and I had worked since I left scholl paying tax ect and they fucked me over. Keep the head up and try and work on ways to cut back. Good luck.
Old 17-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

mackers thats because theres one set of rules for us and one for them.

well technically theres one set of rules. difference is they dont apply them to the scrounging cunts.

they have the ability to stop the benefits of cunts but they wont. so instead they target people like you as they know you will try to work so then they can hand in statistics saying "we stopped xx amount of benefits resulting in yy people going back into work" AND HENCE JUSTIFYING THEIR CIVIL SERVICE FAT WAGE PACKETS AND PENSIONS AT YOUR EXPENSE.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:00 AM
rs-tuner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mackers
Keep your head up mate. I got back from honeymoon two years ago and was immediatly laid off. I was broke and with mortagage ect, its been hard going the past two years. I`m an electrician but I am going to university to do a degree in Building Services Engineering now in september. Things were so hard for me we could barely afford food at some stages. I went on the dole and they would only pay me for six months then cut me off, how? I know people on the dole all their lives and I had worked since I left scholl paying tax ect and they fucked me over. Keep the head up and try and work on ways to cut back. Good luck.
Shocking good luck for the future
Old 17-08-2010, 11:33 AM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i know its hard for a lot of people out there and a there are a lot worse off than me.im just hoping that things pick up for everyone who deserves it.
Old 17-08-2010, 12:52 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

the 5 houses a few doors down from me have all be rented out to the council on between £1400-£1800 a month rent

if i were to rent my house out, which has another bedroom, a garden front and rear, off street parking AND a garage, i'd only get £1200, so somoene is paying over the odds and getting a nice handshake somewhere along hte line, but who do you complain to when the ruels state you can get that much money?
Old 17-08-2010, 02:39 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

I want to know what benifits chavs are getting to be turning down a 25k a year job cos its not job seekers

25k a year is a pretty fucking good wage, iv 1 year left of college and i would be more then happy with that
Old 17-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by KnoxyGtt

25k a year is a pretty fucking good wage
Not if you have any aspirations to have a comfortable lifestyle and enjoy life it's not!
Old 17-08-2010, 05:13 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike C
Not if you have any aspirations to have a comfortable lifestyle and enjoy life it's not!
depends on your age and situation (and job), if i was 17, living at home and being paid 25k a year i'd be over the moon
Old 17-08-2010, 05:32 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Financially okay for now as the missus gets a good wage too - wait to see what the reaction to the VAT increase is like - hoping to get my new mortgage deal in before the B,O,E interest rate goes up.

Job i hate, work in -35 degree freezer environment, job is breaking me physically (shoulder injury) have IT qualifications but distribution pays more and i can't afford to leave for job satisfaction the only thing is i don't need to worry about losing job as we are so busy over time is kind of compulsory just to get the job finished.
Old 17-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Prodigy4B
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Its a struggle for anyone who actually works,wants to own a house and be honest.

You can come here as a non English speaking imigrant and claim benefits according to the Gov website.
Now lets say that was a family of 6 with a couple of disabilaties.Easy life eh!
Old 17-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be happy earning 17k let alone 25k, one thing how many on here have actually tried living on £60 a week ? it aint easy trust me
Old 17-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

17 year olds no matter what nationality you are very very rarely get 25k they are lucky to get 17k.

Benefits system is what has fucked everything up. Too long with labour at the helm, Benefits are about to be radically overhaulsed so lets see what they do.

Cant get any worse.
Old 17-08-2010, 07:01 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
to a point i agree with the above.

we have allowed our own lazy fuckers to live in paid for housing,drink alcohol all day,walk round the park with staffordshire bull terriers and smoke fags and weed.they only know this way of life because most of their parents were the same.

my daughter has a 18 month old son,doesnt(wont) work,lives in a brand new house paid for with benefits and always seems to be hung over every morning when i do speak to her.it boils my blood that she is like this because i am not but her mum is the same and she brought her up as we had her when we were 18 and split up soon after. ive been constantly been trying to get her to work but she wont/doesnt see the point. but if she was told she was having some of her benefits taken away i bet she would find a job!!!
yet my stepdaughter is 19,works part time,every hour she can and is off to university next month because she wants a good quality of life in the future.she understands that we are struggling at the mo and doesnt ask for anything.

the first lifestyle mentioned above has paved the way for hard working eastern europeans to flood in and earn money while the state blows billions of quid in benefits.its plain to see that the non uk residents are grafters,but in bringing them in its making the majority of our youngsters even lazier as they have the perfect excuse......"cant get a job because of all the e.u,so why should i even try?" its easier to hang about,sell drugs,rob shops,houses,cars and little old ladies. country is proper fucked!

with regards to me,2 months ago i was ready to shut the unit down and work from home,thus cutting my business overheads of rent £500,rates £120,electric £80,water £30 per month. i had to give 3 months notice so was fucked for another £2220 straight away!
i then had a brainwave to try something else as a shit or bust thing,the ramp2rent idea.it sounds great and everyone i spoke to agreed but i knew it wouldnt work overnight and i would have to spend more money on equipment/advertising etc,but i bit the bullet,kept the unit on and polughed into this idea with what little funds i had left.
the unit is all done,ready,ive began to advertise but the local paper is very expensive to advertise in so havent placed ad with them yet,although ive sent leaflets out to all the local mechanics,car spares shops,advertised in post office windows,done some leaflet dropping and advertised in local american car mag and local area feee mags,ive blown the few grand that i had and now the bank is empty.the phone isnt ringing yet but i know its going to take time-question is can i hold out while its quiet?i cant sell my recovery truck because i need it really,the few cars i have just seem to cover the bills when they are selling so cant even put money back into buying more,just feels like a very slippery slope and its very difficult to keep positive at the mo.
and at the end of the month all the bills are due again!!

Hi mate,I've just done the same thing regarding my unit,they say I've got a three year lease but I've found a clause that let's me out after 18 months.....plus there's about 5 of us who've done it down there and they've never chased anyone so fuck em!!

As for the ramptorent idea I hope it works for you but I did have my reservations in the original thread although when there's an idea in your/mine/anybodys head I think we tend to carry it out regardless!!!looking at your pics you've got a few quids worth of equipment there so why don't you sell it on and start emptying out the place in readiness for trading from home.did you put a deposit down on the unit?your landlord maybe able to use that as your last three months rent if your prepared to be flexible as to when your going etc,just a thought.

I hate to sound defeatist but I'm there right now and I know how hard it is/has been so this isn't some keyboard warrior here,I promise you!!

I've just told my boys that next week is our last and that was the hardest part as they've been amazing these last 6-7 months,but ones just lost his licence and the others already found a new job so Fridays his last shift,fair play he offered to work the weekend to help me out,what a top guy!!

Believe me mate,the feeling of relief I'll have when I lock it up for the last time should outweigh any emotions I have of the good times I had there.cash is king and it's time to start earning some cash I can ACTUALLY keep for a change!!
Old 17-08-2010, 07:26 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Unfortunatley the imigrants whether legal or NON legal will always grasp at the jobs that the locals feel are beneath them . The same in Canada why do you think the list contains so many unskilled relatively low paid jobs .

Think your way off the mark with the Canada thing there mate,bus drivers out there are on $25-30 per hour,their on less than a tenner over here!! as a sparky I can expect to earn between $30-50 per hour,a lot more than I'll get over here.you certainly can't go out there unskilled as you say,quite the opposite in fact,I need to prove I've had over 12 years continuous education/employment otherwise you won't get in.the list last year included 38 different occupations whereas now it includes 27 I believe,the cull was mainly in the financial sector,no surprise due to the credit crunch etc.

I agree with most of your other points about eastern Europeans,I don't think their really the problem as they do actually work and work hard but it's just the whole benifit system itself.I'm not a huge fan of these tax credits either,how can the government say that someone who works in a shop with two kids etc near enough on minimum wage should get the same as someone who spent four or five years in college learning a trade or sitting exams?can't see why the money should be made up myself but I won't complain I suppose when I have to claim them,bit hypocritical really!!!
Old 17-08-2010, 07:31 PM
.Ross.

Been getting Harder and Harder for more than a few year's.

I sold up a few year back .. Couldnt then, and now I wouldnt wanna get back into the rat race ..
Old 18-08-2010, 02:34 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Think your way off the mark with the Canada thing there mate,bus drivers out there are on $25-30 per hour,their on less than a tenner over here!! as a sparky I can expect to earn between $30-50 per hour,a lot more than I'll get over here.you certainly can't go out there unskilled as you say,quite the opposite in fact,I need to prove I've had over 12 years continuous education/employment otherwise you won't get in.the list last year included 38 different occupations whereas now it includes 27 I believe,the cull was mainly in the financial sector,no surprise due to the credit crunch etc.

I agree with most of your other points about eastern Europeans,I don't think their really the problem as they do actually work and work hard but it's just the whole benifit system itself.I'm not a huge fan of these tax credits either,how can the government say that someone who works in a shop with two kids etc near enough on minimum wage should get the same as someone who spent four or five years in college learning a trade or sitting exams?can't see why the money should be made up myself but I won't complain I suppose when I have to claim them,bit hypocritical really!!!

some are working low paid jobs mainly because they have nothing to pay out 10 living in a rented 2 bed house over the road from me now

when they first come here they started with the low paid jobs but now worked there self up to are well paid jobs.

if we had no benifit system they would just commit crime like in other country's car theft robbing houses etc
Old 18-08-2010, 03:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if you only need to "live" in one room to shit shower sleep then it doesn't matter how many peole you share it with

you go to work for 12 hours come home and kip, then, it's the other guys turn and you pay half the rent you would be paying, if that's £50 a week saving then it's effectivly given you an extra days wages to save

there's loads of them out there that have put a couple of beds in their garage and are letting it out for £100 a week for everyone they can fit into the place so you've got to stop that as well

but you've also got to get the folk who are claiming benifits because they can't be arsed to work back to work by either incetivising work or stopping their benifits
Old 18-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
depends on your age and situation (and job), if i was 17, living at home and being paid 25k a year i'd be over the moon
Oh yeah, depends on circumstances of course. Same goes if you've already got everything you want bought and paid for. That would make for nice "pocket money" for most people.

But if you're in a "normal" position and you want to buy a nice house in a nice area, have nice things and want to be able to what you want, I can't see how a lot of people in a lot of (reasonable) jobs really have a chance in this day and age.

Quick Reply: is it just me.........