General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Advice needed...dog's killed next doors cat

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2010, 09:43 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
Cat's bury their shit...Anyway, if a pregnant woman was eating cat shit, I'd be more worried about wtf she was thinking
not when they do it up the alley between my house and the neighbours they dont, my staffie has already caught it once and played with it a bit, chucking it 6ft in the air and one day will probably have it wll lthat be my dogs fault i dont think so!! and its not my neighbours cat so next door is sick of the shit as well but i suppose its ok that we have to put up with someone elses pets shit as its a cat!
Old 13-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As I've said before, whether you have Dogs/Cats/Both or whatever pets, for most of us they become part of our families and just as you'd care about your pet dog until the bitter end, the same goes for cats. We have had 3 cats and lost all on the roads. We were devastated each and every time, but at least we knew what had happened.

The last one went missing on Beccys birthday. We searched for days, did leaflet drops, door knocks etc etc and ended up, by a pure fluke, finding out that he had been knocked down on the road. However, he had lost his collar in the accident. The local vets had been informed and collected his remains, which they held onto for a few days, not knowing who he belonged to. On the day that we enquired with the vets, it was the day they were due to dispose of him and we'd have never known.

So, telling the owners what happened is the right thing to do. Whether you like cats or not, its more to do with the owners and the fact that they deserve to know. If your dog killed a cat, then have the balls to admit to it. If you've already done that, then good on you.

I didn't catch why they'd gone on holiday and left the cat at home though?
Old 13-08-2010, 10:10 PM
ronf42
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike C
Well reading this thread seriously pissed me off. Maybe when it boils down to it, no i wouldn't shoot the owner, even though they'd piss me off more than the dog, but yes i'd kill any dog that killed my cat, 100%. Just rather pissed off at the amount of cunts round here!

I knew not to take your original comment seriously. Nothing wrong with speaking your mind when you feel strongly about something. I would feel the same if anyhing happened to my dogs, but I gave up my fireaems licence!!
And you are right about the amount if cunts round here!!
Old 14-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Kev.H
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by BigErn
Dispose of the cat, say nowt. If they ask it must have been ran over somewhere while its been out looking for gardens to shit in.
my cat went missing never came back. I would rather know what happened than be left wondering... plus a situation like this, helps defines who you are and become as a human being...
Old 14-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Cat's bury their shit...Anyway, if a pregnant woman was eating cat shit, I'd be more worried about wtf she was thinking

What utter bolox!!! How mant ginger toms have u seen nipping out to the nieghbours back garden for a shite with a shovel over its shoulder

They lay then fuck off!!! Cats are by their very nature lazy from what I have experienced in our back garden

As for the pregnant woman comment I hope you were joking
Old 14-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

e,no they dont. want me to take pics of the cats shit in my front garden?
Old 14-08-2010, 07:51 PM
john_d
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

cats bury shit in their own garden but not in other's its their way of marking their territory.
Old 14-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

pmsl just noticed the tag.
Old 14-08-2010, 07:53 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mondeo_st24_v6
cats bury shit in their own garden but not in other's its their way of marking their territory.
Like when other cats step on there poo it goes between there toes.

Tries that at home, the old man went ape shit.
Old 14-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In all my years of owning cats as pets, I have never come across ANY cat shit, nor have I had any complaints from neighbours.

Those that have found shit in their gardens, can you be sure its domestic cat shit? Could be feral cats? Or foxes?

I still say that whatever you think about cats, if its someones pet, then you're sick if you harm it. Maybe your neighbours are pissed off with your loud exhaust etc.
Old 14-08-2010, 08:04 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
In all my years of owning cats as pets, I have never come across ANY cat shit, nor have I had any complaints from neighbours.

Those that have found shit in their gardens, can you be sure its domestic cat shit? Could be feral cats? Or foxes?

I still say that whatever you think about cats, if its someones pet, then you're sick if you harm it. Maybe your neighbours are pissed off with your loud exhaust etc.
To be fair we get some cat shit around here, not like big logs but when they do it hums.

Quite a few neighbours have them, i'd never harm them as afterall they are pets and keep mice/vermin away.

Our neighbour leaves there cat out 24/7 even in winter which i think is bang on. Poor thing is limping and massivly under weight.
Old 14-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Rex Kramer
Danger Seeker

Must be fair to assume yours always shat away from your house then.

Last edited by Rex Kramer; 14-08-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 14-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

can i borrow your dog please?

i have 2 ginger cats, and there is a black cat with half a tail that keeps shitting on our front lawn, every time i go to cut the grass i have to pick up at least 5 piles of shit!

and our cats a too pussy (no pun intended) to tear it a new asshole!

we come home the other day to the cat, which is quite affectionate and like having a fuss made of it so didn expect it in the least, to as we pulled onto the drive, squat and let out a massive turd, right infront of us!

the cheeky little cunt! the missus jumped out and screamed at it, but it obviously wasnt done yet, and it released another log!

if i see the lille fucker wandering about, ill have it!
Old 14-08-2010, 10:16 PM
paul0461
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

well, as said. its unfortunate but shit happens.
Old 14-08-2010, 10:17 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fudgey
can i borrow your dog please?

i have 2 ginger cats, and there is a black cat with half a tail that keeps shitting on our front lawn, every time i go to cut the grass i have to pick up at least 5 piles of shit!

and our cats a too pussy (no pun intended) to tear it a new asshole!

we come home the other day to the cat, which is quite affectionate and like having a fuss made of it so didn expect it in the least, to as we pulled onto the drive, squat and let out a massive turd, right infront of us!

the cheeky little cunt! the missus jumped out and screamed at it, but it obviously wasnt done yet, and it released another log!

if i see the lille fucker wandering about, ill have it!
Did it walk and poo? If so Multi Tasking Cat.

MTC wanna watch out. Them fuckers will shit in your missus booby hammacks.
Old 14-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by wirralphil
Did it walk and poo? If so Multi Tasking Cat.

MTC wanna watch out. Them fuckers will shit in your missus booby hammacks.
no, it didnt walk, just stayed still and i think i heard it say, i just dont give a fuck...

im sure it was smiling too!

little piss bag!
Old 14-08-2010, 10:45 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fudgey
no, it didnt walk, just stayed still and i think i heard it say, i just dont give a fuck...

im sure it was smiling too!

little piss bag!
One hard pussy.
Old 14-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

filthy cunt more like.

been on holiday for 2 weeks and the first thing i smelt when i got out the car was cat shit...

sure enough the garden is littered with it. total little cunt!
Old 14-08-2010, 11:37 PM
paul0461

also, look on the bright side, at least you wont have to worry about the cat shitting in your garden AGAIN, thats a plus. give your dog a bone....
Old 15-08-2010, 01:37 AM
TommyZetec

To be honest I own a cat and even though the majority dont like cats I still 'love' him as much as somebody would own a dog, they are still pets at the end of the day, But if somebodies dog killed my cat id be f***ing livid, its just as much in a dogs nature to chase and hunt smaller animals as it is for a cat to find a place to shit,is there anybody here who aint been p***ed off when theyve trodden in dogshit in the street with they're brand new trainers on!
Just tell your neighbours the truth and take the responsibility for your dog

cheers
Tom
Old 15-08-2010, 01:44 AM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Tags
bullett is a badman!, cat b write off, mike moat

just be honest imo its not going to be easy but when done its a big weight off your shoulders
Old 15-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by TommyZetec
To be honest I own a cat and even though the majority dont like cats I still 'love' him as much as somebody would own a dog, they are still pets at the end of the day, But if somebodies dog killed my cat id be f***ing livid, its just as much in a dogs nature to chase and hunt smaller animals as it is for a cat to find a place to shit,is there anybody here who aint been p***ed off when theyve trodden in dogshit in the street with they're brand new trainers on!
Just tell your neighbours the truth and take the responsibility for your dog

cheers
Tom

same goes for cat shit mate, ive been cleaning the car and stood in cat shit thats on the grass next to my drive.could easily have sat or leant in it. dog owners have to clear up the shit.cat owners dont.
Old 15-08-2010, 08:48 AM
ShiftyOldScoob

Originally Posted by Mal.
So your dog killed the cat in a public place, yeah?

Most laws regarding dogs refer to either fighting or their behavior towards people. If the attack had happened on your own private property then there is no case whatsoever. As it happened outside of your property in a public place you are quite likey to be charged with having an out of control dog.
And the owners of said dead cat are within their rights to take out a civil action against you. It all depends whether you or one of the witnesses reports it.

If I knew your address I'd personally report you now.
Arsehole!
Old 15-08-2010, 08:57 AM
super_cb
Mondeo ST24

My cat constantly winds next doors dog up by going round and teasing it, and if the neighbour pops round one day to say the dog killed my cat i wont be surprised, its the cats damn fault.
Old 15-08-2010, 02:07 PM
BazW
Regular Contributor

In all my years of owning cats as pets, I have never come across ANY cat shit, nor have I had any complaints from neighbours
Gardens round here get it all the time. Up until getting the dog, cats were regularly shitting in the back and front garden, most have stayed clear but still get the odd one. Even at my old house I had gravel in the front garden and every night you'd hear a cat burying his breakfast.

As for complaints, no one bothers because what's the point? Only way to stop it is to keep them indoors but how many cat owners do that?
Old 15-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by ShiftyOldScoob
Arsehole!
Why?

At least I tried to make an intelligent input and get my point across! All you can manage is 'arsehole'.......

Get back to ya crayons mate!!
Old 15-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BazW
Only way to stop it is to keep them indoors but how many cat owners do that?
We do for one and i know of at least 2 other people who do the same
Old 15-08-2010, 04:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How did the dog manage to get out of your garden and over the road to start with? If your dog is prone to chasing cats and aggressive with other animals/cats/dogs as you say, then you have a responsibility to make sure it cant get out of your garden.

As said, if it happened on your property, then fair enough, as harsh as it is, thats life. But as it left your property and chased it over the road, i personally think that makes you responsible unfortunatly.

This is my opinion and not aimed to make you feel bad. Obviously its an accident, that 'could' and 'should' have been avoided in my opinion.

Nothing you can do now, but im sure you dont need telling to make sure your dog cant get out of your garden again. Just admit whats happened and apologise, thats all you can do really, then take it from there.
Old 15-08-2010, 04:37 PM
j6kyt

bury it and say nothing.