General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any surfers on here

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
MunkeyboyRS
Bananas!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any surfers on here

Hi all!
As said is anyone on here into their surfing?
Ive just come back from 8 days down in newquay for boardmaster. I learn to surf years ago when I was 13 and 14, and after a 10year gap I think I did ok this time around, even if im scared shitless of water and can only just swim, but now im thinking of learning to swim properly so I can do more surfing as I love it.
Been thinking of buying a second hand board from ebay, I think a Mini Mal is the next board to move to after a foam learner board, But what size would I want, I'm just shy of 6" and a bit of a light weight, so what am I looking for?
Cheers Dave
Old 13-08-2010, 08:48 AM
MunkeyboyRS
Bananas!

No surfers on here then?
Old 13-08-2010, 09:15 AM
12_Second_rst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i have the ocassional surf in the summer but not a hardcore winter surfer we get some really good surf down here in wales
Old 13-08-2010, 09:59 AM
capriturbo
Part of the Furniture

Depends on how you want to surf mate, I'm 5ft 9" and 12 stone with a 6ft 8" board about 2 inches thick, which is quite small as it goes. Generally the shorter the board the larger the wave needs to be to get up on however once your up your more agille and quicker. The larger the board the more buoyant it is so its easier to get up on smaller waves (longboards etc riding pretty much nothing) Best bet would be to goto a surf shop and get them to measure you up for a board so you know what length and thickness would suit you, then go away and get something second hand off ebay

Alex