General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How much do you recon ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 PM
massive mooo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do you recon ?

Hi all new to the forum but not new to fords i havnt owned 1 for some time now and am now the owner of a xr2i 1.8 16v ( 93 ) more buy chance ill explain !

whilst working for a friend on his mk1 golf cabby he couldnt aford to pay me for all the work i did so offered me this 2i ive always liked the 2i and have owned a couple in the past and thought what the hell ok

on closer inspection of this car and some rooting round in the clove box and endless reciepts i find that this car has only had 2 owners from new my mate being the second and hes only had it for 3 months nice supprise then i find the service history book and to my amazment it has full service history not all ford though ! so i root round some more and find a hand writen diary that the the first owner has kept on the car for every thing and anything it has ever had ... so i start poking round the car and find the usual rust on the filler cap very minimal and lets be honest im sure they sold them with this rust as standard sills are fine but could be better as for the inside i find its still fitted with factory ford stereo and the overall condition is really really good no stains rips tares or mods .....

I realy dont think i have ever seen a 2i in such an unabused state and that leads me to my question what sort of price would you put on this ....AND BEFORE ANY1 ASK'S SHE'S NOT FOR SALE ive had so much fun driving this little gem that i cant stop driving it and has reminded me why i owned these cars in the past

thanks for reading and i look forward to posting some pics of the little minx soon ......ohhh and the millage is 120k
Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

£1000?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:15 PM
geesta

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is useless without pics
Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vaughant
£1000?
Not with 120k? 750 max with mot.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by massive mooo
Hi all new to the forum but not new to fords i havnt owned 1 for some time now and am now the owner of a xr2i 1.8 16v ( 93 ) more buy chance ill explain !

whilst working for a friend on his mk1 golf cabby he couldnt aford to pay me for all the work i did so offered me this 2i ive always liked the 2i and have owned a couple in the past and thought what the hell ok

on closer inspection of this car and some rooting round in the clove box and endless reciepts i find that this car has only had 2 owners from new my mate being the second and hes only had it for 3 months nice supprise then i find the service history book and to my amazment it has full service history not all ford though ! so i root round some more and find a hand writen diary that the the first owner has kept on the car for every thing and anything it has ever had ... so i start poking round the car and find the usual rust on the filler cap very minimal and lets be honest im sure they sold them with this rust as standard sills are fine but could be better as for the inside i find its still fitted with factory ford stereo and the overall condition is really really good no stains rips tares or mods .....

I realy dont think i have ever seen a 2i in such an unabused state and that leads me to my question what sort of price would you put on this ....AND BEFORE ANY1 ASK'S SHE'S NOT FOR SALE ive had so much fun driving this little gem that i cant stop driving it and has reminded me why i owned these cars in the past

thanks for reading and i look forward to posting some pics of the little minx soon ......ohhh and the millage is 120k
No mate the rust was an option, you had to pay extra for it from Ford lol.

If it's as good as you say it may be worth a grand to the right person but as mrjenrst says probably more like £750-£850.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 AM
massive mooo
Virgin

thanks for all the input and some pics will follow this weekend of my new old little beast !
Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

quick cars these - my mate had one at uni and it would keep up with another mates e30 325i around town