General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

2.0 Zetec E engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 PM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.0 Zetec E engine

Hi,

Looking at upgrading my bottom end of my 1.8 focus to the 2.0 block and keeping my 1.8 head and gearbox.

Just wondered if this will give me the 15ish bhp the 2.0 has over the 1.8?

Also if buying the 2.0 block is there any difference between the focus and mondeo blacktop blocks? How much shud i be looking pay?

Iv currently got kent cams that would move my power band down if fitted in a 2.0 (according to Kent) and got full exhaust/induction as well. If i decide go down this route would probably upgrade to lightweight crank/water pump pulleys as well??

If the lightweight pulleys are fitted will i loose any torque? as think burton power or somewhere told me that allowing the car to rev easier reduces the cars torque?

Any help?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

further quests:

Firstly is it worth it? Iv bin told by kent that my cams power will kick in lower down if fitted in the larger capacity engine. Iv also got full exhaust/induction mods.

Also if i buy a 2nd hand engine, is there anything i wud need to look out for around the condition of the block? is it expensive to recondition or is it not worth it? or wud better option to buy a new one (seen one on ebay at £350, but including fitting its prob not gona be worth the gains).

Matt