General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The british government are giving pakistan £10million to help with the floods

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont agreee with that atall ive lost 2 jobs already this country is fuked we need all the money we can get not giving it away to foreigners and im not racist, its just a fact!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Seems an appropriate amount to give as a gesture of goodwill without making any difference to us at all over here, its 20p each for every person in this country.

Im happy the government has donated 20p on my behalf, id have happily given a tenner.
I agree.

Indeed, 1000 starving africans kept alive by uk charities costs us less a year than one chav scum bnp supporting family on benefits I bet
Very true

Last edited by lead_foot; 02-08-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Escy
Glenny boy, what help do you want? Housing benefit? Jobseekers allowance? Free schooling? Free education? Free health care? - you get everything going in this country, don't try and make out we are being hard done by

Get a fucking grip.

Put yourself in the position of these people who are affected by the flood. Don't act a racist fool to a nation just because some Pakistani guy who lives over the road is a twat.

Did you think Haiti also?
My faith is restored. Thanks mate, was beginning to think the average youngster on here were racist, ignorant pigs. THANKS !!!!!.

To compare our floods to whats going on over their, shows such stupidity almost beyond belief. The countries on its knees is it, with you guys still spending money on cars, i-phones, computers & a benifit system that will see you better off on the dole.
Get a grip.
Shandy-Ade
Advanced PassionFord User

Seems an appropriate amount to give as a gesture of goodwill without making any difference to us at all over here, its 20p each for every person in this country.

Im happy the government has donated 20p on my behalf, id have happily given a tenner.

When you break it down and it's 20p per person it doesn't sound bad at all
Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Should send them fuck all
Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Graceland
You didn't see every other country pouring money into our economy to help with the floods in 2009 did you?
They're hardly comparable!!!! The only similarity is that they both involved water.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesXXX
Its Cameron coving his arse after calling Pakistan "a nation of terrorists"
so he's now negotiating with terrorists?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

mate tbh i woudnt mind lobbing a tenner in as that's MY choice, but the taxes that have been sent there are FOR THIS COUNTRY!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
They're hardly comparable!!!! The only similarity is that they both involved water.
and loss of possesions and thing's they've worked year's for, we pay stupid amounts of tax and people who lost everything got nothing.

they pay nothing but get a hand out
Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Garage19
PassionFord Post Troll

The people on here that would deny a sick child food, water and medicine just because they come from a different country should be ashamed of themselves. I would happily swap any pakastani that wants to come here and work for any of the ignorant, selfish pea brains on this thread that would not give this sort of aid to fellow humans.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesXXX
Its Cameron coving his arse after calling Pakistan "a nation of terrorists"
Yeah, they were burning an effigy of him the other day in pakistan, his 'terrorist' comment went down well

Glenn, this thread has got the makings of a ten pager, you should have know better than to have an opinion on pf mate, you racist cunt
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 PM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
mate tbh i woudnt mind lobbing a tenner in as that's MY choice, but the taxes that have been sent there are FOR THIS COUNTRY!!!!
well said, the taxes are for this country.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

maybe i should've re-worded how i first started this thread so i apologise for that. I'm more annoyed at the fact that my wife could be losing her job because of the budget cuts enforced by the government in an attempt to help the economy and get the country back on its feet after the recession. So to know that and then find out on the news that they're giving money to another country, yes maybe i am being selfish but i've learnt in my life that you have to look after number 1 cos nobody else will! There are thousands of people who are out of work in this country because of the recession, the government should be sorting that out.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Some folk don't have clue.

Foreign Aid is the biggest 'bribe' one country can give another.

Countries in receipt of Aid will look favourably upon the UK and any other country that has given similar. That £10M will equate to a hell of a lot more coming back the way in the form of investment and use of UK services/business/products in the future.

That's how it all works...

We are not giving money away for nothing.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Garage19
The people on here that would deny a sick child food, water and medicine just because they come from a different country should be ashamed of themselves. I would happily swap any pakastani that wants to come here and work for any of the ignorant, selfish pea brains on this thread that would not give this sort of aid to fellow humans.
Indeed, people seem to forget we are talking about starving innocent children dieing in filthy conditions that can be saved for a few quid!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
My faith is restored. Thanks mate, was beginning to think the average youngster on here were racist, ignorant pigs. THANKS !!!!!.

To compare our floods to whats going on over their, shows such stupidity almost beyond belief. The countries on its knees is it, with you guys still spending money on cars, i-phones, computers & a benifit system that will see you better off on the dole.
Get a grip.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

the fact that its gone to pakistan doesn't make any difference to me, they could've given it to anyone and i'd still feel the same.
lead_foot
is awesome

Seems to be a North / South divide on the issue.
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Smiggy
Some folk don't have clue.

Foreign Aid is the biggest 'bribe' one country can give another.

Countries in receipt of Aid will look favourably upon the UK and any other country that has given similar. That £10M will equate to a hell of a lot more coming back the way in the form of investment and use of UK services/business/products in the future.

That's how it all works...

We are not giving money away for nothing.
ok, so what can pakistan offer us that will benifit the uk as a equal to us giving them £10 mill?

other than the humanitarian aspect, there is nothing else that i can think of that is worth spending money on
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Innocent peoples health and lives are at risk, it's not a great amount to the country so can't see the problem. Our struggle is nothing compared to what they are having to go through.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Indeed, people seem to forget we are talking about starving innocent children dieing in filthy conditions that can be saved for a few quid!
nothing to do with that at all, i think you'd find if the goverment set up an after tax scheme where people would donate a fiver/tenner from there wages after tax they would make more then 10 mill. It's the fact we HAVE to contribute into the country but have no say that it goes abroad. Fuck all to do with been racist or bnp follower's or kkk member. But it's easy to band people together that way rather then having to answer the question of.
WHY ARE OUR TAXES BEEN SPENT OUT OF THE UK?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Chip

nothing to do with that at all, i think you'd find if the goverment set up an after tax scheme where people would donate a fiver/tenner from there wages after tax they would make more then 10 mill. It's the fact we HAVE to contribute into the country but have no say that it goes abroad. Fuck all to do with been racist or bnp follower's or kkk member. But it's easy to band people together that way rather then having to answer the question of.
WHY ARE OUR TAXES BEEN SPENT OUT OF THE UK?
In this country we have elections every 4 years or so to appoint people to take care of the day to day running of the country, which involves things like deciding when we should give aid to other countries, we dont need to be involved in such things on a daily basis, especially not for such a tiny sum of money. This country spends 10 million quid on things totally irrelevant to me every minute, but I only hear about them on passionford if it involves giving money to some stinking /paki/ bastard /terrorist /cunt/ (delete as appropriate) kids who deserve to die horrificially apparently despite the fact that just a few pence each from us over here can make a difference.
Anyway, as per some of the replies in this thread, you neednt worry, our govenment is very selfish and will be confident that in the long run we'll see more back than we have paid out

If pakistan had a lot of oil, we'd have given 100 million!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

chip why are you and other's on here turning it into a racist thing?
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In this country we have elections every 4 years or so to appoint people to take care of the day to day running of the country, which involves things like deciding when we should give aid to other countries, we dont need to be involved in such things on a daily basis, especially not for such a tiny sum of money. This country spends 10 million quid on things totally irrelevant to me every minute, but I only hear about them on passionford if it involves giving money to some stinking /paki/ bastard /terrorist /cunt/ (delete as appropriate) kids who deserve to die horrificially apparently despite the fact that just a few pence each from us over here can make a difference.
Anyway, as per some of the replies in this thread, you neednt worry, our govenment is very selfish and will be confident that in the long run we'll see more back than we have paid out

If pakistan had a lot of oil, we'd have given 100 million!

Big-Dan.
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by dojj
ok, so what can pakistan offer us that will benifit the uk as a equal to us giving them £10 mill?

other than the humanitarian aspect, there is nothing else that i can think of that is worth spending money on
Easy,

They will invest more money within our Financial Industry for starters. Probably a hell of a lot more than £10M, helping to protect city jobs.

British Companies will find it easier to get footholds in Pakistan.

For instance, say Oil reserves were found in Pakistan. BP would find it a lot easier than say Elf or Total of France to obtain a licence to extract the oil if France hasn't given aid. Obviously that is a simple example but these type of deals are common where Foreign Aid is involved.

There could also be a some conditions attatched to the aid, for example future arms deals between the 2 countries. Etc Etc

I could go on and on
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

well said chip ,10 million is a very small figure in the scheme of things ,it sounds alot to you and me but on a global scheme it is pennies.
as chip said it equates to 20p per person.England spent £1000 per person in the uk on development costs on the euro fighter that is probably now obsolete.the USA spent 63 billion on developing the f22 fighter whiuch is more than twice the amount of money required to end world starvation .
UK spend 38 billion a year od defence and 100billion a year on welfare .
fuck me its less than most footballers earn a year .lets hope the floods we get in northern europe this year are nothing like what pakistan have expierienced considering their rain season hasnt started yet
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the main point is that we as a country suffered in massive floods over the last few years and altho we didnt suffer many losses of life there are people still today living in poor conditions from this and yet what country offer us help to sort our issues ,,,,,er ,,,,None , yet we seem to be able to help others without a second thought to our own
Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Chip

chip why are you and other's on here turning it into a racist thing?
You were the one doing that when you questioned not why we gave so little to help, but why we dared to send money out of the country, the answer to which is simple, cause it was needed out of the country.

There are MANY things we waste money on that are far more worthy of comment, the ridiculous defence budget is a perfect example, i'd sooner we cut 1 billion off our defence spend and gave half that to poor kids in this country and half to poor kids elsewhere in the world personally than question 10 million to a good cause.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
I think the main point is that we as a country suffered in massive floods over the last few years and altho we didnt suffer many losses of life there are people still today living in poor conditions from this and yet what country offer us help to sort our issues ,,,,,er ,,,,None , yet we seem to be able to help others without a second thought to our own
You are comparing a few people who lost some pictures and a flatscreen telly etc, with people losing their children.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by james kiely
fuck me its less than most footballers earn a year .

Errrrrrrrrrr ok then.

192k a week?

Who? Off top of my head im not even sure there is one.

Be lucky if there are 5-10 if that.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Errrrrrrrrrr ok then.

192k a week?

Who? Off top of my head im not even sure there is one.

Be lucky if there are 5-10 if that.

Pointless sidetrack really, but I think you are forgetting the sizeable income many footballers get from advertising contracts and sponsorship deals etc, but there are loads of them that net over 10 million a year.
And even if that is the wages of actually 2 or 3 footballers it still puts it into perspective what a small amount of money it is, as does the fact its 20p each
Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

chip surely racism is against a race? I'm saying keep our money in this country to help ourselves.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Chip

chip surely racism is against a race? I'm saying keep our money in this country to help ourselves.
Can you point to where I called anyone racist, as TBH I dont actually remember saying what you are quoting me as having said there.

Are you sure you arent just very confused and/or making it up?

Last edited by Chip; 02-08-2010 at 08:57 PM.
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You are comparing a few people who lost some pictures and a flatscreen telly etc, with people losing their children.
so how's 10 million gonna help someone who's lost a child?
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

chop why how did you manage to highlight the most irrelevant and throwaway comment out of the above ,barcelona borrowed 120million last year to pay wages .dont be nitpicking
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Chip

so how's 10 million gonna help someone who's lost a child?
Its hopefully going to help some people NOT lose a child who is dieing due to lack of clean water or food or medicine.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Can you point to where I called anyone racist, as TBH I dont actually remember saying what you are quoting me as having said there.
Sorry you implied i made it into a racist thing.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by james kiely
chop why how did you manage to highlight the most irrelevant and throwaway comment out of the above ,barcelona borrowed 120million last year to pay wages .dont be nitpicking

Look statto i don't know anything about "army's"

I stuck to what i was pretty sure of.

ok the answer is 5

http://www.mysun.co.uk/go/thread/vie...ng-footballers
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Chip

Sorry you implied i made it into a racist thing.
Actually YOU implied you were racist I would argue, not me.

Read your own posts, and I think that many people would take them as racist without anybody else needing to add or imply anything at all.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

I googled "race card" so i could play along and this was by far the funniest option

Quick Reply: The british government are giving pakistan £10million to help with the floods