General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Burka ban>? Why not

Search this Thread

Old 19-07-2010, 04:23 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Burka ban>? Why not

See this talk about banning people wearing burkas how is it I just know this aint going to happen!!

Whats your thoughts on them?

For people that are saying what the hell is a burka, its thouse full face vale type things that women wear, scary looking set ups!

Last edited by rabmc; 19-07-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 19-07-2010, 04:26 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should be banned without a doubt...im all for fairness and equality but when something can be a danger me or my family through terrorists using them etc then ban them..if they dont like it then there are alot more countries that will let them wear them
Old 19-07-2010, 04:30 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Seen some bint on the tv earlier saying oh how it empowers women etc!! wow ok then!! never heard so much guff in my life how people in society can walk around like this! how are they ever going to properly fit in when you can see there faces!!

A mean its not right is it
Old 19-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I'm for a ban but it will NEVER happen. Our government is too shit scared of upsetting people and would far rather "embrace" other cultures than defend it's own.

On a security note, should deffo be banned. And on a personal note, it's fucking plain rude when you talk to someone and they don't reveal their face. Fuck it's rude to talk to someone when they don't take their sunglasses off!

But it will never happen
Old 19-07-2010, 04:36 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Yup i'm all for banning them too. I am not racist but feel that if they wish to live in the UK then they should abide by our rules of the land. That involves dressing like us and speaking english.

If they don't like it, they can fook off!
Old 19-07-2010, 04:37 PM
j6kyt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

there no different to hoodies, and they are not allowed in the local shop.
Old 19-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just bann them in shops banks airports ect
Old 19-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
Just bann them in shops banks airports ect
exactly. the same as hoodies.
Old 19-07-2010, 04:59 PM
S1MATT
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Thrush
I'm for a ban but it will NEVER happen. Our government is too shit scared of upsetting people and would far rather "embrace" other cultures than defend it's own.

On a security note, should deffo be banned. And on a personal note, it's fucking plain rude when you talk to someone and they don't reveal their face. Fuck it's rude to talk to someone when they don't take their sunglasses off!

But it will never happen
+1
Old 19-07-2010, 05:05 PM
teamfatboy
Frog Tosser

Old 19-07-2010, 05:09 PM
steve st220
"SNIFF MY DIFF"

there was a woman on tv the other day saying that we should adapt to
other countries beleifs etc. YEAH RITE!!!!

if we go to their countries we've got to abide to their rules etc. so why the fuck
should it be any different here. if they dont like it then send the fuckers home!

burkas should be banned ASAP.
Old 19-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

If we go to their countries we abide by their rules. Should be there same here. The British government are spineless wasters and have put the British people in the minority in our own country.
Old 19-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Should 100% be banned. We have all this CCTV for security yet them cunts can keep their mushes covered from identity. Wouldnt suprise me if a lot of them were men under there!
Old 19-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Originally Posted by steve st220

if we go to their countries we've got to abide to their rules etc. so why the fuck
should it be any different here. if they dont like it then send the fuckers home!

+1 couldn't have said it better my self!

Old 19-07-2010, 05:12 PM
steve st220
"SNIFF MY DIFF"

Old 19-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Exactly! you go to their country and walk around in a balaclava see what happens, i bet you wont get embraced
Old 19-07-2010, 05:15 PM
teamfatboy
Frog Tosser

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Exactly! you go to their country and walk around in a balaclava see what happens, i bet you wont get embraced
walk around this country in a balaclava and you would have firearms police on you in a flash
Old 19-07-2010, 05:36 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If the cast a vote for the country it would be in there favour as we are the minority now anyway
Old 19-07-2010, 05:45 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

if there not happy then take there burkas away with them.how should we put up with terrorists in our own country.

fuckin do one you terrorist cunts
Old 19-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by rabmc
If the cast a vote for the country it would be in there favour as we are the minority now anyway
I think not mate
Old 19-07-2010, 05:51 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i might start my own religion where part of it is you must wear a balaclava at all time's if you want to!
Anyone in?
Old 19-07-2010, 05:51 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Ollie.
If we go to their countries we abide by their rules. Should be there same here.
Do we though?

Just playing devil's advocate, but I've just come back from a muslim county after a holiday there, and there were plenty of British tarts with plenty of flesh on display, when you're clearly asked to be a bit more respectful, and cover up a little....
Old 19-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I find the burka pretty offensive to be honest and consider it a sign of oppresion towards those that wear them. However, if you banned the burka where would that lead and where would you stop? Ban hoodies, baseball caps?

It is an individuals right to wear what they like. But, and it's a big but, ethnic groups should adapt and intergrate into our society and not expect society to bend round them. If they don't like it and aren't willing to do that then they can excercise the other great British right, the right to leave!
Old 19-07-2010, 05:53 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Its a religious thing for them. Have to say, I don't have an issue with them. If the person wants to do wrong, a bloody ban of face veils isn't suddenly going to make the world safer. Not every person wearing one is a terrorist.

Agreed about the integration, but, its still freedom of choice. I can walk around here in Qatar in a pair of shorts and bare feet. Muslims don't particularly like that, its offensive to them I believe in some way, but they understand its a cultural thing and accept it. This is a Muslim society, yet they make allowances for us 'crazy, sexually frivolous' Westerners. Don't see why we can't reciprocate to be honest.
Old 19-07-2010, 06:01 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

They are "home", most were born here.
Old 19-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Do we though?

Just playing devil's advocate, but I've just come back from a muslim county after a holiday there, and there were plenty of British tarts with plenty of flesh on display, when you're clearly asked to be a bit more respectful, and cover up a little....
But just cos they are showing some cleavage,slag tat or whatever doesn't cause the average person to be suspicious or anxious they are a possible security threat does it!

Paraniod it may sound but iys only a result of the past decade of 'martyrs' etc

Our security forces have to be correct 100% of the time (not that I am saying they are),but a ali akhbha chap only has to get it right once!!

Sorry if I have gone from a bit of clothing to terorism but at the end of the day its what we are on about if we are honest!!!
Old 19-07-2010, 06:03 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

id sent them all back to wherever they belong never mind make them take those things off.sooner this country is british again the better.
Old 19-07-2010, 06:05 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by teamfatboy
walk around this country in a balaclava and you would have firearms police on you in a flash
I never have had, I keep a balaclava in the car and use it often, to keep the sun from my face as have skin condition that's badly affected by sunlight.
I have little problem in Norfolk, but always get the usual crap in suffolk it's illegal, it isn't at all, I use these also on my extra "curricular" activities.
I don't find it any different to driving a car with heavy tinted windows if you want to conceal yourself for whatever reason.
tabetha
Old 19-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
exactly. the same as hoodies.
Hoodies don't explode!
Old 19-07-2010, 06:10 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I totally think they should be banned, all the time in public, camera's and people can only recognise people, by thier faces, except for the "racist" USAF kit, produced by HP it couldn't recognise black people, as it couldn't detect shaded areas of/on the skin that would be the case with whiteys, mate sent me a clip of one on trial in whitesands, NM.
tabetha
Old 19-07-2010, 06:10 PM
steve st220
"SNIFF MY DIFF"

Originally Posted by tabetha
They are "home", most were born here.
they'll never be "home" in my opinion!
Old 19-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Originally Posted by tabetha
I never have had, I keep a balaclava in the car and use it often, to keep the sun from my face as have skin condition that's badly affected by sunlight.
I have little problem in Norfolk, but always get the usual crap in suffolk it's illegal, it isn't at all, I use these also on my extra "curricular" activities.
I don't find it any different to driving a car with heavy tinted windows if you want to conceal yourself for whatever reason.
tabetha
'Extra curricular activities'????..!! Dogging?
Old 19-07-2010, 06:18 PM
steve st220
"SNIFF MY DIFF"

Originally Posted by collierm
Agreed about the integration, but, its still freedom of choice. I can walk around here in Qatar in a pair of shorts and bare feet. Muslims don't particularly like that, its offensive to them I believe in some way, but they understand its a cultural thing and accept it. This is a Muslim society, yet they make allowances for us 'crazy, sexually frivolous' Westerners. Don't see why we can't reciprocate to be honest.
very true but they can still see who you are, fair enough with them wearing their
religious costume but no way should they be allowed to cover their faces like they do.
Old 19-07-2010, 06:21 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a religious thing for them.
It is not a religious thing for them at all!
Possibly traditional (persian thing), same as the scot's wearing a kilt!
Which is why it can be banned
Old 19-07-2010, 07:02 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
It is not a religious thing for them at all!
Possibly traditional (persian thing), same as the scot's wearing a kilt!
Which is why it can be banned
Actually for some people it is, but in places like Saudi Arabia and Iran, its not religion, but patriarchy which forces this on women. Some women choose to wear it a a sign of the depth of their belief in their faith, and only wear it when they will be around men who are not family members.

There are two verses in the Quran that make mention of this and people choose to interpret these in different ways.

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful

So, wearing it is a religious choice if people choose to interpret it that way.
Old 19-07-2010, 07:08 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

but the quran has two (well probably more) way's of reading everything.
But muslim leaders have said it aint so thats good enough for me
Old 19-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

That's a bloody long sentence!!
Old 19-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Actually for some people it is, but in places like Saudi Arabia and Iran, its not religion, but patriarchy which forces this on women. Some women choose to wear it a a sign of the depth of their belief in their faith, and only wear it when they will be around men who are not family members.

There are two verses in the Quran that make mention of this and people choose to interpret these in different ways.

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful

So, wearing it is a religious choice if people choose to interpret it that way.
Thank god
Old 19-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Paynee
Regular Contributor

give it 10-15 years and it will be more likely law that wome have to wear the burkha than it is banned!! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...continent.html
Old 19-07-2010, 08:29 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenebm
id sent them all back to wherever they belong never mind make them take those things off.sooner this country is british again the better.
Spot on m8.

Quick Reply: Burka ban>? Why not