General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Burka ban>? Why not

Search this Thread

Old 20-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

wow chip more abuse

was waiting for you to use the word brainwashed, you are really predictable.

At the end of the day, its my faith, you cant and wont understand it, i wont try to force you to understand it either. i wont even be abusive towards you because you wont or dont want to make the effort to understand

its like when people say to me, 'WHAT you dont drink?!?' it will never interest me but doesnt mean for to call people that drink are all tossbagging drunks

your extremisit mate, through and through, you say you are british? my big brown arse

if it isnt your way or someone doesnt agree with you no matter how polite they are then they are tottaly wrong and you make sure that everyone thinks your way
Old 20-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kam B

your extremisit mate, through and through, you say you are british? my big brown arse

Surely, being British is a nationality.
It isn't defined by your actions or opinions.
I fail to see how you can tell someone they're not when they are!
Old 20-07-2010, 10:30 AM
RS220Turbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Chip i agree with the brain washing bit!

Kam B you fool, If a man kills a man just because he is a Sikh, and somebosy takes it in there own hands to take revenge hes a terrorist???? HAHAHAHAHAH Read up why they killed the man, and read up on the punjabs history, thats been going on since 1978, your so qiuck to turn it the other way!! Also thats one case, if i start posting muslim cases of terrorist actions, il be here all day!!

If your bro inlaw converted to islam thats his fault!!

anyway this is getting boring already, Back to the topic, i agree with all the above!
Old 20-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

wow chip more abuse
Im not being abusive, im giving my opinions and backing them up with reasoning.

was waiting for you to use the word brainwashed
Of course you were mate, its inevitable people are going to use the word brainwashed when talking about people who are brainwashed.

you are really predictable.
I am VERY predictable, people who are honest, open and logical are predicatable by definition

At the end of the day, its my faith, you cant and wont understand it
I understand it far better than you do, I understand that its a mind control methodology used by powerful men to control and oppress the weak, which seems to be a lot more than you understand about it.
I aslo understand that your faith does NOT requre women to wear the Burqa, are you mistakenly under the belief that the Qu'ran says something different to what it does? If you are going to use your faith as an excuse, at least bother to read your faiths religious text properly first

i wont try to force you to understand it either. i wont even be abusive towards you because you wont or dont want to make the effort to understand
standard issue response from the member of any religious cult who is trying to take moral highground whilist completely avoiding any sort of detailed and reasoned discussion which will reveal the ridiculousness of such practices.

its like when people say to me, 'WHAT you dont drink?!?' it will never interest me but doesnt mean for to call people that drink are all tossbagging drunks

I am extremist in my belief that the british way of life, is worth holding onto and I dont want it eroded by a flood of immigrants who have utterly no wish to intergrate with our society and are here purely for selfish economic reasons.
I welcome anyone who wants to come and be part of our society, im not racist, im not even anti-religious, I think that in the main the fools who follow religion do so in a way that benefits the lives of others, so I dont actually view religion for others as a bad thing, I just dont wish to partake in it myself.

if it isnt your way or someone doesnt agree with you no matter how polite they are then they are tottaly wrong and you make sure that everyone thinks your way
That actually seems to better describe you than me, I have given reasons for all my views, and asked to hear reasons for yours, you however just reply with "thats my religion, lump it" which isnt even accurate, its you that is not up for a discussion to understand each others views better, not myself.
Old 20-07-2010, 10:46 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Well put chip
Old 20-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes chip you are right,

i totally forgot before posting that you know everything

nice break down and comment of everything i said. Chip wheres your name calling gone now in your last post? the tone of your last reply has changed

Tell me and list why you say im brain washed i will find it interesting espcially to hear
it from someone iv never met off the net.

you are right, you always are, well done
Old 20-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Chip

yes chip you are right
My posts are aimed at putting accross my honest opinion, and as they are an accurate represenation of my opinion, they are right by definition althoguh I fail to see why you need to comment on that.
They may differ from the opinions of others though of course,but they are only meant to respresent me not anyone else in the first place.

i totally forgot before posting that you know everything
That is incorrect, nor do i claim to know everything, I learn new things everyday.

nice break down and comment of everything i said.
I have nothing to hide, im not ashamed of my views and my views are based on reasoned thoughts, so I am happy to break down what I say into readable chunks.

Chip wheres your name calling gone now in your last post?
I referred to people who blindly follow religion as fools, which is name calling if you want to view it as such, although IMHO its just an accurate description

the tone of your last reply has changed
Maybe the tone of how you have read it changed, but im still as resolute in my belief as before that people who dont wish to be a part of our society shoudlnt come to our country.

Tell me and list why you say im brain washed i will find it interesting espcially to hear
Because you have a set of beliefs that you cannot give any reasoning to support having.
I have explained to you my reasons why I believe women shouldnt wear a burqa, but you are totally unable to give a logical breakdown of why you think they should, and more specifically you seem totally unable to see past what you feel is a legitimate religious use for them (you've even been brainwashed into thinking they are required by your religion, they arent) to see the larger scale problems that their prescence on the high street poses.

you are right, you always are, well done
If I was not confident in what I say, I wouldnt say anything, so yes you are correct that what I post will tend to be accurate as unlike most I dont feel the need to post about stuff if its something I dont know about.
In this case I am posting about my opinions, something I know a lot about, and in other posts it might be on some other subject I know a lot about like tuning engines, you'll not see my commenting much on knitting though for example, as I know very little about that so leave others who do to make such posts instead if they wish.
Old 20-07-2010, 11:02 AM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RS220Turbo
hahahaha Knives and guns!!!!! All the muslims in the country that hate the white man, and the way this country is run, but there still here eating from the white mans hand hahah Who gives a shite what you think Kam B, nobody on this post does Also sikhs aint a security risk, we never have been because we as a faith dont kill others, or think we are gona get it our own way!!

The sig is there so people dont get it mixed up in any way with islamic cry baby shite, thinking just because a man wears a turban hes one of u!
well said
Old 20-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You do put your point accross well but if you dont agree with somone then thats it you like a ton of bricks on them

Maybe I read your post differently? maybe your turning it round.

I have a set of beliefs that I chose to follow, which i am learning every single day of my life, i have a genuine interest in it

No matter what i say in my opinions on the burqa you will pick things out of it tell me im stupid and then make your followers point and laugh

You have a good thing going on here

: )
Old 20-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Chip

You do put your point accross well but if you dont agree with somone then thats it you like a ton of bricks on them

Maybe I read your post differently? maybe your turning it round.

I have a set of beliefs that I chose to follow, which i am learning every single day of my life, i have a genuine interest in it

No matter what i say in my opinions on the burqa you will pick things out of it tell me im stupid and then make your followers point and laugh

You have a good thing going on here

: )
Thats about your tenth post or so talking about "your opinions on the burqa" so far but as of yet you havent actually just done a post which is:

My opinions on the burqa are....

The reasons for these opinions are.....

You make out like im dismissing your views, but in fact ive asked you time and time again to go into them, instead of which you just talk about the fact that you apparently hold some beliefs but not what they are or why you feel that.

Its YOU that is stopping you have a decent input to any thread on this subject, not anyone else, as you are chosing to post a lot and say very little, why bother with all that typing if you arent even going to include your actual opinions and reasoning?
Old 20-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I entered this post with this comment

So burkas are disliked thats been made obvious, what about the Men? Ban the beard too?

What about the men and the beards, what should we do with them? Put Gillette razors on the NHS?
If i put my opinion and reson for my opinion in an exam like sentance as you want what will i get back?

What do you think il get back from airing my opinion?
Old 20-07-2010, 12:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
The whole point of CCTV cameras is that they can identify known wanted persons as they wander around the town centre with an expensive official person like a copper having to waste their time to as to see the person.
Likewise bank security, its going to be getting fuckign expensive if the bank have to pay someone to ask every person in a burqa to step into a room and reveal their identity etc.

She probably went bonkers cause it wasnt her bus pass, yet another example of the possible ways in which hiding your identity can be profitable to you at the cost of others.

Again, why should society have to keep footing the bill to identify people, if you dont want to be seen in public, stay in your own fucking house, or better still stay in your own fucking country
i think you've misunderstood mate, i was advocating NOT being allowed to wear them in sensitive areas, such as banks etc when you need to see the face, but ALLOW them to wear them when they are doing everyday going out stuff with the provision that, while they are doing their everyday outdoors stuff which necessitates (if they so wish) the wearing of the facial part of the outfit, they should also carry with them some form of official id such as a passport

if they are stopped for whatever reason they can produce the passport and remove their facial viel to prove who they are and then they are allowed on their way

you don't get them stopped so not a problem

^

Of course I will support it, the turban is a problem too you can hide knives and guns up there but you dont see me complain

nice sig!
Old 20-07-2010, 12:21 PM
dojj

how can you hide a gun in your turban?
or a knife?

if you wear a turban you are very likely to be carrying some sort of "concealed" weapon in the form of a knife under your clothing anyway as a form of ceremonial decoration and not to stab and rob pensioners or other youths in the vicinity

being passionate about being religous doesn't mean you shuld say things about other that you cannot verify, i have no idea why muslim women would want to wear a viel, cover themselves up and then feel "empowered" that they can do so, to me they are idiots, but that's their look out if they want to sweat and suffer in this heat
Old 20-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dojj, i was being padantic mate

Should women stop wearing the dabata too?
Old 20-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If you find a burka threatening it's probably because you have a underlying worry that all muslims are terrorists which I think is a worrying view. I would find it really unpleasant if a liberal and laid back society such as ours even considered a ban.

So what if another culture wants to keep the faces of their women covered. Vive la difference.

Charlie
Old 20-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Char1ie
If you find a burka threatening it's probably because you have a underlying worry that all muslims are terrorists which I think is a worrying view. I would find it really unpleasant if a liberal and laid back society such as ours even considered a ban.

So what if another culture wants to keep the faces of their women covered. Vive la difference.

Charlie
Its not muslims wearing a burqa that is my main concern, on the whole I bet that muslims are one of the more law abididing subsets of our community, its IRA terrorists, rapists, Rauol Moat etc that I dont want wearing them, and if they are legal in public then how will the police know who is allowed to be wearing them or not?
The police are already bad enough at their job so anything you can take away from the criminal the better, and taking away the ability to hide behind burqa is removing a useful tool for criminals IMHO
Old 20-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Chip

I entered this post with this comment

If i put my opinion and reson for my opinion in an exam like sentance as you want what will i get back?

What do you think il get back from airing my opinion?
If you dont have an opinion to give, why post at all just to not give it? Surefully you get even less back from that?
Old 20-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Shandy-Ade

Should be banned yes, instantly

Wont be banned as our gouvernment are too scared
Old 20-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Its not muslims wearing a burqa that is my main concern, on the whole I bet that muslims are one of the more law abididing subsets of our community, its IRA terrorists, rapists, Rauol Moat etc that I dont want wearing them, and if they are legal in public then how will the police know who is allowed to be wearing them or not?
The police are already bad enough at their job so anything you can take away from the criminal the better, and taking away the ability to hide behind burqa is removing a useful tool for criminals IMHO
Have you reviewed the police arrest statistics to see how many burkas have been used in criminal activity recently? Are armed robbers giving up hoods, masks, tights, balaclavs and motorbike helmets and adopting the burka?

Banning burkas won't reduce crime or terrorism - it's just a dig at muslim culture, something that I think is wrong.

Charlie
Old 20-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chip, i posted because i wanted too

i joined in saying this

'So burkas are disliked thats been made obvious, what about the Men? Ban the beard too?

What about the men and the beards, what should we do with them? Put Gillette razors on the NHS? '

Charlie you have made a good point
Old 20-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Char1ie
Have you reviewed the police arrest statistics to see how many burkas have been used in criminal activity recently? Are armed robbers giving up hoods, masks, tights, balaclavs and motorbike helmets and adopting the burka?
If they arent adopting it, they are stupid, the police would be far too terrified to do a random stop check on someone in a burqa and ask to see their face!

Banning burkas won't reduce crime or terrorism - it's just a dig at muslim culture, something that I think is wrong.
I dont mind muslim culture, as I said in the other thread I have utterly no problem with the nihab, its only the burqa that is a dream come true for anyone wanting to hide their identity, and likewise its only the burqa that puts up a very big "fuck you" to everyone else as not being worth interacting with.
Old 20-07-2010, 01:47 PM
dojj

Dojj, i was being padantic mate

Should women stop wearing the dabata too?
if they use it to cover their face rater than their heads then yes
Old 23-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-10728912

It's started
Old 23-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fpmsl in Slough too

...here we go again, just after the ban in frenchland the bbc will start showing more of these pointless stories
Old 23-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Chip

As the metroline bus company doesnt have a policy against people getting on with their face covered he will get fucked for that I suspect!
I think he was in the right personally to not let her on whilst wearing a disguise as it could have been anyone, but that wont be the view of the law when deciding if he acted appropriately or not.
Old 23-07-2010, 02:26 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Good on him if i ever meet the fella i will buy him a pint
Old 23-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it could have been anyone.

is that how we should live our lives? being paranoid at others around us?
Old 23-07-2010, 02:34 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

We need to be paranoid these days cause these terrorist cunts
Old 23-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol a woman getting in to a bus covered aint going to take over the world and 'terrorise' people because they are popping out to get some halal meat and naan bread's are they

Old 23-07-2010, 02:50 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Kam you cant get this into your thick head. How do they drivers even know its a wooman ? it could be a crazed fanatic under that thing & nobody knows cause you see a glimpse of a pair of eyes! again why dont you put a ballaclava on & try walk on a bus or walk into a post office bank see what happens but they get away with it its not on good on the bus driver although he will get fucked for it i bet.
Old 23-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Chip

lol a woman getting in to a bus covered aint going to take over the world and 'terrorise' people because they are popping out to get some halal meat and naan bread's are they

How exactly does he even know its a woman when she is wearing a full face veil?
Old 23-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and when are you going to get it in to your pea sized brain that its easy to tell how a woman walks/acts when out and about, in that report was she carrying anyshopping bags?

if you are in a bus and a covered woman hops on holding food shopping bags are you going to run?
Old 23-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Chip

is that how we should live our lives? being paranoid at others around us?
I view someone wearing any outfit that deliberately hides their identity as suspicious, its not paranoia, its common sense that if someone is hiding their identity there may well be a negative reason as to why.
Old 23-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Chip

and when are you going to get it in to your pea sized brain that its easy to tell how a woman walks/acts when out and about, in that report was she carrying anyshopping bags?

if you are in a bus and a covered woman hops holding food shopping bags are you going to run?
Someones walk doesnt identify their gender, especially with the shape and manorism of half the fat cunts near me wearing this shite, they could easily be me for all anyone can tell looking at them, nothing feminine at all about a big fat sack of black cloth and a smell of curry eminating from it

Besides, You are aware that females can be criminals too?

Last edited by Chip; 23-07-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 23-07-2010, 02:54 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Load of bollocks, at the end of the day there are situations in todays society where it is not acceptable to hide your face - banks, airports, shops, public transport etc etc.

I wont be welcomed into a bank with a crash helmet or balaclava on - people want thing equal right? well then everyone has to play by the rules.

We all have to make adjustments in order to live as a multi ethnic society, if you dont want to adjust and accept the laws of a country, then it is not for you.
Old 23-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I view someone wearing any outfit that deliberately hides their identity as suspicious, its not paranoia, its common sense that if someone is hiding their identity there may well be a negative reason as to why.

thats your thoughts, not everyone will share when someone wearing any outfit that deliberately hides their identity is suspicious
Old 23-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Someones walk doesnt identify their gender, especially with the shape and manorism of half the fat cunts near me wearing this shite, they could easily be me for all anyone can tell looking at them, nothing feminine at all about a big fat sack of black cloth and a smell of curry eminating from it

Besides, You are aware that females can be criminals too?

lol nice
so you think that every one in a burqa is a big fat sack of black cloth and smells of curry?
Old 23-07-2010, 03:00 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by matts1
Load of bollocks, at the end of the day there are situations in todays society where it is not acceptable to hide your face - banks, airports, shops, public transport etc etc.

I wont be welcomed into a bank with a crash helmet or balaclava on - people want thing equal right? well then everyone has to play by the rules.

We all have to make adjustments in order to live as a multi ethnic society, if you dont want to adjust and accept the laws of a country, then it is not for you.
Spot on mate . Thing is they know this they are just making a cunt of our goverment because they have been let away with it all these years! its us that get the brunt tho when you try go on holiday & get treated like your a suspect. Equal rights no way! Could you imagine if all us started wearing them & our wifes etc the state of national security would be through the roof.
Old 23-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Shandy-Ade

I bet they get thousands in compensation now, instead they should be told that was the right decision and to ban the stupid ninja outfit
Old 23-07-2010, 03:11 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

France have the right idea by a mile but this goverment hasnt got the balls they will stick up for them.

Quick Reply: Burka ban>? Why not