General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Burka ban>? Why not

Search this Thread

Old 19-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

As per all the other threads.

If an irish catholic man going into a bank isnt allowed to wear a balaclava and a big raincoat, then he shouldnt be allowed to wear a burqa etc either.
Old 19-07-2010, 08:43 PM
roscom
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Spot on m8.
Agreed also.Get the burka banned as well,they look like a walking postbox with them on.Brings new irony to letterbombing i suppose.
Old 19-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Do we though?

Just playing devil's advocate, but I've just come back from a muslim county after a holiday there, and there were plenty of British tarts with plenty of flesh on display, when you're clearly asked to be a bit more respectful, and cover up a little....
Were they living there or just on holiday?
Old 19-07-2010, 10:58 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
i might start my own religion where part of it is you must wear a balaclava at all time's if you want to!
Anyone in?
I'll join but i want one that's not all itchy and prickly.
Do we though?

Just playing devil's advocate, but I've just come back from a muslim county after a holiday there, and there were plenty of British tarts with plenty of flesh on display, when you're clearly asked to be a bit more respectful, and cover up a little....
Let me guess which county you went to, ummm somewhere in West Yorkshire - errrr - Bradford.
Originally Posted by collierm
Its a religious thing for them. Have to say, I don't have an issue with them. If the person wants to do wrong, a bloody ban of face veils isn't suddenly going to make the world safer. Not every person wearing one is a terrorist.

Agreed about the integration, but, its still freedom of choice. I can walk around here in Qatar in a pair of shorts and bare feet. Muslims don't particularly like that, its offensive to them I believe in some way, but they understand its a cultural thing and accept it. This is a Muslim society, yet they make allowances for us 'crazy, sexually frivolous' Westerners. Don't see why we can't reciprocate to be honest.
Yeah but a pair of shorts make it fairly difficult to conceal anything dodgy and do not hide your identity.
Originally Posted by stevenebm
id sent them all back to wherever they belong never mind make them take those things off.sooner this country is british again the better.
+1
Old 19-07-2010, 11:05 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Red16
Hoodies don't explode!
Could be an advantage if some of them did
Old 19-07-2010, 11:35 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Got to ban veils at weddings then as the poor fucker can’t see who he’s marrying

Out of curiosity and in keeping with Pons devils advocate, how many bombings have been carried out whilst using burkas? I don’t agree with what it stands for, but then again I don’t agree with the Nazis or indeed the BNP but you can still be party to it and there’s no talk of banning that. The bigger picture springs to mind.
Old 19-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by EIL132
Got to ban veils at weddings then as the poor fucker can’t see who he’s marrying

Out of curiosity and in keeping with Pons devils advocate, how many bombings have been carried out whilst using burkas? I don’t agree with what it stands for, but then again I don’t agree with the Nazis or indeed the BNP but you can still be party to it and there’s no talk of banning that. The bigger picture springs to mind.
In this country not any that I am aware of, but in isreal there have been several IIRC.

Also didnt one of the bombers over here allegedly escape abroad using a female relatives burqa and passport? As im sure that is what I heard.
Im guessing thats going to be hard to prove it if was just a rumour or true though of course!

Bottom line isnt wether they have been used for that or not though, the fact remains how easily they could be, and countless other crimes for that matter.

If the rest of us have to show our face in a bank and take off our crash helmets at petrol stations etc, then its ridiculous that we dont have to take off a burqa too if I choose to wear that instead, so we either need to ban them, or allow other forms of hidden identity too, it needs to be the same rules for all.
Old 20-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Originally Posted by tabetha
I totally think they should be banned, all the time in public, camera's and people can only recognise people, by thier faces, except for the "racist" USAF kit, produced by HP it couldn't recognise black people, as it couldn't detect shaded areas of/on the skin that would be the case with whiteys, mate sent me a clip of one on trial in whitesands, NM.
tabetha
Problem solved, we will require people to register their burkha wearing wives with the DVLA, they must display a tax disc and registration plate.

Could you imagine? MU51 MMM as a reg plate on a woman in a burkha? lmfao!
Old 20-07-2010, 01:05 AM
bubba sparxx

Should be called Burkastan not England.

Last edited by bubba sparxx; 20-07-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 20-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Originally Posted by bubba sparxx
t
Why didn't anyone else think of that? PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Old 20-07-2010, 01:07 AM
bubba sparxx

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Why didn't anyone else think of that? PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Ha Ha
Old 20-07-2010, 05:21 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

just get rid of the people wearing them------------
Old 20-07-2010, 08:20 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

If they want to wear it let them wear it, but if they need to confirm their identity to an official for a genuine reason they they should not feel outraged that they are asked to remove it.

Back in the days when I was a bus driver a woman came on and showed her bus pass to me and walked on. But the bus pass showed her face so I asked her to come back and show me her face so that I could verify it was her and she went absolutly bonkers. So double standards?

Agree to have them off when you are in a bank/airport etc and they should carry passorts for ID with them to prove that it is them under the ninja outfit should they need to validate themselves to someone.

It would also make sure they were allowed to be here in the first place so everyone happy
Old 20-07-2010, 08:27 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Fuck the lot of them its been said before our country respect our rules ! But no the cunts come here do as they please sponge of us , plot to kill us! & what does the goverment do PAY for them its fucking outrageous but its too far gone now..The auzies have the right idea..Its ony goin to get worse as well as i said before its the ethnic majority not minority now.Rant over i await the bull shit threats from dickhead & co
Old 20-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by dojj
If they want to wear it let them wear it, but if they need to confirm their identity to an official for a genuine reason they they should not feel outraged that they are asked to remove it.
The whole point of CCTV cameras is that they can identify known wanted persons as they wander around the town centre with an expensive official person like a copper having to waste their time to as to see the person.
Likewise bank security, its going to be getting fuckign expensive if the bank have to pay someone to ask every person in a burqa to step into a room and reveal their identity etc.

Back in the days when I was a bus driver a woman came on and showed her bus pass to me and walked on. But the bus pass showed her face so I asked her to come back and show me her face so that I could verify it was her and she went absolutly bonkers. So double standards?
She probably went bonkers cause it wasnt her bus pass, yet another example of the possible ways in which hiding your identity can be profitable to you at the cost of others.

Agree to have them off when you are in a bank/airport etc and they should carry passorts for ID with them to prove that it is them under the ninja outfit should they need to validate themselves to someone.
Again, why should society have to keep footing the bill to identify people, if you dont want to be seen in public, stay in your own fucking house, or better still stay in your own fucking country
Old 20-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So burkas are disliked thats been made obvious, what about the Men? Ban the beard too?

What about the men and the beards, what should we do with them? Put Gillette razors on the NHS?
Old 20-07-2010, 08:53 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

A beard is hardly the same as seeing 2 eyes & a black sheet walking about..
Old 20-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But then its from the same faith? Cant just say ban this but that is ok
Old 20-07-2010, 09:00 AM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

let them wear them just not here send the lot home
Old 20-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its an odd one to talk about.

People forget that no one is forcing anyone to stay where they dont want to, anyone can jump on a plane and fly out to live anywhere they want. Abide with the laws of the land
Old 20-07-2010, 09:04 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its the security factor thats the problem i dont know how yous cant get that into your thick head's! We us brittish peaople are being filmed every day in life getting herrased going through a airport's etc. We would not be allowed to walk into a bank with a motorcycle helmet / balaclaver covering out face but these cunts can ? whats fair about that ? Hell your not meant to walk into a shop / petrol station etc with a helmet on but they can do it with a black sheet only showing their eyes!
Old 20-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by carlo
Its the security factor thats the problem i dont know how yous cant get that into your thick head's! We us brittish peaople are being filmed every day in life getting herrased going through a airport's etc. We would not be allowed to walk into a bank with a motorcycle helmet / balaclaver covering out face but these cunts can ? whats fair about that ? Hell your not meant to walk into a shop / petrol station etc with a helmet on but they can do it with a black sheet only showing their eyes!

So ban the beard carlo

I like the way you put we british and forget im a brit too
Old 20-07-2010, 09:13 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Let me guess which county you went to, ummm somewhere in West Yorkshire - errrr - Bradford.
Ha, good spot.

Morocco - and the muslim population I encountered was nothing but respectful and helpful.

The white Brits abroad were largely disrespectful and couldn't care less about other people's culture.

Somewhat of a hypocrisy....
Old 20-07-2010, 09:17 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Im refering to the burkah wearers if your one of them get your beard shaved cunt

I dont think the beard is a problem on camera you can still make enough of the person out with a beard with a burkah (sp) you have no chance.

Seriously mate be reasonable here what would happen if i walked into a bank/post office covering my whole face hair the lot only showing my eyes! I would get done for intent to robbery the panick alarms would be hit in a second.Same if i tried to walk through a airport in the same mannor but they get away with it , its not on get them off
Old 20-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The white Brits abroad were largely disrespectful and couldn't care less about other people's culture.

Somewhat of a hypocrisy....
A trend iv noticed too
Old 20-07-2010, 09:19 AM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

none of them will need the stupit black sheet if that gurka gets hold of them lol
Old 20-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Carlo but someone wearing a helmet or a balaclava into a bank etc is something to worry about, a peice of cloth over a woman is hardly scary unless they had a huge rucksack on their backs with c4 sticking out of it, i hardly think that will happen

Come and shave my (apparent) beard off big boy
Old 20-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by carlo
Im refering to the burkah wearers if your one of them get your beard shaved cunt

I dont think the beard is a problem on camera you can still make enough of the person out with a beard with a burkah (sp) you have no chance.

Seriously mate be reasonable here what would happen if i walked into a bank/post office covering my whole face hair the lot only showing my eyes! I would get done for intent to robbery the panick alarms would be hit in a second.Same if i tried to walk through a airport in the same mannor but they get away with it , its not on get them off
The burqa doesnt even show the eyes mate, it shows NOTHING at all, the eyes are hidden behind a vail.

Would be awesome if you are a secret homosexual and dont want your mates to know, cause your wife could easily be a bloke instead
Old 20-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Kam B
Carlo but someone wearing a helmet or a balaclava into a bank etc is something to worry about, a peice of cloth over a woman is hardly scary unless they had a huge rucksack on their backs with c4 sticking out of it, i hardly think that will happen

Come and shave my (apparent) beard off big boy
How the hell do the bank know its a woman not a bloke under the veil?
Just because its MEANT to be a women, doesnt mean it will be, thats the whole fucking problem, anyone who wants to can just pretend to be a nice sweet innocent little religious woman, when in fact they are a male rapist or a wanted pedo or a known terrorist.
Old 20-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh chip, your such an angry person
Old 20-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Chip

Oh chip, your such an angry person
Passionate, not angry, unlike most people on here, I am actually quite partiotic and I dont want my country to be ruined just to pander to the whims of some recent immigrants who want to come here and make us take massive risks with our national security just so that people dont realise how ugly their wife is

Im very much a "live and let live" person, but I do think there is a line that we shoudlnt cross when trying to facilitate the intergration of immigrants to this country, if they dont even want to interact with us on a basic level like making eye contact or being recognised, I genuinely feel they have NO place here.

Last edited by Chip; 20-07-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 20-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Chip am sure you can tell when its a woman in a burka whilst waiting in a queue at the post office/bank
Old 20-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Chip

Chip am sure you can tell when its a woman in a burka whilst waiting in a queue at the post office/bank
Nope, absolutely no definitive way of telling when coupled with those massive black robes they often wear, especially some of the fatties, it could easily be a couple of people under there
And anyway, being a woman doesnt instantly mean you arent a bank robber.

My objections are twofold to the burqa:
1) Its a massive security risk
2) Its just a totally fucking ignorant opt out of basic human interaction, its a way of coming over here and being privvy to the economic benefits of being here, but without wanting to actually interact with the natives, and I dont think we should allow ourselves to be mugged off like that, either you want to be a part of society or you dont, if you dont then live somewhere you do want to be a part of IMHO
Old 20-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah but there are average joes out there who dont like to interact with others too
Old 20-07-2010, 10:01 AM
RS220Turbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Kam b you chat some rubbish, the Burka is a big problem with security, and people feel its not needed in a land where everybody is on the some level, but then again you are a muslim so you will support the burka!!

Also the samali lad who shot and killed the police woman up north got out of the country wearing his sisters burka!!!
Old 20-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

^

Of course I will support it, the turban is a problem too you can hide knives and guns up there but you dont see me complain

nice sig!
Old 20-07-2010, 10:07 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Thank god im not the only one that thinks it should be banned.

Im surprised criminals havent clicked on sooner dressing up in the burkah & robbing joints be a hell of alot easier than wearing a mask
Old 20-07-2010, 10:11 AM
RS220Turbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

hahahaha Knives and guns!!!!! All the muslims in the country that hate the white man, and the way this country is run, but there still here eating from the white mans hand hahah Who gives a shite what you think Kam B, nobody on this post does Also sikhs aint a security risk, we never have been because we as a faith dont kill others, or think we are gona get it our own way!!

The sig is there so people dont get it mixed up in any way with islamic cry baby shite, thinking just because a man wears a turban hes one of u!
Old 20-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol thats them that cant differentiate between other ethnicity

ALL the muslims that hate the white man?! fpmsl does that include the white men that revert so my brother in law hates white people even though he is a revert and is white! gosh! full of hate!

who gives a shite what i think, what you think or what anyone thinks! are you going to make a difference? Sikhs carry knives is that not a security risk when you have a sikh drunk with a knife on him collecting his kids or going shopping?

Islamic cry baby shite, what are 'islamics' crying about?

You are a faith that dont kill others?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/860179.stm

Old 20-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Chip

^

Of course I will support it
Why?
What benefit does it bring that makes it worth putting up with all the massive negative impacts it brings?

Or is it just because you are as brainwashed as the pathetic wretches forced to wear it?

Quick Reply: Burka ban>? Why not