General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone quit cannabis??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone quit cannabis??

Hello peeps, bascically i got a tug on Sat night and had some green in the car with me, wasnt smoking any and its all personal use!!

Anyway, when he opened the door he smelt the crow so i owned up and gave him the green!! I ended up getting a DA22, which is a £80 fine, no criminal record, but it goes on the PNC!!

The copper said that he would be informing the dvla of the offence, and they will be writing to me with a medical questionairre, and i may have to pass a medical (blood test im guessing) to keep my license!!

Ive lost me license before so will do anything to keep it!! Problem is, i dont want to quit, i no its bad and illegal etc etc, but theres nowt better than kicking back with a few mates smoking a joint, i dont drink anymore so its my only release!!

Ive been smoking for about 5 years!! But the habit got worse 4 years ago and since then it has been a every day habit, normally 3-5 joints a day!! This is gonna be the hardest thing ive ever done, esp as 90% of my mates smoke!!

So has anyone quit that can give me some pointers?? Ive not had one since last night, but this is the time of day when i spark up (after work) and i have some on me, so far ive been ok, but its only gonna get worse!!

Thanks for any help
Old 05-07-2010, 05:21 PM
sean_rsts2
addicted to boost

sounds like you need to talk to frank mate!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:23 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

pmsl yea i was thinking that!!

I jus rolled a cigeratte, using a big rizla and roach, so atleast it looks like a joint
Old 05-07-2010, 05:24 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

don't carry weed in your car, cycle to collect it, joking aside, you need something to divert your attention
Old 05-07-2010, 05:25 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sean_rsts2
sounds like you need to talk to frank mate!
Yeah frank gallagher
Its NOT addictive! Its all in the mind. You will find it hard to sleep for a week or so (just have a joint and you'll nod off though) but i cant understand why you'd want to tbh?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Do you really want to give up though? You have to convince yourself before you can convince anyone else, and once you are sure in your own mind its far easier to convince other people you are serous about it, also much easier to say no!

Im in a similar situation to you, everyone i see on a regular basis smoke it so its very hard to escape it without cutting off everyone u know and hoping for the best!

It can be done though, if you cant just stop altogether then you can drastically reduce your intake of it, for instance dont smoke it during the week! Ive found I spend alot more time straight than I do stoned lately and as time goes on the easier it is to keep a limit on it.

Its not something id give up altogether (unlike other substances ive abused) because like you say at times there is nothing better than kicking back with mates and having a joint! Its no worse than going out on the piss in my opinion, just less likely to end in illness or a fight!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

similar thing happened to me about 9 yrs ago was caugh skining up by very sneaky un marked car was only cautioned at police station though then droped back at my car,dvla were not informed as far as i know and had no drug test or fine,things change though dont they more recently though i had to stop to pass a medical and drug test for work so i know ur pain as i like nothin better than a good smoke after work and like you i dont realy drink so its my only bad probly spoke 5 to 7 a day my self and it was hard stopping,cigars are sumthin different but no where near realy if you know what i mean,do you know if it wil be blood test or a piss test?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats the thing tho, i dont want to quit at all, i love getting stoned!! Tis so much better than drinking!!

BUT, it looks like im gonna have to pass a medical to keep my driving license, which i see as harsh, i wasnt driving and smoking, jus had it with me!! Im guessing the first week is gonna be hardest, i just feel sorry for the people around me cos im gna be a right horrible cunt i reckon!!

What would be the difference between a blood test and a piss test, they would both show my thc level surely?? Would smoking solid bring my levels down??
Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 PM
wattie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i got my self a job workin in the oil industry so made it an excuse to quit, i did it all tho, smoke durin the week and party party party at the weekend then big smoke for the come down, quit it all in a one go, was well hard for the first few weeks then got easier, had a few mini relapses but been very good the last few years, you really do need a good excuse or something worth quitin for. It'll prob be a piss test they wont fuk about takin blood, try searchin for ultimate detox .com, i used it on my first madicaljust to make sure caus had only stopped weed for 3 weeks before then

Last edited by wattie; 05-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

how long have you got til ur test mate cos it wil take 3 to 4 weeks to get out ur system,i looked into it loads and was clean for 2 weeks,did a test of my own off the bay and was still showin,also tried a drink from local shop called xymax euro pure and did another test which also was pos so dont waste money on that one,you need to know how long you got before the test cos if its not that long you mite as wel not bother stopping,i was takin de tox pills drinking shit loads of cranberry juice, water,eatin real healthy no fat and major exercise was stil showin after 2 wks,if its a blood test you need to get clean if its piss test you mite be able to use sum substitute?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers for that link mate, jus had a look on there and found this;

Blood Testing

Although expensive and intrusive, blood testing is the most accurate confirmation of drug use. Since blood testing accurately detects the presence of the drug or its metabolites at the time of testing, the results from this type of test are the best indication of current intoxication. Blood testing for the use of drugs is primarily used in accident investigations or for health/life insurance medicals. Cannabinoids can be detected up to six hours after consumption by testing blood; after that, the metabolite concentration falls rapidly, and cannabinoids are not detectable in the blood after 22 hours.

Is that statement true?? I trhought cannabis stayed in your system for 14-28 days??
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM
wattie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

http://www.ultimatedetox.co.uk/
Old 05-07-2010, 06:16 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

XR2i turbo - i dunno how long the test is mate, the copper said the letter would take 4 weeks to get to me, id then have 2 weeks to pass a test!! But i cant see a letter taking that long to get to me!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by squizxr
XR2i turbo - i dunno how long the test is mate, the copper said the letter would take 4 weeks to get to me, id then have 2 weeks to pass a test!! But i cant see a letter taking that long to get to me!!
mate, tbh i think he's taking the piss.

i dont think you'll hear anything else.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

its the thc they wil look for it stays it fat cells in ur body so dependin how lean or fat you are affects it too,trust me on the masking drinks though the one i used was shit didnt work cost 40 and gets good reviews on all the detox sites,only way to pass for sure is stay off it long enough or if its a piss test use substitute piss
Old 05-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

ROFL - pot isn't addictive, you don't have to quit; you just stop. Simple!

I did, about 12yrs ago, wasn't a problem
Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 PM
billybigspuds
BANNED
BANNED

i was a smoker for years, last oz i bought was in oct for xmas and it cost me £180 !!!! ran out early jan never bothered buying any more

untill the other night lol, bought a scores worth just to have a little smokey wokey
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst

Thats what i tought to, but dont wanna take the risk tbh!! Altho i wanna carry on smoking........

How can i use a substitue piss?? Surely id have to go to the doctors or old bill station for the test??? I did see a drink on that ultimate detox site, but they aint gonna say if its shit, there trying to sell it lol!!

Thrush, if only it was that simple
Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
billybigspuds
BANNED
BANNED

easy peasy lemon squeezy, if you have a test on a certain day, wake up drink a litre of water, half hour later another litre, do it till you have drunk a good 3 litres if you can, you will then pass the piss test

atleast my living at her majestys pleasure tought me one thing
Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM
lozi
My Cossie Ate My Money

I smoked it from the age of 13 to 24 and im now 25 so i have only given up a year ago, i smoked a fair bit more than you i was smoking spliffs and bongs constant while i wasnt at work and tbh it made me waste alot of the best years of my life!

Its not easy to give up when you mates are smoking it i was in the same boat as you, my car got searched a number of times once outside my house so i decided it wasnt worth it anymore.

Tips wise there really isnt any, if you smoke fags just have a fag instead thats what i did and i recently even gave that up!

I just gave up fully as soon as i decided i wanted to, not even a pull on a spliff nothing! You just need will power and stick to it no matter how hard it seems and trust me it is hard!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

i did my test at medical centre for my job so it was a case of havin to pass or bein suspended til i was clean and i didnt want the embarrasment at work either,the chance they wil watch you piss is slim so you should be able to get away with takin sum with you,pm if ya want il tell ya exactly what i did and passed fine i was stressin for 2 wks bout it and when i failed after stayin clean for 2 wks i was even worse but i got sorted out and it worked a treat,
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

When my mate was tested, they used a sample of hair from his arm pit!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:50 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by squizxr
Thats what i tought to, but dont wanna take the risk tbh!! Altho i wanna carry on smoking........

How can i use a substitue piss?? Surely id have to go to the doctors or old bill station for the test??? I did see a drink on that ultimate detox site, but they aint gonna say if its shit, there trying to sell it lol!!

Thrush, if only it was that simple
mate they might even want a hair sample, then your proper fubar'd

but why would they want to take a drugs test? smells fishy to me.

anyway if they did you went on a stag weekend to the dam
Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

yeah ya doomed mate bout 6 months to get out ur hair they wil take one from anywhere too they all work,the prob with drinkin loads of water is ur piss mite be just water because of the quantity taken in it comes nearly strait thru you and they wont be able to get a test,its all gonna depend how strict they gonna be if its not just the cop tryin to panic you a bit,he could jus be havin a laugh at you mate with his mates knowin nothin gonna happen to you while ur sat at home gaspin to roll a fat one
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

, stop the drugs then you have no problem with keeping your license and also your health
Old 05-07-2010, 07:07 PM
MarkyMark
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Yeah frank gallagher
Its NOT addictive! Its all in the mind. You will find it hard to sleep for a week or so (just have a joint and you'll nod off though) but i cant understand why you'd want to tbh?

you mean its not physicaly addictive but is mentally, mentally addivctive things are as bad as any addication
Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MarkyMark
you mean its not physicaly addictive but is mentally, mentally addivctive things are as bad as any addication
sorry mate i worded it wrong. it is not addictive at all

you just get used to been stoned rather then needing it.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:29 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

-drug users on the forum---great
Old 05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by BM08
, stop the drugs then you have no problem with keeping your license and also your health
your talking about something you know nothing about, can you prove your above statement is true?

how does it effect your health, please answer that 1 for me
Old 05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

MTFU and stop? Or, don't and lose your license. Your choice.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
-drug users on the forum---great

brilliant aint it
Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
gaz4x4cos
Regular Contributor

+1
Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

getting stoned is mint,you should get your dealer to drop it off i do no risk of getting pulled then like,dont think you'll hear owt of dvla,my mate been cautioned 3times and he never heard owt off dvla.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:34 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

WTF--------------drug users/drivers on the forum now-asking for f--ing advice!!!
WHO,S CONDONING OR NOT CONDONING THIS THEN?/
Old 05-07-2010, 07:37 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

WTF--------------drug users/drivers on the forum now-asking for f--ing advice!!!
lol its a bit of weed
sheltered life by any chance?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:38 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nobodys condoning anything!
he's asked avice on the drug test.

not advice on how to get mortal'ed on skunk then drive and get away with it!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:41 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

ive noticed your a dickhead like that aaroncast dickhead,so to get me point across your a dickhead
Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kosman
ive noticed your a dickhead like that aaroncast dickhead,so to get me point across your a dickhead
Like aaroncast
Old 05-07-2010, 07:46 PM
gaz4x4cos
Regular Contributor

pmsl
Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Originally Posted by paul16v
Like aaroncast