General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone quit cannabis??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Lee1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
WTF--------------drug users/drivers on the forum now-asking for f--ing advice!!!
WHO,S CONDONING OR NOT CONDONING THIS THEN?/
Fuckin hell calm down dear!, its a bit of weed! he aint a smack head
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Lee1

Originally Posted by kosman
ive noticed your a dickhead like that aaroncast dickhead,so to get me point across your a dickhead

Is he aaroncast? got to be with the way he types.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
danb21t
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Sp3no
When i smoked weed i could not be on a train with other people or in a busy pub, i used to get panic attacks and have to leave, never liked busy environments since. During the last world cup i was part of the biggest open air showing of a football match in history, there was 150'000 people stood there watching, i was the only one laying on the floor cuddling my rucksack trying not to be sick as i threw a whitey lol
lol, my mate pulled a whitey once - he wasnt sick but sat in the rain for hours, white as a sheep, totally fucked out of his head.. one bong wonder haha

glad I grew up and stopped smoking, but you really do have to cut yourself off from your mates for a while..
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
-drug users on the forum---great
Oh no, drug users!!! They're going to poison our minds, rape our mothers and impregnate our children with bad Aids!! Let's ban them straight away!!

Originally Posted by feersum_enjin
Cannabis smoke contains the same cancer causing substances (carcinogens) as tobacco - at least 50 of them. In addition, cannabis is often mixed with tobacco when smoked....
Yet there is no increase in cancer between weed smokers, and non-weed smokers. Hmmmm funny that. linky

I smoked weed for a good 10 years, had a good Ł80 a week habit by the end and it pushed me into takeing every other drug under the sun as well. I used to be articulate, intelligent and quite sharp. Nows days my brain is basically fried, it just does not work right. Drugs fuck you up, they are bad and i lost a complete 10 years of my life in a haze. My life would be very different now if i never took drugs. l
The drugs didn't fuck you up, you fucked yourself up by doing them to excess. You can lead a perfectly normal life and take drugs, as long as you know your limits.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

anyone who is under the influence of drugs whilst driving should be treated as a drunk driver and disqualified

it mongs people out no diference to them and smack heads driving
a mate of mine in the 90s was a heavy dope smoker he crashed his car into a lamp post and as a result died 2 days later leaving a girlfriend a child and a unborn child
all because of canabis

Last edited by gouch1; 06-07-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
turbochild

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
The drugs didn't fuck you up, you fucked yourself up by doing them to excess. You can lead a perfectly normal life and take drugs, as long as you know your limits.

That is a bit of a contradiction. It isn't normal to sneek about going to dealers to get drugs then you take them and risk been fired from your job in some cases if drug tested or arrested if caught with them. There is no control over drugs so you don't know what it is mixed with the quality etc plus i've heard of people taking one pill and dieing.

It isn't normal to rely on drink or drugs to get you through the day i don't object to drugs but certainly wouldn't promote them
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thing is with cannabis tho, it stays in ur system for 14-30 days!! Ive not had a joint since sunday night Dont feel stoned at all, but the thc levels in my blood are bound to be sky high still!!

The only times ive ever had a accident or been caught speeding is before my smoking days......
Old 06-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal.
I used to smoke it quite a lot, but stopped when I started hearing submarines....
WTF man clearly it wasnt our boats as they are quiet
i was the only one laying on the floor cuddling my rucksack trying not to be sick as i threw a whitey lol
lol did people not notice and think you were having a fit or some kind of spaz attack??

exactly!! it comes down to the same lack of self control we see with alcohol.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by billybigspuds
easy peasy lemon squeezy, if you have a test on a certain day, wake up drink a litre of water, half hour later another litre, do it till you have drunk a good 3 litres if you can, you will then pass the piss test

atleast my living at her majestys pleasure tought me one thing
well said easy as that
Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

my mate quit recently, he said his sleep was crap for a fortnight, he stopped going round anyones house where a few people were smoking it, and it was otherwise a piece of piss - he had a new bird on the go which helped.

its not worth fooking your driving license up over.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
gouch1

Originally Posted by billybigspuds
easy peasy lemon squeezy, if you have a test on a certain day, wake up drink a litre of water, half hour later another litre, do it till you have drunk a good 3 litres if you can, you will then pass the piss test

atleast my living at her majestys pleasure tought me one thing
total myth
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Lee1

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
WTF man clearly it wasnt our boats as they are quiet

lol did people not notice and think you were having a fit or some kind of spaz attack??

exactly!! it comes down to the same lack of self control we see with alcohol.
No offence intended, but do you ever have a day off? you seem more and more like chip every day.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A mate of mine is friends with a traffic copper, he asked him and said that its all bollox, the dvla wont be writing to me requesting i go for a medical!!

Anyone else confirm this??
Old 06-07-2010, 04:57 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no, drug users!!! They're going to poison our minds, rape our mothers and impregnate our children with bad Aids!! Let's ban them straight away!!

Yet there is no increase in cancer between weed smokers, and non-weed smokers. Hmmmm funny that. linky

agree 100%.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by huautos
anyone who is under the influence of drugs whilst driving should be treated as a drunk driver and disqualified

it mongs people out no diference to them and smack heads driving
a mate of mine in the 90s was a heavy dope smoker he crashed his car into a lamp post and as a result died 2 days later leaving a girlfriend a child and a unborn child
all because of canabis
i agree mate, should be exactly the same as drink driving, there are swab test's now.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by squizxr
Thats what i tought to, but dont wanna take the risk tbh!! Altho i wanna carry on smoking........

How can i use a substitue piss?? Surely id have to go to the doctors or old bill station for the test??? I did see a drink on that ultimate detox site, but they aint gonna say if its shit, there trying to sell it lol!!

Thrush, if only it was that simple
It is tho, thats the point. You just stop doing it. Simple. I did, didn't find it hard at all. From 5 a day to zero in one go. Wasn't a problem
Old 06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I should add, it's still isn't a problem. And I regularly go to a mates house where him n his flat mates smoke half a dozen zoots in an evening whilst I'm sat there with them. Doesn't bother me, I don't toke any of them. It's no big deal, so I don't see why you're making it out to be a life changing event?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

I was going do to a half decent reply as I am a drugs counsellor but can't be arsed
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by turbochild
That is a bit of a contradiction. It isn't normal to sneek about going to dealers to get drugs then you take them and risk been fired from your job in some cases if drug tested or arrested if caught with them. There is no control over drugs so you don't know what it is mixed with the quality etc plus i've heard of people taking one pill and dieing.
No. There's no contradiction there. You can be a regular 'light' user without going to any dealer and without it impacting on your job in any way whatsoever.

As for one pill killing someone. Sure, but more people are killed by donkeys than by Ecstacy and any other pill based recreational drugs. Shall we ban donkeys too?

It's all a question of moderation. If you can't be trusted to moderate what you put into your own body then you've only got yourself to blame.

Originally Posted by turbochild
It isn't normal to rely on drink or drugs to get you through the day i don't object to drugs but certainly wouldn't promote them
No, it's not normal to rely on drugs to get you through the day. That's an addiction, and is a sure sign that it's time to get help.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 06-07-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

It's all a question of moderation. If you can't be trusted to moderate what you put into your own body then you've only got yourself to blame.

I agree with that point aslong as it's Cannabis you are referring to, as most substances that get "misused" are impossible to moderate because of there physical adictive nature.

Cannabis/Marijuana by nature is a mentaly addictive hallucinogenic so as long as the person consuming it has the mental ability not to allow this substance to control there emotions when not under the infuance it can be used non problematicly for aslong as they wish.

Waffle over lol in point, Dan the fast ford lad makes some valid points and others are relating drug use under one impression of which it is all bad, which is ignerant to do.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 PM
RobL

george micheals been arrested again for driving stoned,he crashed his car through a shop window in the early hours
Old 06-07-2010, 06:11 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

press play......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExSdzkZZB0
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Minirotty
I agree with that point aslong as it's Cannabis you are referring to, as most substances that get "misused" are impossible to moderate because of there physical adictive nature.
Yup, I was referring to weed. People see the term 'drugs' and club them all together, when there's a massive range of different ones with wildly different effects, different levels of harm and different levels of addictiveness.

It's the Daily Mail reader's "all druggies should be hung" point of view that really winds me up.

Although this song is quite true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZfLGMtsKTc
Old 06-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Yup, I was referring to weed. People see the term 'drugs' and club them all together

Public perseption enit, a hard thing to change with the way the media will continue to portray drugs in this country.

Doesn't matter how many people there is about either to prove the public perseptions wrong it'll never change imo.

The Liah Betts media coverage years ago has made every one in Britain believe that one ecstasy pill kills most club goers in minutes but the fact that Brian Harvey used to drop dozens a night we was all led to believe it was bullshit and him lieing. Shocking! it happens on a weekly basis with many club goers who go on to be full on respectable members of the british public.

Back to the subject of weed, if the original thread poster really does feel he needs help with stopping the use of Cannabis then you aught to do as it is simple to do and call FRANK, google it etc it is a mentaly addictive drug and you will not rattle.

It's the ManFlu aspect - when we have a common cold and believe we are dieing of bird flu, we're not dieing of bird flu but really lots of people believe they are. Same when stopping Cannabis use, you wont really be ill but you will believe you are no matter what any one says.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Lee1
No offence intended, but do you ever have a day off? you seem more and more like chip every day.
whats wrong with chip??

I have lots of days off at the moment thanks!!
Originally Posted by Minirotty
I was going do to a half decent reply as I am a drugs counsellor but can't be arsed
Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I smoked weed for a good 10 years, had a good Ł80 a week habit by the end and it pushed me into takeing every other drug under the sun as well. I used to be articulate, intelligent and quite sharp. Nows days my brain is basically fried, it just does not work right. Drugs fuck you up, they are bad and i lost a complete 10 years of my life in a haze. My life would be very different now if i never took drugs.
I talk to people now who still smoke it and i think your kidding your self if you think there are no ill effects, you can spot one a mile away just by the way they speak, and i do not mean just when they are stoned. It makes you lazy, you stop caring about anything and everything and always end up hurting the ones around you. It will make you mental. I have been left with a short fuse and my mood changes in a matter of minuites.
At least after i stopped smoking it the paranoia went away, its there you just do not see it. I hated the panic attacks, and the puking when i pulled a whitey
Talk to Frank lol
i think me and you are the same person! or at least we both suffered the same my memory and ability to process info has definatley been screwed up at least now i have my motivation but defo not as smart and quick as i used to be
Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

The anti-weed arguement is a bit lame given that its legal in other countries who are run better than the uk, and it gives no hangover, and damages the organs at a vastly lesser rate than regularly drinking comparitive quants of lager. Plus the town centres arent full of stoners scrapping on a weekend
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

the problem with saying its less harmful than booze ignores the fact that if booze was a recent invention then it too would be illegal its only its large scale social acceptance over thousands of years that makes it legal here today.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the problem with saying its less harmful than booze ignores the fact that if booze was a recent invention then it too would be illegal its only its large scale social acceptance over thousands of years that makes it legal here today.
Warren thats bollocks!
Weed has been around a lot longer, fact!
Man made alcohol, mother nature gave us a plant. It's a natural product! Probably the reason it wont be legal, too easy to avoid tax imho
Old 07-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

thats not the point

has weed been regularly smoked on a massive scale by everyone in western society for thousands of years???

No, it was a very low scale thing.

the point is we live in a society where our government has decided that all severely mind altering drugs are illegal with the exception of alcohol.

if you applied the governments own rules and beliefs then alcohol too should be illegal. and that is the point.

the hypocracy in the law is clear to see.....

changing to a society that accepts such drugs in moderation is not likely to happen any time soon.

quite frankly could you trust the entire population having free and easy legal access to loads of drugs???? the government looks at alcohol and assumes the same lack of discipline and lack of self control would happen with illegal drugs if made legal.

remember most of our MP's and Lords are old farts who mutter "the youth of today" after seeing silly teens and young people destroying the town centre every weekend while blind drunk. And you think those same people would warm to the idea of legalising all drugs???? come on now......
Old 07-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats not the point

has weed been regularly smoked on a massive scale by everyone in western society for thousands of years???

No, it was a very low scale thing.

the point is we live in a society where our government has decided that all severely mind altering drugs are illegal with the exception of alcohol.

if you applied the governments own rules and beliefs then alcohol too should be illegal. and that is the point.

the hypocracy in the law is clear to see.....

changing to a society that accepts such drugs in moderation is not likely to happen any time soon.

quite frankly could you trust the entire population having free and easy legal access to loads of drugs???? the government looks at alcohol and assumes the same lack of discipline and lack of self control would happen with illegal drugs if made legal.

remember most of our MP's and Lords are old farts who mutter "the youth of today" after seeing silly teens and young people destroying the town centre every weekend while blind drunk. And you think those same people would warm to the idea of legalising all drugs???? come on now......
You've got the right idea, but that's all fundamentally skewed.

The alcohol & fag companies are by far the biggest funders of anti-drug campaigns. It's a corporate decision to dumb down & kill off the population in the name of a social norm, facism in effect.

Been said but the BIGGEST problem with the social opinion on drugs is to band them all together. Coke/crack literally alters chemical balances in your brain you become utterly dependant, and honestly beyond the problems behind taking that kind of shit sums up a nice section of scum in society since they live abidingly with completely destroying themselves. Weed is addictive predominantly in a psychological sense, but DOES open the mind and empower free thought, however many stuck up fuckers justify their boring lives in denial of that.

It doesn't kill anyone, people don't kill/fight eachother when high, there's huge cultural definition in weed but like I've said when the segregate/anxious aspect gets pushed on the masses confusion reigns, weeds antithesis... it's all in the name of opposites. They can't afford for everyone to see through populate tactics, the bullshit loses meaning.

The Govt. doesn't fear people will be irresponsible on drugs they fucking encourage it! they push the chaos aspect to feed the fear of the sheeple, if any given person can't make an affected decision then they shouldn't touch drugs or even Burger King. Govt. just knows how much of their irrelavance dissolves when people harness a bit of THC/DMT or actual removed relaxation, that's the demotivational aspect of weed, it's not a depressant...which is all alcohol is.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
It is tho, thats the point. You just stop doing it. Simple. I did, didn't find it hard at all. From 5 a day to zero in one go. Wasn't a problem
Exaclty the same. I used to smoke everyday, especially once i'd finished school and wasn't really going anywhere with my life.
However, the day I passed my driving test I quit. Never even dreamt of touching the stuff afterwards especially after how good I felt after going a week without it.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by percybigun
The anti-weed arguement is a bit lame given that its legal in other countries who are run better than the uk, and it gives no hangover, and damages the organs at a vastly lesser rate than regularly drinking comparitive quants of lager. Plus the town centres arent full of stoners scrapping on a weekend
You have to look at other elements of the argument though. Every single one of my friends that used to smoke with me back in the day is now on much heavy drugs. Including coke which is worse than alcohol for getting violent on, some of them are even dabbling in heroin now and they are complete wasters, they do nothing but get trashed all day every day!

I'm not saying everyone is like this, but alot of people seem to be and society would soon fall apart if everyone was wasted all the time because as with any niche, not everyone has self control.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Again, if people can't make an affected or relatively informed decision on what they use/take they shouldn't be allowed near the stuff, weed ISN'T a catalyst for heavier drugs, but if people rely purely on the escapism they'll go onto that shit, it's personal weakness not a general thing... they deserve all they get!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Id smoke green all day and night if i could, but am too scared to try anything harder, stuff that grows in the ground cant be that bad for ya
Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

We've got cannabanoids, THC receptors & produce DMT (everyone who can be assed read up on Dimethyltriptamine) in our brains... it's a fundamentally natural thing!

NO offence intended here, but one reason cows are considered holy in India is that mushrooms sprouted out of their shit! had guru's tripping along the river Ganges smoking pipes of good weed as well (origin of the word Ganja), and a huge part of the chakra meditation process was built around it. Coined the phrase "That's Good Shit"
Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by squizxr
stuff that grows in the ground cant be that bad for ya
hmmmmm.... Angels trumpet anyone?
http://stupidevilbastard.com/2003/09...is_and_tongue/

http://www.wesh.com/news/4551846/detail.html
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Remember Bill hicks said this...

Only bad drug stories make the news. Big one is the people who try flying off bridges & buildings and we "lost a good man to drugs... no we lost a moron, if you want to fly take off from the ground first, do ducks take a lift to the roof before flying south for winter"

Density can span you conscious & unconscious mind...

K, done.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ad4m RST
Remember Bill hicks said this...

Only bad drug stories make the news. Big one is the people who try flying off bridges & buildings and we "lost a good man to drugs... no we lost a moron, if you want to fly take off from the ground first, do ducks take a lift to the roof before flying south for winter"

Density can span you conscious & unconscious mind...

K, done.
Bill Hicks also spoke quite openly about the details of childrens sexual organs.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Wow, weird your mind went there of all his material though

Randy Pan... the GOATBOY

Quick Reply: Anyone quit cannabis??