General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ignorant ***t parking outside house!

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2010, 08:46 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ignorant ***t parking outside house!

The road I live on is really tight and only has room for parking on one side (our side). Outside mine there is room for two small cars. Next door has room for one but only she drives so no probs there. My missis works 4pm til 10pm so my car is out there but obvioulsy gap for hers when she gets back. Anyway, afore mentioned neighbour (fatty) has started seeing some 10 bob millionaire in a porsche boxster who seems to think its great to park outside my gate and leave it there all night. Thats all well and good but its me that gets the earache at 10pm when she gets back and has to park at end of street. Suggestions on a post card please...
Old 28-06-2010, 08:48 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Buy the street or lump it to be honest

If you have two cars and no drive and live in a street with limited parking what do you expect? Everyone pays road tax.

Sorry if its harsh but its true
Old 28-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a word as he's parking up?

Or piss on his door handles...
Old 28-06-2010, 08:50 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 trolley jacks ftw
Old 28-06-2010, 08:51 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

dog turd under the door handle, just remember to wear gloves!
Old 28-06-2010, 08:54 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

tbh you dont really have a right to moan that i can see, you have two cars, they have two cars and there are three parking spaces on a public?

Best bet is park like a numpty so that you can only get 2 cars in the three spaces, then at 9.55 go and roll your car back so your misses can park up.
Old 28-06-2010, 08:54 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

just try having a word with them if not then dog shat under the handle is always a winner lol
Old 28-06-2010, 08:56 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
Buy the street or lump it to be honest

If you have two cars and no drive and live in a street with limited parking what do you expect? Everyone pays road tax.

Sorry if its harsh but its true
if he lived on our street I wouldnt mind, its like having someone dump a car outside your house, you wouldnt be happy.
Old 28-06-2010, 08:57 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling. Have been through the same over here. Very old street, built when horses were the mode of transport not 2 cars per house. We only have one car and enough room for 3 across the front of our property but more often than not find no spaces available. Our issue is compounded by the guy opposite who parks in our street as his back gate is on our street but his address and house frontage is on an adjoining street. Have spoken to him and he has made a bit of an effort as he has 2 off street spaces (which he didn't used to use) and his visitors used our street as an overflow car park. He has been much better of late about it.

I called the council who were sympathetic (I wasn't fussed about my neighbours blocking my front as we are in the same boat with no off street parking but mine was based on principle of the guy in the adjoining street). They offered to send a letter if it didn't improve but asked I talk to him first to try mediating.

The letter couldn't contain anything forceful and could only contain that a neighbour had observed they were regularly filling up the adjoining street and had their own off street parking.

Funny thing was, the guy doing the parking had no idea he was inconveniencing me or my elderly neighbour or anyone else in the street until it was pointed out. Could be worth trying that first.
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by scottyrs
just try having a word with them if not then dog shat under the handle is always a winner lol
hes seen me walk the dog though so it wouldnt be hard to know who did it, not that I give a fuck, shes rank and hes a cock.
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by matts1
Best bet is park like a numpty so that you can only get 2 cars in the three spaces, then at 9.55 go and roll your car back so your misses can park up.
I wouldn't do that to be honest, 2 wrongs and all that blah blah.

Its a road mate, anyone is entitled to park on it, just live with it i'm afraid.
Old 28-06-2010, 08:59 PM
stephenbatey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Surely even fatty is entitled to some loving lol
Old 28-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

yup very true just live with it im afraid mate..
Old 28-06-2010, 09:01 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry mate but you don't own the road end off really
Old 28-06-2010, 09:02 PM
london_chris
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich170
I wouldn't do that to be honest, 2 wrongs and all that blah blah.

Its a road mate, anyone is entitled to park on it, just live with it i'm afraid.
tis true, he pays road tax, you pay road tax, i dont see the issue????

i have been in ur situation, didnt like ti but had to just park where i could park until i could afford to move and get myself a neww house with offstreet parking?!
Old 28-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Tell the twat with the shit porka that his new bird is a right slag and fucks everyone in the area when he isnt there

He wont be back

Job done
Old 28-06-2010, 09:04 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Its the same where a friend of mine lives. His neighbour has a marked disabled bay outside their house, and his wife has a car too. When she goes out in her car, he rolls his car backwards out of the disabled space into the now empty space her car was, then when she comes back, he moves his car forward into the disabled space so she can then park outside her house again. Now thats fooking naughty IMO.
Old 28-06-2010, 09:07 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by StephenC
if he lived on our street I wouldnt mind, its like having someone dump a car outside your house, you wouldnt be happy.
Happens all the time, but if nobody is causing an obstruction to my drive or the pavement then I have to lump it, thats life mate

All you can do is have a word with your neighbour and see if he has any sympathy for your other half getting home late etc

All those suggesting vandalism/dog shit etc are utter cocks. You dont own the road outside your house and everybody paying road tax is entitled to use it just the same as you
Old 28-06-2010, 09:08 PM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Rich170
Its the same where a friend of mine lives. His neighbour has a marked disabled bay outside their house, and his wife has a car too. When she goes out in her car, he rolls his car backwards out of the disabled space into the now empty space her car was, then when she comes back, he moves his car forward into the disabled space so she can then park outside her house again. Now thats fooking naughty IMO.
I'd do the same. He's not breaking any law is he?
Old 28-06-2010, 09:11 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
I'd do the same. He's not breaking any law is he?
No. However its called being a bit of a selfish cunt IMO.
Old 28-06-2010, 09:11 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't see the neighbour or Mr lover doing you any favours to be honest, why should he park his car up the road and no doubt he loves his porker (the car).

It may be a little cheeky but as i suggested before is about your best option to prevent an ear nagging from the misses everynight.

Either that or all four of you buy Smart cars and you'll all get in!!
Old 28-06-2010, 09:14 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice to see no one has actually said just approach the guy in a calm and friendly manner, and explain the situation, and ask if he could park somewhere else? He might not even realise he is causing a problem?
Old 28-06-2010, 09:15 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Had a problem on Sunday in sainsburys car park.my missus had complained the last few times she's been there of old people bullying her,shouting for her to move the trolley etc,revving their engines and generally being wankers I think mainly because she drives a merc jeep and can ACTUALLY park it.Some old cunt decide,despite there being at least ten other spaces right next to us he would try and park 1mm from the jeep.not noticing I was putting stuff in the boot he started revving his star in a reasonably priced car shit chevvy thing and mouthing to the missus "move!!".I keep a low profile and wait for the cunt to fuck off all grinning and chuffed....until he got back and some bastard had rammed the trolley all down the side of his shitbox,the bastard had even gone to the effort of catching a sharp bit of the trolley and scratching it the entire length of the two now dented doors.oh,and being 20 stone I need to open my heavy mercedes door wide....and into his rear door denting that as well.shit happens but would you park your porker there again if that happenned?
Old 28-06-2010, 09:19 PM
super_cb
Mondeo ST24

used to have the exact same problem so i moved to a house with a drive for 3 cars
Old 28-06-2010, 09:23 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

Hang out of top window and pepper it in eggs should do the trick!
Old 28-06-2010, 09:25 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i have had literally all the above happen to me.
neighbours with shit cars that live 10 mins away will park outside mine cos its a better road.
the bloke on the corner who actually lives on the road mine is off, even tho hes only renting, has a garage and a bay infront of the garage.
next door having a 2 cars, outside mine
lots of things happened.
the bitd next door even used to roll her car into the back of my m3 resulting in the rear bumper needing a respray.
but it was
the other next door neighbour applied for a disabled bay, and the council sent me a letter saying it was going to be put outside my house.
and he has 3 cars for NO reason. 1 transit is his minibus he does cabbying in, a megane for his missus and another megane that is spare????? and they are all base models. lol
and he parks everywhere apart from outside his house, and always leaves the disabled bay empty.
(disabled bay for his son is only a bit slow, but completely mobile and all there)
thats what made me do a driveway.
glad i did now, i wasnt going to bother until the above happened.

but as said, even tho i can sympathise with you, it is just tough luck.
there is nothing you can do as you have no right to the space outside the house.
the only thing you can do is just ask him if he can move up a little, leaving space for your missus.
or park you car where hers is normally, then leave a space for hers where yours was

until the neighbours from the corner decided to park their shitter across my drive, meaning when i came home at 2am one sunday morning i had nowhere to park.
their reason for doing it?
i parked my van on their side of the road lmao, even tho they live on a different road, just the side of their house runs up my road.
so after a short row with the tossers i had enough and got my jack out. as soon as they saw that they soon moved it, and didnt park there again. lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breath. lol

Last edited by stu21t; 28-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 28-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

work harder and buy a house with a driveway,,,,,, or learn to share with other people in this world...... its a fucking inconvinience when people all sit there when im going to work making loads of traffic,,,,,, why cant they all leave earlier for work so i can have a clear fucking run,,,,,, tossers !!!
Old 28-06-2010, 09:57 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm always surprised when people buy houses with no parking and moan that there's no parking! It's a pain in the ass but ultimately you don't own the road, so unless it can be resolved amicably it's tough!
Old 28-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Make a drive out of your front garden, get the kerb dropped then if he parks outside he is causing an obstruction.

2 birds one stone, you have 2 places to park.
Old 28-06-2010, 10:17 PM
rs tingle
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

next time he parks up get a load of local chavs to be there an as he walks of get em o look round the car make him think its not safe there anymore to park
Old 28-06-2010, 10:33 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kill him.

Or stfu.
Old 29-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I can remember going for sunday dinner with my mam n dad years ago. We went back to there house only to find the next doors neighbour had parked a van on our drive.
Old 29-06-2010, 05:43 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

speak to her or him
you a man or a mouse????????????
why come on here asking???-LOL-public road-public parking--BUY BIGGER HOUSE AND DRIVE
NO POINT IN SAYING HES SEEN ME WITH THE DOG!!!!!!!!!!! WAS THAT A JOKE??
SO WHAT! A MAN AND DOG! WHATS THAT CONVEY??? PARKING PROBLEMS?
IF THATS THE CASE WE ALL HAVE PARKING PROBLEMS US DOG OWNERS--HE-HE---------

Last edited by rubinsbin; 29-06-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 29-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Rotund bloke in a boxster?

In fairness to him, he probably brings the cheapest car in his fleet to park on the pikey road where no-one has driveways. Have you ever seen him at other times driving a Ferrari or a cossie powered caterham?
Old 29-06-2010, 07:35 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Are you sure its not you that is ignorant Stephen - Thinking that somehow the rules of parking don't apply to your neighbour? They have every right to park where they want as do you.
Old 29-06-2010, 07:41 AM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Are you sure its not you that is ignorant Stephen - Thinking that somehow the rules of parking don't apply to your neighbour? They have every right to park where they want as do you.
you having a laugh? Its called common decency. I wouldnt park my car in front of someone elses gate without feeling a cunt.
Old 29-06-2010, 07:46 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

No, im not having a laugh. Unless you own the road there is not a lot you can do. You may feel like a cunt but your neighbour obviously doesnt. They may start to feel like one if you speak to them though
Old 29-06-2010, 07:55 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

point one:

ask the person who is being visited for their visitors to park more consideratly

if this fails to work, proceed to step 2

call the council and tell them that local parking is becoming difficult as commuters are using your street to park on and then they fuck off to town and block up all the parking spots, you may get them putting in parking bays with controlled parking, which you will have to pay for by way of a residents permit

if all this fails, plan c

park YOUR car in the neighbours spot and then get the wife to park in YOUR spot in such a way that you can only get 2 cars in instead of 3

just make sure that you both have a week off as holiday and then don't move the cars, or get some mates to lend you a car for a few days or whatever you need to do

obviously this is going to cause a few issues for you as to where you park YOUR crs, but this may be just enough to convince the neighbour to see sense

option the next is just pay some junkies to brake fluid the car with the words "don't park here you fat cunt" or words to that effect

hth
Old 29-06-2010, 08:22 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

Seems to me your problem is actually the earache from the misses. Get earplugs or new misses.
Old 29-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by american
Seems to me your problem is actually the earache from the misses. Get earplugs or new misses.
Agreed, the only person doing anything wrong is your mrs for thinking its somehow your fault where the neighbours choose to park.

Domestic violence to get her back inline is almost certainly the answer

Or as mentioned already, just move somewhere with plenty of parking if thats a priority to you.

Quick Reply: Ignorant ***t parking outside house!