General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ignorant ***t parking outside house!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:52 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it's directly outside your house then you have soul responserbilty over parking there
be that two cars or a army tank. Yes it's public road but
you still have your rights. Someone always parked s van
outside ours and hung the back over our main driveway.
Told him the problem van was moved right away. Speak to
them or take action... Rather unfair, even more so when
they don't live on the street or even close
Old 04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
SiST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If it bothers you that much put nails under the tyres. Do that a few times and I doubt they will park there again
Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by RSTurboSI
Well it's directly outside your house then you have soul responserbilty over parking there
you still have your rights.
Really? Care to explain?

Because I don't think that's true at all!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Your're talking shit pal.

You only have a say if its blocking your access in any way. If you have a wall and a dropped curb for instance and I come and park in front of your wall but not over your dropped curb, you cant legally stop me.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Which non-existant 'rights' are these??!! Public roads are just that, public. It isn't on if 'public' roads are renamed 'local roads for local people'. How would anybody ever get anywhere if that were the case.

You have a few options; buy a house on a road nobody else wants to park on, one with plenty of land, one with your own parking or get a grip. Many people buy/rent houses with no parking and then get snotty when someone else with just as much right to park there does so.

Parking blocking a dropped kerb or parking on another person's property is an entirely different issue.

Passionford is full of people wanting to take on everyone, but few of them ever do. The guy hiding until the car owner walked off so he could vandalise his car is a prime example. Man enough to hide from someone else but not man enough to actually verbally communicate with anyone. It's the same as a fair proportion of the 'someone ripped me off' threads where there are 30 morons typing 'oh someone better go down there' 'oh ye, someone should' 'will you' 'oh I'm too busy' 'me too, I've an endless stream of poor excuses' 'oh well it's too far for me' 'too much effort for me, I'd rather waste weeks talking about it'.

God knows why people can't use a bit of common sense and just ask if someone would do them a favour by parking elsewhere.

Last edited by Isaac.Hunt; 04-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I work for my local authority and can say that's absolute bollocks. I don't know where you got that nugget from but you should kick th emuppet that told you that firmly in the bollocks for being such a muppet
Old 05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

As previously stated, unless you have a dropped kerb you can park where ever it is legal to do so.

Another nugget of info though is that if you have a dropped kerb it has to be "registered" with the council otherwise it becomes a civil matter if you want something moving from in front of it, been there, done that, you've also got to proove that it's your dropped kerb allowing access to your property and not shared with anyone else etc etc.

There are 5 houses on our little stretch and parking was fine until the guy who only had one space decided that the council would allow him to move the rest of his tribe in and bought another 3 cars into the equation. Now it's a first come first serve basis when it comes to parking when you have to squeeze 14 cars into 12 spaces. And he's been known that simply bash other cars out the way, as a picture I'm about to take will show.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by dojj
Another nugget of info though is that if you have a dropped kerb it has to be "registered" with the council otherwise it becomes a civil matter if you want something moving from in front of it, been there, done that, you've also got to proove that it's your dropped kerb allowing access to your property and not shared with anyone else etc etc.
A bit of miss information there as you can't just have a drop kerb installed, it typically has to be installed by the council after a process of application that includes an inspection of the proposed dropped kerb to ensure it won't be a hazzard.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:03 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

as for the dropped kerb, it's been there since 1959 when the house was built and the road layout changed and the kerbs for the small section dropped for everyone, but the council hasn't got it registered as belonging to any property so when we had the neighbour being a cunt and parking everywhere, the council said that they'd give ME a ticket for parking across MY dropped kerb because there was a car parked in the drive, even though the car that was in the drive wasn't mine

twats

then they did the whole letter thing and it took about 3 months as they had to do proper searches for stuff before they told me it was ok
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

It sounds like your case is a bit of a unique one after a council/authority cock up
Old 05-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

You are still living in that fantasy land of yours?

You talk so much shit, it's un-fucking-real!