General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Rooney........ Is he for real

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2010, 01:49 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tactics and lineup was shit but still that doesnt excuse the fact the players on the pitch cant control the ball or pass the ball to someone in a white shirt
Old 19-06-2010, 01:49 PM
TWoods
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too me looked like England just sat on the fence waiting to take advantage of free kicks corners and set plays handed on a plate but the fouls didnt come thick and fast in the oppositions area so they all stood about like lamposts trying to look pretty instead.

I think fair play to Algeria out played England in every sense it says it all England wont or cant work for the results always half expecting it to be handed on a plate we fucking dont if we cant play the fecking game!
Old 19-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Glen was worst player on pitch closely followed by heskey.

I just dotn know what his game was, I would have preferred gary Neville, The best crossing right back in the country.

Take your blinkers off mate! Neville is old, slow and well past his sell by date!
Old 19-06-2010, 02:25 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im not a football expert but hasnt crouch scored quite a few for england recently?
surely he should get a chance to do his stuff........and not just the last 7 mins or so of a game.

watching the game last night they just seemed so uninterested or worn out-something definately wrong-and will they win the final game on this form?
Old 19-06-2010, 02:30 PM
snoopaloopa
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Wtf is this stuff about Campbell lol
If he gets beaten a few times, which he most definetly would, he spits the dummy and fucks off lol
Old 19-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
Its exactly like that. Greavsie the best goal grabber ever would have made a shite Centre half as would Wright Phillips . They are all good players compared to you or i but they are only at their best in certain roles within a team system. Rooney has been world Class all year for Manu but aint scored in 6 for England. Mind you playing up front with a lump of Lard when hes used to Nani, Scholes & Giggs putting then on a plate must drain your confidence . Putting Lampard & Ali G in mid field together is a joke may as well play me & my Missus & shes worse than i am at least the opposition would have died laughing.

Surely if he needs those players to feed him so much as you say then he aint really that good is he?
Old 19-06-2010, 03:13 PM
BLACKCOS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

you saw more passion during the game from beckham and he was not playing. If algeria had a quality goal scorer england would have been beat. Algeria were fighting for every ball. that Magic Bulgruarra was tackling and wining everthing in sight kept rooney in his back pocket most of the game.
Old 19-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Take your blinkers off mate! Neville is old, slow and well past his sell by date!
no blinkers here chop... I bet he would have performed better than glen Johnson did last night.

And is a great crosser of the ball, exactly what you need when you have the most prolific heading goalscorer of last year and a 7 foot bloke at your disposal.

Im not saying he isnt old and slower what i am saying is he would have given us more than johnson did last night.
Old 19-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

They are so poo.. I am leaving south africa early!

Glad the rugby boys showed em how its done and beat the aussies with great display!

Matthew upson is in same restaurant in camps bay as me right now actually. Think he will be paying in next game!
Old 19-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Rooney is an twat to answer original question!

Last edited by Porkie; 19-06-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Is he for real?

Not really,he just can't handle the truth

Feal sorry for the fans that paid thousands to go see that shower of shite-the playes should re-imburse them

Just felt if we lost last night then fair enuf after that display we don't deserve to go any further
Old 19-06-2010, 04:18 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this you lads actually admitting that your team are shyt.llf
Old 19-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Originally Posted by rs_traynor

Think the evidence speaks for itself

Was a big let down

My ten year old and a few of his mates were having a kickabout @ half time and it was more entertaining

Don't get me wrong would love to see em play well but when its our nation side that can't make a decent shot on goal or get dispossessed so often then what the hell does shrek expect the fans to say

Jog on shrek you missguided fool,play with passion like your fans have shown by travelling to see you
Old 19-06-2010, 04:40 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Originally Posted by Cragrat
Jog on shrek you missguided fool,play with passion like your fans have shown by travelling to see you
Didnt he get told after last warm up to calm down and not be so aggressive? tell Rooney to curb his passion and you lose rooney.

He was shit as was every other person on the field in white.
Old 19-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

I agree they were all pap,its just the op has mentioned him and it was rooney that complained about the booing

There is a difference between agression and passion tho I doubt he is aware of it
Old 19-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Escy
As for not agreeing with what Capello is doing, isn't Heskey in the side because that's who Rooney prefers playing off? Can't expect much more can you?
Have you ever heard Rooney say that?actually say on camera "I like playing with Emile Heskey" , typical knowledge-less reply from you.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Have you ever heard Rooney say that?actually say on camera "I like playing with Emile Heskey" , typical knowledge-less reply from you.
Agreed Mr Brannen thats what i said!
Old 19-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Escy

Thats what the English media keep going on about, that he (and others) like playing off him. If it's not true, why is he being picked?

He been on camera saying he doesn't like playing with Heskey?

Typical arse licking Rooney reply from someone who is blinkered into thinking he's top 3 in the world because the bias English media tell you so.

If he has another stinker and you get knocked out, you still going to want his babies?
Old 19-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

They looked like a bunch of petrified men, scared incase they put a foot wrong , therefore unable to express themselves as they usually do, Capello will regret dropping Greene for the reason that it has removed all squad confidence and morale, sometimes I think Capello is too strict.
And come on rooney haters, that wasnt the real Wazza and you know it, that was a young man who has been mistified because of the pressure from english media back home, it all started on sunday morning IMO when the papers whipped the country into a panic frenzy just because we drew with a decent team in our OPENING game, FFS the USA outplayed spain last year but weve got a fucking crisis on our hands because a mistake from our keeper gifted them a deserved draw, and what do you know , since that game France are almost out, Italy were a bag of nerves, Brazil looked average,Spain got fucking beat and so did the Germans....but ooooh noo its still a crisis cause were England , we should beat everyone 4-0 cause ....were England, the papers have had a major hand in all this , boils my fucking piss.
Everyday this week Ive boought the Star and the Sun, and will they fuck let the Robert Greene error go! they just wont have it, its been blown out of proportion and all of a sudden everyone is in crisis mode,just let it go and move on.
I wonder if Casillas will be dropped next game cause he conceded a goal to lowly Switzerland? I doubt it cause the spanish media wont whip it up out of proportion.
Thats why England wont ever win anything in modern day football, cause the papers will build them up in qualifying then knock them down just before the tournament kicks of.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Escy

They looked like a bunch of petrified men, scared incase they put a foot wrong , therefore unable to express themselves as they usually do, Capello will regret dropping Greene for the reason that it has removed all squad confidence and morale, sometimes I think Capello is too strict.
You can't have than as a reason. Algeria dropped their keeper for a mistake not as bad as Rob Green's. You didn't see them "petrified and scared to put a foot wrong" when they were stroking it around the pitch like Barcelona.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats what the English media keep going on about, that he (and others) like playing off him. If it's not true, why is he being picked?

He been on camera saying he doesn't like playing with Heskey?

Typical arse licking Rooney reply from someone who is blinkered into thinking he's top 3 in the world because the bias English media tell you so.

If he has another stinker and you get knocked out, you still going to want his babies?
you truly are the least knowledgable person on here when it comes to football.

no body says he is one of the best 3 strikers in the world on his international form they say it on his club form, they could also drop in the fact that he is englands all time top goalscorer in a single qualification period.

whos better than him then (striker)

torres? had a shit season and played shit in the time he had on the pitch for spain.

Villa? Also played terrible for spain.

Ibrahimovic? Where are sweden?

ETO did well playing out of position didnt HE!!! (i dont think)

Benzema? Not a good season for REAL and not even in the french squad.

tevez? Not done much so far and not scored 9 in a qualification period, also won nothing this year for club and didn't score as many as rooney last year.

and there are many many more.

You have a big problem with one of the best players in the world, as it keeps being told to you but you keep not listening ENGLAND have not got going and no player has played well, a striker is only as good as his supply and there hasn't been any.

And to be honest what do you care anyway, you should not even be commenting as you dont have 1 even semi world class player in your squad.

Giggs is getting on now and when he definitely retires your lot will be even worse than you already are which is difficult when you have not qualified for 50 years!

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 19-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Escy

I got the least knowledge of football on this site, yet you say Giggs is getting on and Wales will be worse off when he retires? He retired in 2007, you cock.

The best players in the world don't rely on service, just look as Messi and Ronaldo, they can create chances for themselves.

I like how you gloss over his International form, surely everything should be considered when talking about how good someone is.

Lets be honest, Darren Bent would probably get the same goals playing up top for Manchester United. Most of Rooney's goals are put on a plate for him. I haven't seen any goals he scored this season thats been impressive, something you'd say only a world class striker could finish.

You need to get the shit out of your eyes and actually watch him play.
Old 19-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Giggs is still on the fringe, yes he retired but there was talk he was going to be going back you cock.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...s-wales-return (please read up on your own team)

So rooney is the same as darren bent??????

I cant have this conversation im going to smash my computer up.

I watch him play at every opportunity, why do you think your opinion is more valuable than mine.

Secondly you obviously think your a better talent spotter than the best managers in the world.

i have just given you reason after reason and you dont listen!

Okay top 3.

Messi
Ronaldo
Rooney

There ya go top 3!!!!

rooney scored 26 in league last year and 9 in world cup qualification

Ronaldo scored 26 also but 7 in world cup qualification

Messi scored 34 (we know messi is best in the world anyway)

Ronaldo has never won a tackle in his life i dont think, he never tracks back but is awesome in attack HE IS NOT THE SAME PLAYER AS ROONEY

Messi is different class and as said currently number 1 in the world.

Your talking shit as you have done in all the threads against england

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 19-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lets be honest, Darren Bent would probably get the same goals playing up top for Manchester United. Most of Rooney's goals are put on a plate for him. I haven't seen any goals he scored this season thats been impressive,
Oh now your just taking the piss you welsh cunt!
Old 19-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Cragrat
Is he for real?

Not really,he just can't handle the truth

Feal sorry for the fans that paid thousands to go see that shower of shite-the playes should re-imburse them

Just felt if we lost last night then fair enuf after that display we don't deserve to go any further
I agree with you there fella.
Old 19-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Guile1
Part of the Furniture

I think ..... England should start playing Joe Cole... Mix up the formation , start passing the ball .................................................. .................................................. .............. No only joking they should pack their bags and fuck off back home!
Old 19-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by rs_traynor
You keep coming out with that shite mate when no one has actually said that we think England are the best team and that they will win the cup, all we are doing is supporting them! Change the record you boring cunt!
Old 19-06-2010, 11:20 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if we win Wednesday then everyone will be a bit happier in our country, but then what ? If they lad's can't raise their game against the USA or Algeria, what the fuck is going to happen against Argentina or Brazil ?
Old 19-06-2010, 11:34 PM
mynew2
Regular Contributor

I read this today and i think this just about sums it up

It’s time to get the most from Rooney: drop Heskey and go it alone

So England drew and collectively, a country groaned. Surprisingly the spark amongst the rubbish on show was Emile Heskey and not Wayne Rooney. I will argue that Heskey should not start England’s next game. I am no scout, I know very little about how Algeria play and therefore I am not considering that they may have a 4ft centre back who Heskey would dominate. I am writing this purely as an England fan who wants to see the England team do as well as possible and believes that in order to achieve this, Wayne Rooney is central to English plans.

Heskey had one of his best games for England on Saturday. He cleverly assisted Gerrard’s goal; lead the line; held the ball up well; linked up play; and put himself about – unsettling the American defenders.
Apart from the fact he missed a one on one, on the face of things, it would be hard to criticise Heskey. What’s more, Heskey during the World Cup qualifiers linked up well with Wayne Rooney and appeared to help Rooney become more dangerous.
Wayne Rooney however has just had his most prolific season in football. He played primarily on his own. Furthermore he admitted prior to the World Cup that he prefers to play on his own. Arguably, right now, Rooney plays the lone striker’s role better than anyone else in the world.
England lined up against the USA with two up front – Heskey and Rooney. Heskey lead the line, and allowed players to run off him. Rooney played deeper and struggled to get involved in the game. Rooney only broke forward sparingly as he looked to get onto the ball. His three most influential moments in the first half came from playing his teammates in, not from having chances himself.
As the second half wore on Rooney pushed higher up the pitch where he has become accustomed to playing for Manchester United. He started to influence the game more – setting the tempo and making things happen for England. Frequently he made very good runs in the box, often losing his marker.
Rooney is England’s most important player. He is the one player other nations say they fear more than any other in this England team. Rooney has the ability to inspire those around him and change a game in a few seconds. Rooney also flourishes when playing alone. Whilst Heskey stood out today, in my opinion he hindered the performance of Rooney.
I know that given the choice I would rather Rooney stood out than Heskey stood out. As we saw today, Heskey standing out does not equal goals. Rooney standing out generally does equal goals. In my opinion, Rooney must play up front on his own. He must be the man leading the line, getting into dangerous positions where he can score or have chances. Rooney is as good as Heskey at holding up the ball. If Gerrard, Lampard or maybe Joe Cole are running off him, they too will have chances. England must utilise the fact they have an outstanding player who plays best when alone.
Part of the success of Rooney this season at Manchester United has been down to the quality of the crosses put in for him – England must focus on improving the delivery of their crosses. Should England not be capable of putting in good crosses then fair enough, play a bigger man like Heskey or Crouch who can deal with a poorer ball in and make the most of it.
England must go to a 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or the currently popular 4-2-3-1. Essentially each formation lines up in a very similar way, to call it a 4-2-3-1 seems fashionable at the moment. Rooney must lead the line, and be supported by a three man midfield or someone floating behind him. It is a better option to revert to a 4-4-2 mid-game and bring someone like Heskey on than to revert to just one up top mid-game.
Heskey’s contribution should not be overlooked. He was excellent at the weekend, but I just wonder if that game would have panned out better had Rooney been up top alone.
Old 20-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Escy

What a load of shit. Rooney has a stinker so blame it on Heskey. Was it Heskey's fault his touch was poor.and his hold up and link up play was diabolical?
Old 20-06-2010, 01:03 AM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Great club player but his international record is not exactly great and yet everyone is pinning their hopes on him and he can’t cope with it. Why do it and can you blame him? He hasn’t even scored a goal in a world cup.
Old 20-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bang on Darren and its exactly what i have trying to be saying.

But dont listen to Escy its not his fault he was born in wales. Lets just all feel sorry for him together!
Old 20-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Escy's last comment is 100% bang on!
Old 20-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Apparently Rooney or Lampard is on the bench for Wednesday.
Old 20-06-2010, 11:38 AM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
You keep coming out with that shite mate when no one has actually said that we think England are the best team and that they will win the cup, all we are doing is supporting them! Change the record you boring cunt!
Spot on Lee, they are all banging on we think we will win it cause the papers say so yet in the next breath they are saying why do we all listen to the media hype!

All the ppl i speak to in the pub and on the street etc say Quaters is what we are capable of, semis if we play well.... Dont think ive spoke to 1 person who said we WILL win!!

Cant understand why Rooney is being singled out tbh, no one played well...maybe its because the press have been banging on about how he is the key!

Imagine if the press were banned commenting on it, the pressure would be halved atleast imo.

The press are scum in this country, not the only reason, but a big one
Old 20-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our two keys to success fundamnetally... Rooney & Capello

The media's two manin targets? fuckin right

Last edited by Ad4m RST; 20-06-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 20-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ad4m RST
Our two keys to success fundamnetally... Rooney & Capello

The media's two manin targets? fuckin right
So true mate, ban the media from printing anything about the national team and watch them perform then!
But again our 2 main assets are our striker Wazza and our world class manager Capello, so who do the press make a beeline for to hammer yep you guessed it,

Word is Capello will resign on wednesday night with no push for compensation if they dont win and TBH I dont blame him, the press make the England job impossible ! what a fuckin mess.

I dont know about you lot but have any of you lost interest in the world cup while england are doing so badly, i just cant be arsed with it anymore?
Old 20-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

But I'd the media hadn't been there to film his reaction to the honest upset of the crowd none of us would know how much he didn't think it was part his fault

The press did the very same to bobby moores team in '66 and look how that ended up

Our lass bought me a new england top yesterday and I feel exactly the same have lost interest atm but dare say come wednesday afternoon,beer in hand,tele on it'll all change
Old 20-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

should have taken redknapp when we had the chance...
Old 20-06-2010, 08:13 PM
s1cab

its almost like we havn't turned up yet. but obviously its not working whateva they are trying to do. capello will know that he must make changes ! i still think put lampard and barry in the middle, lennon on the right, joe cole on left , gerrard just infront of lamps and barry and rooney up top. the thing i cant understand we've looked so good in qualifying but when it comes to the groups its like this? i still think we miss beckham and rio a great deal. ive been to every england home game in the past 6 years and ive never seen them look so drained and heartless... just hope we can raise it wednesday. if rooney gets just 1 goal his confidence will be sky high then he will put on the show that we all know he's capable of. COME ON ENGLAND !

Last edited by s1cab; 20-06-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Rooney........ Is he for real