General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

England and Scotland - WC

Search this Thread

Old 13-06-2010, 10:43 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the end of the day though, England are there and Scotland aren't....

Seriously though, I don't really care much for football, never have and never will. I cant see the attraction of watching 22 men chasing a bag of wind round a patch of grass and I couldn't really care who wins the world cup.
Old 13-06-2010, 10:45 PM
KregRS

Originally Posted by Nomaderst
fuck me you lot turn into a bunch of bitter idiots every 4 years, over a really, really shit game
Too true lol
Old 13-06-2010, 10:50 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomaderst
These threads are nearly all started by Scottish people, Scottish people are the ones who make the flags pictured in this thread, Scottish people in this thread have anti England sigs and avatars / locations,

If you don't want the "horseshit", maybe don't provoke it.

I fucking love Scotland, lived there and loved it, have loads of Scottish mates, but fuck me you lot turn into a bunch of bitter idiots every 4 years, over a really, really shit game

I say fair play to the jocks, they've managed to find themselves something to cure their boredom during the World cup. Best managers you see.
Old 13-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg
I say fair play to the jocks, they've managed to find themselves something to cure their boredom during the World cup. Best managers you see.

Skeg, I have to say mate. It's people like you that make me do it. You get so upset and bombard us with reasons why your better than we are. When I think thats fairly obvious. Our SPL hasn't bred a decent player since the 80's.....

But.... Every time Scotland beat one of the big guns, it's a massive achievement. Scotland are over-achivers, unless we're playing a team ranked 20 places below us, when they usually win 4-0 We only play well against the decent teams, never the rubbish ones

While, your media builds your team up as definately going to win the world cup etc, and when they lose, they become under-achivers...

So, you have your problems, and we have ours. England have a better national side than Scotland, always will. Purely a matter of population, you have 58 million people to breed talent from, we have 5.6 million people. We should compare ourselves to countries with simialr population and mickey mouse leagues as we do!

England are in the same group of teams such as Germany, France, Holland and so on. Scotland are in with Ireland, Slovenia, Finland, Norway and so on....

This will always be the case. You lot will always have a better national team than us. But when we beat you next time we play, it'll be all the more sweeter for us because we'll be underdogs!

But please, keep getting upset and telling me England are better than Scotland. And on Friday I'll pop my anyone but England shirt back on and cheer on the Algerians!
Old 13-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just like the last football related thread, you just end dribbling on about inventions or war because you don't measure up.

Scotland are worthless in football terms, so are the other no hopers left with nothing to watch. You're all watching us, yeah baby yeah, deal with it.
Skeg
And both times that's because an Englishman took the discussion way off topic - first by saying Scotland had never contributed anything or been any good for anything, and tonight by saying that Jocks would all take a defeatist attitude to war and be beaten as a result with the clear implication that the English would be all brave and heroic and overcome.

Sometimes we ARE a bit more negative (or realistic?) about our chances, especially on the football field.

But, just like in both these threads, maybe - just maybe - you English lads could learn a little humility, realise that there are other teams in the World Cup, and try to keep the banter just a little friendlier.

Maybe all the football shit should be on an entirely different forum or in a different room.

In fact, I do kind of wish these threads never got started at all and I wish I could keep myself away from them. God knows, the shit that comes out really does suck the life out of me, and I can't imagine how some guys will ever get past the bitterness to help each other with a car-related discussions, whether that be a tech problem, parts needed, or whatever. And that, after all is what this place is supposed to be about.
Old 14-06-2010, 12:07 AM
KregRS

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
Skeg
And both times that's because an Englishman took the discussion way off topic
Stop passing the buck, just let us English get on with the football (those that actually care) and you can go back to your deep dried Mars bars, cans of Special Brew and wearing your skirts
Old 14-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by KregRS
Stop passing the buck, just let us English get on with the football (those that actually care) and you can go back to your deep dried Mars bars, cans of Special Brew and wearing your skirts

Doubt anyone will be deep frying a Mars Bar now mate!

We'll just have to deep fry Snickers instead
Old 14-06-2010, 12:18 AM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

you fucking foreigner keep supporting italy ohhh and wheres your national team at errrmmm ???????

Old 14-06-2010, 12:27 AM
RobL

Skeg
And both times that's because an Englishman took the discussion way off topic - first by saying Scotland had never contributed anything or been any good for anything, and tonight by saying that Jocks would all take a defeatist attitude to war and be beaten as a result with the clear implication that the English would be all brave and heroic and overcome.

Sometimes we ARE a bit more negative (or realistic?) about our chances, especially on the football field.

But, just like in both these threads, maybe - just maybe - you English lads could learn a little humility, realise that there are other teams in the World Cup, and try to keep the banter just a little friendlier.

Maybe all the football shit should be on an entirely different forum or in a different room.

In fact, I do kind of wish these threads never got started at all and I wish I could keep myself away from them. God knows, the shit that comes out really does suck the life out of me, and I can't imagine how some guys will ever get past the bitterness to help each other with a car-related discussions, whether that be a tech problem, parts needed, or whatever. And that, after all is what this place is supposed to be about.
fuck me you come with some out with shite
you should stay well away from these threads,youre starting to look silly
the other little scotlanders on these threads are just laughable but you seem so passionate
Old 14-06-2010, 08:34 AM
KregRS

Originally Posted by RobL
but you seem so passionate
He's scottish, aint really got much else to be passionate about lol
Old 14-06-2010, 09:25 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rab

you have 58 million people to breed talent from, we have 5.6 million
Slovenia - 2m
Slovakia - 5.3m
Honduras - 7.8m
Denmark - 5.5m

All made it and then:

China - 1.3 BILLION, aren't in the best 32 teams at the WC and don't make out you're not football mad either, because the first ever international was you v us. Excuses.

Originally Posted by Rab

Skeg, I have to say mate. It's people like you that make me do it. You get so upset and bombard us with reasons why your better than we are. When I think thats fairly obvious. Our SPL hasn't bred a decent player since the 80's.....

But.... Every time Scotland beat one of the big guns, it's a massive achievement. Scotland are over-achivers, unless we're playing a team ranked 20 places below us, when they usually win 4-0 We only play well against the decent teams, never the rubbish ones

While, your media builds your team up as definately going to win the world cup etc, and when they lose, they become under-achivers...

So, you have your problems, and we have ours. England have a better national side than Scotland, always will. Purely a matter of population, you have 58 million people to breed talent from, we have 5.6 million people. We should compare ourselves to countries with simialr population and mickey mouse leagues as we do!

England are in the same group of teams such as Germany, France, Holland and so on. Scotland are in with Ireland, Slovenia, Finland, Norway and so on....

This will always be the case. You lot will always have a better national team than us. But when we beat you next time we play, it'll be all the more sweeter for us because we'll be underdogs!

But please, keep getting upset and telling me England are better than Scotland. And on Friday I'll pop my anyone but England shirt back on and cheer on the Algerians!

LOL, no one is getting angry just because you say it, chap. We're too busy to care about you, its not like we're raging all over the web is it. Oh wait.....

Skeg

You do realise there is a World cup on don't you that the whole world is excited about? Just Scottish looking for attention. There is no English v Scottish, just Scottish looking at English. You lot are the last thing on my mind but keep going on about stuff.

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
thing is, the scotts KNOW that they dont have the quality for the wc and dont boast etc etc

but the fookin english think that theyre the best out there, and cant even win against usa or play a decent match

remove the flags, your ouuttt

ow and Green is a bit green in football aswell the fucker

This is 2010 not 1998, what exactly can they boast about? Catch up.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:31 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh and Ryan_3, why on earth did you start a thread with the words Scotland and World cup in the title. .
Old 14-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and why do you call that fat pig rooney the white pele?

its a disgrace for pele ffs
Old 14-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the thing that makes me laugh, the english really, really, dont care about scotland, but the scottish, really, really, really, hate the english.

How many threads popped up when scotland didnt qualify, of the english saying haha, your shit ?, non that i remember, thats because we dont care about scotland. but how many, 'anyone but england' threads have popped up since the world cup started, loads.

there was even a thread of how bad it was that the ST Georges flag was on a bar of fucking chocolate, now that, was ridiculous, its a bar of chocolate ffs, who cares.

Its getting to the point where i couldnt care less anymore, the anti english brigade can sit there supporting 'anyone but england', in a shroud of bitter jealousy and hatred, ill sit and support my country playing in the biggest sporting spectacle on the planet.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:52 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and why do you call that fat pig rooney the white pele?

its a disgrace for pele ffs

Never mind Rooney, I wonder if when Darren Fletcher links up with the Scotland squad (for friendlies obviously lol) if the rest of the team bully him because of the medals he has.
Old 14-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well thats not the point is it? who managed manure in the past 20 years? a fookin scot
Old 14-06-2010, 10:11 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well thats not the point is it? who managed manure in the past 20 years? a fookin scot

So are you suggesting the other managers bully Fergie because of his medals?
Old 14-06-2010, 10:38 AM
MARCOSWORTH
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

HOLLAND

Old 14-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So are you suggesting the other managers bully Fergie because of his medals?

what are you trying to say? why bully him lol? It was a dirty scot that won you all those medals thats all I said

and stop calling that piglet coont of rooney the white pele ffs
Old 14-06-2010, 11:07 AM
KregRS

Scotland, you'll never win at football and you'll NEVER win this argument/thread
Old 14-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tbh, I prefer not to enter than go out in shame
Old 14-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by KregRS
Scotland, you'll never win at football and you'll NEVER win this argument/thread

sry mate, england have won shit in the past 40 years pmsl
Old 14-06-2010, 11:35 AM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

You would prefer to be know as "Not good enough to enter" than "Not good enough to win the biggest competion in the world?" WTF????????????
Old 14-06-2010, 11:36 AM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Not quite right............. We have WON enough games to enter something you boys can only dream about
Old 14-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wtf??? it doesnt matter how much games you won, in the end you brought fuck all to england except shame and disgust
Old 14-06-2010, 11:45 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MARCOSWORTH
HOLLAND

I like Holland, got the match on now mate hope its as good as Germany one last night. Everyone else has been a bit dull so far. Great country good people as well.

what are you trying to say? why bully him lol? It was a dirty scot that won you all those medals thats all I said

and stop calling that piglet coont of rooney the white pele ffs
Still trying measure up to England?

You'd need to be Merlin the wizard to make us believe that one.

We still get plenty to watch though don't we, unlike some. What a great tournament, real shame Scotland aren't part of it.
Old 14-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well u kept saying that you won loads more than scotland, were in fact you won shit
Old 14-06-2010, 11:51 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wtf??? it doesnt matter how much games you won, in the end you brought fuck all to england except shame and disgust

There's no shame in qualifying for the best tournament in the world. If Scotland had qualified you'd all be pissed on the fumes of Iron Bru, let alone the other celebrations..........

But they didn't. Nevermind. Anyway, back to the real teams.
Old 14-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

but you won shit right?

so the trophy cabinet are sill the same its waht you bring home that counts
Old 14-06-2010, 12:02 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

im shamed and disgusted that England have qualified to play in the Worlds biggest competition, and that i can watch and cheer them on while i "work,rest and play"

That what your looking for sweetie?

Last edited by dannyblackpool; 14-06-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 14-06-2010, 12:09 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dannyblackpool
im shamed and disgusted that England have qualified to play in the Worlds biggest competition, and that i can watch and cheer them on while i "work,rest and play"

That what your looking for sweetie?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old 14-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no love, dont say that england team is god because you won as much trophies as scotland in 40 years

and even malta

wait, malta drew with croatia, and you?
Old 14-06-2010, 12:15 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no love, dont say that england team is god because you won as much trophies as scotland in 40 years
Scotland aren't in the world cup though.

and even malta
Neither are Malta.

wait, malta drew with croatia, and you?
Not exactly Mr current affairs are you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/7602774.stm

You see that on the link above ^ is why we're on the TV this month, but you wouldn't understand that.
Old 14-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no theya rent, but ur eon the same level of achievement regarding trophies
Old 14-06-2010, 12:25 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no theya rent, but ur eon the same level of achievement regarding trophies

Scotland aren't one of the 7 teams out of 200+ to win the WC and never will be, not in your lifetime. Qualifying for 2018 would be a start.
Old 14-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well lets say in the last 40 years then
Old 14-06-2010, 12:29 PM
SiZT

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can someone shovel these twats back into the muppet room where they belong.
Old 14-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no need for name calling, I am not posting hatred just having a laugh really as im not even scottish! and am sure skeg wouldnt take it personally.
Old 14-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

To be honest I can't understand what this is all about. I've got relations from all over the UK and I don't know why some Scottish folk have to be so petty. It comes across as a bit pathetic at times, and it's pretty embarrassing that I could be mistaken for being part of that shit. I was born Scottish and I live in Scotland but I want England to do as well as possible... why not? They're a team from the UK making a go of it.

I don't see how you can use the excuse that it's 'always in the media so it's annoying' either. Since when is the media to be taken seriously? Most of what they report is dramatised bullshit that's about as informative as kids' fiction. Not exactly a big deal to just ignore it or switch it off, etc. Talk about a big deal over nothing!
Old 14-06-2010, 05:09 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan_D
To be honest I can't understand what this is all about. I've got relations from all over the UK and I don't know why some Scottish folk have to be so petty. It comes across as a bit pathetic at times, and it's pretty embarrassing that I could be mistaken for being part of that shit. I was born Scottish and I live in Scotland but I want England to do as well as possible... why not? They're a team from the UK making a go of it.

I don't see how you can use the excuse that it's 'always in the media so it's annoying' either. Since when is the media to be taken seriously? Most of what they report is dramatised bullshit that's about as informative as kids' fiction. Not exactly a big deal to just ignore it or switch it off, etc. Talk about a big deal over nothing!
fuck off to england then you muppet

Quick Reply: England and Scotland - WC