General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Can anyone pull some strings for me? Number plate tracing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 PM
CoupeUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone pull some strings for me? Number plate tracing....

Hi all!

One of my friends bought a private plate a few years ago now, however he came into some financial difficulty and so had to sell the vehicle with his plate on. It was sold to his friend who agreed to take the plate off before he gets rid which he failed to do.....it was sold to someone else on the same terms, but again they failed to take the plate off and the vehicle was sold to someone on eBay and never seen again.

Last thing he heard was that the car was in Cambs, he phoned the owner who said the car was off the road so the plate could not be removed, eventually contact was lost and he's back to square one.

So, is there anyone who can trace a numberplate so my friend can offer some money to get it back, he said he'll even look at buying the car back just for the plate if need be?

Or does anyone know the whereabouts of the plate? Maybe its spotted on someones drive, or a friendof a friend owns it now.....AskMId says its uninsured and DVLA reckon its been untaxed since 2006.

The plate is: B54YER (B.Sayer) and was last on a Mk3 Astra 5door in black, GSi replica.

Any help would be appreciated!