General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

innovate lc1 afr set up

Search this Thread

Old 31-05-2010, 05:55 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts
Default innovate lc1 afr set up

Dose anyone know much about these fitted one in my car on saturday all soldered in nicely new earth ran into the car for it. Set it all up started the car all seemed fine but then on the drive home it went up too 14ish then froze there and wouldent do anything and the led was flashing so i pulled over and started again but this time it was stuck on 7.2 with no led? Had a good look at it this morning checked all the wireing again linked it too my laptop all looked ok did a free air calibration again and it was reading about 22 in free air so all fine there put the sensor back in the down pipe started it up all looked ok was reading around 13ish pulled off the drive and i dident even get out the close and it stuck on 8.4 no led?. Looking on there fault codes no led means no power but the gauge is reading so it must have power!.Now i know lots of people say these are shit and a waste of money but there is just as many who say they are really good so there must be a reason why its not working
Old 31-05-2010, 06:17 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got one of these in mine mate and it does this all the time, mine seems to do it when i go high speeds seems to get affected by the heat and the sensor packs up, when i turn the ignition off and on its fine again
Old 31-05-2010, 06:39 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by bad boy rs
got one of these in mine mate and it does this all the time, mine seems to do it when i go high speeds seems to get affected by the heat and the sensor packs up, when i turn the ignition off and on its fine again
Have woundered if it may be the sensor getting hot as the bung i used is shorter than the one that came in the set as i fitted the bung a while before i got the kit! but its happening very quickly id say before the car has really got up too temp and its meant to be able to handle up to 500 degrees c at the bung the sensor tip can handle even more!. How did u earth yours as mine is an earth ran into the car from the battery maybe mine is getting some interference it dosent like i may move it to the gearbox

Last edited by ajamesc; 31-05-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 31-05-2010, 06:59 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

how far away is the sensor from the turbo ? mine is just on the bend prob a little close but seems ok most of the time, i earthed mine behind the dash clocks where a few other earths go, you can get an extension that lifts the sensor up a few inchs

they are weird kits though seem to be very tempremental
Old 31-05-2010, 07:05 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by bad boy rs
how far away is the sensor from the turbo ? mine is just on the bend prob a little close but seems ok most of the time, i earthed mine behind the dash clocks where a few other earths go, you can get an extension that lifts the sensor up a few inchs

they are weird kits though seem to be very tempremental
its about as far back as u can get it when u look at pics of others they all seem to be there too! but i dont think its a heat issue when i drove it today it hadent even been running for 15mins havent full boosted it yet but its pissing me off lol disheartens u when u get something and carnt get it to work i will be pissed off if i have to bin it and get another after all the fucking about fitting the thing
Old 31-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Dose anyone know much about these fitted one in my car on saturday all soldered in nicely new earth ran into the car for it. Set it all up started the car all seemed fine but then on the drive home it went up too 14ish then froze there and wouldent do anything and the led was flashing so i pulled over and started again but this time it was stuck on 7.2 with no led? Had a good look at it this morning checked all the wireing again linked it too my laptop all looked ok did a free air calibration again and it was reading about 22 in free air so all fine there put the sensor back in the down pipe started it up all looked ok was reading around 13ish pulled off the drive and i dident even get out the close and it stuck on 8.4 no led?. Looking on there fault codes no led means no power but the gauge is reading so it must have power!.Now i know lots of people say these are shit and a waste of money but there is just as many who say they are really good so there must be a reason why its not working

I have never seen that kit work correctly on a car.

Mark
Old 31-05-2010, 07:21 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by Mark Shead

Mark
i going to try a few things and speak to innovate before i ditch it what would say is a good one and ill be ringing u soon to get mine in for a set up hasent been on the road for a long time now but will soon be back on the road
Old 31-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
i going to try a few things and speak to innovate before i ditch it what would say is a good one and ill be ringing u soon to get mine in for a set up hasent been on the road for a long time now but will soon be back on the road

I am testing a unit with a ntk sensor

Mark
Old 31-05-2010, 07:29 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

ive used a stack and now have aem and both dead easy to install and were accurate within .1 when being mapped. all the problem posts on here about innovate put me off them.
Old 31-05-2010, 07:33 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mark Shead

Mark
if only id asked you before i bought mine, it took me 2 weeks to get mine working
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

spoke to ggr about it today thier as much help as asking your nan what could be up with it theres no way im takeing it out and sending it for testing so its its comering out and going back for good so ill look for a kit that works this time lol
Old 01-06-2010, 04:01 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ive got 1 of these and its crap. lol
from ggr as well.

it just flashes 7.2 on the gauge and i cant get it to do anything else
Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Phil2002
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Had no problems with mine had it in two cars now. It may be a sensor fault as the flashing led is the probe warming up when at optimum temp the led will light up constantly may be the pre heat is fucked! and probe not getting warm enough while cold does it change if the car is hotter.

Phil
Old 01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by Phil2002
Had no problems with mine had it in two cars now. It may be a sensor fault as the flashing led is the probe warming up when at optimum temp the led will light up constantly may be the pre heat is fucked! and probe not getting warm enough while cold does it change if the car is hotter.

Phil
mine would flash slowly then get faster showing it was warming up if you feel the end of the sensor it was hot aswell then the led would stay on as it should. I was getting an afr reading for about 10-20 mins then it would just stick on a number and not do any thing else and the led would not be on and my 12v power supply was fine (no led means power loss). I just carnt be arsed with it now if im haveing problems like this out the box then i just dont trust it mate im going to get something else maybe a stack one
Old 01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
zetecdan
Regular Contributor

i have the lc1 for a couple of years almost and have had no hassle with it.
i put all the earths into a connector block and ran a single earth wire from it to the engine block.
from what i gather the system is sensitive to resistance so a good earth with low resistance is best. i believe it even says to use the block as an earth in the instructions.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:23 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by zetecdan
i have the lc1 for a couple of years almost and have had no hassle with it.
i put all the earths into a connector block and ran a single earth wire from it to the engine block.
from what i gather the system is sensitive to resistance so a good earth with low resistance is best. i believe it even says to use the block as an earth in the instructions.
i soldered all mine togther then ran a new earth from the battery which i checked with my multimeter and had very low resistance on it and soldered that to the others the guy from ggr who says he fits them all the time said to earth it to wear the ecu earths!