General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Tut Tut! Mr Police Man!!

Search this Thread

Old 26-05-2010, 06:44 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tut Tut! Mr Police Man!!

Me and the misses were out last night and as we came round a mid sized island onto a dual carriage way I became aware of a 3 series bmw on my left driving a bit irratically.

As i left the island on to the dual carriage way the 3 series was now on the inside lane (still on the left), me on the outside lane stuck behind a van.

Looked across and it is an unmarked police car with two uniformed coppers driving.

The bmw then boots it up the inside line undercutting the van as the van was going to pull across races off then out into the outside lane, then back into the inside all with no indication and cutting a car up who was on the inside lane.

I follows the car then for a few miles and guess what, no emergancy call, just them going back to the deppo, spent the next few miles booting it between lights and driving like a teenager in his mum car

Can you imagine the bollocking they would have given me if the rolls had been reversed and it was me undercutting, booting it, weaving lanes without indicating!!
Old 26-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If only you'd been in a position to film the twats....
Old 26-05-2010, 06:47 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you shouldve got your bird to get the camera phone out
Old 26-05-2010, 06:51 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

shite init.
remember once we were all round my mates house having a few drinks etc, anyway my mates cousin came back with half the pub she had been in anyway this man starts talking to me and a mate, turned out he was a copper, by the end of the nght he advised we did crack and was that pissed he was helped into his car by some women and drove off! what the fuck lol!
Old 26-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Should still report him for the sake of it

Fuck the cunts
Old 26-05-2010, 07:05 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

would have been cracking to film them, nearly flashed my lights and when along side was going to ask if they felt it was a good standard of road manners they had been setting but you know the outcome of that...

'Step out of the car sir we are going to flex our powers on you for daring to point out our flaws'
Old 26-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Axel
PassionFord Post Troll

i would av made sure they wrote me off
Old 26-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Shorty
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Am not gonna lie, that sounds like something i would do if i was a bobby, especially in an unmarked car.

But then again, i'd never be a police man, my dad brought me up to be better than that....
Old 26-05-2010, 08:14 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Training?
Old 26-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Shorty
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
Training?
What, training on how to drive like a complete tool?
Old 26-05-2010, 08:17 PM
kidsRS
"Ill check the stock"

Wankers the lot of them!
Old 26-05-2010, 08:19 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

my old dear and her fella where on a weekend away and on a dual carrigeway they had two police bikes come flying past them at well over the ton mark as they where doing 80 and made them look like they where standing still.

anyway they had no lights on and my old dear and that thought they must of been on call only to find the bikes at the pub they where going to eat breacky in still thought they might of been called out but then found the coppers just stuffing their faces inside

and had mates see coppers use their lights just to get through traffic jams on many occasions as we had a discussion about this not long ago.

there is some coppers that will use their noggin when it comes to general road driving but that fact is there is so many utter wankers that are coppers and usually the ones pulling these stunts, mostly the younger ones flexing there powers
Old 26-05-2010, 08:21 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont think they were training, they we just heading back to the station, very little official going on in or out of the car from what i could see.

I think he initially intended to come along the inside of me and as the van moved to the left cut across my front and go, I had made sure that wasn't going to be happening prior to realising it was an unmarked car.

He seemed to back off a moment as if to let us pass then pull out (like he should) when his plan haddened worked, but then decided f*ck it and tear up the inside before the van could get over.

I have great respect for the police, they do a hard job and it must be very frustrating, but you just know they would give you hell for doing the same.
Old 26-05-2010, 08:52 PM
MarkyMark
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

so its not possible they were going to a call then it got cancelled?
Old 26-05-2010, 08:54 PM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Whilst I may get shot down in flames as is the PF way, they 'may' have had an emergency call. They 'may' have reacted to it, only to get cancelled immediately. It happens quite often.

Of course, they 'may' also be just be guilty of crap driving.

Just offering a different perspective.
Old 26-05-2010, 08:57 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Mate, babylon kill people and get away with it so its highly unlikely that they would be worried about driving like a couple of cunts

Luciano
Old 26-05-2010, 09:02 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they drive like twats out my way all the time, going between lowestoft and halesworth in unmarked st220's

drive along overtaking for no reason constantly speeding but get nowhere as sooner or later everyone gets stuck behind a 40mph lorry or tractor and they all bunch up again, pisses me off

idiots.
Old 26-05-2010, 09:02 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Get what your saying but they were not on a call, they were just driving like tits. They didn't like the fact they hadn't made it round the island and managed to cut across the front of me to get into the outside lane.

Then drove poorly up the dual carriageway weaving but no urgency as such, then at numerous set so lights they raced off then sat waiting at the next then raced off again then sat tootling along.

Like I say, not tarring all with the same brush, but these chaps were driving poorly for the training and understanding of the road they should have.
Old 26-05-2010, 09:08 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I followed a honda crv police car through town about half an hour ago, dark and chucking it down with rain, no lights on though!
Old 26-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Silver'Scort
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Absolute bloody law unto themselves, and they are bloody quick enough to rip into you or me when we do something wrong. Me old chap were coming down the slip road into Chapel in his car, by the time he was about half way down the side of the police car that was infront, it the uniformed copper inside decides to just pull across the front of him, no signal, no bugger all.
Old 26-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd pitch a Class One police driver's skills against pretty much anyone on this forum or anywhere else.

They may have been familiarising themselves with a new car but I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have been doing anything remotely dangerous.

What you thought was driving like a dick would have been way more controlled and safe than you can imagine. I went on a high-speed training run with a police driver in a marked 5 series some years ago and, while I thought I had good observation and car control skills, this guy was just leagues ahead - he was already working out where hazards would be across the valley - and I've NEVER been in a car at that speed that felt as solidly planted and stable throughout.
Old 27-05-2010, 06:48 AM
alistairolsen

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I'd pitch a Class One police driver's skills against pretty much anyone on this forum or anywhere else.

They may have been familiarising themselves with a new car but I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have been doing anything remotely dangerous.

What you thought was driving like a dick would have been way more controlled and safe than you can imagine. I went on a high-speed training run with a police driver in a marked 5 series some years ago and, while I thought I had good observation and car control skills, this guy was just leagues ahead - he was already working out where hazards would be across the valley - and I've NEVER been in a car at that speed that felt as solidly planted and stable throughout.
1) His skill level doesnt affect whether or not he was being a dick! you can be totally in control and still be being a dick.

2) Regardless of skill or qualification level, he was still breaking the law outright and as such setting a VERY poor example to those he is supposed to serve.

3)The police have some very good drivers I agree. The majority however are fucking useless! I guess it's like watching Andy Gallagher and thinking the whole of PF are race winning drivers. The fact it was one of the beemers gives me a little hope but the average bobby in a panda car is no better or worse than Joe public, just gets away with more.

4) Training? bollocks. They may speed but they certainly would not be encouraged to drive erratically on a training exercise.

5) Familiarisation with the car, again, bollocks. You familiarise yourself with handling on a quiet road away from any risk of harming people or property. If they were "familiarising themselves" that is to say they were unfamiliar with the vehicle, which makes the driving described even more worrying.

There is no defence for their actions, although they will try and make one! I'd certainly be reporting it on the simple basis they would do the same to you. They ARE NOT above the law, despite what they may choose to believe!
Old 27-05-2010, 10:48 AM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm with you on the first sentence. But then you lose me.
Old 27-05-2010, 10:51 AM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Ok filth lover, they have been known to fuck things up, crash cars, run over, kill and injure people whilst driving, so they are not as planted as you might think,

I've had many a pursuit with five 0 and have always given them the slip, I was a lot younger then and they didn't have too many helicopters but I'd pitch my driving skills against any filth any day of the week

Luciano

Last edited by charlie luciano; 27-05-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 27-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Whatever
Old 27-05-2010, 04:20 PM
TANGO_FSI
fiesta whore

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Ok filth lover, blah blah blah
I've had many a pursuit with five 0
blah blah blah

Luciano
typical scrote..
Old 27-05-2010, 06:17 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What planet are you on ?
Obviously you are clarevoyant as well knowing everybodies driving ability on here ?
I'd be willing to bet that someone who is a full time race driver has massively better car control.
I've been out with class 1 drivers, as well as the instructors, yes they are excellent, very very safe, which can slow them at times, but can't be helped, my bessie mate is a traffic plod(bike, mainly), but you are a bit disillusioned, there are ordrinary members of the public just as good such as the POLICE INSTRUCTORS a lot of which are CIVILIANS, ie not in the force at all, if you want to see real driving go on a anti terrorist driving course, that really will open your eyes.
There are some true dicks of coppers who abust thier powers, esp probationers(first 2 years) just to get thier "quota" up, motorists are easy, but not all like it, the dodgy ones need reporting though, but NOT to the station to thier senior instructor if possible.
Most under instruction are 4 or 5 up for training so unlikely to be training, not using indicators is taught under training, the reason is so as not to cause any confusion amongst the public, reasoning the manouver would be over by the time people had realised what the indicator meant, and so as not to cause a panic stamping on of brakes by public.
tabetha
Old 27-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tabetha
What planet are you on ?
Obviously you are clarevoyant as well knowing everybodies driving ability on here ?
"pretty much anyone" should allow for the tiny number of gifted drivers we have on here, or in any other walk of life. Some of those will be naturals, and some of them will have had the same or even more training than a Class 1 driver.

I'd be willing to bet that someone who is a full time race driver has massively better car control.
I've been round Knockhill with John Clelland in his last season in BTCC and he was great, and I've been to Millbrook, and on Silverstone, Croft, Rockingham and other circuits with professional racing drivers in cars most of us can only dream about owning, but an entirely different technique is needed on track versus on-road. I've been on defensive driver training where I've seen and practiced both "the system of car control" used by the police and racing techniques - both have their merits in different circumstances but on the road, I'd take most of "the system".

I've been out with class 1 drivers, as well as the instructors, yes they are excellent, very very safe, which can slow them at times, but can't be helped, my bessie mate is a traffic plod(bike, mainly), but you are a bit disillusioned, there are ordrinary members of the public just as good such as the POLICE INSTRUCTORS a lot of which are CIVILIANS, ie not in the force at all, if you want to see real driving go on a anti terrorist driving course, that really will open your eyes.
To get my company car I had to pass an internal driving test administered by a retired Hendon instructor. To get a Class One permit they have to pass the course in its entirety and - so far as I know - to train drivers to Class One the instructor must be a serving officer with the qualification and additional training. That's up here, maybe it's different south of the border and you have civilian instructors, or maybe that's just for the lower levels? I've done part of an anti-hijack course at Tulliallan. Great techniques for the right circumstance, but not something I'd expect anyone to be doing in town in normal driving.

There are some true dicks of coppers who abust thier powers, esp probationers(first 2 years) just to get thier "quota" up, motorists are easy, but not all like it, the dodgy ones need reporting though, but NOT to the station to thier senior instructor if possible.
Just like real life, there are dicks in most places, even here. A probationer won't be driving a traffic car simply because the cops won't spend the money training someone till they are confirmed as officers. I don't know if they are even allowed to drive pandas, but as mentioned above, panda drivers get very little extra tuition, and are not any better than the rest of us, which is why I specifically said I rated Class One drivers.
Old 27-05-2010, 09:09 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Iain, I dont disagree that they will have been trained coppers and their driving ability would far out strip mine, but (and as it was me who was there) I can assure you that what he was doing was both illegal and dangerous.

He clearly raced around the island, undercut me in an attempt to cut across my front as the van moved into the inside lane, but due to the van being slow we bunched up. He knew that what he should have done at that point was reduce his speed, allowed the van to pull across, me (along side him) to move on and over and him to pull out behind us and overtake in the manner you are supposed to.

Instead he hesitated for a moment then decided he could make it and nailed it up the inside forcing the van to stay in the outside lane until he passed and then move over. He then came straight out into the outside lane, over took a car and driffted back across (personally a bit to soon) in front of that car all without indicating.

There was no trainign going on, no getting used to the car etc etc, they were just driving how they pleased. What bugged me was that if they saw you or I doing what they had done they would have been all over us reading us the riot act.