General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

If you think your unlucky.... look at this!

Search this Thread

Old 27-03-2010, 01:42 PM
paul0461
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation If you think your unlucky.... look at this!

me and a friend took a drive to the brecon beakens in my car. we were driving the mountain roads for 100's of miles. and ended up totally lost in aberyswith. only to get 10 miles out of aberyswith and my engine blew up.

we had to abandon my car and walk miles back into aberyswith to get help. someone came for us and so we left my car there, i purchased a tow bar and the next day me and the same friend set off to rescue the car.

BUT on the way his tyre exploded! and we had a spare wheel but no jack. we managed to get a jack, jacked the car up on the roadside and fitted the spare wheel.

we then drove all the way to my car, only to get there to find out my car didnt have a toe eye! so we stripped the car down, took subs, head unit, wiring kit etc..

we then got home after a totally failed attempt at getting my car, only to find out the toe eye is in the boot and you have to screw it into the front..

so basically. top tips if anyone is in a simular situation. allways check the boot for the toe eye. allways bring a spare wheel. (and a jack) and allways have money just in case if u have been unluckier in the space of 24hours.. i would really like to hear it haha
Old 27-03-2010, 01:44 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

fucking hell, thats a bit mad lol! talk a bout fucked or what

Last edited by TOMMY_RS; 27-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 27-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

You don't come across as unlucky. Not having a jack, not knowing how your towing eye goes in... More of an idiot if I'm being honest.

Benni.
Old 27-03-2010, 01:52 PM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Towing eye is in my boot along with the jack. Wheel brace in driver door pocket. Spare bulbs in the glovebox etc.
Old 27-03-2010, 01:53 PM
smerth54
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ide have to agree with benni abit hear not knowing where you toe eye is abit silly not having a jack on the other had i don't have one in my car but ive got Tyre wield in there as i removed the spare wheel
Old 27-03-2010, 06:13 PM
S1

Or you could have joined the AA/RAC and had some other cunt run around after you, would ahve been brough home on a transporter. Might have taken some time to get home but gotta be better than your day lol!
Old 27-03-2010, 06:24 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

There is always another option.... join the AA
Old 27-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Danster76
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a right nightmare mate. Weren't in the scouts were you!
Old 27-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

What car was it.
Old 27-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by S1 JOHN S1

Alway's talk sense dont ya benni
It's my middle name mate.

Benni.
Old 27-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Isaac.Hunt

Originally Posted by Benni
You don't come across as unlucky. Not having a jack, not knowing how your towing eye goes in... More of an idiot if I'm being honest.

Benni.

I have to admit to quite often finding you an absolute cretin but that made me laugh ... mainly because you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 27-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Isaac.Hunt
I have to admit to quite often finding you an absolute cretin but that made me laugh ... mainly because you took the words right out of my mouth.
Great minds think a like. You too must be a cretin.

Benni.
Old 27-03-2010, 07:44 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

should have got a vw would have got you home
Old 27-03-2010, 07:45 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 27-03-2010, 07:46 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ha ha funny as fook have you got the car back yet or is it scrap now
Old 27-03-2010, 07:46 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

this is why im with the AA.
Old 27-03-2010, 07:51 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i have days like that....im generally an unlucky cunt
Old 27-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Pete frst

days like that,its good to be alive...........
Old 27-03-2010, 09:13 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Lucky your car was still there, well all of it anyway esp around that area, any nearer to Borth and you'd be screwed!!
On a serious note though need to know these things, I joined the AA joint membership purely for when the gf is drivinvg her car on her own.
Myself and a mate, who we shall call ROOSIE, were towing his car 15 miles or so, we had a rigid tow pole to tow his 3 door track car, I was driving his 330D, he used the most shitty worn away exhaust clamp to secure the bar around the x member of the cos, going along merrily whne this t**t in a beemer pulled out right in front of us from a drive, so roosie dabbed the brakes, SNAP went the rotten exhaust clamp, had been worn to about 2-3mm thick from grounding on the car it had been fitted to.
No mot/tax on cos, we coasted to a halt when a cop car came past us 2 times, shitting me knickers we proceeded to have a brain wave, took both of us to come up with this one ha ha.
We put the tow eye in the front of the beemer and proceeded to PUSH the 3 door the remaining 12 miles or so, it was raining the cos igntion couldn't be turned on as the fuel pump rail was loose, so no wipers on the cos, had me lad leaning out of window telling me if there was anything there on the nearside like cyclist etc.
Go right through high street past cop shop, then when we get to the yard he(roosie) jumps on the brakes, so I shit myself as the tow pole snapped the tow hook in the beemer bumper and nearly went through the grille and rad!!
tabetha
Old 27-03-2010, 09:18 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by tabetha
Lucky your car was still there, well all of it anyway esp around that area, any nearer to Borth and you'd be screwed!!
On a serious note though need to know these things, I joined the AA joint membership purely for when the gf is drivinvg her car on her own.
Myself and a mate, who we shall call ROOSIE, were towing his car 15 miles or so, we had a rigid tow pole to tow his 3 door track car, I was driving his 330D, he used the most shitty worn away exhaust clamp to secure the bar around the x member of the cos, going along merrily whne this t**t in a beemer pulled out right in front of us from a drive, so roosie dabbed the brakes, SNAP went the rotten exhaust clamp, had been worn to about 2-3mm thick from grounding on the car it had been fitted to.
No mot/tax on cos, we coasted to a halt when a cop car came past us 2 times, shitting me knickers we proceeded to have a brain wave, took both of us to come up with this one ha ha.
We put the tow eye in the front of the beemer and proceeded to PUSH the 3 door the remaining 12 miles or so, it was raining the cos igntion couldn't be turned on as the fuel pump rail was loose, so no wipers on the cos, had me lad leaning out of window telling me if there was anything there on the nearside like cyclist etc.
Go right through high street past cop shop, then when we get to the yard he(roosie) jumps on the brakes, so I shit myself as the tow pole snapped the tow hook in the beemer bumper and nearly went through the grille and rad!!
tabetha

Jesus man
Old 27-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Dar-rst
PassionFord Regular

having tyre weld in the boot instead of a spare and jack is all good till you get a blow out or damaged side walls
Old 28-03-2010, 12:49 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

I always use ultraseal, tyres run cooler, last longer, punctures, what are they, picked up a nail at snetterton one day, just by chance saw it in tyre, pulled nail out drove about 100 metres hole filled permanently, some little shits like sticking nails on the road round here.
Tyre dealers alwats maoin about doing tyres due to "dangerous" fumes etc etc from this stuff, had two tyres fitted friday, tyre person didn't even notice, zero fumes even if accidentally ingested it just makes you sick, no docrot no hosp needed.
Tyres were HANKOOK VENTUS EVO V12 K110, btw, 205/50X15, on a mk3 astra.
tabetha
Old 28-03-2010, 03:48 PM
smerth54

yea i know tyre wields not the best option but i never got a spare wheel when i brought the car think he sold it lol
Old 28-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Saaamon

Pics or STFU
Old 28-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Well a few weeks ago i was driving from south Germany to Holland to get on time for the boat for england. Well I had some problems loading the trailer on Thursday.I had to wait for 4 hours to load 20 rolls of paper. But after loading i found out that i couldn't drive anymore cos i don't have working hours anymore. So i parked over for the night planning to go up early. Only to find out the next morning that i had my tacho on working for the full 9 hours. I just forgot to push the button.
Took the card out and pushed it back in again and started driving. I had calculated that i could make it. But then i got stuck in traffic loosing 1 hour. I still could make it. But 3 hours later i got stuck in traffic again. Again loosing 1 hour. So now i found out i couldn't make it for the Friday. No worries i thought i just deliver the trailer on Saturday morning.
Worked out a bit different. Got stuck in traffic again and lost to much time. So when i got closer to Holland i called my boss and told him i couldn't make it. No problem just changed boats. So Saturday i got stuck in traffic for 3 times and had to spend the night at the German/Dutch border. Then it was Sunday. Left early and after getting some diesel i drove to the boat. Only to find out that the trailer wasn't marked for dangerous goods. So i was there at 6am and was told to wait to 7am so they can check the trailer. I left the harbour at 8am I was at home at 11am. So much bad luck in a few days
Old 28-03-2010, 06:47 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

tabetha
jesus lol
Old 28-03-2010, 07:16 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

When me and roosie were taking a engine out a mk2 mondy, the awkward way, he sawed through my skin as I was holding a pipe, then when trying to get a stubborn wheelnut undone he took a almighty swing with the club hammer we had with us, it slipped out of his hand, and missed hitting the back of my head by about 3", actually scraped my ear as it hit the ground, he didn't tell me just pissed himself laughing, shit keeps shouting bang and slapping the bonnet etc when doing any lecky work near battery FFS!!!
tabetha
Old 28-03-2010, 07:18 PM
cossiejsy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

unlucky or what
Old 28-03-2010, 07:20 PM
bythomson

Benni.
Old 28-03-2010, 07:35 PM
paul0461

tabetha
omg sounds like you beat my unluckyness there lol
Old 28-03-2010, 07:36 PM
paul0461

as for being a idiot. your abit right i have to admit.. guesse lesson learnt,,
the car was a VW golf.
and the toe eye in the boot turned out to be wrong anyway!!!
Old 28-03-2010, 07:38 PM
paul0461

Originally Posted by DAN P
should have got a vw would have got you home
it was a VW golf mark 4 haha
Old 28-03-2010, 08:04 PM
drsrst2zvh

Benni.
How do I make this appear underneath my signiture??? Funniest wit ive heard in ages.