General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New Apple MacBook...

Search this Thread

Old 24-03-2010, 10:22 PM
ProjectBobcat
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4

According to MacNN, Adobe is getting ready to release CS5, which will include a 64-bit version of Photoshop, sometime this spring. The lack of 64-bit support in the CS4 version of Photoshop for Mac was a major blunder by Adobe.

The addition of 64-bit support indicates that Adobe has finally decided to abandon the older Carbon-based code that CS4 and earlier versions of Photoshop were based on, and move on to Cocoa, a more modern programming platform. Adobe is already using Cocoa in Lightroom 2 and other 64-bit aware applications for the Mac. The process of moving Photoshop to Cocoa must have been a daunting project, because it would have required unwinding years of code patches and making a fresh start with Cocoa, the object-oriented development environment used in most modern Mac applications. The switch to 64-bit will remove the 4 GB memory limit from the Mac version of Photoshop, and the change to Cocoa will force some changes to user interface elements.

It's about time, Adobe. Welcome to the 64-bit world of Snow Leopard and beyond.
Im eagerly awaiting it too although admitedly on a pc, I use lightroom 2.6 a bit as well, im impressed with it. Ive heard Apple users says that Aperture is better than lightroom tho? I would love to try out a high end mac with some photoshop work, would somewhere like the apple store have test machines with adobe software installed that you could have a go with? Its quite a layout for something that I dont appreciate the benefit of yet.
Old 24-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
What mac is it at college your using? What operating system are you on. the wheel is just like the hourglass on a PC its not the mac crashing mate.

The beauty is that if you still prefer windows while youre learning mac then if you own a mac you can still run it, until you realise how much better osx is and then you will never boot into windows again.
Don't ask me mate, lol... It's just a screen and a keyboard and nothing else. They are about a year old. It's deffo' some kind of crashing though as in the past I've lost good work when the tech' has come in and turned it on and off.

They are all different too. Like some will copy and paste, some will scroll down and up were as some will only scroll down. Some will let you drag a picture over to word etc. Not one of the hundreds of different ones in there are the same function wise. Probably why I'm no closer to knowing how one works in so long a time. I've had to relearn photoshop because of them. But my teacher did say the college went Mac for a reason.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 24-03-2010 at 11:51 PM.