General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Halal approved........

Search this Thread

Old 23-03-2010, 04:25 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
The ones who don't contribute to society yes, but to state that all 'foreigners' should be "got rid of" is a really stupid thing to say.
I would like to see this point extended to cover everyone who doesn't contribute. If we got rid of those there would be plenty of room and money for the people who do. Can you imagine the amount of taxes saved if we got rid of all the english dole scroungers? On the otherhand getting rid of everyone who wasn't pure english would cripple this country.

Think alot of people have the wrong idea about how this country could be "fixed" tbh.
Old 23-03-2010, 04:25 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
And you never will.
not if this thread is anything to go by.
Old 23-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by R4N S S
You will be left with loads of jobs none of you want to do and i suspect a lot would rather just sit on the dole -- oh wait...
yet these same benefit scroungers whinge about immigrants taking jobs

Oh wait..... we cant say that. people who work for a living arent allowed to comment on the "working/benefit class" as its considered "picking on poor people"

Originally Posted by Nomaderst
Can you imagine the amount of taxes saved if we got rid of all the english dole scroungers?
exactly! replace all the dole scroungers with hard working immigrants. a) we'd have a couple million less people in the country (CHAV babies from pregnant 14 year olds etc ), social services wouldnt be so strained, the criminal justice system wouldnt be so strained, niether would NHS.
Old 23-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls
Old 23-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

For the record my original beef (can muslims eat beef?) was with halal approved on me sweets. I understand the reasons why it's written on the packaging but it just gets my back up.
I'm not against any foreign person calling Britain home, but in this case what I am against is the fact that animal welfare laws are ignored to accomodate a different culture. That's WRONG!

I want NON-HALAL APPROVED sherbet dip dabs!
Old 23-03-2010, 06:53 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mal.
For the record my original beef (can muslims eat beef?) was with halal approved on me sweets. I understand the reasons why it's written on the packaging but it just gets my back up.
I'm not against any foreign person calling Britain home, but in this case what I am against is the fact that animal welfare laws are ignored to accomodate a different culture. That's WRONG!

The Halal stuff is not all about meat thou is it? And didn't someone say the Serbert DipDabs were veggy in anycase? So not really sure what your point is?

Also I don't think you are in any position to judge Halal slaughtering unless you are concerned about all slaughtering tbh. I can assure you that far worse goes on than the cutting of a concious animals throat.
Old 23-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

The Halal stuff is not all about meat thou is it? And didn't someone say the Serbert DipDabs were veggy in anycase? So not really sure what your point is?

Also I don't think you are in any position to judge Halal slaughtering unless you are concerned about all slaughtering tbh. I can assure you that far worse goes on than the cutting of a concious animals throat.
I'm not really sure what your point about my point is either to be fair....

With regards to slaughtering, if the welfare laws of this green and pleasant land are follwed and enforced then animals are treat in the most appropriate and humane way given the cirumstances.
For an animals throat to be cut whilst fully conscious, it can take that poor animal a couple of minutes to die. Look it up......
Old 23-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

but in this case what I am against is the fact that animal welfare laws are ignored to accomodate a different culture. That's WRONG!

very good point.

Its a decision society needs to make, do we value animal cruelty as a bigger issue than muslims having access to halal meat??? remember they can import halal meat at thier expense and still solve animal cruelty by no animal cruelty taking place in UK yet the muslims still get thier halal meat albeit imported.

Although in the grand big scheme of things compared to the cruelty imposed on many humans in the UK by so called parents/care givers, the added cruelty to animals is insignificant!
Old 23-03-2010, 07:38 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm not really sure what your point about my point is either to be fair....

With regards to slaughtering, if the welfare laws of this green and pleasant land are follwed and enforced then animals are treat in the most appropriate and humane way given the cirumstances.
For an animals throat to be cut whilst fully conscious, it can take that poor animal a couple of minutes to die. Look it up......
My point I suppose, is that if you think that Halal slaughtering is done on a massive scale in the UK without meeting the "welfare laws of this green and pleasant land" then you are very wrong. I am sure some companies are not meeting these laws of course, but that goes for non halal.

If you also think that the laws we have now are serving to "treat animals in the most appropriate and humane way" then you again, very wrong.

If your concern, as you seem to be stating is for the welfare of animals, then I think you need to rethink what you eat, presuming you eat meat at all.
Old 23-03-2010, 07:50 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also before the inevitable reply saying that its a legal requirememnt to stun a animal before slaughter, I am well aware of this but the fact is there is a legal exception in place when it comes to Halal slaughter. The question is not one of weather Halal breaks laws, as it does not.
Old 23-03-2010, 07:55 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I would like to see this point extended to cover everyone who doesn't contribute. If we got rid of those there would be plenty of room and money for the people who do. Can you imagine the amount of taxes saved if we got rid of all the english dole scroungers? On the otherhand getting rid of everyone who wasn't pure english would cripple this country.

Think alot of people have the wrong idea about how this country could be "fixed" tbh.
Utterly, and totally.

I wonder how many actual extra sales they've made by putting that on the packaging? Is it on any other sweets? It could just be a clever marketing ploy to target a market that doesn't normally buy their sweets.

I do agree that it seems a bizarre thing to do - Like when they say "contains nuts" on a packet of nuts!
Old 23-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

My point I suppose, is that if you think that Halal slaughtering is done on a massive scale in the UK without meeting the "welfare laws of this green and pleasant land" then you are very wrong. I am sure some companies are not meeting these laws of course, but that goes for non halal.

If you also think that the laws we have now are serving to "treat animals in the most appropriate and humane way" then you again, very wrong.

If your concern, as you seem to be stating is for the welfare of animals, then I think you need to rethink what you eat, presuming you eat meat at all.
The point is that the way the civilised world do things should not be influenced by something that isn't real, i.e., Islam. When I say it isn't real I don't do it to offend Muslims, but the fact is that gods are real to a believer of religion in the same way as superman is to a believer of superheros.

Are you actually saying you think the make believe should have an influence on the way things are done in this country? Not only that, but have you seen the rest of the stuff in the Koran? Where is this going to stop in the quest of keeping followers of Islam happy. My guess is that a lot of the Muslims in this country would never want to go back to the east where they live in far less developed countries, yet they want to bring their whole oppressive lifestyle over here, not realising that this country wouldn't quite be the same if they did get their way.

Also, your comments on Halal make no sense whatsoever. How can stringing an animal up and slitting its throat be in any way compared to stunning it. When the animal is stunned it doesn't even know what's hit it... now compare that to some religious psychopath stringing it up wielding a machete or similar. It's going to be absolutely shitting itself, in much the same way as a woman would be after 'disgracing' her family according the rules of the Koran before she is brutally killed.

Last edited by Alan_D; 23-03-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 23-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Both halal and non-halal slaughtering involves the cutting of the jugular vein. It's just deemed more humane if said animal is stunned first.... I unfortunately do not enforce the law so can only hope that the vast majority of establishments work within the law and uphold the welfare standard.
Exceptions are made for religious minorities which I don't agree with.

As for what I personally eat, yep, I do eat meat. And I can only trust that when it says free range on the label that it actually is, as it would be illegal for them to lie......
Old 23-03-2010, 08:46 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Alan_D
The point is that the way the civilised world do things should not be influenced by something that isn't real, i.e., Islam. When I say it isn't real I don't do it to offend Muslims, but the fact is that gods are real to a believer of religion in the same way as superman is to a believer of superheros.

Are you actually saying you think the make believe should have an influence on the way things are done in this country? Not only that, but have you seen the rest of the stuff in the Koran? Where is this going to stop in the quest of keeping followers of Islam happy. My guess is that a lot of the Muslims in this country would never want to go back to the east where they live in far less developed countries, yet they want to bring their whole oppressive lifestyle over here, not realising that this country wouldn't quite be the same if they did get their way.

Also, your comments on Halal make no sense whatsoever. How can stringing an animal up and slitting its throat be in any way compared to stunning it. When the animal is stunned it doesn't even know what's hit it... now compare that to some religious psychopath stringing it up wielding a machete or similar. It's going to be absolutely shitting itself, in much the same way as a woman would be after 'disgracing' her family according the rules of the Koran before she is brutally killed.
My only arguement is that the fact is the Halal method of slaughter is not illegal. Nowhere did I say it was humane, but nor is the way its normally done, frankly.
Old 24-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Tank Mike
Advanced PassionFord User

My only arguement is that the fact is the Halal method of slaughter is not illegal. Nowhere did I say it was humane, but nor is the way its normally done, frankly.

I truly belive the halal method shouldd be illegal.
Old 24-03-2010, 02:26 AM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

cossiejay for PM

oh shit wasn't that a tag lol

Last edited by JLStretton; 24-03-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 24-03-2010, 09:00 AM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Am I still a racist if I hate all religions equally? People who believe in imaginary friends freak me out!
Old 24-03-2010, 09:40 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Tank Mike
I truly belive the halal method shouldd be illegal.
So do I mate, but that was not the point I was making. It should be illegial along with battery farming and plenty of other horrible pratices.
Old 24-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Dre.1983
PassionFord Regular

what I am against is the fact that animal welfare laws are ignored to accomodate a different culture. That's WRONG!
Totally agree and this just happens to be in my local paper today:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Hal...C-customer.htm
Old 24-03-2010, 01:22 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Dre.1983

sorry but that is fucking ridiculous -
Old 24-03-2010, 02:06 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Fair play!

Edit: Fair play to the guy complaining obviously.

Last edited by PeterRST; 24-03-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 24-03-2010, 02:34 PM
busa bob
PassionFord Regular

Default bollocks

WHAT A FUCKIN CROCK OV SHIT!! What is this country comin too, we serve halal cos musso's offended! SO FUCKIN WHAT!! Im offended we need 2 do this for them.If they feel offended by it FEEL FREE TO FUCKOFF HOME WHERE THEY BELONG.. This is our home remember we should come first.. BOUT TIME WE MADE A STAND AN GOT OUR COUNTRY BACK.. AN ALL THESE DO GOODERS STICKING UP FOR EM CAN FUCKOFF WITH EM AND SEE HOW THEY GET ON IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY, soon change there minds i bet.. COME ON BNP SORT THE COUNTRY OUT
Old 24-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

That is unbelievable!
Old 24-03-2010, 03:55 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

its all about cash and targeting groups of customers, in this case muslims, happens everyday to all of us without us knowing

nothing racial about it, money makes world go round
Old 24-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Tank Mike

So what there saying is, we will only serve you meat that has suffered more so than needed? How fucking crule! After reading this thread and learning about the prossess's that are gone though to make the meat blessed, I am seriously going halal free. I enjoying eating meat and some may say I'm being silly but I can no long eat meat that I know has cause the animal more suffering than needed.

In this day and age I think it's pathetic!!
Old 24-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RANJ
its all about cash and targeting groups of customers, in this case muslims, happens everyday to all of us without us knowing

nothing racial about it, money makes world go round

Targeting customers is one thing Ranj, but by turning it into a halal only kfc they're alienating and discriminating against non-muslims. Regardless of the welfare ethics in this, people should be given a choice. And until this is a muslim run country their religion takes second place as far as I'm concerned.

I'd bet there were plenty of 'not such devout muslims' that were frequenting it before anyway!
Old 24-03-2010, 04:15 PM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Targeting customers is one thing Ranj, but by turning it into a halal only kfc they're alienating and discriminating against non-muslims. Regardless of the welfare ethics in this, people should be given a choice. And until this is a muslim run country their religion takes second place as far as I'm concerned.

I'd bet there were plenty of 'not such devout muslims' that were frequenting it before anyway!

lol they have taken 1 burger of the menu

who eats that shit anyway

and i eat everything lol
Old 24-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

and i eat everything lol

I love me zinger burgers, and yes, I do actually have issues with how kfc look after their chucks anyway, regardless of halal bollocks!
Old 24-03-2010, 04:26 PM
cossiejay

i love kfc,on another note burnley council have just passed planing to have a 1500 muslim only girls school yet would not give my mum plannig for a single story extension on top of her garage
Old 24-03-2010, 04:29 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Tank Mike
So what there saying is, we will only serve you meat that has suffered more so than needed? How fucking crule! After reading this thread and learning about the prossess's that are gone though to make the meat blessed, I am seriously going halal free. I enjoying eating meat and some may say I'm being silly but I can no long eat meat that I know has cause the animal more suffering than needed.

In this day and age I think it's pathetic!!
say goodbye to kebabs then
Old 24-03-2010, 04:32 PM
cossiejay

kebabs round here are made from road kill so most of the deaths where instant
Old 24-03-2010, 04:34 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

and i eat everything lol
but surely that is not the point - the fact is they have alienated people from food they want to eat - pretty much the opposite affect they wanted i guess.

I certainly would not want to drive a further 5 miles to eat a burger of my choice.

But people need to be given a choice not just refused. KFC crack me up as they have gone all halal in these premises to appease the muslim folk yet they seem to have forgetten that is not their only target audience.
Old 24-03-2010, 04:35 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by cossiejay
kebabs round here are made from road kill so most of the deaths where instant
lol - round my way they run em over and let em die a ghetto halal death
Old 24-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by R4N S S
But people need to be given a choice not just refused. KFC crack me up as they have gone all halal in these premises to appease the muslim folk yet they seem to have forgetten that is not their only target audience.
Why cant they have a separate grill and fryer and prep area for halal products??? mixing issues solved then. have cutting boards, knives etc with "halal only" written on them. Keep halal on different area of fridge/freezers etc. Really not that hard to implement.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Why cant they have a separate grill and fryer and prep area for halal products??? mixing issues solved then. have cutting boards, knives etc with "halal only" written on them. Keep halal on different area of fridge/freezers etc. Really not that hard to implement.
though totally pointless IMO,,, food is food,,chicken is still chicken,, the chicken will still die, our religion dont restrict us for eating halal,,, is it that hard to work out ?
Old 25-03-2010, 12:33 AM
.Ross.

PMSL .. This thread has took a nose dive ..

+1