General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bio Diesel bloke burnt my unit down solicitor help please

Search this Thread

Old 19-03-2010 | 09:25 PM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

Angry Bio Diesel bloke burnt my unit down solicitor help please

Bloke next door to my unit makes bio diesel and the prick was burnin some wood shavings which he uses to mop his shit up. He was burnin it next to my unit so he was away from his stuff. Well he fucked off and left the fire and it must have fallen over etc and nobody about. Got phone call to say on fire so got down there and firemen tryin to get in buy its that well secure they couldnt get in so proper fucked it. Any how turns out we are under insured and that cunt next door that makes bio diesel aint got insurance, rents a house and got fuck all so where do i go from here. We both rent units from same landlord and he has building insured for fire. Like i said got my own insurance for kit but it ain't enough as i was woried about it gettin nicked and there was no way you would get everything. pissed of as not my fault but im gettin fucked over also with clearin up, inventory and pricing it and down time. Wat can i do
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:27 PM
as355f1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ya fucked, sorry to be blunt
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:29 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

go see a solicitor staightaway,and sue the coont
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:29 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So are you trying to get cash for your goods? pressume the unit is covered by the landlord?

I would say you'll get naff all of the bloke who burnt it down if he don't own out.
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:40 PM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

yep unit has building insurance by landlord. My kit was insured for about 7k prob got about 10k of stuff gone and prob be about 3k to relocate down time etc and all insurance will go for him to get ther loss back but because he is a prick and had no insurance he will just go bankrupt. Cant belive you can run a business seling and making bio diesel with no insurance. Want to no if can go for land lord for letting an uninsured business run from his property. Goin to be about 6k down due to some fuckin twat
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:49 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

best bet is go to citizens advice or pay a solicitors a 1 off fee to speak to someone who is actually qualified to give the right answer!!
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:50 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sadly you can't rely on others, hence when you are oporating a business you need to have the correct levels of cover yourself so that if the worst happens, you are covered.

I can't see you getting cash out of ther landlord or him, just a load of stress and financial cost trying but best to seek decent legal advice - be aware that some solicitors will suggest you try and line their pockets with your whilst really you have no chance.
Old 19-03-2010 | 09:57 PM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

thats wat i'm worried about solicitors wanting to take a clear cut case on then hey presto bloke go's bankrupt and then i get the solicitors bill and more money down the pan. Building will be 25k to put right so he has caused it total about40k worth of problems
Old 19-03-2010 | 10:43 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

had it years back, some firm didn't pay up, solicitors got it to court, baliffs, bloke sat there and they couldn't take sod all, solicitors suggesting we go after his possession at his misses house where he was living?

Why so he could sit in his misses lounge and say 'non of this is mine'? that cost us about £400 on top of what he had already failed to pay. We had offers of certain people collect the debt but then your in their pocket.

The next time it happened with another firm, we went down their ourselves and got our cash on the spot, not always possible though.
Old 19-03-2010 | 11:45 PM
Rsmat
300+

gutted mate....life`s a shitter at times.
Old 20-03-2010 | 12:15 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

That's proper shitty luck! Is there nothing salvagable? Maybe you can get what you can from the insurance, and salvage some stuff. It will be a ball ache no matter what though!
Old 20-03-2010 | 12:40 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That's a real pisser, mate and proves why, although none of us like paying for insurance, it's best to have it all legit when the time comes to actually need it. After all, the extra premium on the shortfall would have been very little. I don't know if you can get coverage for business interruption, relocation etc, but I guess you can, and that you will probably investigate that when you get into a new place.

Your landlord isn't to blame here - for a commercial property his tenancy agreement will stipulate a full repair and maintenance lease with adequate insurance cover, though I'd expect he will have his own buildings insurance too, otherwise he's screwed as well.

However, one quick note of caution: Posting a message about someone without insurance causing grief for someone who does is likely to get several unexpected replies.

I read a thread about this topic just recently, and learned that there's a load of guys on here who reckon that what matey-boy has done to you is just fine, and you certainly shouldn't dream of getting the authorities involved for fear of being called a grass.

Instead, their solution will be for you to get yourself a team together and go "sort him aaat". Of course, if he has no assets you won't get any cash, though you might get the satisfaction of getting his blood on your trainers etc, and that'll make everything ok, won't it?
Old 20-03-2010 | 02:22 AM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by james kiely
go see a solicitor staightaway,and sue the coont
There's no point if he has nothing.

Charlie
Old 20-03-2010 | 08:13 AM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
That's a real pisser, mate and proves why, although none of us like paying for insurance, it's best to have it all legit when the time comes to actually need it. After all, the extra premium on the shortfall would have been very little. I don't know if you can get coverage for business interruption, relocation etc, but I guess you can, and that you will probably investigate that when you get into a new place.

Your landlord isn't to blame here - for a commercial property his tenancy agreement will stipulate a full repair and maintenance lease with adequate insurance cover, though I'd expect he will have his own buildings insurance too, otherwise he's screwed as well.

However, one quick note of caution: Posting a message about someone without insurance causing grief for someone who does is likely to get several unexpected replies.

I read a thread about this topic just recently, and learned that there's a load of guys on here who reckon that what matey-boy has done to you is just fine, and you certainly shouldn't dream of getting the authorities involved for fear of being called a grass.

Instead, their solution will be for you to get yourself a team together and go "sort him aaat". Of course, if he has no assets you won't get any cash, though you might get the satisfaction of getting his blood on your trainers etc, and that'll make everything ok, won't it?

Couldn't care less about being a "Grass" and as for sortin him out learnt that don't pay as get sued yourself as i have something to take and the law is a fookin ass. Was wonderin if there was some other way like when you get hit by uninsured driver and you get payed out from government etc just not happy about having to take the loss when it aint my fault, if it was then would just take it on chin.
Old 20-03-2010 | 08:24 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I don't think there is a fund such as this - apart from anything else, home and business insurance is optional and if people knew they could spend the premium on something else and still get cover, no-one would buy any insurance or pay the add-on to cover the fund.

When a big natural disaster hits abroad, the government always sends aid. At home, after incidents like the Cumbria floods, I suspect they quietly help uninsured people.

But in an election year, I'm sure we'd all hear about the caring, compassionate government stepping in to help rebuild shattered homes, but I don't think you'll get anything in this case.
Old 20-03-2010 | 08:41 AM
cossie col
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I don't think there is a fund such as this - apart from anything else, home and business insurance is optional and if people knew they could spend the premium on something else and still get cover, no-one would buy any insurance or pay the add-on to cover the fund.

When a big natural disaster hits abroad, the government always sends aid. At home, after incidents like the Cumbria floods, I suspect they quietly help uninsured people.

But in an election year, I'm sure we'd all hear about the caring, compassionate government stepping in to help rebuild shattered homes, but I don't think you'll get anything in this case.

Well can see if you don't insure yourself and you fook yourself over thats it take it on the chin but it should be law that you have public liabilty to protect other people from your stupidity ie i would be able to claim of bio man