General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report

Search this Thread

Old 19-03-2010, 08:29 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Basically, you are reporting people to the Police for breaking the law, and then regularly break the law yourself. You are picking and choosing what what's acceptable and what's not. Well by law, neither are, yet you're happy to break one, and report someone else for the other.

Benni.
Yes. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. I've made that clear from the outset and have no problem with that. Laws are not all equal and I really don't care whether you, or anyone else agrees with that.
Old 19-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
No it would ONLY be double standards if I whined about uninsured drivers yet had no insurance myself.

Laws are not all equal - Letting your dog poo on the pavement is illegal, shooting someone in the face is illegal, they are clearly at opposite ends of the illegal scale. While I'd be pissed off that someone let their dog shit on the street I wouldn't tell the police. I would however tell the police if I saw someone shoot someone in the face.

What we're discussing here is whether we think uninsured drivers are worth being grassed up. I think they are, you think they aren't - and that's all there to it. I really can't make it any clearer than that Jay, and if you refuse to understand that there really is no point in us discussing it any further.
i dont understand how you have no ethics its a strong case as do as i say not as i do ! you can break as many laws as you like but if someone breaks a law you dont its wrong in your eyes so double standards as set in stone
Old 19-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Yes. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. I've made that clear from the outset and have no problem with that. Laws are not all equal and I really don't care whether you, or anyone else agrees with that.
Originally Posted by Jay_
i dont understand how you have no ethics its a strong case as do as i say not as i do ! you can break as many laws as you like but if someone breaks a law you dont its wrong in your eyes so double standards as set in stone
cool
Old 19-03-2010, 08:38 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread baffles the imagination has more twists and turns than the local bike
Old 19-03-2010, 08:38 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Answer me the following please Jay as I genuinely can't see how you can't see where I'm coming from - would you tell the police if a dog crapped on the pavement outside your house?

Would you tell the police if you were the sole witness to the shooting of a child?

If you stand by what you've just written you've either got to answer 'yes' to both of those questions or 'no' to both questions.
Old 19-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

So you wouldn't care if I grassed your mate up for smoking weed?

Benni.
Old 19-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

So who is right Dan or Jay? mmmm

Old 19-03-2010, 08:46 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why has breaking the law suddenly become the main source of the argument? We all know that 95% break the law or have donbe at some point, and i dont think anyone is disputing that.

The argument was about 'grassing' and whther people think its right or wrong. Well, anyone who says its wrong and should never be done, honour amongst theives, grasses are scum etc etc, are the hypocrits here as they WOULD grass for certain things. EVERYONE would grass, but each individuals scale is different. Personally i wouldnt ever do it for trivial things as i dont see a benefit at the end of it, or dont see it as affecting anyone directly. However, i would for things like burgulary, robbery, muggings, rape, murder, assault etc etc.

A question to the people who hate these grassers: (which they conveniently seem to be avoiding)......

Assuming you cannot get the person yourself for whatever reason, is it ok to grass if it involves you or a family member?

Im sure the answer will be YES. Which totally goes against what you supposidly believe, right? So why say it to start with? Now thats the total definition of hypocritical and double standards.
Old 19-03-2010, 08:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Benni
So you wouldn't care if I grassed your mate up for smoking weed?

Benni.
Grass away mate I'm sure the police would be more than happy to do a dawn raid on his house to find an eighth!

You're just smarting because I said your fox story was made up aren't you Benni. Your little fists are all clenched up and your gammy leg is twitching with anger. Get over it and move on as I'm bored of you now.
Old 19-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Grass away mate I'm sure the police would be more than happy to do a dawn raid on his house to find an eighth!

You're just smarting because I said your fox story was made up aren't you Benni. Your little fists are all clenched up and your gammy leg is twitching with anger. Get over it and move on as I'm bored of you now.
I was discussing in this thread hours before the other one was started, so how have you come to such a conclusion? As for the personal insults, I assumed you was above all that, but this clearly isn't the case.

Benni.
Old 19-03-2010, 09:00 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by S1rst
Why has breaking the law suddenly become the main source of the argument?
Because the original argument was over about 4 pages ago but for some reason some people don't want to admit defeat, so they change the argument. Or at least that's how it appears to me.
Old 19-03-2010, 09:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Jay come on answer the dog poo/child shooting question please!!!
Old 19-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Because the original argument was over about 4 pages ago but for some reason some people don't want to admit defeat, so they change the argument. Or at least that's how it appears to me.
Says the one who has had to turn to personal insults...

Benni.
Old 19-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Jay come on answer the dog poo/child shooting question please!!!
Yeah, whats the answer Jay?
Old 19-03-2010, 09:14 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jesus, I didn't realize Christain was part of the Nazi junior league!! Glad I'm not your neighbour......
Old 19-03-2010, 09:15 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Can the grass bashers please answer my question in post #288 aswell?
Old 19-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Jesus, I didn't realize Christain was part of the Nazi junior league!! Glad I'm not your neighbour......
me too, what a cunt lol
Old 19-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If the offence was bad enough I would make sure i got to him myself. That clear it up for you
Old 19-03-2010, 09:24 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Once again it all depends on the circumstances

If a guys dog shit in my grans garden i wouldnt go shouting to the police to find him, but if he beat her and robbed her house i would consider it

Only if i couldnt do anything else of course

Lets just put an end to it and say that some people would grass and others wont, simple.

But the problem is grasses cant see why people wont do it, and grass haters cant see why they should

Its A MATTER OF OPINION!!!!!
Old 19-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Stevie-Boy
Gettin There

Fuck me what a thread

I have a Polish neighbour who has been here for over a year and drives with no tax and obviously no insurance, he has visits from friends who also have cars with no tax,what's your views on this?
Old 19-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
If the offence was bad enough I would make sure i got to him myself. That clear it up for you
exactly why stand by and let somrone shoot a defenceless child stand around for it to be over to call the police for them to hold the cocks in there hand for years , i couldnt forgive myself if i let that happen

any way to the do gooder's snitching law breakers i hope your life is complete if not i think theres a career for you its called a police officer i mean you could get caught speeding and flash your warrent card and get let off " thats your sort of thing " im done with this thread now
Old 19-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stevie-Boy
Fuck me what a thread

I have a Polish neighbour who has been here for over a year and drives with no tax and obviously no insurance, he has visits from friends who also have cars with no tax,what's your views on this?
you could report it to DI dan but hes a mashed at the moment so call back later
Old 19-03-2010, 09:37 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA
But the problem is grasses cant see why people wont do it, and grass haters cant see why they should
As a 'grasser' I can totally understand why someone wouldn't grass. It's the anti-grassers who can't understand why someone would. Then when it's pointed out that ultimately we'd all be grassers under certain circumstances the anti-grassers refuse to admit it and resort to a)changing the subject b)silly arguments or c) accusing me of single handedly supporting the columbian drug trade.

Jay, come on, answer your question
Old 19-03-2010, 09:45 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

" im done with this thread now
You're done as you know you can't answer the question with either two no's or two yes's. I know it's a silly question but if you were looking out of a hotel room window and saw a distinctive man shoot a kid in an adjacent tower block you would do what ANYONE on this forum would, and that would be to call 999. The point I'm making, and have been trying to make for quite some time is just that my grassing tollerance is set lower than yours. That doesn't make either of us wrong, just different.
Old 19-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stevie-Boy
Fuck me what a thread

Well considering there probably part of the eastern european mafia I would probably give that one a wide berth or you`ll probably end up in the foundations of a new build round your way lol
Old 19-03-2010, 10:08 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No not at all really mate, as the question assumes that you cannot get to them for whatever reason, so have have not answered the question at all there mate.

Last edited by S1rst; 19-03-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:12 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As a 'grasser' I can totally understand why someone wouldn't grass. It's the anti-grassers who can't understand why someone would. Then when it's pointed out that ultimately we'd all be grassers under certain circumstances the anti-grassers refuse to admit it and resort to a)changing the subject b)silly arguments or c) accusing me of single handedly supporting the columbian drug trade.

Exactly, quite funny how they keep avoiding answering the questions properly. Its purely because they dont want to look stupid now as they 'hate grasses' etc, but would clearly grass themselves if the need arises.

Last edited by S1rst; 19-03-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

me too, what a cunt lol
I'm glad I'm not your neighbour either you skanky northerner. I get on really well with all my neighbours, mainly because their cars are taxed and insured, they don't do illegal drugs, or hold late night illegal raves.

So, go back to your council estate, well, thats how it sounds from the image you paint of it. I'm fortunate enough to live in a neighbourhood where people are mostly respectable, so these people that grind my gears stand out like a sore thumb. I guess I can see that if you live in the toilet of the country, the population density of scummy wankers is much higher.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

....and while we there, can I have a saucer of milk to table 2.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
skanky northerner.
You cunt Christian!
Old 19-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
You cunt Christian!
Lee, that was VERY VERY tame compared to what I was retaliating to.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

exactly why stand by and let somrone shoot a defenceless child stand around for it to be over to call the police for them to hold the cocks in there hand for years , i couldnt forgive myself if i let that happen

any way to the do gooder's snitching law breakers i hope your life is complete if not i think theres a career for you its called a police officer i mean you could get caught speeding and flash your warrent card and get let off " thats your sort of thing " im done with this thread now

Exactly, quite funny how they keep avoiding answering the questions properly. Its purely because they dont want to look stupid now as they 'hate grasses' etc, but would clearly grass themselves if the need arises.
read the first quote seeing as you couldnt read it the first time round ! this is my last reply on this thread so twist and what i put to make you sound better but i think ive explained myself enough to narrow minded humans

Last edited by Jay,; 19-03-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 19-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Lee, that was VERY VERY tame compared to what I was retaliating to.
Ive just read back to see! I left the thread ages ago!

Its like trying to knock a nail into a knot with these on here!
Old 19-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

how havent i got an infraction yet FFS lol, debated thread of the year anyone?
Old 19-03-2010, 10:51 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

In my eyes, there is a big difference between reporting serious crime/ drunk driver etc to petty snitching on people that you don't like just to get your kicks, that's the lowest of the low IMHO, just cowardly and pathetic.

Our next door neighbours reported me for no road tax on my van, as there is a long standing dispute about a parking slot ( they don't want people to park on a public road infront of thier window ).... Funny thing was, it was only just a week out of date, and the copper who turned up basically told me that it was obviously reported just for spite! The even funnier thing was it WAS actually taxed, as I did it online, and had just got it in the post the morning the copper showed up, so i went and put it in there and then....

But it's nice to know that some people are just petty spiteful snitching cunts!
Old 19-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

how havent i got an infraction yet FFS lol, debated thread of the year anyone?
LOL tbh theres been a few already and we are only into March!
Old 19-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
In my eyes, there is a big difference between reporting serious crime/ drunk driver etc to petty snitching on people that you don't like just to get your kicks, that's the lowest of the low IMHO, just cowardly and pathetic.

Our next door neighbours reported me for no road tax on my van, as there is a long standing dispute about a parking slot ( they don't want people to park on a public road infront of thier window ).... Funny thing was, it was only just a week out of date, and the copper who turned up basically told me that it was obviously reported just for spite! The even funnier thing was it WAS actually taxed, as I did it online, and had just got it in the post the morning the copper showed up, so i went and put it in there and then....

But it's nice to know that some people are just petty spiteful snitching cunts!
LOL i hate cunts like that! FUCK OFF ill park where i like!

Now i do have a neighbour that was parking in front of mine, which was fine, but the passenger had to step on my garden to get in! So he got told!
Old 19-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I know of an uninsured car that is driven by the foreign valeters where i work, i contacted the police a few weeks ago, gave them the reg, where it is parked every day etc, and..........NOTHING has happened!!!!

Makes me wonder why i bother insuring mine!!

As for people saying they hate grasses, i hate the fact that i pay over a grand a year to insure the Cossie and my runaround, only for some cheeky cunt that's got no regard for others to get away with having no insurance!!!
Old 19-03-2010, 10:57 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

read the first quote seeing as you couldnt read it the first time round ! this is my last reply on this thread so twist and what i put to make you sound better but i think ive explained myself enough to narrow minded humans
What? Your quote doesnt answer the queston at all.

My question assumed that you couldnt get to the person who did it. So go on then, if you knew who did it and couldnt get to them, would you grass? Is it ok to grass if your the victim or if a family member or friend is the victim?

We can all say 'this is my last reply on the matter' if we're losing an argument mate. But if thats your views, at least make sure its REALLy your views, and think about if you would actually do it yourself as you clearly would in some situations, even if you wont admit it to avoid looking silly.

Not a dig at anyone in particular, but I just cant get my head around some people. They have an opinion and thats fine of course, but when they contradict themselves and end up looking like hypocrits, they wont admit it when its clearly obvious that there just the same as everyone else, and would actually do what they said they hated people for in the first place. Classic stuff!

Last edited by S1rst; 19-03-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 19-03-2010, 11:27 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

You know full well that that doesn't answer the question in the slightest Jay. I'd have more respect for you if you conceded and admitted that in some circumstances grassing is acceptable. As it stands, you've tried to worm out of it to save face, but have failed.

Quick Reply: A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report