General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2010, 09:39 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Few floors to your statement there Noco,
Originally Posted by Oranoco
Few floors to your statement.
Think you'll find it's flaws...
Old 15-03-2010, 09:41 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few floors to your statement there Noco, 99% of the time un insured drivers will cause no harm, they dont go out there way to crash but accidents happen, like speeders dont mean to lose control and crash and kill people they just do. NEXT...
so its ok to drive with no insurance ?

lets hope he crashes into your escos then
Old 15-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by KregRS
Think you'll find it's flaws...
Meh, I'm tired and been at the wine
Old 15-03-2010, 09:57 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Few floors to your statement there Noco, 99% of the time un insured drivers will cause no harm, they dont go out there way to crash but accidents happen, like speeders dont mean to lose control and crash and kill people they just do. NEXT...
Uninsured driveres put EVERYONE's insurance up...

Old 15-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't believe the gangsta wannabes on here "hating grasses" - I'm guessing that you've been watching too many Guy Ritchie movies, lads!

If someone stole your car and I knew who it was, would I be a grass if I told you or the cops?

What about if someone broke into your mums and stole her wedding ring and other treasures? Maybe you would like her to get her stuff back, maybe for sentimental reasons if not for the cash?

How about if some wee scrote set fire to your granny's mobility scooter and killed granny and grandad?

Society is breaking down because everyone wants to be on the side of the criminal regardless of what law they are breaking, who they are hurting, or the potential they have to harm us all. In this case, every single person who IS paying for insurance is paying more so that wankers like matey-boy don't have to bother. When he hits one of your cars and you can't beat any cash out of him, how long will it take for the whiny post to appear about the uninsured bastard driver, and the wanker who knew he was doing it and did nothing to stop him?

There is a quote along the lines of "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Or something like that.

Last edited by Iain Mac; 15-03-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 15-03-2010, 11:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ollie.
I know where you're coming from but a grass is a grass.
Thats a very strange and childish attitude to have mate to be honest. If they hit your car and then you realised your mate knew they were not insured before and didnt say anything, would you still be ok with the situation?
Old 15-03-2010, 11:13 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Can you honestly not see the difference here mate? The insured speeder crashes into someone and the innocent party will not be left out of pocket. The un-insured guy who crashes would leave the innocent party out of pocket with a load of hassle to sort out.

What would you do if an un-insured driver hit your car, and you found out that your mate knew he was not insured but didnt 'grass'? Would you think 'oh its ok, as long as you didnt grass on him thats fine'? Or would you think, 'what a twat the un-insured driver is, and why didnt he get caught or why didnt my mate tell the cops about it'? My guess is that youd be pissed off with your mate.

Im not one to 'grass' on anyone and i stay out of peoples business, but if it affected me or could potentially affect me in any way, then i wouldnt think twice about it to be honest. If everyone thought like this, then there'd be much less crime being committed in my opinion.

Last edited by S1rst; 15-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 15-03-2010, 11:18 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
I think probably most people dislike grasses (myself included) but at the same time i think that there are certain things that everybody would grass somebody up for eg peadophiles, granny bashers etc. The thing is everybodys level of what they consider acceptable before grassing is different - some people would grass for trivial things, others would only grass on more serious issues. Basically it's up to the OP to decide where his "grassing level" is.
If you are sure that he is uninsured then i don't think many people would knock you for tipping off the plod (well a lot of people might slag you off but i bet they would be the first to start moaning if an uninsured driver ploughed into their pride & joy or worse family).
Agreed. People who say things like 'a grass is a grass' are hypocrits for sure. Its these people that are adding to the ways things are going unfortunatly, but they are too blind to see this for some reason.

Last edited by S1rst; 15-03-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 15-03-2010, 11:34 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Agree with S1RST. Although i personally wouldn't bother to even get to this stage its definately the right thing to do.

As for disliking grasses etc yeah fair enough, but as said above if someone stands to loose out or be hurt then it's different. The only people i'd never grass on are friends and family. Fuck others, if they want to act like cunts they deserve what they get.
Old 16-03-2010, 07:45 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I can't believe the gangsta wannabes on here "hating grasses" - I'm guessing that you've been watching too many Guy Ritchie movies, lads!

If someone stole your car and I knew who it was, would I be a grass if I told you or the cops?

What about if someone broke into your mums and stole her wedding ring and other treasures? Maybe you would like her to get her stuff back, maybe for sentimental reasons if not for the cash?

How about if some wee scrote set fire to your granny's mobility scooter and killed granny and grandad?

Society is breaking down because everyone wants to be on the side of the criminal regardless of what law they are breaking, who they are hurting, or the potential they have to harm us all. In this case, every single person who IS paying for insurance is paying more so that wankers like matey-boy don't have to bother. When he hits one of your cars and you can't beat any cash out of him, how long will it take for the whiny post to appear about the uninsured bastard driver, and the wanker who knew he was doing it and did nothing to stop him?

There is a quote along the lines of "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Or something like that.

supposed grown men talking about 'grasses' - it's pathetic playground stuff. grow up and realise that you have a responsibility to yourself and others in your community
Old 16-03-2010, 12:13 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Fuck me, defending uninsured drivers. Heard it all now
Old 16-03-2010, 10:06 PM
tomoyb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

whos to say the guy is uninsured though?

he might have a traders policy

just because him or his car is rough dont prove anything

if i type my reg into askmid it comes up no insurance but i know it is covered

surely in this day a car on the road with no insurance tax etc doesnt take long in getting caught by the police,judging by some of these tv shows on traffic police
Old 16-03-2010, 10:31 PM
SiZT

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tomoyb
whos to say the guy is uninsured though?

he might have a traders policy
If he's owned it for longer than 2 weeks and is driving it then he has to report that it's insured (usually by putting it onto the MID themselves).

tbh, report it to the police and if you see him still drive around in it you know it's insured. Whats the bother in being pulled over by the police?
Old 17-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac

Absoultely its fucking pathetic, well said!
Old 17-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I hate grasses
So if someone raped your mum, and I knew who it was, you wouldnt want me to tell anyone?

What a twat

Its attitudes like that which are destroying this society, everything from people getting away with claiming benefit they arent entitled to right up to serious crimes.

Last edited by Chip; 17-03-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 17-03-2010, 08:46 AM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BM08
As chip said, just tick the box on askmid, its not as if anything will happen if its NOT your car your checking, i mean why the hell would you check your own car if you know your insured and payed it
To check that your insurance company had updated the database correctly...

surely!?
Old 17-03-2010, 10:07 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fucking madness, uninsured drivers put all our premiums up, and if they hit your car you are fucked.

To the people saying they hate grasses, if one of these uninsured drivers hit your car and you had to pay for repairs yourself / had you car written off / had to pay excess etc, and you were down the pub the day after with your mates telling them about it, and one of your mates said "oh yeah I knew about driver that but I don't grass" would you be ok with that? Give him a pat on the backand say, well done mate, I hate grasses too, I am happy to be Ł100s out of pocket to protect the criminals.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:47 AM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Westy
no one likes a snitch... just leave them to it. They'll get caught in the end.. why interfer

how would you like it if a drunk and/or uninsured driver seriously injured a loved one (or god forbid killed them) and you were not able to claim any compensation forloss of income, not being able to pay bills (or god forbid funeral costs) and found out the person at fault was known to be an uninsured and/or drunk driver and noting was said to the police???

i'd be prety fucking pissed off as if someone had told the police they may have got them off the road in time to save your loved one!

not to mention the extra money we legal drivers have to pay for insurance cos of all the fuckers who dont!

if you have reasonable suspition that they are driving uninsured the tell the police.
Old 17-03-2010, 12:55 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_focus
how would you like it if a drunk and/or uninsured driver seriously injured a loved one (or god forbid killed them) and you were not able to claim any compensation forloss of income, not being able to pay bills (or god forbid funeral costs) and found out the person at fault was known to be an uninsured and/or drunk driver and noting was said to the police???

not to mention the extra money we legal drivers have to pay for insurance cos of all the fuckers who dont!
the reason that we all pay more insurance is for some of it to go to the MIB so that claims against uninsured drivers can be settled, so make your mind up
Old 17-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
The insured speeder crashes into someone and the innocent party will not be left out of pocket.
Err yeah they`ll just be left dead.
Old 17-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Absoultely its fucking pathetic, well said!
Who threw you a bone , get back in your basket .
Old 17-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bad boy rs
so its ok to drive with no insurance ?

lets hope he crashes into your escos then
I havent got it anymore mate, I seen the light, lol
Old 17-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Ima Racing

Dont like snitches leave it to the rats.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Ima Racing

Chip if you knew who raped someone i'd expect you to go to the family not the police.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:03 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Err yeah they`ll just be left dead.
Suprisingly mate, not everyone dies in a car crash you know.

Regarding the MIB, yes you can claim from them if it involves un-insured drivers, but has anyone actually tried this? If they have they will know the hassle and trouble caused by this, not to mention the time periods involved, and the fact you very rarely get ALL your money back anyway.

I honesly find it hard to beleive that some people are actually trying to defend these scumbags. Very strange and such a shame. Some would say they are as bad as them.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:04 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

shocked that people are actually calling him a "grass" you must think its ok to drive round uninsured then.... cunts
Old 17-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im not saying its right , im saying its none of his business to go and grass him, just fuck of and leave him alone, the police will probably pick it out sooner or later
Old 17-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

I hate grasses
What even for situations like someone driving with no insurance? Dont talk like a moron!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:07 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
Chip if you knew who raped someone i'd expect you to go to the family not the police.
But what if they cant get to the family for whatever reason? Or even if they do get a beating, you'd still want them to go down for it right?

In fact this is a pointless argument and its totally ridiculous. Anyone who says a grass is a grass in my opinion are hypocrits, childish and dont deserve a place living with 99% of the decent people. All in my opinion of course, but im sure i speak for most when i say that.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And as bad as it sounds but yeah danneth he is a scummy tale telling grass.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:08 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Im not saying its right , im saying its none of his business to go and grass him, just fuck of and leave him alone, the police will probably pick it out sooner or later
Its all of our business though as he will be driving the same roads as us, rather it be sorted sooner rather then later thanks
Old 17-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
Charles Bronson built a career out of movies based on family taking revenge. Back here in the real world, while most victim's families would like to take direct action, most of us either can't or won't. That could be because they aren't "tough" or "gangsta" enough, or maybe they don't know or can't afford the "right kind" of people to "take care of it", but many still believe in the rule of law and order. When that breaks down, we'd better all grow some balls and get some guns.

I really can't believe the shit that keeps getting trotted out here...
Old 17-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

in my opinion are hypocrits, childish and dont deserve a place living with 99% of the decent people.
Ha Ha so you dont think i deserve to live alongside you in society cause i think its wrong to grass someone when its none of your business, good old PF drama queens at it again,
Old 17-03-2010, 10:11 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Would it be none of his business if this driver drove into his car or a family member/friend etc?

So where do you draw the line out of interest? What do you actually class as 'grassing'? If you saw someone stab someone, and you saw who did it, would you not 'grass' on them to help catch the guy? Would you want someone to 'grass' if that victim was your mate or family member, or would you understand if they didnt want to say because a 'grass is a grass'?

Just curious really as to why people think its acceptable to turn a blind eye to things that could potentially ruin other peoples lives.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Same here Olly, i hate grasses, he may be in the wrong but its none of your business so keep out IMO, if i was that bloke and you grassed me you would make an enemy for life.

Oh and by the way I presume all the moral highgrounders on here must hate speeders who lose control of cars and kill pedestrians yes....?
Yet we all praise and worship JB Fletch and the likes when they`ve been hooning around in the Cossies.Same type of offence IMO.

Fuckin wankers on here these days like!
Your talking like a cunt mate... We have been hit by a non insured driver a few years ago and it cost us quite bit, having to claim on our own insurance etc then losing NCB.
People take the fucking piss, no insurance, benefit fraud, etc etc while we all pay our way. Why should they get away with it? Its NOTHING like speeding etc, no comparison!

Grass the cunt up if hes DEFFO not insured, you got to be dead sure though!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

But what if they cant get to the family for whatever reason? Or even if they do get a beating, you'd still want them to go down for it right?

In fact this is a pointless argument and its totally ridiculous. Anyone who says a grass is a grass in my opinion are hypocrits, childish and dont deserve a place living with 99% of the decent people. All in my opinion of course, but im sure i speak for most when i say that.
Totally agree mate!

It would be different if some of these whos thoughts are a grass is a grass had their precous motors knicked etc, and someone knew who it was but wouldnt tell them!

No one has morals thats all it is! Or they do, but they are the wrong sort!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But the point is he hasnt done anything yet and for FUCK SAKE HE ISNT EVEN CERTAIN THE STUPID CUNT IS DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE FOR FUCK SAKE AND FOR THE LAST FUCKIN TIME I DONT BELIEVE IN GRASSING, END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

But the point is he hasnt done anything yet and for FUCK SAKE HE ISNT EVEN CERTAIN THE STUPID CUNT IS DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE FOR FUCK SAKE AND FOR THE LAST FUCKIN TIME I DONT BELIEVE IN GRASSING, END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caps lock is on the left.

Your argument is nothing to do with this certain guy, wether he is insured or not isn't the issue! if he is 100% not insured for certain, you are still saying he shouldnt grass.

Grassing is still grasing though eh! Theres a bloke down the road who i have seen take kids in the house, so one day i looked in through the window and he was messing with them....not going to tell the police though, as i aint a grass!!!! What a pathetic attitude!

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 17-03-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:17 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ha Ha so you dont think i deserve to live alongside you in society cause i think its wrong to grass someone when its none of your business, good old PF drama queens at it again,
What im saying is that its people like this that turn a blind eye that add to the problems we already have. It would be your business if something happened to you because of it. Is it not human nature to try and prevent things from happening before they do?

Honestly, im genuinely interested as to why some think its ok to let things be. Where do you actually draw the line? is it ever ok to 'grass' or is it a definate no no in your eyes regardless.

Not a dig at you personally mate, but im genuinely interested thats all.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So if your car goes missing, we won't read on here about you or anyone else asking on your behalf for help finding it either from us or the cops? Excellent. And you probably won't claim on your insurance either, to help keep our prices down.

The point is, if he is insured and the cops are informed they can check that - probably without even talking to the guy. If he is insured, there's no harm done. If he's not insured, why should he be allowed to use the roads without abiding by the same rules as the rest of us? Maybe it would be ok for him to decide to drive on the right too?

Quick Reply: A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report