General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

new car with toad alarm help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 AM
sbon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new car with toad alarm help needed

hi all hope some one can help,
i have just got a bmw soft top with a toad alarm but have no idea what kind it is, all i know is the fob is dark green and has 4 black buttons the alarm under the bonnet is black with a green bit on it
is also has the led which does three colours red,orange, and green,

i do not have a manual so need to find out what model it is so i can find out how to work it all,

i have a few problems with it to, ie when the top is down the alarm goes off, and some time it does not lock the door, and even with the roof up and does lock the doors the alarm can just go off, is this just down to being set up,

hope you can help thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM
steanlol
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a cat 1 ai606 i think

If i were you i'd take it to a toad dealer and get them to maybe read the codes off it as it may have a dicky sensor or something

Think this may be a manual for it
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...oad_Ai606.html

Last edited by steanlol; 06-03-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sbon,
I tried to send a lengthy message to you via the pm you sent, and even put a thread up asking you to empty your inbox, so if you do this I'll send again.
Everything that needs doing is easy to do.
tabetha
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
sbon

hi tabetha
i have empty my inbox now thanks,
Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Look on the actual siren bit, will give a clue about likely alarm.
It could be a very early ai606, later ones were 2 colour, or a ai600, virtually identical in working.
Pm me your email and I'l sort the manuals for you.
Going off, is due to being triggered, almost defo set too sensitive with it being a soft top, the interior sensors can be disabled easy enough by pressing the arm button again within 5 secs after locking.
When the alarm has sounded for any reason, you will get a extra chirp/flash from indicators upon disarming, then after you insert the igntion key and turn to position 2 the LED will flash a certain number of times corresponding to the circuit that has been triggered, eg 4 flashes is bonnet for example.
If you put the alarm in valet/service mode, by holding both lock and unlock buttons with ignition on till it unlocks and beeps, when you turn the ignition off then on again will tell you if it is a ai600 or ai606, putting the igntion on whilst is service mode will cancel service mode on the ai606, as it is by then a thatcham criteria, doing this on the earlier ai600, will NOT affect it when in service mode, this has to be got out of sevice mode by pressing either the lock or unlock button(doesn't matter which) with the ignition on whereupon it will emit three quick beeps with indicator flashes, that why I like the ai600 better.
In service mode the lock and unlock still work.
Not locking/unlocking sometimes may be due to a sticky door lock motor.
The interior sensors can be adjusted, through what's called switch positions, or clock positions as most call them, very easy to do.
Does the alarm chirp upon arm/disarm, if it does, almost defo a ai600, which is slightly better imo, as later ones had to be supplied in silent mode due to nosie pollution regs!!.
If that is the case pressing the right top button prior to disarming/arming will silence the beeps.
The two smaller ones are for accessory outputs, th alarm can also be configured to put the lights on upon disarming(car dependant) as well as total closure where it puts the windows up, when arming just hold the button, if total closure module(timer) is fitted windows will go up.
tabetha
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Crap,
I was a toad installer, that's why I can help.
A dealer will charge.
tabetha
Old 07-03-2010, 04:41 PM
sbon

tabether seems to know what he is talking about so will trust him, by the way i have not tried what you said yet, but today i notice that if i look the door on the drivers side the central looking work fine but if i do it on the other side it dose not work, also the window drops when you open the door which it should do but some times did does not and thats when the central looking does not work with the alarm,