General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dicko&Sarah Paypal for Murphy

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Female)
Super Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dicko&Sarah Paypal for Murphy

I'm sure many people have read this post about murphy the dog getting hit by a car and that now the insurance are not going to pay out..

https://passionford.com/forum/genera...evastated.html

A few people have asked for there paypal on that post to send a donation to help out..
here is the paypal address for the people that offered to help..
dickonsarah@hotmail.co.uk

The money is going to help with the cost of the op that he has to have,
below is a copy from the main thread what damage he done and what the vets need to do.

""hes been sedat
ed and X-rayed and hes got extensive pelvic fractures to both sides
the vet said its a really big job to repair with a pin to stabilise his pelvis, hence the cost, as it takes a long time to do, but he also said he had his age on his side and because he was so young it should heal nicely with rest.

Last edited by Mrs T; 06-03-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: added to
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get well soon murphy

£20 sent

Every little helps. c`mon dog lovers.

Last edited by rabmc; 05-03-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

can you please give a little more detail on what any extra money will help to achieve
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the guy is not wanting or asking for a penny, doenst hope to achieve anything, we are just trying to help the situation mate
Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my paypal does not work any more, any other way of donating?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good luck with it all, hope you get enough to help. Would love to donate but still trying to scrape together the extra £100 the vets now want for maddies op the other day. Told us should be about £200 and ended up being £300 so proper screwed this month up for us.

All the best thou!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rabmc
the guy is not wanting or asking for a penny, doenst hope to achieve anything, we are just trying to help the situation mate

not sure i understand, i am a dog owner myself and would want to help in any way i can, but i dont uunderstand what this money will be put towards?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 PM
JamesXP
Part of the Furniture

^
their dog was ran over, insurance decided not to pay out for surgery, Dicko/Sarah have borrowed the money for the operation.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry, i am getting really confussed here, i was with the understanding that murphy has recieved treatment and is recovering, but as a result of lack of funds, may be left with arthritis, are we tryinging to gain funds for an operation to prevent the arthritis?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM
JamesXP
Part of the Furniture

The owners have decided to borrow the money for the operation, and people here have offered to help them along with the current situation.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Twellsie
sorry, i am getting really confussed here, i was with the understanding that murphy has recieved treatment and is recovering, but as a result of lack of funds, may be left with arthritis, are we tryinging to gain funds for an operation to prevent the arthritis?
read the thread, first and best option as i read it is to get the operation, other option due to lack of funds is to medicate the dog and rest him, first option obviously being best for the dog. hth.

Last edited by thebigyin; 05-03-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

there is another thread mate.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Twellsie
copy from other post

without the op it does mean hes going to have to spend the next 6 weeks in permanent cage rest, on tramadol painkillers.

Hes still very scared obviously in lots of pain, im also scared of him biting me due to yesterday. So we have to get a muzzle for him until his pain goes, to make me feel at ease and so he cant try to bite me if its sore to get him out of cage.

So basically - hes gotta heal on his own, which will result in arthritis in later age and hes got a bad month ahead of him.

Last edited by Mrs T; 05-03-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:33 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so either way hes going to have arthritis at older age , ??

and dont want to sound crude ( ive never owned a dog ) but surely if hes in a world of pain and going to suffer for the rest of his life wouldnt the humain thin to be to put him down , whats to say he wont attack one of the kids while hes recovering in the house ???

i know sarah and dicko personally and they know i speak me mind , but any animal who bites someone imo shouldnt be around kids, i mean what if one of the boys pats his injured leg , whats to stop him snapping at them ?

also why are we donating if youve borrowed money for the surgery ???

i know it comes across as heartless and i apologise ,

but why wouldnt the insurance pay out.............

beef
Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

beefy the dog bit him because of severe pain, trauma and is very common, it doesnt know what its doing at that moment in time

No way does it mean he is going or is going to bite in future,god he is 4 months old just a baby..

Who knows for sure what will happen in the future. but he will make a full recovery with the right treatment, and live a healthy life.

A perfectly healthy dog could get arthritis etc doesnt make a difference really as there is nothing or sure
Old 05-03-2010, 11:42 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

surely this thread is pointless if they've already found the money?
Different if they couldnt tbh.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
no people still wanted to help out
Old 05-03-2010, 11:56 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

its like minded people trying to help some fellow animal lovers/dog owners out, absolutely no reason for anyone coming on this thread questioning the situation, no one is being asked or forced to do anything, the situation is what it is, if you want to help help if you dont ,why moan? them having got a loan means nowt to me..why should it? i want to help, simple as.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by thebigyin
not at you.
Fair play mate my bad.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its like minded people trying to help some fellow animal lovers/dog owners out, absolutely no reason for anyone coming on this thread questioning the situation, no one is being asked or forced to do anything, the situation is what it is, if you want to help help if you dont ,why moan? them having got a loan means nowt to me..why should it? i want to help, simple as.
I wasnt moaning at all mate, i absolutly love dogs and he's a proper cutey. I'd be first to get my hand in my pocket if they couldnt get it
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Go and read the fucking thread, instead of having wild stabs in the dark which could offend people. I will contribute, but I am in a dispute with Paypal over a headlight I sold, so need another way of donating.

Benni.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
Go and read the fucking thread, instead of having wild stabs in the dark which could offend people.
Please explain how i've had a wild stab in the dark? Its how i understood the situation, and i hope i HAVNT offended anybody.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

youre missing the point, misunderstanding the situation , showing no signs of having read and understood the main accident post etc etc etc, you dont have a dog and it shows, if you dont want to donate ..dont, no ones asking YOU for anything so why get arsey?? ever heard the saying , if you dont have anything good to say then say nothing?

from what i read its a severe injury to a very young dog mate and the point i was trying to make is whats to stop him biting someone , whilst im not saying his will and the dog will no doubt be muzzled for the permanent future it still would play on my mind if i had children , but like you said ive never owned a dog and never had the attachment that comes with one

but ....

if i thougt that dog was going to spend the next 6 weeks in pain and possably never make a full recovery putting it to sleep would for me pesonally be an option id think about ,

yes i know it will be painfull on the family but so would watching him in pain for me ,

i never expected everyone to agree with my point of view ,im sure theres folk who do but dont want to be lambasted for sounding sooooooo mean and nasty and well like me ,

i hope theres a good resoloution to the situation , but im just trying to work out what were donating towards if they have borrowed the money for surgery ?

im not even working but if it was for a good cause id be for it ,

id just like to know why the insurance company wont pay , very cuntixh of them and surely if the policy is up to date that should pay out ,

and as for if you got nothing nice to say dont say anything ?

is that really the world you live in mate , let be realistic this is a public forum and subjects are open to debate ,

im not expecting folk to agree with me 100%

but surely you can see the angle im coming from ~?

beef
Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by -beefy-
from what i read its a severe injury to a very young dog mate and the point i was trying to make is whats to stop him biting someone , whilst im not saying his will and the dog will no doubt be muzzled for the permanent future it still would play on my mind if i had children , but like you said ive never owned a dog and never had the attachment that comes with one

but ....

if i thougt that dog was going to spend the next 6 weeks in pain and possably never make a full recovery putting it to sleep would for me pesonally be an option id think about ,

yes i know it will be painfull on the family but so would watching him in pain for me ,

i never expected everyone to agree with my point of view ,im sure theres folk who do but dont want to be lambasted for sounding sooooooo mean and nasty and well like me ,

i hope theres a good resoloution to the situation , but im just trying to work out what were donating towards if they have borrowed the money for surgery ?

im not even working but if it was for a good cause id be for it ,

id just like to know why the insurance company wont pay , very cuntixh of them and surely if the policy is up to date that should pay out ,

and as for if you got nothing nice to say dont say anything ?

is that really the world you live in mate , let be realistic this is a public forum and subjects are open to debate ,

im not expecting folk to agree with me 100%

but surely you can see the angle im coming from ~?

beef

course i see youre point beefy, these people have had a big fright and some of us would like to help, why moan about it?

the thread wasnt asking for any debate, it simply there as a means to help if you want to,

im not working myself at the mo,

you dont have a dog so you couldnt possibly understand the emotions involved, i understand that but i thought you were a decent type from having seen you on here,

and of course i am not saying you shouldnt have an opinion i was just asking for a little understanding.

no offence intended.

Last edited by thebigyin; 06-03-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

insurance rang to ask how it happened as underwriter was asking? Then after we had dropped him off on way home, insurance rang back to say they were NOT going to pay for the operation, because it was our fault he got out of the house... in their words " he was not in a secure place" Well obviously any dog that escapes from a house isnt secure, we know that, which is why there was an ACCIDENT
thats what the insurance has come out with.

As for the 6 weeks of pain i think that was more towards him if he had to heal on his own without the op
The op is going to be as painful but not as much as not having it done.

Only reason i put this thread up was due to a good few people offering to help out,

Last edited by Mrs T; 06-03-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

insurance wont pay because thay are cunts, using anything they can to avoid paying, its disgusting.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The RSPCA run vetinary hospitals specifically for people who have injured animals and can't afford treatment. Here's my local one in south west London: http://www.putneysw15.com/default.as...page=rspca.htm

I don't know where you're based but it's probably worth a search on google and a call to the RSPCA rather than mounting a Passionford collection campaign I reckon.

Charlie
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

the pdsa and dogs trust both offer services in these type of situations, various criteria have to be met to get treatment.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

makes you wonder why you should bother with insurance if they shy away from an accident, shocking really
Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

before everyone slates me for this i am only repeating what a mates dad said when his dog was run over " £900 for the vets bill, i can get a bullet for 50 fucking p"
Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

a dogs a family member, simple. never turn your back on them no matter what
Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Originally Posted by **T**

insurance rang to ask how it happened as underwriter was asking? Then after we had dropped him off on way home, insurance rang back to say they were NOT going to pay for the operation, because it was our fault he got out of the house... in their words " he was not in a secure place" Well obviously any dog that escapes from a house isnt secure, we know that, which is why there was an ACCIDENT

thats what the insurance has come out and told them, as for the 6 weeks of pain i think that was more towards him if he had to heal on his own without the op
The op is going to be as painful but not as much as not having it done.

Only reason i put this thread up was due to a good few people offering to help out,

right to all involved i apologise ,

ive just re read the entire original post , and well i see where im in tyhe wrong here ,

so to t rabmc and the bygyin i sincerly apologise , i assumed that chances fir a full recovery were slim and that the dog would be in pain for a forseable time , where it seems that with the op he has a gud chance ,

like i said i try to see mysel as a reasonable bloke who state his opinon as he sees it , but as its been said this wasnt a discussion it was a post for those willing to help ,

so my bad peeps , in future ill read things a bit more carefully before opening me mouth

t , ill donate in the morning , heres to a speedy recovery to the lil fella,

mods , please feel free to clear up the thread on my part to keep it on track ,

regards ,

beef
Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Well said.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

simple as that.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by -beefy-
right to all involved i apologise ,

ive just re read the entire original post , and well i see where im in tyhe wrong here ,

so to t rabmc and the bygyin i sincerly apologise , i assumed that chances fir a full recovery were slim and that the dog would be in pain for a forseable time , where it seems that with the op he has a gud chance ,

like i said i try to see mysel as a reasonable bloke who state his opinon as he sees it , but as its been said this wasnt a discussion it was a post for those willing to help ,

so my bad peeps , in future ill read things a bit more carefully before opening me mouth

t , ill donate in the morning , heres to a speedy recovery to the lil fella,

mods , please feel free to clear up the thread on my part to keep it on track ,

regards ,

beef

Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Char1ie
The RSPCA run vetinary hospitals specifically for people who have injured animals and can't afford treatment. Here's my local one in south west London: http://www.putneysw15.com/default.as...page=rspca.htm

I don't know where you're based but it's probably worth a search on google and a call to the RSPCA rather than mounting a Passionford collection campaign I reckon.

Charlie
I've used the p.d.s.a before and its a blinding service
Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Conor Harrington
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

cant believe some peopel cant understand the concept of what is trying to be achived.
the familly has had a familly memeber hurt and they took out money to pay for the dog in these hards times people need help and people on here who want to make a donation to help the family do so by the above that has been mentioned
17 i cant see what the big fuss is about
nice to see people who are helping as i know i would appreciate the help from anyone
and i cannot give enough priase to places that give help to animal with owners that dont have enough money for rediciousle treatment
good luck

Last edited by Conor Harrington; 06-03-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Mrs T
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

makes you wonder why you should bother with insurance if they shy away from an accident, shocking really

I've been getting quote's today for my staff knowing full well if she had a bad accident i couldnt pay that out nor could i get the money to have that done to her if the worse happened

Originally Posted by Conor Harrington
cant believe some peopel cant understand the concept of what is trying to be achived.
the familly has had a familly memeber hurt and they took out money to pay for the dog in these hards times people need help and people on here who want to make a donation to help the family do so by the above that has been mentioned
17 i cant see what the big fuss is about
nice to see people who are helping as i know i would appreciate the help from anyone
and i cannot give enough priase to places that give help to animal with owners that dont have enough money for rediciousle treatment
good luck
all sorted now back on track
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by **T**
I've been getting quote's today for my staff knowing full well if she had a bad accident i couldnt pay that out nor could i get the money to have that done to her if the worse happened
I know, its poor really. You pay for a service that they try to squirm out of. It should be about getting sorted when needed then sort details later if your liable then a pay back scheme. I absolutly hate seeing animals in pain.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As an animal lover and pet owner the cash is sent I don't care if they don't need it etc I'd like to do my bit

Paul

Quick Reply: Dicko&Sarah Paypal for Murphy