General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

sony mdx-m690 problem with radio tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
supercaptaincrash
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sony mdx-m690 problem with radio tuning?

evening all! does anybody know about sony headunits as im hoping someone can help me out! i have a sony mdx-m690 head unit and it will not pick up radio stations but everything else works as it should! i have heard that the ribbon from the face to the main unit can get damaged and cause problems but would this cause any problems with the reception? when i scan for channels all i get is crackly noise! cheers
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

not making out your stupid but have you checked the arial is deffo plugged in at the back, just incase it's come loose and fallen out if it's not then see if you can borrow an arial from somewhere to test it's not your arial.

and also is it just searching for channels and not stopping or are you say putting it on radio 1 frequency and it's just piking up static, if it just searching through then it could be something in the settings but couldn't tell you exactly what, resetting the unit could maybe cure it if it's something in the settings.

and if it's none of these then rip it out the dash and cry .

has it just happened or is it a new second hand stereo thats doing this, just to help anyone else that might have some info